Create your own religon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
Looked it up and found nothing.So you can create your own God or gods.All the mythos behind your religon etc.

debbiejo
There is a book out about doing just that..

mr.smiley
seriously?
That would be pretty cool.

mr.smiley
Okay.
My Religon is called Esuja.It consist of four major energies that formed into four seperate beings.Two gods and two godesses.Two of light and two of darkness.

I'll get back to this. wink

debbiejo
I can't think of any, they've all been done. How about the religion of brown eyed goddesses or sacred sex?

mr.smiley
?????????????

wow. eek!

XxoooxX
My religon is only to belive what I belive in. I belive we need no religon. People need to do good not because they will go to hell just so we all can be happy we need no religon.

debbiejo
Originally posted by mr.smiley
?????????????

wow. eek!

Everyone will be running to church.. big grin

mr.smiley
I will become a preacher or something for that religon

debbiejo
laughing

101 ways to become more sacred...

mr.smiley
yeah.

debbiejo
So....mr.smiley, what's your new religions...You created this thread... blink big grin

mr.smiley
Still working on it.

titalice
Mine is Puterista. It consists of One God only and one slave. The slave turned against the God and became the bad God. The good God was taken over by this god and had many children. The children were Geristo, Harrni, Kelkuniah and Judibsta. Geristo went off with his father and turned hateful and dark. But Harrni, Kelkuniah and Judibista turned good. These are the five Gods now. You worship them all as they all started as good. But turned bad. I worship the dark God and his dark son Geristo. Because Harrni and Kelkunia are dying from the hatred spreading across their land. Judibista is now the other God. The war of the Gods has been going on for 70 years. That was their story. All of them are now dead apart from Judibista, he is now the one God you HAVE to worship.

Vivien
Making your own religion would be really cool.
Just don't do what Jim Jones did and tell all your followers to kill themselves.
Then again, having Catholics as followers and killing them wouldn't be so bad.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Vivien

Then again, having Catholics as followers and killing them wouldn't be so bad. laughing out loud

Jim Jones didn't die, they're on the Hale-Bob comet...

mr.smiley
Originally posted by titalice
Mine is Puterista. It consists of One God only and one slave. The slave turned against the God and became the bad God. The good God was taken over by this god and had many children. The children were Geristo, Harrni, Kelkuniah and Judibsta. Geristo went off with his father and turned hateful and dark. But Harrni, Kelkuniah and Judibista turned good. These are the five Gods now. You worship them all as they all started as good. But turned bad. I worship the dark God and his dark son Geristo. Because Harrni and Kelkunia are dying from the hatred spreading across their land. Judibista is now the other God. The war of the Gods has been going on for 70 years. That was their story. All of them are now dead apart from Judibista, he is now the one God you HAVE to worship.

Sounds pretty cool.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by debbiejo
laughing out loud

Jim Jones didn't die, they're on the Hale-Bob comet...

I can't belive I missed it! sad

fruits
ive kind of done that. well, im catholic, but there are things i dont agree on in the catholic religion, so i believe in some other stuff. for example, catholics say that animals dont have souls, therefore have no after life. i protest this. i say animals have as much of a soul as us and will be there when i get to heaven. its not really making up my own religion, just thinking differently about some aspects of my current religion

debbiejo
I believe animals have soul also...

fruits
woot woot.

debbiejo
Every energy that comes from God has something. Believing that animals don't have souls gives people less thought on abusing them.

fruits
yeah. and why would god create something without a soul? just for our purposes?? thats total bull.

and the reasoning behind the fact that animal's dont have souls is that we were created in god's image, cuz he created animals, then us. but thats a bunch of croc in my opinion. i mean, humans ARE animals. the ONLY thing that sets us aside from everything else is that we are more technology advanced.

debbiejo
I had read an interesting metaphor about being created in Gods image...We are all parts of the Whole that God is...Just as our cells are made up of the whole that we are..Just like Earth is part of the whole that the Universe is and on and on...

I think we are all connected to each other and all things including animals...We are made up of the same type of energy that created us.

fruits
true dat!!

fruits
hey y'all, im leaving for a few weeks, but ill be back on july 2nd. then ill be here for a week, then leave 2more weeks. so, until i get back, may peace be with you. this celebration has ended, let us go in peace to love and serve the lord. AMEN!

c y'all in a few weeks. lol

AdventChild
I believe in Martial Artism

Definition:Martial Artism- The belief that spirt,body and soul are one, and defending one's self,values, beliefs, morals,family, friends and others that one may care for. 2. Belief in fighting for what is right and for justice, using one's abilities to the fullest and doing everything within one's will to do what is right for a loved one.3 The practice in not one style of the Martial Arts but the practice of learn all martial arts, western, eastern, north, and south.

finti
i belive in the truth

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
i belive in the truth

Yours or mine?

mr.smiley
I had read an interesting metaphor about being created in Gods image...We are all parts of the Whole that God is...Just as our cells are made up of the whole that we are..Just like Earth is part of the whole that the Universe is and on and on...

I think we are all connected to each other and all things including animals...We are made up of the same type of energy that created us.

If Dogs or Cats created God,God would look like a Dog or Cat.

AdventChild
CatDog!!!!

mr.smiley
LOL.

CatDog the God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

debbiejo
If Dogs or Cats created God,God would look like a Dog or Cat.

Dogs and cats are also part of THE ONE.

DigiMark007
Agreed debbiejo...everything in existance is formed from the same energy, and in fact there isn't any 'dead space'...the entire universe is a continuous stream of energy in its various forms. We truly are all one. It's a staggering thought, especially given the billions of other galaxies that exist.

My created religion would revolve around something like that. It would place the universe and, more immediately, our earth at the forefront of the religion. Religion and ecology would coincide with one another. Supposed rules and regulations passed down from the past would be thrown out in favor of trying to decide what is equal and right.

And very little would be in stone. Early members of any religion changed and interpreted their religion. They adapted the religion to what they knew and believed. Why can't we do the same? My religion would encourage change and adaptation based upon new scientific and/or philosophical findings...to create a truly growing body of humanity. This would prevent stagnation and would keep the religion updated for the times.

I wouldn't wholly ridicule Christianity, but at the burial of the last Pope, the closest 5-6 hundred people to the coffin were men. For supposedly the world's church, one that proclaims spiritual equality, that display seemed rather backward and lopsided to me. Things like that are what I would try to avoid.

Certain beliefs might be in stone though. Reincarnation probably (which I believe in) which plays right into the idea of the universe as being an end unto itself, and one with itself (as previously stated), rather than simply a vessel to get us to heaven. But it wouldn't necesarily be the traditional views on reincarnation. What value is there to a soul to be reincarnated as a dog after they've been a human? And perhaps there is a knowable God, much like the Christians proclaim, or perhaps the pinnacle of spirituality is more like the Buddhist Enlightenment. Any of these paths would be open for consideration.

There's my religion...at least the bare bones of it. Hehe...that was fun.

-DM

debbiejo
clap

Sign me up.

Celestialgirl
I Love this thread-making up your own religion is fun, but I'm not dumb enough to follow it I already have my own. In World Religion class we actuallly had to make up are own religion for a summative I'll post all the info on mine later it's kind of long but I'll try posting the pics I did w/ it later I got a 90% and my friend got 100%.

DigiMark007
clap

Sign me up.

Awesome. I have a congregation now.

Soon we'll rule the world and make them all worship us...I mean, uh, we'll promote peace and understanding. Yeah, that's it.

*smiles evilly...walks away and begins planning conquest of Earth*

-DM

debbiejo
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Awesome. I have a congregation now.

Soon we'll rule the world and make them all worship us...I mean, uh, we'll promote peace and understanding. Yeah, that's it.

*smiles evilly...walks away and begins planning conquest of Earth*

-DM

Do we need missionaries?

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Celestialgirl
I Love this thread-making up your own religion is fun, but I'm not dumb enough to follow it I already have my own. In World Religion class we actuallly had to make up are own religion for a summative I'll post all the info on mine later it's kind of long but I'll try posting the pics I did w/ it later I got a 90% and my friend got 100%.

Awesome!

debbiejo
Lets join the new religion....

DigiMark007
Lets join the new religion....

Which new religion?

And missionaries? Even though my last post was kinda silly, sure we could have missionaries. The nice part about my religion would be that you wouldn't necesarily have to leave your current religion (though we'd provide enough of a spiritual base if it was all people had...the details are still kinda sketchy in my head). But rather than talking to people individually (which usually annoys them...think about how mcuh you'd hate seeing Jehovah's Witnesses at your door) we'd go to church leaders to see where we might have some common ground. If we get congregations interested in that manner we might have a better chance of expanding. Even if we didn't expand so much, we'd plant some of our ideas in the minds of clergy members of various faiths...always a decent starting point.

debbiejo
Flyiers would probably work....Many denomination would have a problem with it...It would be called "Satan leading the church astray."

mr.smiley
The one church of many churches.

Buddhist Monks disscussing life with Catholic Priest.
Muslims laughing with with Jews.

Only in a perfect world....................................Or maybe......................................

debbiejo
Or maybe in secret societies...

mr.smiley
Very true

debbiejo
We have secret societies anyway, so I'll join.

mr.smiley
I will join only until my own religon is complete.

Then I will seek world domination and a Smiley statue will be placed on top of every Wal Mart in the world!!!!!!!!!!

debbiejo
I will join only until my own religon is complete.

Then I will seek world domination and a Smiley statue will be placed on top of every Wal Mart in the world!!!!!!!!!!

you've been alittle lacking in creating lately..OHHH, just join this one...Sounds cool. Otherwise, you'll have to send your missionaries.

AdventChild
Martial Artism is always there to join.....Geez act like i'm not even here...

mr.smiley
you've been alittle lacking in creating lately..OHHH, just join this one...Sounds cool. Otherwise, you'll have to send your missionaries.

I'm saving it up. smile

BackFire
Here's one.

Do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt other people or break laws.

debbiejo
Isn't there a political party that runs on that?

Justbyfaith
The world has over 35,000 different faiths and beliefs. There are many people who I talk too that don't believe in an absolute truth as I do. That's ok, let me offer this thread too> (Create Your Own Religion!) Here's how it works!

Step 1. Name your Religion or belief
Step 2. Describe it's basic beliefs (Note: Do not claim it is the only truth!
Step 3. Share how one can join and what he/she must do
Step 4. Share the benefits of this Religion to self
Step 5. Try another one if your lifestyle changes or create something new that might make you feel better. big grin

debbiejo
My religion would be quite simple....Treat others as you would like to be treated.

1. It would have no name.
2. Love/respect everything and everyone
3. Showing people who you are by JUST living it, no need for words.
4. The benefits would be tremendous. Imagine that!!

Shakyamunison
Another thread destined to the OTF. stick out tongue laughing

Justbyfaith
My religion would be quite simple....Treat others as you would like to be treated.

1. It would have no name.
2. Love/respect everything and everyone
3. Showing people who you are by JUST living it, no need for words.
4. The benefits would be tremendous. Imagine that!!

This faith sounds like Jesus without the hypocrites. big grin

DigiMark007
My religion would be simple:

Kneel Before Zod!

Author's Note: I'd be Zod.

maham
I'd rather preach my religion than creatin my religion.

Alliance
My religion wouldn't be such as I could have no doctrine.

But I could come up with a religous philosophy cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.