Grand Admiral Thrawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Follower
There's nothing really to say.... If you've read the books, you know how Thrawn was. His remarkable mind and composure. This was confirmed as he was dying, all he did was simply smile and compliment the Noghri's artowrk of killing him. I mean, how awesome is that?

Thrawn was just too sweet.

starwarsfreak34
this should be an official thread devoted to thrawn. he is truely remarkable. zahn did the EU and himself justice with thrawn... infact it was thanks to zahn and thrawn that there is an EU.
speaking off devotion threads, i might do one for Pellaeon, he was great too, especially the times when he was featured in the NJO

henniestevens
thrawn was a genius!

starwarsfreak34
All hail Thrawn! All hail Thrawn! thumb up

TraptUnderIce
I like how Thrawn had character in liking art and nature. It gave him a much deeper character much like many great generals from the real world.

DCLXVI
IMO, his military and/or political genius was, at times, severly lacking. Nonetheless, he did make an interesting character, and he was a nice, big contribution to the EU....wink

Delta 62
Thrawn is amazing. His tactical genius is un-matched. Who else would openly defy the Emperor and refuse to attack an opposing force because he wasn't "yet prepared to defeat"? Thrawn is my absolute favorite character in the entire Saga. I've read his trilogy probably..15+ times. Karrde follows a close second.

So far there's been only one picture of Thrawn that depicts him how I have him in my mind's eye. Every other gets him totally wrong. I've no idea what the name of the picture is, but I think it's the cover of some japanese chronology book. It has Vader's helmet in the background with various characters mainly from Episode I and IV in the foreground. I know it's on TFN somewhere in the books section.

TraptUnderIce
Thrawn had to have been a good general considering the Emperor let him live. The Chiss in general were military geniuses.

starwarsfreak34
if people love thrawn so much then go and buy the PB version of Jedi Trial. there is an excerpt of Zahn's new book Outbound Flight at the back. OF focuses on Thrawn's exhile and how he came to destory the vessel!

starwarsfreak34
i bought it just yesterday and was laughing with joy coz i been struggling to find an excerpt for it anywhere

TraptUnderIce
Why don't you wait til Nov and read it?

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
Why don't you wait til Nov and read it?

i love reading excerpts before a books release as it gives me a sense of what's going on and it gets me all excited. in a way, just like the skywalker saga is coming to an end, so is thrawn's legacy.

starwarsfreak34
oh, and its october not novemeber (the 25th i think it said)

Darth_Glentract
Skywalker Saga soming to an end? Hardly! Luke will probably live for ever for some in EU and he already has a son.

Lord Obdurate
Christian i really like ur idea about the 3rd kotor especially since i posted almost the exact same thing 3 weeks ago. I guess great minds think a like.

Delta 62
I was really hoping to see a Chiss in Episode III. Not Thrawn of course..but SOME Chiss.

I loved that one quote about the Chiss..can't remember it exactly but it was something like: "They don't just steal your technology..they make it better". Something along those lines.

DarthMandalore
I hope luke's reign comes to an end. big ego, overrated powers/skills... bah, move along i say.

TraptUnderIce
Big ego? The guy is quite humble in my opinion.

DarthMandalore
i don't think so...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.