megadeath or slayer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

waspluver
who do you like more megadeath or slayer?I cant choose I like them both.

MetallicaT
megadeath

eggmayo
Slayer.

nick1811
what sort of question is that! slayer are the best band of all time, hands down!

Deathblow
Slayer, by several continents worth of mileage.

Korri
Slayer. lreeve

Cinemaddiction
Who's Slayer?

Korri
A band thats better than Megadeth.

Cinemaddiction
Aww..SNAP!

Df02
Slayer without so much as a whisp of a shadow of a doubt

Rob Owns You
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Who's Slayer?

This awsome band
http://www.slaytanic.com/abyss.html

Filth
Got to be slayer.

SlipknoT
SLAYER!

StinkFist462
is this a real question ?

Korri
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Aww..SNAP!

happy

stinky> Unfortunately.

waspluver
Originally posted by Korri
Slayer. lreeve
WHAT!?You are a descrace to all things metal!!! mad

StinkFist462

stinky> Unfortunately.

sad well Slayer, easily

Korri
Originally posted by waspluver
WHAT!?You are a descrace to all things metal!!! mad

No, Dave Mustaine is.

MetallicaT
No, Dave Mustaine is.
i don't agree with that....but...

WOW! your sig kicks major ass korri!

Korri
I know, So do i eyes

SlipknoT
No, Dave Mustaine is. Wrong. Load, Re Load, Garage Inc., St. Anger are...

Korri
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Wrong. Load, Re Load, Garage Inc., St. Anger are...

Oh Dear,

someone is very ignorant smile.

Cinemaddiction
"Garage Inc." is easily the best collection of covers ever assembled. Can anyone find me better?

SlipknoT
Oh Dear,

someone is very ignorant smile. You're not ignorant Korri, you're just very mis Informed smile

Korri
Mis Informed? By whom?

PunisherFan33
slayer

SlipknoT
Mis Informed? By whom? Yourself

RagnaViper
Originally posted by waspluver
who do you like more megadeath or slayer?I cant choose I like them both.

Both bands have excellent points.

Slayer wrote Raining Blood, one of the greatest metal songs of all time, while none of Megadeth's songs can match it.

But as a huge Deth fan, I have to go with the Megadeth because their overall talent and discography is much better than that of Slayer.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by RagnaViper
Both bands have excellent points.

Slayer wrote Raining Blood, one of the greatest metal songs of all time, while none of Megadeth's songs can match it.

But as a huge Deth fan, I have to go with the Megadeth because their overall talent and discography is much better than that of Slayer.

Bullshit. That's straight up bull..shit. You HONESTLY think that you could match Dave Lombardo or Paul Bostaph with Nick Menza? Seriously? Mustaine vs King or Henneman?

This is beyond opinion, what you're claiming is virtual sacrilidge. There's no comparison.

Did You Know: King was Megadeth's original guitarist.

RagnaViper
Beyond opinion? Quiet. Everyone knows Megadeth hasn't been the same since Marty left, and Marty was the ****in' man. I'm considering their entire discography though. The part that includes Marty too. Not just what they are now.

Megadeth beats Slayer. Shut the f*** up.

RagnaViper
That point aside, what part of my statement was bullshit?

Cinemaddiction
Beyond opinion? Quiet. Everyone knows Megadeth hasn't been the same since Marty left, and Marty was the ****in' man. I'm considering their entire discography though. The part that includes Marty too. Not just what they are now.

Megadeth beats Slayer. Shut the f*** up.

A drummer doesn't make a band, and that's a lame excuse. If that were true, Marty was only one 3 albums, 2 of which were not very well recieved, and Megadeth's only real breakout album was "Countdown to Extinction".

Megadeth isn't worthy of even being mentioned in the same breathe, sentence, or paragraph as Slayer when it comes to musicianship. Slayer are metal gods, they literally invented thrash metal and set the standard, which is still followed today. Having released what is essentially the perfect album in "Reign in Blood" and the most complete live album in "DOA", I don't see how even the most biased Megadeth fan could make such a heinous claim.

Megadeth pussed out in the 90's, went totally soft. Slayer? "Diabolus" they dabbled in nu-metal, but when "God Hates Us All" came out, they ****ing pummeled the competition.

I IMPLORE you to find a Megadeth track that's as mentally disembowling as "Warzone" or "Payback".

Go for it. You're in the minority here, and I'll start a thread to prove it.

Cinemaddiction
That point aside, what part of my statement was bullshit?

That. Easily. Nobody will agree with you. Not even Dave Mustaine. Slayer's talent is undeniably better honed than Megadeth ever could wish to reach.

In all honesty, they are two totally different types of bands, Megadeth is heavy metal, Slayer is thrash.

RagnaViper
Which begs the question: can you compare two unlike things?

Imagine a thread: Metallica vs. 50 Cent. Most people would probably say Metallica's better, but it just isn't true. They're unlike things and you can't compare them.

So let me correct myself: I like Megadeth more than Slayer.

Honestly this entire thread is unanswerable because Slayer and Megadeth are completely different bands. You're right.

MrMind
megadeth goes too technical, slayer is definitely more brutal and of course more legendary

wicker_man
I love both but I'm a Slayer fanboy at heart!

XvampbenjiiX666
Slayer hands down. when someone says thrash, first song everyone metalhead thinks of is "raining blood". may not have been the first thrash band but they have mastered it and shaped it into what it is today

colossulrage
Love both bands but 80's METALLICA are better than both bands....

Stoic
Close but I'm more of a Megadeth fan. Holy Wars is one of my all time favorite songs.

Patient_Leech
This should have been a poll thread. Slayer all the way for me. I never have been able to get into megadeth. Metallica and Meshuggah, though, I like more than Slayer.

Robtard
Celine Dion > Slayer and Megadeth.

Patient_Leech
And...

Journey > Celine Dion

...ponder that for a while.

NemeBro
Can't we all agree that Testament makes them both look like shit?

RE: Blaxican
Can't we all agree that Linkin Park makes all three of them look like pussies?

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
And...

Journey > Celine Dion

...ponder that for a while.

Don't need to, Journey is possibly the greatest band ever. I listen to 'Don't Stop Believing' everyday before I leave the house to prepare myself for the day ahead.

Patient_Leech
Bullshit... Hanson is where it's at.

Heavymetalhead6
Dave Mustaine, the very talented, yet weakest guitarist in Megadeth history has more guitar chops in his left nut than Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King combined. How do Slayer albums differ in style.. I mean really. Slayer is for spike wearing, tattooed snake lovers. Okay they were a thrash band before Megadeth, big deal. They can have that all they want. They aren't real musicians. They should be actors in Alice Coopers stage show.

Stoic
Song for song I'd go with Megadeth. Both groups fell off long ago though. What happened to those groups seems to be happening to Mastodon as well.

carthage
Slayer no contest for me at least. They're faster, more influential, and have better songs than at least the first 3 Megadave albums.

Boomside
Slayer all day. Megadeth was good up until Countdown to extinction, then took a nosedive. Slayer put out some dogshit too, here and there, but overall their catalog is way stronger.

Kelly_Bean
Megadeth, hands down!

Robtard
How could you KellyB. How. COULD. you.

Omega Vision
Megadeth. Slayer just never had enough melody for me.

I will recognize that for their time they were the heaviest band in all the land.

jinXed by JaNx
Slayer Blows!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.