Help Thread When Writing You Star Wars Stories

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starwarsfreak34
Okay, this thread is only in existance thanks to another member on this site. so thanks go to darth-yoda, who started a thread requesting aid in his SW EU writing. i've been a writer of the EU for many years and lately i have taken a step back to do other work. now i wish to lend my services to others.

if you have any suggestions for 'pointer lessons' on this thread then i would be very happey to hear them. suggestions are welcome until this time next week. if i have enough then, i will start the first pointer session.

Happy Writing, and may the Force be with you!

starwarsfreak34
Also i am a regular over at outpost10f in cloud city cantina where i go by the name of Corran Halcyon. i am happy to take suggestios there as well.

starwarsfreak34
i would have thought people would have loads of ideas? confused

darth-yoda
hey starwarsfreak havent been on for about a day and didnt see your thread come on people u must have some ideas tht u would like made into a story like Darth revan VS Jedi Master luke i think that would make a great story did anyone read the revan vs yoda story i really liked that anyway thnx for the thanks and happy writing people

may the force be with you

archive monitor
thats a terrible story. how about somthing like the actual story of the sand people attacking fort tusken, the background of zam wessel. or somthing like that. somthing to satisfy the fans questions. like whats a tusken and jawa like under the mask.

darth-yoda
burnt humans

DarthMandalore
I don't know if i'm just slow or what, but is this a suggestion forum for the EU? or is it... a what?

starwarsfreak34
it could be said to be a suggestion forum for the EU, but the main purpose is to see what EU writers have problems about and to discuss methods and styles of star wars writing. think of it as an advice thread

darth-yoda
i am bad with names but someone helped me and now im ok i have a problem with how to put across wht no galactic basic people say like what a wookie would say how would i write that if you o what i mean

DarthMandalore
i have great ideas, but i often have difficulty wording it without writing another novel, just about my sentence.

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by darth-yoda
i am bad with names but someone helped me and now im ok i have a problem with how to put across wht no galactic basic people say like what a wookie would say how would i write that if you o what i mean

i often find that reversing every day words turns up great names.

Fishy

Something like this for the first time

Chewie let out a load growl, his native tongue was hard to understand for most people but Han understood every word of it "I agree chewie, those imperials are bastards."

From then on you can just basically make Chewie talk with Han because we already know he understands... You can make it like a growl for the rest of the people easily just by saying what Chewie said and then adding Nobody but Han understood a word of it, lucky for them that Han was more then willing to function as a translator

Or something like that, its not all that hard just be creative.

Fishy

Chewie let out a load growl, his native tongue was hard to understand for most people but Han understood every word of it "I agree chewie, those imperials are bastards."

From then on you can just basically make Chewie talk with Han because we already know he understands... You can make it like a growl for the rest of the people easily just by saying what Chewie said and then adding Nobody but Han understood a word of it, lucky for them that Han was more then willing to function as a translator

Fishy

Corranhorn
yea thats a gud idea. u cud also just try and say things like chewie growled in agreement,or he barked in puzzlement

Fishy
Why the hell did I say that 3 times?

Sorry people, connection was screwy when I posted that, and I can't edit or delete it anymore because 15 minutes have past.

Oh and a question for everybody here, but this has more to do with SW itself then with writing

Does anybody know how long True Sith lived and if there was anything going on about 200 years after Ragnos and Sadow their time?

DarthMandalore
i believe the sith had been dead about 1-2000 years before the events of KOTOR, but I'm not sure about anything else...

darth-yoda
dose anyone no anthing about the original apart from there dead and id say that darthmandalore is right about the timeline thanx for the advice on the wording of wookies andsuch.i would of put as the wind blew across chewbaccas face he let out a growl yes agreed han we should find somewere to shelter us from the wind would that be ok

DarthMandalore
wait, when did the great hyperspace war happen?

Julie
I haven't tried too much EU work...I've been so busy with other writing projects, poor fan fic gets the ignore button pushed

Holifyre
I'd suggest you start your own story on SW. It will be more challenging but yet more entertaining. Coming up with character names will be a bit hard but once that is finished and you let your mind free, then things will come to you and as you progress, you will notice that your story is coming to life. Don't base it on something that is already done. That s*** takes time and is no fun

General Zodiac
Have a lot of twists like a fellow Jedi goes to the darkside or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.