Illegal Immigration

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
I was talking to a friend of mine,south of the border, on the phone this morning, and I had an interesting thought.

We began to talk about his kid can't find a summer job because, he feels, all the summer student-type jobs often employ illegal immigrants. (I personally think that it is because his son is too freekin' lazy, but that's another issue.)

He then rambled on about the issue of illegal immigrants in his state (texas) and how the situation should be handled.

I thought to myself, and then said, "why don't they just punish the people that are knowingly hiring illegal immigrants?" to which he replied, "well you can't do that!".

The debate went on for abit, but we never saw eye to eye on it. But I ask you all, why can't you punish people for knowingly hiring illegal workers? Instead of just making life miserable for the people crossing the border, why can't you go after the people who are benefiting from it?

botankus
I guess it's because it's not the company's job to ensure that these people are legal. I'm talking anything more than ID verification. Not everyone is required to do background checks.

Yesssss, I understand what you're saying, and maybe they should be punished, but it seems like their business lies in Dollars, not Customs.

Napalm
I am so frigging tired of mexicans immigrants that come in and cant even speak enghlish. For Gods sake learn english people !

PVS
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I thought to myself, and then said, "why don't they just punish the people that are knowingly hiring illegal immigrants?" to which he replied, "well you can't do that!".

because its all about racism.
thats it, nothing more.

if it went beyond that, then those who knowingly hire illegals would be punished, nobody would want to hire them because of this, no more reason for them to jump the boarder...problem solved.

but that wont happen, because rich people run this country and rich people love cheap labor.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Napalm
I am so frigging tired of mexicans immigrants that come in and cant even speak enghlish. For Gods sake learn english people !

Now what was the point of this post? To merely state an opinion? well that's great, however the question asked, "do Mexican immigrants make you feel tired and do you wish that they would learn to speak english?"

No, the question was why is there only a half-assed attempt to solve this problem? Do you see how botankus and PVS constructively answered the question raised? I would assume not many people are fond of illegal immigration, and for many reasons other than the fact that illegal immigrants might not speak the best english.

It is no surprise that you are not fond of immigrants Napalm. No need to state the clearly obvious, the merely obvious would suffice.

botankus
Napalm = Jackie's dark side

Bardock42
Immigrants get hired because they either work better, harder or cheaper than the "Natives" (not meaning Indians stick out tongue ).

If at all you should make sure that they at least get minimum wages so that everyone has a fair sporting chance for the job. If you suck at the job and only want to work 30 hours for immense amount of money...well tough luck.

By the way, here's Maddox view on Illegal Immegrants

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Napalm = Jackie's dark side

He can spell, he has views he didn't get from his twin sister and he understands what was posted before him, so.......no.

botankus
Originally posted by Bardock42
If you suck at the job and only want to work 30 hours for immense amount of money...well tough luck.

Not if you're in a union. stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Not if you're in a union. stick out tongue

Well that is true thats why Unions suck cock .... I mean in Germany it worked great for some time but just because Unions as Well as Employer Unions (I don'T know if there is a word for that) were fair with each other....now the Unions just want to get as much money for the least work possible.

big gay kirk
I have nothing against immigration per se.... if those involved go through the correct channels... here in the UK we have a problem with economic migrants pretending to be asylum seekers, and disappearing into the black economy as soon as they are in the Country... these people are not at risk in their own country, and many work and claim benefits fraudulently... one man in my town was recently caught claiming benefits under twelve different names, and for a wife and child that did not exist.... he was getting about eight hundred pounds a week for not contributing to the economy in any way.... eight hundred pounds of MY money.... genuine asylum seekers, fair enough... an old college friend of mine had to leave Uganda because his uncle had stood for Parliament, and had been shot with his wife, brother and mother... my friend had no choice but to leave Uganda, and came here because it was where his dad came from.... but back to the point... immigrants should go through the proper channels, and those channels should be streamlined and better enforced....

big gay kirk
The French had agood idea once.... they offered an amnesty to all illegal immigrants... if the illegals turned up to certain places on a certain date, they would be given a French passport and ten thousand francs.... the ones who took up the french Government on this offer were arrested and deported...

KharmaDog
Originally posted by big gay kirk
The French had agood idea once.... they offered an amnesty to all illegal immigrants... if the illegals turned up to certain places on a certain date, they would be given a French passport and ten thousand francs.... the ones who took up the french Government on this offer were arrested and deported...

Well they learned their lesson, no one trusts their own gov't, that's where they made the mistake. As humorous as this example is, it is kind of incredibly tacky.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Bardock42
Immigrants get hired because they either work better, harder or cheaper than the "Natives" (not meaning Indians stick out tongue ).

If at all you should make sure that they at least get minimum wages so that everyone has a fair sporting chance for the job. If you suck at the job and only want to work 30 hours for immense amount of money...well tough luck.

By the way, here's Maddox view on Illegal Immegrants

They work for less,but let me tell you,they hardly do a better job.

jaden101
Originally posted by big gay kirk
I have nothing against immigration per se.... if those involved go through the correct channels... here in the UK we have a problem with economic migrants pretending to be asylum seekers, and disappearing into the black economy as soon as they are in the Country... these people are not at risk in their own country, and many work and claim benefits fraudulently... one man in my town was recently caught claiming benefits under twelve different names, and for a wife and child that did not exist.... he was getting about eight hundred pounds a week for not contributing to the economy in any way.... eight hundred pounds of MY money.... genuine asylum seekers, fair enough... an old college friend of mine had to leave Uganda because his uncle had stood for Parliament, and had been shot with his wife, brother and mother... my friend had no choice but to leave Uganda, and came here because it was where his dad came from.... but back to the point... immigrants should go through the proper channels, and those channels should be streamlined and better enforced....

indeed...but immigration and asylum are 2 entirely separate issues...immigrants arent fleeing anything...particularly illegal immigrants

the problem in the UK is that they "lose" their identification...get blackmarket work...and when they are caught only then do they claim asylum and in many cases say they are from a country where they did not originate simply to increase their chances of being allowed to stay...and because they dont have papers then it is extremely difficult to prove their origin

but then the government are not pro active in tackling illegal immigrants who are already in the country...because if the police arrest them then they claim asylum and go onto the official figures (something the government needs to do to show their "policies" are working evn when they aren't)

this is exactly the underground policy that led to the deaths of 30+ chinese illegal immigrants who were being exploited by gang masters and were paid such a pitence that they were crammed 15 to a 1 bedroom flat in liverpool in oder to afford housing

the police knew it was going on and how dangerous it was yet did not arrest the illegal workers because the goverment didn't want them on the asylum figures

and its still going on in morcambe bay now and the police are ignoring it again....and people WILL die....again

GCG
Employers who aquire the services of anyone are duty-bound to ensure that each individual has a workbook and register the said employee's NI number.

Employers who employ foreigners are duty-bound to ensure that all necessary work permits are in order with the VISA limit.

If they get caught (By spot-checks and tip-offs) then they are in for it.

Normally they get caught cause an immigrant is preferred to a citizen and a disgruntled employee seeks to get rid of the injustice. Immigrants are employed, no questions asked, paid in cash and without much paper-work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.