Captain Universe Spidey and Silver Surfervs Namor and Firelord.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
This two on two battle has some of the most powerful from the marvel universe who wins.

JWangSDC
Uhm, I think Captain Universe Spidey can beat Namor and Firelord alone. It's probably better off being Captain Universe spidey and namor vs Surfer and Firelord...but even then I think Captain U wins.

CorderaMitchell
Fine fine, what would be a good handicap or opponent to add to the list.

kgkg
Silver Surfer alone can beat Fire Lord and Namor with ease

CorderaMitchell
Thanks for that tip, snicker.

seaapple
I was going to say what kgkg did. So instead I'll just second it. Silver Surfer beats Firelord in one of his comics in his third series.

JWangSDC
yes and Spiderman is more powerful than Silver surfer

Cosmic Cube
Captain Universe Spiderman is relatively equal to Silver Surfer in power, but he isn't nearly as fast, and he can't manipulate energy or matter.

This is a mismatch.

CorderaMitchell
A mismatch on what part it sounds like you are pitting Spidey against Silver Surfer.

Wynndar
CU spidey knocked the Hulk into orbit...regular spiderman already beat firelord...this fight is over fast.

CorderaMitchell
Yea, It was unintentionally unbalanced, what if SS changed sides to even the odds.

sylvanelf
Captain Universe provides the abilities of molecular manipulation and energy blasts (although not necessarily energy manipulation).

I would suggest that Spiderman actually has the advantage in the speed/agility and fighting department. Silver Surfer may be capable of approaching light speed, but that is for the purpose of travel, not combat. And he is listed as an average hand-to-hand combatant. Spider-Man's strength was also augmented to ridiculous levels, well beyond what Silver Surfer could have even when boosted by the power cosmic (a feat he has to consciously perform).

Silver Surfer does have excellent mastery and knowledge of his powers, though, which is something Spider-Man did not have regarding the Captain Universe powers. Even though he was granted full knowledge of what Captain Universe was (once the transfer was finally completed), he was still inexperienced using his new abilities.

Even with Spiderman's advantage (imo) in straight up combat, I'd give this to Silver Surfer 8/10 due to his greater experience with cosmic power.

CorderaMitchell
Did I write this thread wrong. Isaid Cuspidey and SS vs Namor and Firelord, If you want him to change sides though, okay by me.

sylvanelf
Yeah... you already said that in your previous post. The fight isn't worth mentioning unless you're pitting Captain Universe Spider-Man against Silver Surfer. The other two aren't really big factors.

Wynndar
even for combat purposes, SS is a cosmic being with herald physiology, he has far superior speed to Spiderman. Im not the SS expert though, so ill let someone else demonstrate...i hope

CorderaMitchell
I tried to change it so it would be better though.

sylvanelf
Originally posted by Wynndar
even for combat purposes, SS is a cosmic being with herald physiology, he has far superior speed to Spiderman. Im not the SS expert though, so ill let someone else demonstrate...i hope

I don't think so. The "herald physiology" only gives him increased strength, durability and endurance, not speed or agility. At least, any speed or agility gained is negligible compared to the others.

Now before anyone starts screaming "Light Speed!", "Warp Speed!", "Hyperspace!!", take a moment to understand the difference between the ability to travel at those velocities and the ability to move and react in every aspect at super speeds.
For instance, Silver Surfer may be able to beat the Flash in a race from point A to point B, but in a combat situation, he couldn't lay a finger or even a directed cosmic blast on Flash. (Not to say that he couldn't beat the Flash, but he'd have to resort to a more creative use of the Power Cosmic to do it.)

Now, Spider-Man isn't a true speedster like the Flash, but he's got his superhuman agility and reflexes, and his spider-sense/precognition.
This is a major part of Spider-Man's fighting ability and gives him the edge in physical combat. Silver Surfer is recognized as only having an average level of hand to hand combat skill, mainly because he relies on his Power Cosmic instead.

radioboy121
Originally posted by sylvanelf
I don't think so. The "herald physiology" only gives him increased strength, durability and endurance, not speed or agility. At least, any speed or agility gained is negligible compared to the others.

Now before anyone starts screaming "Light Speed!", "Warp Speed!", "Hyperspace!!", take a moment to understand the difference between the ability to travel at those velocities and the ability to move and react in every aspect at super speeds.
For instance, Silver Surfer may be able to beat the Flash in a race from point A to point B, but in a combat situation, he couldn't lay a finger or even a directed cosmic blast on Flash. (Not to say that he couldn't beat the Flash, but he'd have to resort to a more creative use of the Power Cosmic to do it.)

When facing the Runner, Silver Surfer sort of was able to get him off balance by somehow "tripping him" from a distance (possibly something resembling telekinesis).

Semi precognative abilities is something Destiny can be claimed as and she's superior to Spiderman in that area. Surfer is incredibly experienced and has made him a threat to characters who should immediately overpower him like Thanos. As to combat abilities, was it the Midnighter? that was recreated from a high tier martial artist with enhanced abilities and he got pawned by Silver Surfer.

sylvanelf
Originally posted by radioboy121
When facing the Runner, Silver Surfer sort of was able to get him off balance by somehow "tripping him" from a distance (possibly something resembling telekinesis).

Like I said, a more creative use of the Power Cosmic than a direct blast.

Originally posted by radioboy121
Semi precognative abilities is something Destiny can be claimed as and she's superior to Spiderman in that area. Surfer is incredibly experienced and has made him a threat to characters who should immediately overpower him like Thanos. As to combat abilities, was it the Midnighter? that was recreated from a high tier martial artist with enhanced abilities and he got pawned by Silver Surfer.

In my previous post, I wasn't saying that Spider-Man would take the win, just that he's got a speed/agility advantage. I had already stated earlier that I think Silver Surfer wins overall due to his greater exerience wielding power on a cosmic level.
Did Silver Surfer beat the Midnighter in hand-to-hand? If so, then all the sources claiming he has only average ability in that area are obviously wrong. Of course, it may also have been an overeager writer stretching his actual abilities.

CorderaMitchell
Yep but in upclose combat CU spidey has this as he was already shown to beat Firelord as a normal one, a supremely strong one would fare much better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.