Help me - what's this movie??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thetsarisa
Hi! My first time here

Help me please find a movie. I am getting obsessed with it- I can't stop thinking about it for that past two weeks.

The movie was most likely on pay TV in 2000 - add a year either way. I recall that at the same time I saw Gataca, so I guess the movies might be from the same time frame but not sure about that.

What I am sure of:

~ A young man looking for a place to live was offered some apartament. I think it's in high-rise. He went there, used it for some time and then some strange things started happening. he went back to the office where he rented this place to ask some QQ and to his astonishment the office wasn't there anymore. he went to inquire adjacent business about the office and to his further astonishment they denied the office was ever there. The place itself was turned into something else and the present proprietors insited they never heard of any office being there.. and I think this is just the beginning.

What I am not sure of- there is another man, kinda in the "shadows" , beautiful woman probably involved in something dangerous.
maybe she's the target of murder maybe that young man is (maybe both).
I think there was some restaurant scene where the young man see someone who disappears- a mysterious man...- but that's stretching very far. maybe that's where she met the woman..?

To make matter worse I don't recall any one single actor from this movie but I have a vague feeling the lead was someone of not a star quality but familiar face.

and the movie is a thriller..

Not Paycheck, not Vanilla Sky, or American Psycho, Family Man, Reconstruction, Body Double, or Pacific Heights ,....
Kathy

thetsarisa
I think I remember tiny bit more.

I think the movie starts with the man riding on a train, possibly subway- type and when he arrives at his destination he get's off the train , walks on the street, looks around and that's when he finds this "office". and, BTW I am not sure anymore if that was rental office or something totally different, bottom line that's where he gets the address to the place where he goes to live and that "office" later disappears.

Kathy sad

thetsarisa
anybody ????

K.

Clovie
i actually thought about paycheck confused

are you sure you can't remind yourself anyactors? coz that would help a bunch.

thetsarisa
*bump*

bluesfan
thirteen floors maybe?

bluesfan
or the thirtenth floor but it sounds alot like parts of the movie the game with sean penn and kirk douglas

thetsarisa
*sigh* I am sorry to say it's not 13 Floor or The Game or Dark City... if you have more ideas do share them, please...

And thank you..

Kathy

pbc121
maybe "Sliver"

thomasgeorge
bag

thomasgeorge
spam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.