In the end you really feel bad for Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GABRIEL05
Just the way he is manipulated and punked throughout his whole life. I could elaborate, but I think I'll let you folks do it.

astrofan428
That is one big reason for the emotional weight E3 and now 1 and 2 have. I truly feel bad for Anakin.

Mist
i feel sorry for bail....

HAROLD
The council's distrust in Anakin was unfair.

GABRIEL05
OOh Ooh who spotted where the whilhelm scream is?

Dark hoser
ya some events i felt bad for anakin. they way the council didnt trust him, and the way obi-wan slaughtered him. and when he lost everything in the end

Mist
when anakin was all 'this is outrageous' and crap in the coucil, i was thinking 'stfu ya loser'....but then when he came out and was like 'its insulting'.....i was like....'stfu ya loser' stick out tongue..nah, i could see his point there.

bill9d9
Originally posted by Mist
when anakin was all 'this is outrageous' and crap in the coucil, i was thinking 'stfu ya loser'....but then when he came out and was like 'its insulting'.....i was like....'stfu ya loser' stick out tongue..nah, i could see his point there.

Exactly. Anakin didn't know his role, and Obiwan tried to warn him that patience was needed.

Mist
why didnt they just go 'fine....you can be a master' then anakin wouldve been happy. smile and everyone wouldve lived happily ever after smile

jabbar
Originally posted by Mist
why didnt they just go 'fine....you can be a master' then anakin wouldve been happy. smile and everyone wouldve lived happily ever after smile

... but then Anakin would start to abuse his newfound power, such is his way, and his inclination to use his power in a manner that is dark...

rubber dickie
the council didn't trust him because he was too close to the chancellor. but i do feel bad for the guy to some extent.

i always felt that he was straddling the line between dark and light since ep2. and obi wan's criticism didn't help. but in light of all this, you can tell that they really loved each other. (not in that way, pervs.)

Darth Halo
I felt bad for him when he lost his mother in ep.2. Cause I know what it's like to lose a mother. Alos Obi-wan could've been more supportive. I mean the jedi order was no help either by trying to make themselves like catholic priests and don't allow weddings and all. I know attachment could be bad for jedi cause their emotions could get mixed up but Anakin would have been much happier if he didn't have to hide all the time

Mist
Originally posted by jabbar
... but then Anakin would start to abuse his newfound power, such is his way, and his inclination to use his power in a manner that is dark...

but then palps wouldve had nothing to use against anakin to turn him

'the jedi dont trust you anakin'

'uhh....yeah they do...im a master now..'

'oh......shit.....'

rubber dickie
obi wan could've been mpre supporting indeed. i guess he was getting tired of cleaning up ani's mess. i think he said it best in the clone wars series...

"your skills were never in question, it is your maturity..."

Darth Halo
I don't mean to spam but also MACE could've been less of a dick to Anakin. I mean that line about if his lead was true he will trust him. Well why let him be a jedi if you don't trust him. If I was Ani I would have taken out WIndu then. Notice his bluntness towards Anakin since TPM. I sense jealousy........ Jealousy lead to hate, hate lead to..............someone please finish this.

tpaquin
Originally posted by GABRIEL05
OOh Ooh who spotted where the whilhelm scream is? although it's bizarrely off-topic, it's at the beginning, uttred pathetically by a clonetrooper.

Lazerlike42
Mace was the biggest contributor to Palpatine's rise other than Palpatine

astrofan428
You know what I found odd, in e1 and e3 both Yoda and Mace have an obvious distrust of Anakin. But in E2 they talk pretty highly of him, Yoda even backs him up when Obi calls him arrogant. I would figure the time between 2 and 3 would put him in an even greater light.

Lazerlike42
hmmmm

DeVi| D0do
Mace was always cynical in regards to Anakin and the prophecy. Except, like you said, in that one scene in Episode II. They seem to have some respect for him there... or at least respect his potential.

Lazerlike42
perhaps they were gaining respect, but lost it because Obi-Wan told them all the jazz he saw with Anakin/Padme at the end of AOTC

astrofan428
I doubt Obi-Wan told the council of that, just the guy he is.

Lazerlike42
True, but perhaps they simply sensed his turmoil. He wasn't perfect at the beginning of AOTC, but by the end what with Padme (and some of the things from Clone Wars if you go for that, like his dream about the arm), and what with his dreams about Padme, they may have sensed his confusion. I think someone actually says they sense confusion in him, may have been Mace.

astrofan428
Maybe, and ofcourse "Young Skywalker is in pain, terrible pain."

Lazerlike42
Yes, and it must have signaled red flags to be able to sense that so far away.... there are hundreds of Jedi, and I'm sure they all have their bad days, but I doubt they all sense one another whenever they are upset about anything, so this must have been significant.

astrofan428
Not many jedi slaughter an entire village of people on their bad days. eek!

Anakin_my_Luver
I feel bad for Anakin just mainly because in the end nobody really trusts him. I think that if they would have trusted him more, he wouldn't of gone to the dark side. That and all of those visions of Padme dying. Now this took me some time to figure this out but, if Anakin hadn't turned to the dark side Padme might have lived. But because he did turn to the dark side he choked Padme and when she gives birth she is basically dead. Am I right or Wrong? I don't know? But I do know that Anakin was treated unfairly. I have grown up with Star Wars and I have always had a BIG crush on Anakin in the new Episodes. I have had a crush on Jake Lloyd (Episode 1) and Hayden Christensen (Episode 2 and 3) and everytime he gets treated bad, and I can't help but feel sorry for him! Especially in Episode 3 when he turns into Darth Vader and he found out that Padme died!

theflyxx
Perhaps you think Anakin is being treated unfairly?

astrofan428
There is a star wars quote for everything nowadays. stick out tongue

You really feel bad for him in E3, both the jedi and Palpatine are using him as pawn, never giving two shits about him. Not to mention the entire time he has nightmares that his preggers wife will die, something he cant tell anybody.

Bicnarok

PVS
exactly why i say the films should be viewed 4,5,6,1,2,3

darth vader is such a powerful character in the OT because in
ep4 he seems iredeemable...just a scary evil bastard, in ep5 he is still
completely evil, but you see him bow before the emporer and realise
there is someone more evil than he is, and at the end, he doesnt kill luke,
the whole "i am your father" revelation...youn cant figure him out at all...

the real twist is in ep6, when you begin to feel sorry for him and at the end, suddenly love him as he is redeemed and kills the emporer. that is quite a play on emotions, running from hatred to love for a character. that imho is part of what makes SW such a powerful story.

i cant imagine seeing ep4 for the first time after seeing the PT, and viewing vader as such an evil bastard. instead, he would just seem like a broken shell of a man, rather than an all-powerful evil villain. i think that his evil mistique is what made him so captivating, but if viewed from 1-6, there is none.

Lazerlike42
I have thought about that a lot I think it really adds a lot of depth to his character in OT

Bicnarok

PVS
but the whole point is that he is a mystery in the OT which slowly unfolds.
thats part of what i love about the OT

Lazerlike42
Well you are 100% correct that OT must be watched first or it hurts his character. It's just that it adds depth to what you know. After seeing that movie, I just kept having flashbacks to different scenes from OT which had new meanings, and it was really fun. I tried to start a thread about it but nobody posted lol....

Ahhhnakin
I agree. I finally feel like I understand Darth Vader after all these decades. wink He's a tormented soul.... and I think it adds tremendous depth to his character in IV-VI for sure. I think you COULD view them in either order, but it certainly was nice to see him as evil with no hope at first to fear him more. I'm interested to hear what newbies to the OT think actually.

As for Anakin.... he's certainly heart-wrenching to watch. I love his character personally.... very likable and "human", so to speak. It's like he was given all this power in his system and he couldn't control it.... he couldn't control his love to pilot as a child and build things... he couldn't control those first feelings of love as a teen and actually was still completely in love with Padme after a decade? That doesn't happen too often. He feels deeply, and is hurt deeply, so I think that's what makes his character so great.

Sidenote: If you love Anakin, I would highly recommend "Life as a House"... his film right before EpII. He's playing a similar character , on the fence between love and hate. He's fun to watch regardless. I'm sure Anakin my lover would agree, lol.

Darth_Rankkor
I think anakin, despite all his suffering, is weak. But one is not weak just by falling (or ascending. depends on your point of view) to the darkside. But like someone said, the jedi council is to blame as Qui gon. He didn't went to tatooine to free slaves, but nevertheless he did it but by pure interest and, doing so, he broke anakins relation with his mother only to arrive to coruscant and be put aside by the jedi council. After that, is a snow ball coming down the hill and the guy with not enough inner strenght to fight it. So to finish, Others have their share of guilt but the main accused is anakin. He's guilty for his own actions and choices. For that, I do not feel bad or pity him.

Blu93GT
What the f**k? i dunno...

at the beginning of TPM he was, as Padme said, an "odd little boy" - which made him interesting. he was also VERY smart, and talented, and generally a likeable character.

but sheeesh! he started in with that "i miss my mom" crap right after they left. by the end of TPM i was thinking "what a whiney little brat!"

and yes, he was VERY helpful, but... was some of that due to his budding obsession with Padme? that part of it just creeped me out - she seemed almost old enough to be his mom!

by the start of AOTC, it seemed obvious to me that he wasn't Jedi material - he was even MORE of a whiney little brat than before, but now with a (false) sense of superiority and anger thrown into the mix...

at the beginning of ROTS, i noticed he often spoke to Obi with a condescending sneer, thinly veiled behind a smile (good acting!). the more he complained about how unfair everything was, the more he proved everyone right. he was focused on the things that HE wanted, not on what he could do to help others. i didn't feel sorry for him one bit.

on the other hand, Mace and the rest of the council played right into Palps plans. mad

green dude
I said it once and i'll dang say it again Anikan needed to go to his full potientcail to be a master he needed more patience.

And he should'v waited and see if Padme would die or tell Yoda that they were to gether.

At the end of the movie numberIII Yoda is comuteicating with Qui-gon jnn about how to defy death to bad Anikan didn't just say something than no baD STUFF WOULD occure but then there would be no 4 5 6 and maybe a 7 . big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.