cannonball (adult version) vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

derrick24
here is a bio of cannonball powers:

Powers: mutant - release thermochemical energy as an impenetrable blast field, using it as a personal shield or extending it to encompass others, focus it into rocket thrust or bio-kinetic blasts from his hands, shape the field around another person to imprison them, or absorb outside kinetic impact into his own energy supply, then rechannel it to increase the bludgeoning power of his blows or create explosive shock waves upon impact

derrick24
this is cannonball at the max of his power, he is considered an external. In this fight he already has his force field up. As you see it states that he can absorb kinetic energy, that means that he can absorb superman punches and send it back to him. Please dont say that superman would win because he is superman. This is the adult version of cannonball, he cannot be hurt by any means while in flight. If your voting for superman give a reason why.

Sentry
I think you mean eternal, not external. Hmmm, don't know much about Cannonball, so I'm not making any comments. I'm pretty sure he's like an eternal like Ikaris, Sersi, Ajak, etc...

Bishop X
You sure like rooting for the underdog derrick24.

colossus17
Originally posted by Sentry
I think you mean eternal, not external. Hmmm, don't know much about Cannonball, so I'm not making any comments. I'm pretty sure he's like an eternal like Ikaris, Sersi, Ajak, etc...

no actually he is external.not eternal.......eternals..are powerful beings off shoots of humanity , like sersi ,ajax,ikaris.....externals are immortal mutants like A-poc and cannonball....they manipulate world events behind the scenes......

Sentry
Originally posted by colossus17
no actually he is external.not eternal.......eternals..are powerful beings off shoots of humanity , like sersi ,ajax,ikaris.....externals are immortal mutants like A-poc and cannonball....they manipulate world events behind the scenes......

Oh my bad. Don't know too much about Cannonball.

colossus17
its cool

long pig
Whatever he is, he loses.

Blair Wind
does kinetic energy include thermal attacks like heat vision and ice breath?

derrick24
this cannonball is stated as being unbeatable in the marvel universe. He can absorb any kind of physical attack to increase his strength and however hard superman hits him he can absorb it and hit superman with the same amount of strength.
this cannonball isnt a underdog anymore, he is superman on the xmen team. The guy took on a guy that can think of any power and do it and cannonball killed him, easily.

The reason i pit superman against him is because superman dont have anything that could harm cannonball, whereas cannonball can just put a force field around superman and fly both of them in the ocean and let water in and see how long superman can breath under the water.

Bishop classified cannonball as the most powerful mutant on the planet. He takes superman, unless you all say that superman can break thru the force field, which gladiator himself couldnt do against the teenager cannonball.

derrick24
read the bio again on cannonball and see what he is capable of.

Swanky-Tuna
Superman could ice him. Or just dodge everything. There really isn't much Cannonball could do.

DarkCrawler
He means Externals, and I hate to say this, but Cannonball is not one. Selene states that he is not an External in X-Force #54. And Selene is an External.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/pov/showquestion.asp?faq=5&fldAuto=37

whirlysplat
Supes is faster than Sam even as an Adult, as invulnerable as Sam blasting.

Supes matches sams spped and trajectory, flies behind him and grbs hold diverts his flight path into the Sun at Superepeed big grin

Poor old Jug ears, I always liked Sam, and Darkcrawler isright Sam was never an external. Didn't Selene absorb them? So much for being invulnerable!

big grin Keep the faith

big grin Keep it Whirly

and Derek read some better comics please!

derrick24
answer this question do darkseid have superspeed. Does metallo have superspeed. How could superman ice a person that can expand his force field or that can increase the temperature of his force field. Why didnt gladiator heat vision work on sam. heat vision is stated to burn as hot as the center of a star.

Theres nothing superman could do to sam. Superman can punch him he would absorb it. He can fly behind his back and hit him just like you said but he will absorb that and use it against superman. Why didnt superman use his super speed and took the knife from ral ul before he got stabbed in the chest. Does batman has superspeed because i have seen him many of times tag superman. Did venom have superspeed when he slapped superman around like a hoe. Did hulk have super speed when he threw superman into space.

To you all superman beats anybody, lobo dont even have super speed but he stumped a mud hole in superman, while intoxicated and if you say lobo has superspeed show me a bio and i will show you 1 that dont say anything about lobo having super speed. Cannonball CANNOT BE HURT BY PHYSICAL MEANS, the guy ran into a gas tanker and it blew up while he was inside and he flew right back out.

Superman isnt invulnerable anymore, look at his face when the jla went against that space ship in space. He had a swollen lip, black eyes, and bleeding out the nose. Then he got his jaw cracked, doomsday broke his arm. Another superman villian scratched him across the chest. Hes nowhere near to being invulnerable, he can just take a lot of punishment.

Cannonball have never been hurt while in flight (current cannonball), his only weakness is magic. Im seeing superman trying real hard to knock this guy out, but none of his punches work and then superman gives him his strongest hit, not knowing that canonball is absorbing his attacks and cannonball hits him with that same punch, koing him.

Gladiator gave cannonball his hardest punch, stated that when it connect he is going to fly to the center of the sun. I dont think a punch could get any stronger than that. then once the punch connected cannonball was still standing there, he absorbed the entire punch and sent it right back at gladiator. this was the teenager (cannonball), the current cannonball will own superman.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by derrick24
Why didnt gladiator heat vision work on sam.
Gladiator's heat vision is radiation based. And Superman's is like a laser. Might be the other way around.

There's nothing sam could do to superman.

Heat is energy. And ice is lack of energy.

Your comical vendetta against a fictional character is just that. Comical.

derrick24
look here and see him take a punch that comes from a guy who strength is unlimited.and this is the teenage version that havent fully tapped into his powers like the older version has.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=80&page=5

derrick24
whats up swanky glad your here to debate. gladiator and superman heat vision are the same and sam didnt even feel it. Is superman arctic breath as cold as ice mans powers because during a training session cannonball was increasing the temperature in his forcefield and the ice wasnt doing nothing but melting.

Do you know that nothing can go into his bio forcefied, NOTHING. Not heat vision, not punches, not arctic breath, nothing can get into the force field.

Scoobless
Gladiator didn't use heat vision in that fight....... has there been another fight between those 2?

long pig
Glad's vision isn't the same.
Why would you even think that??

There are many differences between Glad and Sup.

I hate them both though.

Do you possibly think that SUperman could blitz CB before CB can think about moving?
Superman(even if you say he can only go as fast as a bullet) is still faster than human thought, so he could tag CB before CB could react.

You may say "show me where when why who what how" I won't answer, just trust me...he has done it.

your defense???

derrick24
my defense is what the point of speed blitzing someone that wouldnt even feel it and that would get stronger each time he tries to speed blitz him. Another thing when this fight is taking place, cannonball is going to be in flight, so hes invulnerable and yes to superman heat vision.

Did you not read the rest of the bio, he can put a bubble around superman and can keep punching him all in the face if he wants to. He did that while fighting this robot that had all of the powers of the xmen.

Swanky-Tuna
look here and see him take a punch that comes from a guy who strength is unlimited.and this is the teenage version that havent fully tapped into his powers like the older version has.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=80&page=5
This page has nothing about Sam getting punched by an abstract, somone with the power gem, Galactus, someone with the Infinity Gauntlet. Where's the unlimited strength?
whats up swanky glad your here to debate. gladiator and superman heat vision are the same and sam didnt even feel it.
Did you not just read what I said? Not all heat visions are the same.

Then he obviously wasn't trying to freeze Cannonball like Superman will try to do.

Then when he's using his blast shield to protect himself from Superman he'll sufficate.

derrick24
Originally posted by Scoobless
Gladiator didn't use heat vision in that fight....... has there been another fight between those 2?

if gladiator fights the current cannonball, cannonball will give him a run for his money.

derrick24
swanky gladiator strength is unlimited, shiar technology gives him additional strength. In that bio i gave you, he gave cannonball the strongest blow that he had and said that it will take him to the center of the sun and cannonball absorbed it all. Superman punches aint doing anything to cannonball; sorry.

Scoobless
swanky gladiator strength is unlimited

lol..... then why does he state that Thor is too strong for him to kill in another fight?

derrick24
this is a bio of gladiator, who is superior to superman: look in this bio and it will simply tell you that his strength incalcuable:

Intelligence: Above normal
Strength: Incalculable
Speed: Supersonic
Flight Speed: Warp speed
Stamina: Demi-godlike
Durability: Demi-godlike
Agility: Metahuman
Reflexes: Metahuman
Fighting Skills: Excellent hand-to-hand combatant
Special Skills/Abilities: unrevealed
Superhuman physical powers: Aside from the above listed attributes, Gladiator has the ability to project intense heat from eyes and the ability to survive without breathing for an unrevealed period of time
Superhuman Mental Powers: None. (Gladiator's powers were formerly theorized to be at least in part psionically based)
Special Limitations: Vulnerability to an unknown form of radiation
Source of Superhuman Powers: Unrevealed
Personal Weaponry: none

Swanky-Tuna
swanky gladiator strength is unlimited, shiar technology gives him additional strength. In that bio i gave you, he gave cannonball the strongest blow that he had and said that it will take him to the center of the sun and cannonball absorbed it all. Superman punches aint doing anything to cannonball; sorry.
Gladiator's strength is not unlimited.

Hey, you know what? Sebastian Shaw absorbs kinetic energy and he has a limit. I wonder if we'll find Cannonball's limit if we have him get hit a couple thousand times a second by Supes.

derrick24
this is where i got it from:
http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-gladiator.html

derrick24
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Gladiator's strength is not unlimited.

Hey, you know what? Sebastian Shaw absorbs kinetic energy and he has a limit. I wonder if we'll find Cannonball's limit if we have him get hit a couple thousand times a second by Supes.

If he could take a punch from gladiator that was stated to be able to move planets demostrated shattering a planet with his fist. Im thinking that he could take all of superman punches.

Swanky-Tuna

derrick24
You have answered my question; in there it says that it is to great to calculate, impossible to calculate. why did they calculate hulk in the 100 ton range, why is thor calculated in the 100 ton range. they have all these calculations on everyone but they cant calculate gladiators. the reason why is because he has no limit.

derrick24
heres another one i found for you, i can prove it to you all day if you like:

The most powerful member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, the alien super hero known as Gladiator is also its most devoted protector! Possessing unlimited strength, virtual invulnerability, and a bevy of other abilities, Gladiator uses his powers on behalf of the throne of the Shi'ar Empire - no matter who may occupy it! Features Super Strength Power Punch!

derrick24
heres another one i found for you, i can prove it to you all day if you like:

The most powerful member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, the alien super hero known as Gladiator is also its most devoted protector! Possessing unlimited strength, virtual invulnerability, and a bevy of other abilities, Gladiator uses his powers on behalf of the throne of the Shi'ar Empire - no matter who may occupy it! !

long pig
No derrick!

Superman would speedblitz CB BEFORE CB has a chance to activate his power.

He doesn't have an auto shield up 24/7, and he does get tired.

DarkCrawler
The limit depends on his confidence.

Xplosive
First of all derrick24, Sam can't absorb limiltes kinetc energy, sure he could absorb most powerful Superman punch or his vision, but you are making Sam as limitless. Who would, I don't know, Cannonball could win this.

Swanky-Tuna
You have answered my question; in there it says that it is to great to calculate, impossible to calculate. why did they calculate hulk in the 100 ton range, why is thor calculated in the 100 ton range. they have all these calculations on everyone but they cant calculate gladiators. the reason why is because he has no limit.
Gladiator in the class 100. And on that site it says Beta Ray Bill is incalculable too. He's just slightly stronger than Thor.

derrick24
Originally posted by long pig
No derrick!

Superman would speedblitz CB BEFORE CB has a chance to activate his power.

He doesn't have an auto shield up 24/7, and he does get tired.

in this fight both of them are ready to fight, sam is flying and superman and ready to ko sam.

derrick24
Originally posted by Xplosive
First of all derrick24, Sam can't absorb limiltes kinetc energy, sure he could absorb most powerful Superman punch or his vision, but you are making Sam as limitless. Who would, I don't know, Cannonball could win this.

Show me on any site where it says sam has a limit. from the bio i read of him, its not saying anything about a limit.

the guy took gladiator most powerful punch, if he had a limit it would have shown there.

Xplosive
Show me on any site where it says sam has a limit. from the bio i read of him, its not saying anything about a limit.

the guy took gladiator most powerful punch, if he had a limit it would have shown there.

Hey, Gladiator has limit, even Living Tribunal has limits. Sam can be crushed. Do you really think he could absorb Galactus blast, no, he couldn't.

derrick24
Gladiator in the class 100. And on that site it says Beta Ray Bill is incalculable too. He's just slightly stronger than Thor.

Answer this question because i see you know nothing of gladiator strength. How much do you think the fantastic 4 head quaters weigh, the tallest building in its city. Please dont say a 100 tons because gladiator lifted it with ease and while doing that the narriator stated again that gladiator strength is unlimited.

Go to marvel directory; no you dont have to go i will go and show you again that gladiator strength is unlimit.

If it hurts your feeling about me saying that gladiator strength is unlimited, this is really going to hurt what im about to say. gladiator arguably is the strongest character in any comic and could be the fastest. the guy was based off of precrisis superman.

derrick24
Hey, Gladiator has limit, even Living Tribunal has limits. Sam can be crushed. Do you really think he could absorb Galactus blast, no, he couldn't.

now galactus blast and heat vision are totally different. galacutus blast could destroy anybody. Superman heat vision isnt doing anything to cannonball. especially his ice breath since cannonball can turn the temperature up on his force field.

Xplosive
gladiator arguably is the strongest character in any comic and could be the fastest.

Way wrong.

Xplosive
now galactus blast and heat vision are totally different. galacutus blast could destroy anybody. Superman heat vision isnt doing anything to cannonball. especially his ice breath since cannonball can turn the temperature up on his force field.

Galactus blast wouldn't be able to destroy anybody. And I said Galacts to prove you that Sam has limits, of coruse he has.

derrick24

derrick24
Way wrong.

im not comparing him to beings like galactus or the living tribunal. who is stronger.

DarkCrawler
Ahem...Sam knocked down by Fury. I believe Superman could do the same.

http://img157.echo.cx/img157/9401/uxm145189xl.th.jpg

http://img157.echo.cx/img157/2696/uxm145195ie.th.jpg

DarkCrawler
And before you say that it was bad writing, the comics is written by Chris Claremont. Who happens to be the creator of Sam.

derrick24
superman isnt nowhere as close to powerful as that villian is. your powers dont even work against that guy. That a villian that i would love to see go against the jla. that guy punched rachel out of orbit. Show the rest of the comic how sam was slapping it around.

derrick24
another thing that wasnt bad writing at all, that thing was uber powerful, didnt even have a weakness. It reads your powers and your powers dont work on it once it does that. Fury would hand superman a fresh beatdown.

derrick24
great picture by the way.

DarkCrawler
another thing that wasnt bad writing at all, that thing was uber powerful, didnt even have a weakness. It reads your powers and your powers dont work on it once it does that. Fury would hand superman a fresh beatdown.

Oh, okay. I stand corrected.

Swanky-Tuna
Answer this question because i see you know nothing of gladiator strength. How much do you think the fantastic 4 head quaters weigh, the tallest building in its city. Please dont say a 100 tons because gladiator lifted it with ease and while doing that the narriator stated again that gladiator strength is unlimited.
Class 100 is 100 tons to "who knows?".

derrick24
i havent read that one in a long time, thats the argument that i was bringing up in this site about cannonball flying fury into a gas tank and he flies out of that huge explosion.

derrick24

Swanky-Tuna
Unknown isn't unlimited.

derrick24
superman strength isnt even close to gladiators. It took superman, wonderwomen and martian manhunter to move the moon, gladiator could have done it by himself. Did you see the fight between gladiator and ego the planet, thats another feat that states he could move planets.

derrick24
did you read the last post that i proved that he had unlimited strength: maybe i have to show you again. Ill be back ill find some more for you.

The most powerful member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, the alien super hero known as Gladiator is also its most devoted protector! Possessing unlimited strength, virtual invulnerability, and a bevy of other abilities, Gladiator uses his powers on behalf of the throne of the Shi'ar Empire - no matter who may occupy it

derrick24
i got this off of a xmen web site about gladiator.

The interesting fact about Gladiator's powers is that they are all based in his self-confidence. If he believes that he can do something, then he can do it.

Scoobless
i got this off of a xmen web site about gladiator.

The interesting fact about Gladiator's powers is that they are all based in his self-confidence. If he believes that he can do something, then he can do it.

he believed he could beat up Reed Richards (really Cap in disguise) and psyched himself out when he couldn't knock him down

BENITO
CANNOBALL WOULD WHIP SUPER MAN'S TUSHY

Draco69
Didn't Sam get his leg broken by a friggin robot in a recent comic? Makes you wonder about his so-called invulnerability.

FieryBalrog
ugh, hes just not on Supes's level. There are very few X-men capable of taking on Superman.

Blair Wind
and they include telepaths, mags, and iceman who actually knows ALL his powers....hmmmm nope no cannonball there.....ok cannonball is cool and everything but their has to be a limit to the amount of energy he can absorb, he's not god, and after Supes hits him a bunch of times well, he'll explode.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Blair Wind
and they include telepaths, mags, and iceman who actually knows ALL his powers....hmmmm nope no cannonball there.....ok cannonball is cool and everything but their has to be a limit to the amount of energy he can absorb, he's not god, and after Supes hits him a bunch of times well, he'll explode.

superman doesnt need to hit him, I dont think that would work anyway- Cannonball absorbed Gladiators most powerful punch. Heat vision or ice breath would be the victory cards.

mr.smiley
Possibly.Gladitor could do virtualy nothing to cannonball,other than scare him and cannonball wasn't even at full potential then

Wynndar
I just read the other pages and this is a surprisingly good thread. But the CB supporters r right; Gladiator already proved that punching CB wont do anything...even if ur Superman. Gladiator is faster and stronger than SM, so dont say he could speed blitz him or punch him so hard he would blow up. IF CB absorbs a couple SM punches and gives them right back to SM it will hurt. Heat Vision of Laser Vision doesnt matter...someone said Gladiator's vision is radiation while SM's is like a laser...I would just like to remind everyone that a laser is composed of light and light is a form of radiation. Heat or laser, doesnt matter, they r still part of the EM spectrum.

Conversely, CB technically shouldnt be able to do anything to SM cuz he is capable of moving at speed approaching light speed in the atmosphere(only possible in DC, not Marvel) without burning up the atmosphere. However, characters like Metallo, Shaggyman, Grundy, etc. have physically engaged SM without superspeed (a huge contradiction but negligible in DC).

Thus this fight would go on forever until one character holds the other character's girlfriend hostage.

Superherovandal
but what happens when he freezes Cannonball?

Draco69
As I said before. In a recent issue of Uncanny X-Men, Cannonball had his leg broken by a robot even though he was blasting. This shows that he's hardly invulnerable.

And the Cannonball/Gladiator fight is just PIS. As was Spider-Man vs. Firelord.

FieryBalrog
to be sure the fight between Glads and Cannonball was a bit crap. I think Gladiator was so shocked his punch didnt work that he lost his cool.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Superherovandal
but what happens when he freezes Cannonball?

I havent seen it, but someone else said CB's field protected him from Ice Man in the past...good point though.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Draco69
As I said before. In a recent issue of Uncanny X-Men, Cannonball had his leg broken by a robot even though he was blasting. This shows that he's hardly invulnerable.

PIS because? Because it shows CB beating a very Superman like character? What were u saying about my posts not having anything to back them up and about u not being pro-DC? Cannonball beat Gladiator because by the definition of his powers Gladiator shouldnt be able to harm him.

Creshosk
Hmm . . . As it turns out heat vision wouldn't work because it IS a kinetic attack.

Heat is a form of energy due to the total kinetic energy of molecules and atoms of matter. The relationship between heat, temperature and kinetic energy of atoms and molecules is the subject of statistical mechanics. Heat is more akin to work in that it represents a change in internal energy. The energy that heat represents specifically refers to the energy associated with the random translational motion of atoms and molecules in some identifiable matter within a system. The conservation of heat and mechanical work form the first law of thermodynamics.

Heat energy is basically MOVEMENT of atoms, molecules etc. The faster they move the hotter it seems, slower the colder.

But if canonball takes in kinetic energy, then that means he's working off of an er=nergy that, like heat, increases movements.

Canonball's force feild was expanded to shatter an icedome . . indicating that Iceman directed his attack around canonball (in the form of the dome) rather than directly at Canonball (like cold breath would).

The breath would technically be removing heat (movement, kinetic energy) rather than giving to it. . .

FieryBalrog
for comic book purposes, though, I dont know if heat attacks power Cannonballs force field, which is usually shown as absorbing physical attacks.

Theres a lot of confusion over the fundamental forces- For example, gravity and the EM spectrum are not closely related, but Magneto is shown to have gravitational effects with some of his powers- like creating a wormhole.

Wynndar
I chalk it up to writers that are confused about science.

derrick24
Originally posted by Wynndar
I just read the other pages and this is a surprisingly good thread. But the CB supporters r right; Gladiator already proved that punching CB wont do anything...even if ur Superman. Gladiator is faster and stronger than SM, so dont say he could speed blitz him or punch him so hard he would blow up. IF CB absorbs a couple SM punches and gives them right back to SM it will hurt. Heat Vision of Laser Vision doesnt matter...someone said Gladiator's vision is radiation while SM's is like a laser...I would just like to remind everyone that a laser is composed of light and light is a form of radiation. Heat or laser, doesnt matter, they r still part of the EM spectrum.

Conversely, CB technically shouldnt be able to do anything to SM cuz he is capable of moving at speed approaching light speed in the atmosphere(only possible in DC, not Marvel) without burning up the atmosphere. However, characters like Metallo, Shaggyman, Grundy, etc. have physically engaged SM without superspeed (a huge contradiction but negligible in DC).

Thus this fight would go on forever until one character holds the other character's girlfriend hostage.

Thankyou someone finally knows of cannonball powers.
You cannot hurt cannonball and superman isnt going to do no better than gladiator even though gladiator was toying with him. Gladiator most powerful punch didnt do nothing to cannonball, what is superman going to do.

Blair Wind
the ice attack WOULD work.....iceman was freezing the air AROUND CB, supes would just freeze him......but wait a min......does his feild cover his face too? i mean then its just hitting his field.....oh idk its confusing

derrick24
Originally posted by Draco69

Draco that same robot that your talking about would kill superman, and it didnt break cannonball legs. That same robot punched rachel out of orbit. That same robot can scan you so that your powers wont work on it. That same robot would also rape doomsday.

derrick24
Originally posted by Blair Wind
the ice attack WOULD work.....iceman was freezing the air AROUND CB, supes would just freeze him......but wait a min......does his feild cover his face too? i mean then its just hitting his field.....oh idk its confusing

his entire body is covered and he can increase his temperature in his force field. He can also make the area around him explode. Superman attacks isnt working. Like i said during training he went against ice man and just stood there while ice man attacked and he increased his temperature melting the ice before it touched him.

kgkg
Thankyou someone finally knows of cannonball powers.
You cannot hurt cannonball and superman isnt going to do no better than gladiator even though gladiator was toying with him. Gladiator most powerful punch didnt do nothing to cannonball, what is superman going to do.
gladiator wasn't trying to hurt the boy.

You are saying cannonball can beat Gladiator?

derrick24
PIS because? Because it shows CB beating a very Superman like character? What were u saying about my posts not having anything to back them up and about u not being pro-DC? Cannonball beat Gladiator because by the definition of his powers Gladiator shouldnt be able to harm him.

Wynndar your good and you know your comics. I can tell that your not basing your vote off being a fan. Cannonball cant be hit by any kind of physical force but they cant admit that but as long as me and you know.

Dizzle
Draco that same robot that your talking about would kill superman, and it didnt break cannonball legs. That same robot punched rachel out of orbit. That same robot can scan you so that your powers wont work on it. That same robot would also rape doomsday.

And the Living Tribunal is no match either. The robot would see LT and the blinking-out-of-existance powers would be for naught... Oh, and then Cannonball and Exiles Hyperion get together and take out TOAA... Please, all things are made with limits. If something (like a robot) can knock Cannonball down, then Superman could at least redirect him. Or if that fails, he could dodge for a while. Cannonball does get tired... And Supes doesn't die that easily.

derrick24
Originally posted by kgkg
gladiator wasn't trying to hurt the boy.

You are saying cannonball can beat Gladiator?

Im not saying that the teenager cannonball could beat gladiator but the current 1 can give him a run for his money. Teenage cannonball took gladiator most powerful punch, didnt even know that he had the power to absorb physical confrontation.

this cannonball knows about his powers, and he knows martial art. Can increase the temperature of his bio field and can send superman punches back at him. Gladiator is much stronger than superman, so that 1 punch that gladiator hit cannonball with would be like 50 of superman punches because he did state that he was going to punch him in the middle of the sun. He stood there and took the punch, imagine what a cannonball that has complete control over his powers can do to superman, superman loses this one.

derrick24
Originally posted by Dizzle
And the Living Tribunal is no match either. The robot would see LT and the blinking-out-of-existance powers would be for naught... Oh, and then Cannonball and Exiles Hyperion get together and take out TOAA... Please, all things are made with limits. If something (like a robot) can knock Cannonball down, then Superman could at least redirect him. Or if that fails, he could dodge for a while. Cannonball does get tired... And Supes doesn't die that easily.

Why are you comparing earth base heros to cosmic beings. Cannonball has never got tired while in battle, he lasted a while with fury that can scan your powers so that they wont be useful (i was going to bring up gladiator but i see that you dont like when i bring that up).

whirlysplat
Silly upgrade, Superman beats on jug ears big grin

whirlysplat

This gets the whirly stamp of approval

Classic adult post stick out tongue

Keep the faith big grin

Keep it whirly laughing

mr.smiley
Rickson Gracie taps out both of them!

Swanky-Tuna
What if one punch was all Cannonball could take?

derrick24
What if one punch was all Cannonball could take?

He didnt even flinch on that 1 punch that he received, he could have taken alot more if he wanted to. Click on that site again that i provided, the guy didnt even move he still in the same spot, ego the planet couldnt withstand gladiator blows.

Swanky-Tuna
He didnt even flinch on that 1 punch that he received, he could have taken alot more if he wanted to.
How do you know that?

Creshosk
I think onte thing people are mistaking is that Canonball absorbs the energy rather than his forcefeild/his forcefeild redirecting the energy away.

He would not just absorb the kinetic energy. See that stuff that looks like fire comming out of his ass? Those ain't farts. . .

I'm still not sure that ice breath wouldn't work. . .

Sonic attacks wouldn't work as those are vibration therefore movement therefore kinetic attacks. . .

How the hell did that robot beat him though?

derrick24
look on this site and it will show you cannonball saying is that all you got:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotl...o=80&page=5

Wynndar
r u talking about the Danger room computer? When Gladiator said he was going to hit Sam into the center of the sun, wasnt it at night? So he was going to knock him through the whole planet then into the sun? thats impressive.

derrick24
Originally posted by Creshosk
I think onte thing people are mistaking is that Canonball absorbs the energy rather than his forcefeild/his forcefeild redirecting the energy away.

He would not just absorb the kinetic energy. See that stuff that looks like fire comming out of his ass? Those ain't farts. . .

I'm still not sure that ice breath wouldn't work. . .

Sonic attacks wouldn't work as those are vibration therefore movement therefore kinetic attacks. . .

How the hell did that robot beat him though?

1st thing he stomped a mud hole in that robot the entire time, while bishop sat on the sidelines thinking of a way to stop it.

2nd the robot scans you and read everything on your powers and then your powers no longer work on the robot. The robot was called fury, created out of magic and the greatest technology on the planet and cannonball was still beating the breaks out of it, absorbing it punches and everything else it was throwing at him. That same robot punch rachel out of the planet into orbit and cannonball shrugged off all of its move.

That robot would kill superman, since superman dont have the power to absorb punishment like cannonball, thats the only reason cannonball was giving it a good fight.

derrick24
r u talking about the Danger room computer? When Gladiator said he was going to hit Sam into the center of the sun, wasnt it at night? So he was going to knock him through the whole planet then into the sun? thats impressive.

thats to impressive, something that none of the justice league heros could do. Cannonball took that entire punch to the chest and asked for more. Superman cant do nothing to this cannonball, sorry superman fans.

Creshosk
r u talking about the Danger room computer? When Gladiator said he was going to hit Sam into the center of the sun, wasnt it at night? So he was going to knock him through the whole planet then into the sun? thats impressive. That's gladiator for you. laughing

magic Oh, magic, yeah. . that'd do the trick.

Wynndar
oh i see...this robot is named fury...what issue did this happen in?

Creshosk
thats to impressive, something that none of the justice league heros could do. Cannonball took that entire punch to the chest and asked for more. Superman cant do nothing to this cannonball, sorry superman fans. A direct cold attack might work. If you are essentially removing the kinetic energy by slowing or stopping the movements of the molecules.

Creshosk
oh i see...this robot is named fury...what issue did this happen in? X-Treme X-Men #46, Uncanny X-Men #445-447 is what's listed in the Cannonball bio that mentions fury.

derrick24
A direct cold attack might work. If you are essentially removing the kinetic energy by slowing or stopping the movements of the molecules.

Like i stated before ice man tried that trick in the danger room during a training session, but the ice melted before it even touched him. He can increase his temperature. Ice isnt going thru his force field, stop saying that. The guy is totally invulnerable, that also means ice, his only weakness is magic, if superman dont have that he isnt getting thru that force field. If gladiator cant get thru it, i know superman cant.

derrick24
like i said on one of my threads he can put superman in a force field and imprison him and fly him to the ocean and let water in and see how long he could breathe under water.

Wynndar
Do any of the Superman experts know exactly how "freeze" breath works? It does make sense that freeze breath would tax Cannonball's shield but that doesnt mean it would hurt him. We know that since "cold" is essentially a relative absence of thermal energy it would cause a net loss to CB's field. However, there is no telling if its enough of a net loss to break or absorb the field, just that it would be a net loss. Just like saying throwing a rock at invisible woman's field would cause a net loss, but certainly wouldnt break the shield.

derrick24
good point wynndar.

Big Evil
thIf your voting for superman give a reason why.
Cause he's second only to fricking Flash that's why. He'd pummel Cannonball before he was even aware Supes had the intention.

Creshosk
Like i stated before ice man tried that trick in the danger room during a training session, but the ice melted before it even touched him. He can increase his temperature. Ice isnt going thru his force field, stop saying that. The guy is totally invulnerable, that also means ice, his only weakness is magic, if superman dont have that he isnt getting thru that force field. If gladiator cant get thru it, i know superman cant. You seem to not be able to grasp the concept of an attack being directed around a person being different than an attack directed at someone.

Do any of the Superman experts know exactly how "freeze" breath works? It does make sense that freeze breath would tax Cannonball's shield but that doesnt mean it would hurt him. We know that since "cold" is essentially a relative absence of thermal energy it would cause a net loss to CB's field. However, there is no telling if its enough of a net loss to break or absorb the field, just that it would be a net loss. Just like saying throwing a rock at invisible woman's field would cause a net loss, but certainly wouldnt break the shield. But if there is enough stress on that that might start having a negative effect on the user of the shield.

Wynndar
You seem to not be able to grasp the concept of an attack being directed around a person being different than an attack directed at someone.

But why would Iceman attack him that way if he knows a direct would be successful?

But if there is enough stress on that that might start having a negative effect on the user of the shield.

True but there is no evidence suggesting Superman's freeze breath would be able to provide that challenge to CB's powers, just our own assumptions and opinions.

Creshosk
But why would Iceman attack him that way if he knows a direct would be successful?Why was Iceman attacking him in the first place?

True but there is no evidence suggesting Superman's freeze breath would be able to provide that challenge to CB's powers, just our own assumptions and opinions. Yup, it really depends on how much concentration CB would need to put out if his powers were taxed in the first place.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Big Evil
Cause he's second only to fricking Flash that's why. He'd pummel Cannonball before he was even aware Supes had the intention.

That wouldnt work.

Couldn't Superman just pick him up and fly him into the Sun? He's not Unus the Untouchable after all.

Creshosk
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
That wouldnt work.

Couldn't Superman just pick him up and fly him into the Sun? He's not Unus the Untouchable after all. From now on when Superman does this you could also say "Superman could take him home."

SarKastic_OJ
Superman isn't the "dumbest" "meatheaded" superhero you know he actually applies his "mind" when facing an incredible foe.

Gladiator was so "dumbfounded" indeed on Cannonball's "absorbing technique" BUT that does not mean CB would win a one-on-one confrontation..

First off, Superman is a "fighting conscious" type of character and using trial and error(his direct physical attacks ineffective) then he would result to other means of offense. Like simply grappling him(I sincerely doubt he could absorb a grapple) and tossing him into 1) Space/Sun 2) Core of the earth. Superman could also entrap him inside a Glacier in which could restrain him long enough for Supes to fly him into the midst of Space.

Creshosk
Originally posted by SarKastic_OJ
Superman isn't the "dumbest" "meatheaded" superhero you know he actually applies his "mind" when facing an incredible foe.

Gladiator was so "dumbfounded" indeed on Cannonball's "absorbing technique" BUT that does not mean CB would win a one-on-one confrontation..

First off, Superman is a "fighting conscious" type of character and using trial and error(his direct physical attacks ineffective) then he would result to other means of offense. Like simply grappling him(I sincerely doubt he could absorb a grapple) and tossing him into 1) Space/Sun 2) Core of the earth. Superman could also entrap him inside a Glacier in which could restrain him long enough for Supes to fly him into the midst of Space. Actually he might be able to absorb the grapple.

mr.smiley
Good possibility

Dizzle
Cannonball ever been pushed? Ever moved by something other than himself? If so, he doesn't absorb all kinetic energy and grappling works. Otherwise, Supes could simply put up a fist and let Cannonball run into it, I don't think Cannonball can absorb his own kinetic energy...

derrick24
Cannonball ever been pushed? Ever moved by something other than himself? If so, he doesn't absorb all kinetic energy and grappling works. Otherwise, Supes could simply put up a fist and let Cannonball run into it, I don't think Cannonball can absorb his own kinetic energy...

do you know what kinetic energy is, its force anything that superman does to cannonball using his hand or anybody part hes absorbing it.

this should answer your question

Kinetic energy is the energy of motion. An object which has motion - whether it be vertical or horizontal motion - has kinetic energy. There are many forms of kinetic energy - vibrational (the energy due to vibrational motion), rotational (the energy due to rotational motion), and translational (the energy due to motion from one location to another). To keep matters simple, we will focus upon translational kinetic energy. The amount of translational kinetic energy (from here on, the phrase kinetic energy will refer to translational kinetic energy) which an object has depends upon two variables: the mass (m) of the object and the speed (v) of the object. The following equation is used to represent the kinetic energy (KE) of an object.

derrick24
Originally posted by SarKastic_OJ

First off, Superman is a "fighting conscious" type of character and using trial and error(his direct physical attacks ineffective) then he would result to other means of offense. Like simply grappling him(I sincerely doubt he could absorb a grapple) and tossing him into 1) Space/Sun 2) Core of the earth. Superman could also entrap him inside a Glacier in which could restrain him long enough for Supes to fly him into the midst of Space.

Like i said before cannonball can expand his force field, if superman grabs him, which would be a bad thing to do, cannonball has 3 options;
1. he can make it easy and just expand his force field so that superman could release him.

2. he can absorb what superman is doing and ride it out until he gets enough strength to ko him like he almost did fury and gladiator.

3. He can just blow up the entire area, and superman will feel alot of the blast and would be stunned.

derrick24
like i said before, all he would have to do is put a force field around superman, fly him in the ocean and see how long he could breath under water. Or he can let superman well on him all day pretending that it hurts, gain enough strength and knock superman out with a captain marvel blow to the back of the head. Another thing; my post above says that kinetic energy is something in motion. Heat vision has motion (gets absorbed), ice breath has motion (gets absorbed) and punches has motion (gets absorbed), grappling is motion and that would get absorbed also.

DrDoom
Max potential Cannonball is a tough,tough foe due to the nature of his powers.

Superman is my favorite DC char, but I still say CB wins 8/10. If he didn't have his field up BEFORE he saw Supes, Superman would win 10/10--he would move in on Sam before Sam could think of putting up his field. Sadly, the topic creator said the field was on so Supes loses...

As for the "robot" everybody was talking about--that's The Fury, a mix of magic and science.

Think of Nimrod, the Phalanx, and Doomsday mooshed together. It can beat ANY single "earth bound" character in personal combat--Marvel OR DC. The sad thing is the Fury that the Uncanny team beat wasn't even at full power...

Oh, and derrick you made Sam look like he was doing something in that fight. He didn't do **** except annoy the Fury and get his leg broken.
It's a very very powerful opponent...I wish we would see more of it so everybody could bask in it's awesomeness...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by DrDoom
If he didn't have his field up BEFORE he saw Supes, Superman would win 10/10--he would move in on Sam before Sam could think of putting up his field. Sadly, the topic creator said the field was on so Supes loses...
Yeah, he changed it in mid-topic to stack them up against Superman. Instead of agreeing that Superman's unreasonably powerful he's trying to bring him down a few notches.
until he gets enough strength to ko him like he almost did fury and gladiator
I can name one x-man that couldn't do anything to Gladiator in spite of Gladiator possibly not being able to do anything to the x-man.

Trying to blow up or drown your opponent isn't very x-man-ish. Plus the blast would only do that. Stun him. At the most.

DrDoom
True dat Tuna.

Still, I hate it when a vs. thread's set up gets tipped in the favor of one opponent.

derrick24
True dat Tuna.

Still, I hate it when a vs. thread's set up gets tipped in the favor of one opponent.

Doom you were right about the fury robot, cannonball wasnt nothing but a annoyance to it, but he was a good annoyance. he was the only one fighting the android, rachel got punched out of orbit and bishop was on the side lines. Cannonball was getting slapped around but he did get some well placed licks. If it wasnt for cannonball force field he would have been dead. The reason i said what i said was because this guy made fury look weak because he knocked cannonball down. He stated if fury can do it than superman could. I advised him that fury would murder superman and i actually think that cannonball did better in that fight than superman would have ever done.

But i have to admit you did correct me and i cant down you for that but you have to admit that cannonball was holding his own on a machine that i think could even take apocalypse. And yes you were right on something else, superman loses this battle, he has no way of getting around cannonball force field, fury had magic, cannonballs weakness, superman dont.

derrick24
Yeah, he changed it in mid-topic to stack them up against Superman. Instead of agreeing that Superman's unreasonably powerful he's trying to bring him down a few notches.

I can name one x-man that couldn't do anything to Gladiator in spite of Gladiator possibly not being able to do anything to the x-man.

Trying to blow up or drown your opponent isn't very x-man-ish. Plus the blast would only do that. Stun him. At the most.

swanky i didnt do that to make superman not look worthy; superman is a very powerful opponent for anybody, how can i not make him look worthy. I said that to prove that fury is a unstoppable foe that nobodies powers could work on.

blowing up a person are drowning a person isnt very xman but do you think tossing someone in space or flying someone to the sun is supermanish, no but people still brought it up.

Swanky-Tuna
Anybody can take Apocalypse. He's a cool character and all but he sucks at everything.

derrick24
youre right on that part.

derrick24
well he can beat the avengers, is that better and by the way, whats up swanky the person who always disagree with me.

derrick24
can you please tell me a way superman could beat cannonball.

Swanky-Tuna
well he can beat the avengers, is that better and by the way, whats up swanky the person who always disagree with me.
When did he beat the avengers?

And I always disagree with you because you're so biased and skew stats so much that it's a laugh riot debating you. It's like I'm Bill Cosby and you're a child on Kids Say the Darnedest Things.
can you please tell me a way superman could beat cannonball.
Maybe you should read your own thread...

derrick24
oh and by the way this is the power of the fury that someone tried to use in a argument against cannonball:

Powers and Abilities:
cybiote with considerable strength, speed, and reflexes, inexhaustible endurance, near-invincibility thanks to a natural imperviousness to harm, recuperative powers, and the ability to absorb organic or inorganic matter into its system, tracking senses that work across dimensions, devastating energy blasts, cross-dimensional travel, capable of analyzing situations or individuals to implement changes on its body to neutralize or counteract any effect, and devise the ideal weapon systems to destroy any foe

derrick24
When did he beat the avengers?

And I always disagree with you because you're so biased and skew stats so much that it's a laugh riot debating you. It's like I'm Bill Cosby and you're a child on Kids Say the Darnedest Things.

Maybe you should read your own thread...

I didnt say that he beat the avengers, i said that he can beat the avengers and i said that he can beat apocalypse. But he never fought any of them. My bad for the confusion.

Swanky-Tuna
I didnt say that he beat the avengers, i said that he can beat the avengers and i said that he can beat apocalypse. But he never fought any of them. My bad for the confusion.
Cannonball can beat the Avengers? No way. Not unless it's the crappy new one with Wolverine and Ghost... Rider... wait, is that the new Fanastic Four? Or... wait, yeah, the new Avengers is pretty lowbie power-wise except for Ironman.

derrick24
Cannonball can beat the Avengers? No way. Not unless it's the crappy new one with Wolverine and Ghost... Rider... wait, is that the new Fanastic Four? Or... wait, yeah, the new Avengers is pretty lowbie power-wise except for Ironman.

nooo youre correct cannonball cannot beat the avengers, i was telling you fury could, that bio i gave you was for fury powers.

K3VIL
The adult Cannonball has mastered the use of his powers, he's an expert aerial combatant, and as showed during his fight with the Fury, the deus ex robot unleashed against the X-Men, he take anything from him, the Fury itself stated that superstrenght, superspeed, sonic blasts, plasma beams, meson cutters, neutronium bombs, nothing can actually damage the subject, but the Fury keep fightning him.
But during the fight, Cannonball was getting tired, he wasn't flying at his top speed, actually it was to put the Fury into a trap, cause Bishop soon arrived throwing a propane container at the Fury and blasting it with an energy bolt, but Cannonball got a leg injured during the fight, and anyway it was requiring from his body a great amount of energy to keep fighting this unstoppable enemy.Consider that the Fury with a single blow throwed Rachel Summers with a portion of Phoenix Power, that all the X-Fanboy on this board sayed to be hella powerful and strong in the sea near Ireland, from the U.S.A. to Ireland.
Superman is stronger than the Fury, faster, tougher, has great energy reserves, fightning experience, he's an expert aerial combatant.
If the Fury can speedblitz Cannonball, Kal El certainly can, and that will mean Cannonball is going down.

Swanky-Tuna
nooo youre correct cannonball cannot beat the avengers, i was telling you fury could, that bio i gave you was for fury powers.
Oooohhh... I didn't read it all the way through. Again, unless it's the lowbie new avengers, I think they can take him. Especially when they had people like Scarlet Witch.

derrick24
Originally posted by K3VIL
The adult Cannonball has mastered the use of his powers, he's an expert aerial combatant, and as showed during his fight with the Fury, the deus ex robot unleashed against the X-Men, he take anything from him, the Fury itself stated that superstrenght, superspeed, sonic blasts, plasma beams, meson cutters, neutronium bombs, nothing can actually damage the subject, but the Fury keep fightning him.
But during the fight, Cannonball was getting tired, he wasn't flying at his top speed, actually it was to put the Fury into a trap, cause Bishop soon arrived throwing a propane container at the Fury and blasting it with an energy bolt, but Cannonball got a leg injured during the fight, and anyway it was requiring from his body a great amount of energy to keep fighting this unstoppable enemy.Consider that the Fury with a single blow throwed Rachel Summers with a portion of Phoenix Power, that all the X-Fanboy on this board sayed to be hella powerful and strong in the sea near Ireland, from the U.S.A. to Ireland.
Superman is stronger than the Fury, faster, tougher, has great energy reserves, fightning experience, he's an expert aerial combatant.
If the Fury can speedblitz Cannonball, Kal El certainly can, and that will mean Cannonball is going down.

k3vil dont take this personal because you did post a good argument except, you know nothing of fury. Fury will kill superman, not beat him but kill him. Fury is a magical being that noone powers can work on. The reason why cannonball was losing power was because fury is a magic base character and that is cannonball weakness, he got thru his forcefield because he is a magic based being.

Fury will kill doomsday, superman, and any other being that tries to fight it, im going to post another bio of fury for you so that you would know that superman has no chance.

derrick24
Powers and Abilities:
cybiote with considerable strength, speed, and reflexes, inexhaustible endurance, near-invincibility thanks to a natural imperviousness to harm, recuperative powers, and the ability to absorb organic or inorganic matter into its system, tracking senses that work across dimensions, devastating energy blasts, cross-dimensional travel, capable of analyzing situations or individuals to implement changes on its body to neutralize or counteract any effect, and devise the ideal weapon systems to destroy any foe

Do you see where it says create a weopon that can destroy any foe, superman dies and fast because he dont have a force field to protect him like cannonballs does. Superman has a tiny force field but it dont work as good as it use to.

K3VIL
Powers and Abilities:

Do you see where it says create a weopon that can destroy any foe, superman dies and fast because he dont have a force field to protect him like cannonballs does. Superman has a tiny force field but it dont work as good as it use to.
Maybe you should try to inform yourself better.
Superman's force field has protected him from an explosion equal to 1 million nuclear strikes, at point blank distance during HUNTER/PREY saga.He stand up after the blast, and speedblited Doomsday.
The Fury was having troubles with the X-Men, Superman will just slam it into pieces, blast it with full force Heat Vision, throw what remain into the sun, end of fight.
Fury is not Nimrod.
Supes force field can be overwhelmed only by huge energy strikes or physical force

derrick24

k3vil you must like superman a lot, you actually think superman is stronger and faster, tougher, has more power, and has better fighting style than fury. You love superman a lot. To be honest i think fury and destroyer are on the same level of power. superman cannot beat fury and he cant beat cannonball.

derrick24
Maybe you should try to inform yourself better.
Superman's force field has protected him from an explosion equal to 1 million nuclear strikes, at point blank distance during HUNTER/PREY saga.He stand up after the blast, and speedblited Doomsday.
The Fury was having troubles with the X-Men, Superman will just slam it into pieces, blast it with full force Heat Vision, throw what remain into the sun, end of fight.
Fury is not Nimrod.
Supes force field can be overwhelmed only by huge energy strikes or physical force

i dont care what kind of punishment superman can take, he has no way of beating or even coming close to beating fury. Fury was created to KILL superhumans and thats what superman is.

dont use doomsday in a argument with fury, doomsday dont come close to having the amount of power fury has. Superman would lose to fury in seconds. How can superman beat a guy and his powers wont even work on him. And if superman can take so much punishment, why did general zod shoot a hole in him with his heat vision and youre saying that superman can take everything fury dishes out. You know nothing of the fury. Why did superman have a black eye and his nose and mouth was bleeding if he can take so much punishment. Fury is superior to any enemy superman has faced alone. I will be back with another bio for you of fury.

derrick24
oh and if you want to bring up fury breaking cannonball legs, lets bring up superman getting his jaw broke or doomsday grabbing superman arm breaking it.

Swanky-Tuna
Captain Marvel is a magical being and Superman fights him all the time.

Doomsday was a whole 'nother beast.

DrDoom

All of those weapons AND superstrength AND superspeed couldn't hurt him...but Superman speedblitzing him with strength alone will?

Like I said, if Sam's field is down before the fight Supes wins--but it's already up before the fight starts, so Superman is screwed.

Also, Cannonball got his leg busted because he got stupid and tried to fight Fury head on. Yes, his injury was affecting him--but he still had enough juice to go a couple more rounds with Fury,get covered in liquid nitrogen, and blast free.

True, the Fury did stretch Rachel--but that's what you get when you fly straight at an enemy that you've never met before. Her power makes her overconfident, but she soon learned that she wasn't invincible. Oh and it knocked her from UK into orbit, then she fell into the Irish sea. She didn't get tossed from USA to Ireland...

Superman is stronger than the Fury,faster, is a great aerial combatant, and has great energy reserves. Fury is tougher, and a much,much,much better fighter than he is due to it's abilities. Fury would work Supes. sad

The only way Superman could win is if he just tired Sam out. If he just flew around him throwing random **** at him for like, the whole day Sam would get tired (while Superman won't) and his shield would weaken (mebbe even disappear altogether) THEN Superman could strike. I
doubt Supes would last long enough to do this because he would probably punch Sam at about 1/2 strength, see it has no effect, say "Great Rao!" and try his heat vision/arctic breath. That wouldn't work so he'd try full strength blows--and Sam would keep absorbing the blows--and send them right back at him. At this point Superman could use the plan that I have stated above...but I figured he'd knock himself out after 4 punches (which is basically like him punching himself).

CB wins 8/10. Supes wins 2/10 if he lasts long enough to tire him out.

derrick24
explain zods heat vision going thru superman and superman bleeding at the mouth and nose and having a black eye. what happened to that invulnerability.

Mainstream
it's nigh invulnerability...no one is invulnerable...everyone has weakness even Supes.

derrick24
All of those weapons AND superstrength AND superspeed couldn't hurt him...but Superman speedblitzing him with strength alone will?

Like I said, if Sam's field is down before the fight Supes wins--but it's already up before the fight starts, so Superman is screwed.

Also, Cannonball got his leg busted because he got stupid and tried to fight Fury head on. Yes, his injury was affecting him--but he still had enough juice to go a couple more rounds with Fury,get covered in liquid nitrogen, and blast free.

True, the Fury did stretch Rachel--but that's what you get when you fly straight at an enemy that you've never met before. Her power makes her overconfident, but she soon learned that she wasn't invincible. Oh and it knocked her from UK into orbit, then she fell into the Irish sea. She didn't get tossed from USA to Ireland...

Superman is stronger than the Fury,faster, is a great aerial combatant, and has great energy reserves. Fury is tougher, and a much,much,much better fighter than he is due to it's abilities. Fury would work Supes. sad

The only way Superman could win is if he just tired Sam out. If he just flew around him throwing random **** at him for like, the whole day Sam would get tired (while Superman won't) and his shield would weaken (mebbe even disappear altogether) THEN Superman could strike. I
doubt Supes would last long enough to do this because he would probably punch Sam at about 1/2 strength, see it has no effect, say "Great Rao!" and try his heat vision/arctic breath. That wouldn't work so he'd try full strength blows--and Sam would keep absorbing the blows--and send them right back at him. At this point Superman could use the plan that I have stated above...but I figured he'd knock himself out after 4 punches (which is basically like him punching himself).

CB wins 8/10. Supes wins 2/10 if he lasts long enough to tire him out.

dr doom youre great and you know your comics. K3vil dont know that fury was based off of killing superhumans, which that is what superman is and he dont know that cannonball can absorb anything superman can dish out, he is sticking to the fact that superman is superman and dont want to see the truth. That no one has broke thru cannonball force field unless they had some magic involved or cannonball got cocky. Superman knows nothing of cannonball and that would be his down fall.

Swanky-Tuna
At this point Superman could use the plan that I have stated above...but I figured he'd knock himself out after 4 punches (which is basically like him punching himself).
Four punches? He took more than four punches from Doomsday and he was stronger than Superman. Much stronger.
explain zods heat vision going thru superman and superman bleeding at the mouth and nose and having a black eye. what happened to that invulnerability.
Zod's powered by red sun radiation. I'm sure if Supes fired at him his beams would go straight through Zod.

derrick24
Originally posted by Mainstream
it's nigh invulnerability...no one is invulnerable...everyone has weakness even Supes.

i dont consider superman invulnerable, not the current superman, he can just take a lot of punishment.
Can someone tell me the name of a superman villian that has 4 claws on each hands and he have cables coming out of his back, he was in the comic when superman was fighting zod, he was the one that ripped superman father in half. The reason i asked you for his name is because he also slashed a hole in superman chest.

Mainstream
i dont consider superman invulnerable, not the current superman, he can just take a lot of punishment.
Can someone tell me the name of a superman villian that has 4 claws on each hands and he have cables coming out of his back, he was in the comic when superman was fighting zod, he was the one that ripped superman father in half. The reason i asked you for his name is because he also slashed a hole in superman chest.
current supes is on the weak side isn't he

derrick24
Four punches? He took more than four punches from Doomsday and he was stronger than Superman. Much stronger.

Zod's powered by red sun radiation. I'm sure if Supes fired at him his beams would go straight through Zod.

Your not getting my point, my point is that superman isnt invulnerable, he can just take a lot of punishment. When have you seen juggernaut, get a hole cut in his chest, when have you seen juggernaut jaw become broken, when have you seen juggernaut bleed out of the mouth and nose, never, because he invulnerable (not the current juggernaut).

when have you even see gladiator bleed out of the mouth or the nose, when have you even see gladiator bleed. When have anything on gladiator ever been broken.

No lets not even use them, lets use cannonball, if you have read anything on cannonball, when have you ever see him bleed from anywhere, when in flight. The only time harm ever came to cannonball was by fury and the reason why that happened was because he was magic base, my bad spiral also hurt him thru his forcefield because she shot him with a magical beam, that she stated she brought for him.

DrDoom
Yeah, Swank. 4. You heard me.

Lol I'm just messing with ya, I'm saying it's like you punching yourself in the face a couple of times full-force--you'd either be KO or really hurtin'

Ok for Supes he'd be throwing about 50 punches--but it would look like 4 to Sam. That better?

You're right about Zod too. Plus, Supes was all puffy and bleeding because he and Zod were equal strength, more or less. I like that Zod better than "Old man" Zod that's around now.

K3VIL
Resistance to Injuries and Invulnerability are practically the same thing, Supes is not totally invulnerable, to overwhelm his invulnerability, composed of a skin like force field and body denser than normal humans are required attacks of a great magnitude or kryptonite or red sun radiations.

k3vil you must like superman a lot, you actually think superman is stronger and faster, tougher, has more power, and has better fighting style than fury. You love superman a lot. To be honest i think fury and destroyer are on the same level of power. superman cannot beat fury and he cant beat cannonball.
Fury and Asgardian Destroyer on the same level?You seriously need to buy some Thor issues, Asgardian Destroyer is something able to stay FIST TO FIST with Desak the God Slayer.
Fury was having troubles with Cannonball and Bishop, that outsmarted him, Sage was able to hit him in the chest, this guy is having problems with superpowered beings that are not in Superman's league.
Superman's strenght and resistance can counter anything the Fury can dish out, meanwhile freezing breath and heat vision will put the Fury at 50% of his max level and then Superman can throw him in the Sun, where he can't regenerate, he'll be disintegrated.
Nothing prevent Supes from doing this, if Cannonball can speeblitz the Fury, Superman that can achieve 2% of ligthspeed certainly can.
I'm not a Superman fan, I like him, but not that much.I've stated that when he's putted against certainly enemies he's obviously doomed.

dr doom youre great and you know your comics. K3vil dont know that fury was based off of killing superhumans, which that is what superman is and he dont know that cannonball can absorb anything superman can dish out, he is sticking to the fact that superman is superman and dont want to see the truth. That no one has broke thru cannonball force field unless they had some magic involved or cannonball got cocky. Superman knows nothing of cannonball and that would be his down fall.
Superman knows nothing of Cannoball, Cannonball knows nothing of Superman, he faced Gladiator once, and he just got a lucky shot.
Superman can speedblitz Sam, use his freeze breath, throw Sam in the outerspace, what about this?
The throw into space trick is still a way to win the fight, and Sam's reflexes are not in Superman's league, so he's not gonna winning this.
Superman is not a poor idiot, he's very intelligent, he doesn't always go into slugfest mode, the 1st fight with Doomsday learn to him that punches are not the only way to win a fight.

derrick24
Yeah, Swank. 4. You heard me.

Lol I'm just messing with ya, I'm saying it's like you punching yourself in the face a couple of times full-force--you'd either be KO or really hurtin'

Ok for Supes he'd be throwing about 50 punches--but it would look like 4 to Sam. That better?

You're right about Zod too. Plus, Supes was all puffy and bleeding because he and Zod were equal strength, more or less. I like that Zod better than "Old man" Zod that's around now.

hulk and juggernaut are about at the same strength but not a drop of blood came out of juggernaut mouth (some did come out of hulks though).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>