NJO Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Mantis
The clash of the masters... Legendary wielders of the lightsaber & The ultimate force users... Setting is the bridge of the Ravanger....

Darth L. Dipsit
I think Luke could beat him, simply because I think Luke could beat Sidious without question and it would be (was) harder for Yoda.

The logic is subjective and perhaps flawed, but that is what I think now. Sorry for the lack of depth. If my point of view is completely skewed, I apologize.

Darth Abominus
i think yoda can take this, seeing as yoda's been teaching jedi for 800 years, that's 8 life times for luke.

some may say luke could beat sidious without question but i believe the same for yoda. one might look at it differently but have to remember yoda uses the force for defense, not offense, which, no matter who you are, will take naturally longer for someone to kill another. i think it is safe to say the same for luke as well in the way he would engage another.

which makes it rather difficult to say from a certain point of view. if it came to a battle of force powers, i'd say yoda. if it came to light sabers, hard to say, but i'd pick yoda.

one things for sure it would be great!

sorry if my point of view is ambigous,

Darth Crazo
Hard choice but Luke would win. Yoda lost to sidious fair and square. He even admitted it. And Yoda knew Luke was the only hope to defeat the Emperor-by ROTJ.

Bobafetty
Yoda easily

Darth Plagues
NJO Luke hands down. Though this would be one awesome match!

Darth Mantis
Thank you

Darth Abominus
whom do you think would be the victor darth mantis?

Bobafetty
YODA!

TraptUnderIce
Luke.

Bobafetty
Yoda has insanely good agility and would be to much to handle for Luke.

Darth Mantis
Well Yoda did train Luke for a little time on Dagobah, I doubt that Yoda got to actually duel with him so he does not know his lightsaber style... Luke has improved beyond expectations during the rise of the new jedi order, and because of this he can probably throw off even Yoda's guard during their duel... But Yoda know's that Luke can be easily reckless and can grow impatient... Therefore their weaknesses are shown, but Luke has matured in both skill and the mastery of the force to win it... But this battle would be very, very close because each of them know each others weakness... I say NJO Luke Skywalker would prove victorious, but any Luke before NJO would be defeated by master Yoda in my opinion... Well what is your opinion, Yoda could win if he plays his cards right and manipulates Luke's weakness to go in for the win; just to throw off his guard for a split second... I would like to hear your opinion on this duel...

Bobafetty
Well, Yoda (as you said) trained Luke and knows alot of his weakness's but what weakness of Yoda does Luke know? Yoda knows too much about Luke to be defeated by him. Luke would put up a good fight but Yoda's superior experience, agility and smarts would prevale.

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by Bobafetty
Well, Yoda (as you said) trained Luke and knows alot of his weakness's but what weakness of Yoda does Luke know? Yoda knows too much about Luke to be defeated by him. Luke would put up a good fight but Yoda's superior experience, agility and smarts would prevale. Experience, agility, Intelligence... Important this is... Well the only weakness I see is that Luke has grown with the force as well as his skills, It might even throw off Yoda's guard from his rapid change in his attitude as well as skill... But to throw off Yoda's guard might seem almost impossible... But I think NJO Luke can even match Yoda with skill and mastery in the force... I just don't know... This battle could sway as easily as a coin toss... That tells you alot, they are so evenly matched to me... Almost identical...

Bobafetty
Agreed. I believe this match is a tie.

Kun-ni Habeo
Luke

Bobafetty
Originally posted by Darth Mantis
Experience, agility, Intelligence... Important this is... Well the only weakness I see is that Luke has grown with the force as well as his skills, It might even throw off Yoda's guard from his rapid change in his attitude as well as skill... But to throw off Yoda's guard might seem almost impossible... But I think NJO Luke can even match Yoda with skill and mastery in the force... I just don't know... This battle could sway as easily as a coin toss... That tells you alot, they are so evenly matched to me... Almost identical...
Lukes last resort is that rapid charge thingy and he'll be needing a last resort agiant's Yoda. But such a crude and barbaric attack would never have any effect againts such a wise oppoent, he'd just dodge it like nothing.

Lord_Windu
Hasn't Luke been deemed to be the most powerful Jedi ever?

Darth Mantis
One thing is power, but another is wisdom...

Darth L. Dipsit
Yes, but the phrase "most powerful Jedi" accounts for both in terms of battle. Most powerful means most powerful, reflexively. This is meant objectively.

Lord Mader
Luke

Darth Plagues
Yea NJO Luke would kill Yoda, but it would be a kewl battle to see!

HimoKun
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
I think Luke could beat him, simply because I think Luke could beat Sidious without question and it would be (was) harder for Yoda.

The logic is subjective and perhaps flawed, but that is what I think now. Sorry for the lack of depth. If my point of view is completely skewed, I apologize.

Not the greatest of logic. And you don't have to appoligize. Now, when Yoda was beaten by Sidious, Sidious was using tactics that were not conventional. He was throwing things at Yoda and Yoda had no chance to fight back.

Darth_Frobo
While I'm not a luke fan I hate to say that he would pwn yoda on the grounds that he had more force knowledge as for lightsaber combat i haven't seen much about lukes saber skills but from what i hear he could proably win their as well. I have spoken.

Bobafetty
Originally posted by Darth Plagues
Yea NJO Luke would kill Yoda, but it would be a kewl battle to see!
No Yoda would kill Luke. You're just gonna have to read my other posts before answering to this one. I hope you become convinced.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.