Did Anakin have a Padawan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bishop X
I mean he was a Jedi Knight after all and should have been allowed to choose one. And if not, do you think he should have? How could it have altered the film, if at all?

astrofan428
Did you see one?

Sorry.

No he didnt, most likely because the war wouldnt allow it.

lincoln86323
i thought the padawan thing was only for jedi masters

Ken Kenobi
Only the masters had Padawans.

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by lincoln86323
i thought the padawan thing was only for jedi masters
Ding, ding, ding!!!!!

Xam
omg man!!!!!

Bishop X
Jedi Master - a JEDI KNIGHT who manages to instruct a Padawan and successfully train him or her to the level of a Jedi Knight.

Taken from wikipedia.org

Lord Yoda
But wasn't Obi-Wan only a jedi knight when he was training anakin.

astrofan428
Actually Knights get pads, Masters I believe dont have the time.

Both Obi-Wan and QGJ where simply knights.

Darth Macabre
Yes he was, you become a master after successful training of a Padawan.

I believe Qui-Gon was actually a Master, if im not mistaken.

Bishop X
Thank you.

ctsketch
actually no, you become Master after succesfully training a padawan to Knight usually, Obiwan was a knight when he took Anakin on as a padawn too if you recall. its no explained in the movies at all, but its evedent in all EU reading as well as in other official Lucasfilm readings/info books

Xam
can peeps stop assuming stuff n talk about the movie!!

Ken Kenobi
Ok, even if Anakin were allowed a Padawan since he was a Jedi Knight, the chances of him having a Padawan by the time of Episode III is slim to none.

It had only been 4 months since he had become a Jedi Knight, not long enough of a time for him to already have a Padawan.

Mist
yes he did. his name was nebar foxis and was played by mickey suttle. he was seen onscreen during the jedi temple purge no expression

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Ok, even if Anakin were allowed a Padawan since he was a Jedi Knight, the chances of him having a Padawan by the time of Episode III is slim to none.

It had only been 4 months since he had become a Jedi Knight, not long enough of a time for him to already have a Padawan.

Well Obi-Wan had Anakin as a Padawan what 10 minutes after he became a knight?

Bishop X
Originally posted by Mist
yes he did. his name was nebar foxis and was played by mickey suttle. he was seen onscreen during the jedi temple purge no expression

Tee-Hee.

astrofan428
Apparently he didnt like the younglings he would have to choose from. big grin

Bishop X
What if Anakin had had one though?

DeVi| D0do
I thought you had to be on the Council to be a Master?

No... it seems all padawan's call their trainer's Master.

whatever... does it really matter? There was a friggin war going on I dounbt Anakin had much time to take on an apprentice.

JKozzy
Who knows, he would've trained him/her then. That's my theory..

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Well Obi-Wan had Anakin as a Padawan what 10 minutes after he became a knight?

That was a special case brought on by one Master's death.

Darth Macabre
That was a special case brought on by one Master's death.

True but i would think with a war going on that would also be a spechial case. I would think they would give out more Padawans so there are always two together rather then one by themselves.

((The_Anomaly))
how do you know it had been 4 months? theres 2 years between AOTC and ROTS

and no, you dont need to be on the council to be a master, and no you dont need to be a master to have an padawan, as was said, usually the rank of master is granted for successfully training a padawan to knight status, however on special occasions the rank of master would be given to someone who had not trained a padawan, or to a jedi who had been a knight for numerous years (which then usually he/ she would already have a padawan anyways)

Robin Darkside
Its a war, theres no time for him to have a padawan, there were battles to fight, Anakin must have been busy.

Lazerlike42
I would say he probably did not.... if you watch Clone Wars it seems that Obi-Wan and Anakin are highly regarded "war-heros" who are sent on special missions as a pair. I would say that this evidences that he did not have a Padawan.

astrofan428
The war had taken the lives of so many Jedi that Anakin had to be promoted, but due to the war training a young padawan(they start young) would be nearly impossible. Besides the dynamic duo are the go-to guys for the republic.

jabbar
Only the masters had Padawans.

check wikipedia before you make such confident statements

DeVi| D0do
Wikipedia is bullshit. Anyone can write on there.

DarkAge
Originally posted by Bishop X
Jedi Master - a JEDI KNIGHT who manages to instruct a Padawan and successfully train him or her to the level of a Jedi Knight.

Taken from wikipedia.org

I think there's a difference actually. In Clone Wars Volume II Anakin is made a Jedi knight.

Bishop X
And Obi Wan was made a master.

Darth Kip
umm yes you are mistaken if you remember in TPM Qui-GOn wasnt allow to be one because he was too rebelious and stuff

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Kip
umm yes you are mistaken if you remember in TPM Qui-GOn wasnt allow to be one because he was too rebelious and stuff

He wasn't on the council because of that, he could still have been a master

Sesse
It wouldn't be a supprise if Anakind had had a secret padawan. He had a wife too...

Darth Kip
well that would be quite a side series now wouldnt it

DenKi
I dont think he had a Padawan, i think he was close with the Younglings, seeing as they called him Master and they sounded like they truested him and knew him alot.

mossman
Qui-Gon is a Master.
He is not allowed to train Ani because the Council decides Anakin should not be trained.
Obi-Wan is made a Knight at the end of TPM and is reluctantly granted permission to take on Ani as his Padawan.

Knights become Masters when they successfully guide a Padawan through to Knighthood.
QGJ was already a Master at the start of TPM and had already trained other Padawans before Obi.
Ani becomes a Knight sometime during the Clone Wars, and Obi simultaneously becomes a Master.

Ani never has a Padawan.
He's a little busy fighting a war...

ShotgunWes
Exactly, Ani doesn't have time to train a Padawan. Ani and Obi are the go to guys for the republic. They handle any and all important missions. And if I'm not mistaken it was said that Ani was made a knight 6 months prior to the events in RotS, and in the book it says that he and Obi were taking part in the Outer Rim Sieges for the past 5 months before RotS. So that means that almost as soon as Ani was made a Knight he was sent straight to the front lines.

So there was no time to obtain a padawan. Also, I don't think he would have even wanted one, because Anakin's personality is that of a loner. His only companions are Padme and Obi-Wan. Also, a padawan would hinder Anakin's ability to fight during the war, that's probably the same reason Obi didn't take on a new padawan.

neo313
Originally posted by mossman
Qui-Gon is a Master.
He is not allowed to train Ani because the Council decides Anakin should not be trained.
Obi-Wan is made a Knight at the end of TPM and is reluctantly granted permission to take on Ani as his Padawan.

Knights become Masters when they successfully guide a Padawan through to Knighthood.
QGJ was already a Master at the start of TPM and had already trained other Padawans before Obi.
Ani becomes a Knight sometime during the Clone Wars, and Obi simultaneously becomes a Master.

Ani never has a Padawan.

this is 100% true

mace7386
Qui-Gon is a Master.

Ani never has a Padawan.

Finnaly somebody got it right

astrofan428
Qui-Gon is a Master.

Ani never has a Padawan.

Qui-Gon wasnt a master, dont you remember Obi-Wan saying something about if he was less defiant he would be on the council.

Darth Macabre
Just because your not on the council doesnt mean you cant be a master.

Knights become Masters after they train a padawan. So any Knight who trains a padawan can be a master.

Darth Kip
no they dont you become a master after entering the council thats why ani was so pissed about because he wasnt granted the rank of master duh

The Biker Scout
yeah he had a padawan

Tarkin

darth_haku
hallza na'a he did not

devil ninja alien evil face

Thornbane
Originally posted by Darth Kip
no they dont you become a master after entering the council thats why ani was so pissed about because he wasnt granted the rank of master duh

You've got it backwards. Only masters may serve on the council. He was pissed because Palpatine let him serve on the council, but they wouldn't make him a master.

Stunrun
Originally posted by ctsketch
actually no, you become Master after succesfully training a padawan to Knight usually, Obiwan was a knight when he took Anakin on as a padawn too if you recall. its no explained in the movies at all, but its evedent in all EU reading as well as in other official Lucasfilm readings/info books

But some masters on the council have never took on apprentice's

DenKi
NO

Quigon was a Master and he choose not be on the Council because he didnt like the new ways. Quigon was the only one will the New Order.

|King Joker|
smokin'

Ace Hambone
We all know from Clone Wars that it turns out Anakin did have a Padawan.

But there is no way a person could be as immature as the Anakin portrayed in Ep III after training a Padawan. So either it was all a dream, or he had a memory wipe or SOMETHING.

queeq
Or something...

C-3POTheClever
Yes, he had one is the Clone Wars series. Her name is Asoka.

queeq
And she's also in Rebels, so that makes her officially Anakin's padawan.

Darth Subjekt
Holy hell, a 10 year bump?!?!

There's something oddly satisfying about that lol.

|King Joker|
https://45.media.tumblr.com/56e619011e5d9de801a787625085f229/tumblr_nvzo45UY7x1u5wqalo1_500.gif

queeq
There's an Ahsoka fan...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.