Shuma Gorath VS. Cyttorrak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes this one? Gorath is a beast, and freaking powerful. Can he take on Cyttorrak? Battle takes place in a neutral dimension where both combatants powers work regardless. Both are at their prime. Who takes it?

Debate.

Sentry
Info on Shuma:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/shumagorath.htm

Go here for info on Cyttorrak:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/cyttor.htm

long pig
These fights are too much to judge.
In their own dimention they are basically both friggin omnipotent.

If you say "both have there powers out of their dimentions", then they'd both be equally friggin omnipotent.

kgkg
Shuman has been killed

so i say Cyttorrak

Sentry
Yes he has been killed, but it says right there, he probably reassembled himself in his home dimension.

He can be defeated, but it's very hard to kill him. This thing actaully forced Strange to kill himself. I think he beats Cyttorrak. Shuma Gorath wins.

Maestro
Shuma wins easily, the ancient one had to sacrifice himself just so that shuma couldn't get to earth.

Shuma Gorath has actually ruled Earth before, but got defeated. I always wonder what would of happened if he stayed on Earth by the time the 1st celestial host appeared.

CorderaMitchell
I would go with Shuma, he is more versatile in this match-up.

Mider
Didnt they say that if Dr Strange had stayed with Shuma Gorath apart of Him His powers would be to great to even exist on this plain?

CorderaMitchell
yea

Mider
They need to show Cyttorack in more active roles as in kicking the shit out or someone.

Cosmic Flame
We've seen Shuma Gorath defeated several times, but never a defeat for Cytorrak--granted Shuma's tried to take over the Earth again and Cytorrak hasn't. Even the Vishanti had a hand in defeating him once. When Strange was being summoned by the great mystical deities for service in the War of the Seven Spheres, the Vishanti appeared to treat Cytorrak almost as an equal. I don't know if they'd do the same with Shuma Gorath.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Mider
Didnt they say that if Dr Strange had stayed with Shuma Gorath apart of Him His powers would be to great to even exist on this plain?
Shuma Gorath said to Strange if he became more powerful than him, he would become him. I think he went with it and became Shuma Gorath then killed himself, thus killing Shuma Gorath.

Mider
Yeah but you cant kill Shuma Gorath permanatly.

Laminator_X
I would disagree with "the Squid"'s conjecture that Shuma Gorath reconstituted, based as it is solely on SG appearing in one panel of a montage presented by one Cube being to another to learn about the multiverse. I would chalk that up to the same lack of coordination between Marvel's editorial desks that gives us a HYDRA fleet invading and mini-nuking Manhattan in Thunderbolts one month, and Peter saying they hadn't amounted to much in recent years in Amazing the next month (with his New Avengers membership clearly setting the story months later). Spidey was even shown fighting the HYDRA troops in TB.

Until we see a story with Shuma depicted as active, I'll take his destruction by Dr. Strange at face value.

We shouldn't take sites like maruvap to be authorative when they stray from the source material and start theorizing. Not that I don't theorize, but I don't expect others to take my theories as gospel when they're not supported by the texts.

Mider
how many beings have supposidly died i mean Galactus has died a few times He still aint dead im sure The Presance is not really dead from DC or forever gone.

Sentry
Yes he can be killed. We don't know if he'll reconstitute himself in his own world. Cyttorrak's showings haven't been that awe inspiring. Shuma was one of the only beings that forced Strange to kill himself. Cyttorrak gets defeated by his own creation Juggernaut.

Mider
It was incredibly stupid and bad writing to have Juggernaut defeat Cyttorack He only has a fraction of Cyttoracks power and that makes absolutly no sense that He should beat Him but then again Cyttorack was cought off gaurd. But i think it happend more then once witch is once again.............really bad writing and stuipd but who am i to judgei guess they though it look cool.

Swanky-Tuna
Juggernaut beating Cyttorak had something to do with the trion thing I think... but supposedly the spirit that possessed Juggernaut was Cyttorak in the first place. I don't know, it's all screwy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.