Movie recommendations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BakaXero
This thread is for movies recommendations. foriegn movies people dont watch because its most likely unknown.

Anyways i've watching a few Korean movies lately and so mine will be korean.
1st one is for people who've seen the movie "my sassy girl" the same actress is in another movie called "windstruck" its a different story but there are parts that will remind you of "my sassy gir" especially the end. i wont tell you what it is, but you'll understand what i mean if you see it

second one is "attack the gas station" its about 4 guys who decide to rob a gas station. and out of boredom attack it a second time. but with the second time they did not find any money so decide to take things one step further and a whole series of event occur. very funny movie. It kinda makes me wanna rob a gas station, but only if it turns out like in the movie.

MildPossession
My Sassy Girl (which America are remaking) is sooooo good, really love the film. Didn't enjoy Windstruck as much as My Sassy Girl but it was still a fun film that is worth the look.

BakaXero
Originally posted by MildPossession
My Sassy Girl (which America are remaking) is sooooo good, really love the film. Didn't enjoy Windstruck as much as My Sassy Girl but it was still a fun film that is worth the look.
America will ruin it!!!
well i didnt think it was that great either but i thought i mentioned it because parts of it reminded me so much of my sassy girl stick out tongue
but her other movie was good. "Il marie" i think it was called stick out tongue

faradayslaw
Any movie starring Ha Ji-Wan is usually a good bet. I think she is probably the best actress out there.

hk_*^^*
no... jun-jee-hyun is a good actress.... cha-tae-hyun is a good actor 2.

hk_*^^*
plus i dun think the americans should remake my sassy girl, they r just going 2 ruin it

BakaXero
korean names are confusing
they spell so many different ways
cause i thought it was Jeon Ji Hyun

faradayslaw
Speaking of remakes, I read that Tom Cruise's production company has the rights to do an American version of "The Eye". For some reason, that worries me.

pinsleepe
I'd like to reccomend some of old Polish movies, they are really great, but unavailable outside my country unfortunately...

MildPossession
Recommend them, some people will be able to get hold of them.

pinsleepe
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4428067#post4428067

A link to my post in 'best funny foreign movie thread' wink

G.P
French films released in 2004 :

- Mondovino (though it's a French-Italian-American-Argentinian film) : about the wine today all over the days. The things at stake...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411674/

- A tout de suite, nice film in black and white about a Parisian wealthy girl that falls in love with a robber and get abandoned in Morocco while they escape...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407342/
http://www.cinemaguild.com/atoutdesuite/

- Rois et Reine : "Parallel storylines tell the current state of affairs for two ex-lovers: Nora's a single mother who comes to care for her terminally ill father; holed in up in mental ward, Ismael, a brilliant musician, plots his escape" (imdb)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0344273/

joco
Old italian movies are great. If you didn't seen "Before the rain" and "Dust"(Milcho Manchevski) See It!!

jeffer_wrote
right now i am into Asian cinema, so i will make a few recommendations....

Japanese.....Azumi and Azumi 2: Death or Love...about a little girl named Azumi who was plucked up and raised to be a sowrdsman assassin...then she and four others leave the mountain to carry out their mission to kill 3 warlords.....set in 19th century Japan

Casshern...another Japanese film, a debut by a director. Visually stunning, has got superhero-anime influences, and its themes range from religin, philosophy, science....amazing effects...and the lead actors aren't so bad either....

Nobody Knows. Great piece of acting from kids...and the 14-year-old lead won Best Actor in Cannes. How about that, eh? Great great great.

Korean....

My Sassy Girl
Windstruck
Il Mare
Joint Security Area
Taegukgi
Silmido
Musa (considered the BRAVEHEART of Asia...but I prefer this one over Mel Gibson's)
A Moment to Remember (this made me cry....better than THE NOTEBOOK!)

i have more....but let me go through all of them first....haha!

faradayslaw
GTO is a pretty good movie too. Not as good as the manga, but still good......

Fanboy
The best movies I reccomend if you are looking for action are Prodigal Son,Shanghai express or Millionaires express pedicab driver,New Police Story,House of flying daggers,Odd Couple and that is most of the movies I can remember now.

faradayslaw
New Police Story rock One of Jackie Chan's best movies!

MildPossession
Everything Jeffer recommended I recommend also, excellent list. Except A Moment To REmember, haven't seen that film yet.

The President's Last Bang is worth seeing also.

Kaleanae
Paradise Now

jaden101
bang rajan
das experiment
downfall
casshern
life is beautiful
versus

papabeard
Stalker
Dark Water
Double Vision
Haute tension
Base Moi
La Haine
IP5
Nightwatch
Man Bites Dog ( Belgian, Awesome Film)

Fanboy

Fanboy

Deano
kes
to sir with love

MildPossession
Full Time Killer is a cool movie.

thegreatrudini
Arahan
The Isle
Uzumaki
Azumi 1 & 2.
Eureka

Link
bad boy bubby

jaden101
natural city

thesilverspider
City of God a great movie...........yes

Storm

BackFire
Old Boy

Salo

Men Behind the Sun

Audition

A Very Long Engagement

Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood

Guinea Pig: Mermaid in the Manhole

Irreversible

I Stand Alone

MildPossession
Nice recommendations Storm.

Natural City I found boring in parts, big disappointment, same for Arahan.

jaden101
Originally posted by MildPossession

Natural City I found boring in parts, big disappointment, same for Arahan.

you thought so?

it wasn't quite as existentialist and weird as casshern but i still loved it

papabeard
City of Men ( Tv Show from the makers of City of God )

Gregory
City of Lost Children (French)

The Seventh Seal (no idea)

MildPossession
The Seventh Seal is a film from Sweden. Fabulous! Big Bergman fan here.

Koenig
Four great films.

DOWNFALL

DAS BOOT (THE BOAT)

STALINGRAD

NIKITA

papabeard
http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/product.aspx?R=658534

MPD - PSYCHO (Japanese Police TV Series/ Directed by Takashi Miike / Excellent )

R-Point ( Horror )
Shikoku ( Horror )http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/product.aspx?R=622203&in_merch=1&in_merch_title=More+like+this&in_merch_name=Shikoku

Takashi Miike Box Set http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/product.aspx?R=687633&bci=6|DVD

jaden101
i thouroughly recommend a belarussian war film called

come and see

its the greatest war movie ever...absolutely superb

DiamondBullets
Scary Movie 4 raver

badsymbiote
I thought "Versus" had potential--good story, great makeup and effects, but it was dubbed, and it was the worst dub ever--it was hard to endure and it really devalued the actors' performance. And it was a bit heavy on the martial arts. otherwise good.

"Ichi the Killer" is decent if you're into blood and dismemberment.

"Another Heaven" was interesting but kind of predictable, and I like "Infection".

For older movies I like the classic "Tora! Tora! Tora!" and "Shinichiro the Blind Swordsman"

I also thought "Irreversible" and "Das Boot" are worth mentioning again.

I'm sure someone has posted this already, but the Sundance channel features alot of foreign stuff and a different Asian film each Sunday night. Most of it is worth at least a look.

sasahxiong
what about series... can there be remakes of series too?... if yes... i have many suggestions... like "meteor garden ", "mars ", "devil beside you " love of the aegean sea ", "treasure venture ", "romance in the rain "... etc... but as for movies... i would recommend:
star runner
dragon squad
winstruck
love on a diet
chunhyang
crazy first love
the classic
wink

BakaXero
Originally posted by sasahxiong
what about series... can there be remakes of series too?... if yes... i have many suggestions... like "meteor garden ", "mars ", "devil beside you " love of the aegean sea ", "treasure venture ", "romance in the rain "... etc... but as for movies... i would recommend:
star runner
dragon squad
winstruck
love on a diet
chunhyang
crazy first love
the classic
wink
hmm.. amazing. i've actually seen most of those.

doubal
I would also recommend scary movie 4, the dvd comes out fairly soon (early next month), best one in the series too, if you like parody/ spoof comedy movies then you'll laugh your ass off.

jaden101
fighter in the wind

rotiart
The Classic (Korean) My girlfriend convinced me to watch it after owning it for like 5 months, and I'm glad I did.
Friends (Korean)

As far as asian movies go... if you wanna watch kungfu mixed with comedy... pretty much anything done by Stephen Chow is a winner.

SeverianB
Amalie is a French movie that is somewhat funny. Reccomended

SeverianB
I also liked The Chef and his Wife, and Tie Me up, Tie me down.

rotiart
Originally posted by sasahxiong
star runner
dragon squad
winstruck
love on a diet
chunhyang
crazy first love
the classic
wink

I highly agree with you on the classic...

I've heard a lot about windstruck and star runner, maybe i'll get those too... Have you see Friends (korean) its about 4 guys. Man it reminds me of my friends when i was growing up.

drewbiefan
Some of those arent really foreign.:P

jaden101
Originally posted by drewbiefan
Some of those arent really foreign.:P

guess it all depends on where you are from

MildPossession
He's from England and he is saying they are not foreign...

ADarksideJedi
Would the movie "Life is Beautiful" be consider one of these?It is in another lanuage and only have english subtitles!jm

yvonekarate
I would like to recommend the Norwegian film 'Elling'. I simply love it.

Regards, Yvonne

Phat J
hey i watched that jane eyre show the other day, it was pretty good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.