Palpatine vs ObiWan (both in ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
If Obi Wan goes to fight Palpatine instead of Anakin in ROTS, who would win?

eek!

Jack Daniels
As much as I hate it for Obi-Wan I dont think he would have been able to take Palps but when did Annie fight Palps in Rots? You been in Queeqs all night again havent ya Mist...lol...too much corellian ale!

Fishy
I think he means Yoda...

Anways seeing as Yoda can't do it Obi probably can't do it either... I'm giving this to sids

Mist
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
As much as I hate it for Obi-Wan I dont think he would have been able to take Palps but when did Annie fight Palps in Rots? You been in Queeqs all night again havent ya Mist...lol...too much corellian ale!

blink

who would win if obiwan had gone to fight palpatine, if obiwan didnt go to fight anakin on mustafar.

i mustve worded it wrong stick out tongue

(like if the duels were swapped or something...)

Fishy
Obi would be dead

Bobafetty
Palpatine

Nai Fohl
As Yoda himself said that Obi-Wan is not powerful enough to go fight Sidious that one goes to Sidious.

Boris
I say Obi....

Kun-ni Habeo
Palpatine wuld wast e him

Lord_Windu
While I do agree Palpatine would win, I also think Obi-Wan would hold his own against the dark lord. Obi-Wan was arguably one of the most powerful Jedi of the Old Jedi Order. IMO only Yoda and Mace are superior to Obi-Wan but not by too much. If Mace and Yoda can give Palpatine a run for his money why couldn't Obi-Wan?

Crazymaniac
if mace can handle palpatine, i say obi has a chance.

Bobafetty
you've got a point

Fishy
Originally posted by Lord_Windu
While I do agree Palpatine would win, I also think Obi-Wan would hold his own against the dark lord. Obi-Wan was arguably one of the most powerful Jedi of the Old Jedi Order. IMO only Yoda and Mace are superior to Obi-Wan but not by too much. If Mace and Yoda can give Palpatine a run for his money why couldn't Obi-Wan?

Oh he can give Sidious a run for his money, he can make Sidious wet his pants... I just don't see him winning this. Sidious is to powerful for him and eventually after a long fight Sidious would run away and throw the force at Obi taking him out, like Sidious did with Yoda...

sasee tiin
with his defensive form III of light saber fighting, i think the emperor should really have problems breaking through. But also remember, obi wan would be the one who had to hurry, clone troopers are on their way....Obi Wan would because of this have to be more offensive, which perhaps would cause him loose. At least i think so...

chewbacca II
i agree with fishy, to be fairobi would get raped in the ass by palpy i mean yoda couldn't finish him so i rele doubt obi could i reckon it'd be good fight but in the end obi would get owned

hoodedsith20
Palpatine would totally destroy obi. Yoda couldnt handle palp and he held back on purpose on Windu. Obi is good but not that good.

Darth Plagues
Originally posted by Fishy
I think he means Yoda...

Anways seeing as Yoda can't do it Obi probably can't do it either... I'm giving this to sids

Agree.

OB1-KeNinja
Sidious would win, but it won't be that easy. Obi-Wan is no pushover.

LordSorgo
If Mace just about killed Palpatine, than Obi Wan could do it.

Gryn Jabar
Obi-Wan was arguably one of the most powerful Jedi of the Old Jedi Order.
Nope. Sorry mate, but that's just not true. ALOT more Jedi were MUCH more powerful then Obi-Wan, he just tended to use his head more.

sasee tiin
can you please (not sarcastic) mention a lot of the Jedis who were much more powerful than Obi wan??

Lord_Windu
Even though Obi-Wan wasn't known for his power he is still very resourceful and wins a whole ton of fights due to his resourcefulness. I guess that was what I was trying to say.

Bobafetty
Obi isn't that rescourceful. He always needs Anikan to save his ass in ROTS and EU.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by sasee tiin
can you please (not sarcastic) mention a lot of the Jedis who were much more powerful than Obi wan??
All of them? As in pre & post Ruusan?
Anakin
Yoda
Mace
Kit Fisto
Plo Koon
Deep Bilba
Revan
Exar Kun
Ulic
Freedon
Tulak
Traya
Sion
Nihilus
Exile
Hoth
Atris
Vrook
Zhar
Bindo
Visas
Bastila
Dorak
Vodo-Siosk Baas
Luke
Qui-Jon
Sidious
Tyrannus
Malak
Ooroo

There's alot more, I just got lazy. Obi-Wan isn't that powerful, his main strength is to use cunning, which helps him ALOT.

Bobafetty
Um, First off half of those people arent even jedi. Second, Ankan, Qui gon, Bastilla, Kit Fisto, Atris and Vrook are not stronger then Obi. Although I agree that Obi isnt too great your still kinda over-exadurating here.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Kit Fisto
Plo Koon
Deep Bilba??

eh, no

Gryn Jabar
1)ALL those people are jedi or sith.
2) Anakin is more powerful. Anakin is also stupider. Guess what happens. Vrook, Atris, Fisto and Bastila would all kick the shit out of Obi-Wan.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
stupider is not a word. lol.

Gryn Jabar
Actually, it is:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stupider

Darth_DaNThEMaN
damnit......

im stupider than you.

-bows-

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Nope. Sorry mate, but that's just not true. ALOT more Jedi were MUCH more powerful then Obi-Wan, he just tended to use his head more.

That's quite funny. Obi Wan is incredibly powerful. And if all these Jedi were so much more powerful, why did they die?

And Obi Wan using his head is what makes him a great Jedi.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by LordSorgo
If Mace just about killed Palpatine, than Obi Wan could do it.

When will you guys understand that palp was only faking on that one?? jeesh

Darth_Rankkor
and plus. if dooku kicked twice, obi1's arse what makes you think he could win uncle palp? :P

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor

When will you understand he wasn't?

He Lost fair and square until Anakin showed up.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by LordSorgo
When will you understand he wasn't?

He Lost fair and square until Anakin showed up.

whatever

Lord_Windu
How exactly is Kti Fisto and Qui-Gon etc. stronger than Obi-Wan? As for Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, Anakin really didn't prove himself superior to Obi-Wan in lightsaber combat at all. They matched each other blade for blade. I saw no advantage for Anakin.

Darth L. Dipsit
I think Palpatine actually was putting on a show to snap Anakin into reality and let him make the conscious decision to become Vader. If Sidious had let him into it, he might have failed, and I think he knew it. I think, although Windu might have been able to win, that it was a staged fight. On this I agree with Darth Rankkor.

Gryn Jabar
How exactly is Kti Fisto and Qui-Gon etc. stronger than Obi-Wan? As for Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, Anakin really didn't prove himself superior to Obi-Wan in lightsaber combat at all. They matched each other blade for blade. I saw no advantage for Anakin.
I meant POWER wise. He had the potential to be great, and had much RAW power, but didn't know how to use it. Hence why Obi-Wan completely pwned him.
1) Fisto much stronger LS combat.
2) Old republic Jedi- More fighting& technique
3) True, obi-wan is great, but he can't stand against any smart and powerful jedi.

sasee tiin
do you think of physical strength?
That is the only way i possibly could agree with parts of your list, posted earlier.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
I think Palpatine actually was putting on a show to snap Anakin into reality and let him make the conscious decision to become Vader. If Sidious had let him into it, he might have failed, and I think he knew it. I think, although Windu might have been able to win, that it was a staged fight. On this I agree with Darth Rankkor.

Thanks. Mace, if the fight wasn't staged, could have hold his ground for a bit longer but eventually he would lose. BUT THIS IS NOT ABOUT PALP VS MACE. IT'S ABOUT OBI 1.... and obi1 would lose. no sweat for palp.

Dresta
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor

can't you understand that he wasn't ****ing faking it Mace just kicked his ass there is absolutely nothing to suggest that palps was holding back

Gryn Jabar
Except for the fact that Anakin seemed to be perfectly timed in terms of entrances, and that Sidious seemed to have alot more energy then his exhausted self would leave to believe.

Darth_Frobo
It's irrelevant whether he faked it against mace, if yoda couldn't take palps and he was a much better jedi then obi neither will obi palps would eventually just use the force to beat him as his saber skills compared to someone like mace are dirt poor.

JKBart
How the hell did this thread reach 3 pages?

Palpatine stomps beyond belief, /thread, what's more to say?

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by JKBart
Palpatine stomps beyond belief, /thread, what's more to say?

That you are a fuggot. There, now thread done.

relentless1
Obi has great defence when it comes to saver battles but he continually gets rag dolled by the Force as we saw with Dooku in ROTS, and we know Sidious is a Force master, even more so than Yoda... Sidious wins this without any difficulty tbh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.