Anakin and Padme's Marrige

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin_my_Luver
Has anyone ever thought of this? OK when Anakin and Padme first met they are on Tatooine, and Anakin is 9 and Padme is like 16ish. And then in Episode 2 they look the exact same age. And I know in Episode 3 they ARE the same age. Now when they met they were 7 years apart, I mean she is old and he is young, and then they get Married? I just don't understand???

Lazerlike42
They aren't the same age she is always seven years older, it's just that the noticeable difference between a 9 and a 16 year old is much greater than is the difference between a 19 and a 26 year old (though I believe it is 7/14 and 17/24, if it matters).

Texansfan05
Hey cool a June 2005 member I suddenly don't feel as new welcome AmL. I think Anakin did and didn't kill Padme I think she lost her will to live because of Anakin force choking her. But I don't think he is completely responsible for her death and the emporer was a A$$ for telling Anakin he killed Padme and then laughing about it.

Lazerlike42
He killed her will to live by turning and attacking her. He did not inflict physical injuries that killed her however.

Texansfan05
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
He killed her will to live by turning and attacking her. He did not inflict physical injuries that killed her however.

Exactly I agree!

Darth Kip
wrong the book says ani is 9 and padme is 13 so thats ok mesa thinks

Eleonora
Originally posted by Anakin_my_Luver
Has anyone ever thought of this? OK when Anakin and Padme first met they are on Tatooine, and Anakin is 9 and Padme is like 16ish. And then in Episode 2 they look the exact same age. And I know in Episode 3 they ARE the same age. Now when they met they were 7 years apart, I mean she is old and he is young, and then they get Married? I just don't understand???

Anakin is 10 and Padme is 14. That's 4 years apart roll eyes (sarcastic)
From the maker himself wink

Stunrun
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
They aren't the same age she is always seven years older, it's just that the noticeable difference between a 9 and a 16 year old is much greater than is the difference between a 19 and a 26 year old (though I believe it is 7/14 and 17/24, if it matters).

Padme's got 5 years on Anakin

i say he was 9 in TPM, whilst other people will say 10

adele2k5
hes 9 shes 14 years old GL even stated this, whats wrong with an age gap anyway me and my bf have 5 years between us.

astrofan428
Yeah always thought it was five years, though isnt Hayden older than Natalie? stick out tongue

As far as the poll, while I dont believe he physically brought about her death, I believe his turn as a whole was the reason she lost the will to live.

Anakin_my_Luver
Yeah I agree with Astrofan, and yes Hayden is older then Nalalie.
I am SO glad that I have people to talk to about Star Wars. IN my class I am the only girl who likes Star Wars so whenever I talk about nobody even cares, so I'm glad that I can talk to people here! Oh and I just got the Star Wars Episode 3 soundtrack. It's really cool!

Anakin_my_Luver
YAY! My new avatars work!!!

Darth Kip
so id still do natalie she is f-in hot

Eleonora
Originally posted by Stunrun
Padme's got 5 years on Anakin

i say he was 9 in TPM, whilst other people will say 10

Actually the age gap is 4 years. I remember GL saying it in an interview. He often changes the age... in some interviews he says 10, in others 9 and in others even 8 *lol* He's more confused than we are. However, I remember this specific thing about the 4 year gap 'cause it stayed with me, since I actually wanted Anakin to be older than Padme.

mace7386
Plus in Episode III whos gonna be able to tell the difference btw a 27 year old and a 23 year old cmon people

Anakin_my_Luver
Well yeah, but still

Joseph_Kerr
Complicated question. No, Anakin did not "physically" kill her. Padme chose to die.

Think about it. Padme is ultimately responsible for many if not thousands of deaths. It was Padme who insisted on going back to Naboo where hundreds of Gungans and Naboo died. All for what? For the whim of an old man who happens to be a sith. Not only that, but because of her, Qui-Gon was killed. If they did not go back to Naboo, he would never had died. He would of live and trained Anakin. Possibly saving Anakin from going the path of the darkside. It was Padme who gave Palpatine the door to become Supreme Chancellor. She probalbly has placed this war on her shoulder's when she saw the temple burning. If it wasn't for her and Anakin hiding on Naboo, maybe Anakin would of gotten to his mother in time to save her. If it wasn't for her giving into her love for Anakin, she would never had become pregnant which is the reason for Anakin to choose the dark side over the Jedi.

I could go on about this, but ultimately she could not live with herself. This war which was for nothing and the destruction of senate/jedi was based upon her decisions.

adele2k5
its not all padmes fault everyone was unaware that palpatine was the sith lord. also her people were dying and nothing was being done about it so she went to save her people,palpatine brainwashed her into thinking the chancellor was corrupt and he being the sentor of naboo she trusted him and listened to his advice. also couldnt you blame jar jar for his role in the courts. you could blame everyone that the point of the story.

Fishy
Am I the only that thinks its weird for a planet to make a 14 year old queen??

Darth_Otaku
No but it's probably cuz we're Dutch...

adele2k5
have you not seen/read history there have been kings as young as 12

Fishy
There have been kings as old as 3... they never ruled though uncle's often did that for them and then kicked them out when they became older... But thats not the point here now is it.

Naboo doesn't have a royal family they just choose a dictator for the next four years or so... what kind of planet would vote for a 14 year old? She's 14.... Imagine if she was in a funny mood "And from now on thursday will be pink bunny day, where everybody has to wear pink bunny clothes."

Hybris
lol , good point, I think Anakin was 8 years old and Padme 16 when they first met....

PS : Try spelling I MET

adele2k5
no she was 14 does it really matter its not real life and there has been kings as young as 12 that have ruled over england however died at a young age.

Darth_Otaku
Or the Last EMPEROR of China was three when he became Emperor.He died as a gardner...make's you think...

Fishy
Originally posted by adele2k5
no she was 14 does it really matter its not real life and there has been kings as young as 12 that have ruled over england however died at a young age.

Yes but they weren't voted into office... I just think Naboo is insane, for voting somebody of that age into office.

adele2k5
like i said its bloody starwars stop taking it out of context.

Red Superfly
Anakin saw boobies. Anakin wanted boobies. Anakin gets boobies.

Simple as that.

Anakin_my_Luver
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Anakin saw boobies. Anakin wanted boobies. Anakin gets boobies.

Simple as that.

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN???

Hybris
are you gay or female?

Anakin_my_Luver
im a female and whats it to u?

Yuxa
they were married and anakin did love padme. The dark force destroy their love.

Anakin_my_Luver
Is this true or not. If Anakin woudln't have gone to the dark side Padme would have lived? if that right or not?

R2D2-89
Originally posted by Darth_Otaku
Or the Last EMPEROR of China was three when he became Emperor.He died as a gardner...make's you think...

James took the throne of Scotland when he was only 15 months old, beofre he could even walk...

R2D2-89
oh, oops we'r not on that ne more...i think padme would have lived becoz she died becoz anakin truned to the dark side and she couldn take it or something...

Korbe Sonata
I wish that you could see what could've happened if Anikin hadn't frigin' chopped off Mace's hand and hadn't turn to the dark side..

Tulak Hord
Actually, to some of the posters, she says in AOTC that she wasn't the youngest queen ever elected. And to the one about the funny mood, she was raised with strict discipline and beauracratic (SP) teachings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.