Director quits X3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MysterioxX619Xx
What the hell is happening? Vaughn is now out of the film, but who can they find to take the director set with filming slated to start in only nine weeks. The only person that I have in mind is Joss Whedon who just finished up with Serenity. More news is to come in the next few days with the cast on Angel and the new director.

pr1983
oh f*ck no...

*btw x3 news thread...* embarrasment

Paola
I didn't even know about the existence of Vaughn! eek!

I'm such a looser depressed

pr1983
Originally posted by Paola

no your not... i was actually getting optimistic about him...

Jason Horan
Originally posted by Paola

You are a loser Pao but your my loser hug

Britrogue
I just got the news about Vaughn!!! How seriously pants is that? Whether they will admit to it or not, that is going to delay the film's production by quite a bit.
Damn, and I just rented out Layer Cake to have a look at his directing skills................ mad

Fionnuala
Wanker...what an absolute wanker....he was going to be so good..

pr1983
Originally posted by Fionnuala
Wanker...what an absolute wanker....he was going to be so good..

aisling... such language... stick out tongue

Fionnuala
Originally posted by pr1983
aisling... such language... stick out tongue stick out tongue ..it's appropriate..

pr1983
stick out tongue ..it's appropriate..

indeed... if you were a fishwife stick out tongue embarrasment

Fionnuala
indeed... if you were a fishwife stick out tongue embarrasment How do you know I'm not? shifty

ayjay
wats a fishwife? confused

MAAYN!..dat sux balls! WHY did he leave if he was so pumped to do it? WHY!

pr1983
How do you know I'm not? shifty

i know certain things... naughty

Fionnuala
i know certain things... naughty Of course you do..shifty ...don't worry..you can be my fishes wife anytime you want..stick out tongue

pr1983
Of course you do..shifty ...don't worry..you can be my fishes wife anytime you want..stick out tongue

sick

Fionnuala
sick laughing ..sorry..stick out tongue

ayjay
wats a fish wife ?? >__<

Fionnuala
ummm I think it is a fishermans wife..

ayjay
ahh...okie dokie....eeeeheheheheee....u're a FISHWIFE ^__^

pr1983
laughing ..sorry..stick out tongue

stick out tongue flirt

Originally posted by ayjay
wats a fish wife ?? >__<

the wife of a fisherman, curses like there's no tomorrow...

ayjay
hahahaha.....dats fi alryt....such a vulgar one she is...>__<

(^__^)

Fionnuala
hahahaha.....dats fi alryt....such a vulgar one she is...>__<

(^__^) Yes..I have such an utterly foul mouth roll eyes (sarcastic)

ayjay
hug

Fionnuala
hug laughing..hug

pr1983
Yes..I have such an utterly foul mouth roll eyes (sarcastic)

most of the time... embarrasment

Fionnuala
most of the time... embarrasment shock ..how rude....my mouth isn't that foul...most people like my mouth shifty

ayjay
hahaha o0o0o!!...i should have seen THAT one commin wink3

pr1983
shock ..how rude....my mouth isn't that foul...most people like my mouth shifty

i've never had any problem with it before... naughty

Fionnuala
hahaha o0o0o!!...i should have seen THAT one commin wink3 should have but didn't...stick out tongueOriginally posted by pr1983
i've never had any problem with it before... naughty ..don't I know it flirt1

pr1983
..don't I know it flirt1

damn straight you do... flirt

wozzy_the_dark
according to rotten tomatoes, Vaughn has quit directing X3. You reckon this might delay release of X3, or maybe change direction of film?

Mainstream
NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) can it be true???

wozzy_the_dark
yup it sure can

Mainstream
that might delay things a bit. do you know the site where this is discussed

Fionnuala
Here

Mainstream
they shall pay for this...so swears.....MAINSTREAMevillaugh

buffymitch
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20349

I think Fox puts to much pressure on these guys. Wasn't brian Singer taking some kind of drugs to keep him awake.
I was heart broken when Brian Singer left now they made Matthew vaughn also leave. He really got me excited the last few weeks with Kelsey Grammar as Beast but now i feel heartbroekn once more

Mainstream
so when Xmen 3 comes out in 2010...I hope it don't suck

Going-Rouge
Originally posted by Mainstream
so when Xmen 3 comes out in 2010...I hope it don't suck

2010?!?!? WTF!?! THAT LONG???

0_o wait, whats goning on??? I cant follow you guys,

buffymitch
Originally posted by Going-Rouge
2010?!?!? WTF!?! THAT LONG???

0_o wait, whats goning on??? I cant follow you guys,

no X3 is still being made. Avi Arad says that he still wants to start preduction on time. which means by the end of this month. But they have no director. He says it will be someone who was close to the project. most likely to be Joss Whedon. They will also announce who will be playing Angel. They have very litlle time find a director. if they want to releas this movie on time.

pr1983
Originally posted by buffymitch
no X3 is still being made. Avi Arad says that he still wants to start preduction on time. which means by the end of this month. But they have no director. He says it will be someone who was close to the project. most likely to be Joss Whedon. They will also announce who will be playing Angel. They have very litlle time find a director. if they want to releas this movie on time.

but they have to find a director who'll be willing to work with no input into the script or storyline...

Going-Rouge
Wow, That won't be hard, just place an add in the ""ANYTHING GOES"" section in the news papers all across the nation

buffymitch
ain't it cool news said it will be a tough week at the fox production company.

Going-Rouge
WELL OV COURSE, ::sacasam:: no it will be a walk in da park

mr.smiley
Yes!Joss Whendon.

but will Kelsey Grammar and vinnie Jones still
be in it? I hope so.

munkiesarus
Joss Whedon's got Wonder Woman to do...I think DC must have some sort of contract, right? And who can film too movies at once? Sure, its possible, but...hard.

And as for Matthew Vaughn leaving, shucks.

Maybe the new director will give us Emma Frost!

mr.smiley
I liked what vaughn was talking about.He was probably going to have some kick ass fight scenes.Most likely it will get deylayed until singer can come back and finish the thrid one.
I can't belive he left the film.FOX was probably bullying him into doing what they wanted.

munkiesarus
I doubt Singer will come back.

They need a new director.

Hey, War of the Worlds is done..let's get Steven Speilberg!

Or better, Tim Burton can pull a Batman Begins and make everything crazy...

Fionnuala
Originally posted by munkiesarus

Or better, Tim Burton can pull a Batman Begins and make everything crazy... laughing ..or they could team up and give us something totally new eek!

mr.smiley
Speilberg would be awesome.

Obviously,the people at Fox have got some problems.No one wants to direct this movie and I think it's because Fox wants their xmen movie.
That means wolverine,wovlerine,wolverine.What has Avi Arad said about all of this?

munkiesarus
Avi is cool...I love the Fabio-esque long hair.

Though grrrrppphhhh I want this movie done properly!

mr.smiley
Me too.
I hope they keep Grammar.

npmadman88
Jees... This is not good at all. Why would Vaughn do this to the film? Big deal, so your family would have to move for a year (which they wouldn't, only he would have to). But come on... Well, now who will be appointed? AND WHEN?!?

I hope they get someone fast, like, within a week, because this will delay it up a lot if they don't get someone. Just go for Joss Whedon! He's good! And plus, how much could he screw it up, really. He is good. He's brilliant with sci-fi, and he's full of ideas. Just get him! Or someone just as good, or better. COME ON! I just want to see this thing get going! Because once it does, there will be no stopping it, or topping it.

gls
this bites... >_<
btw,
has Wheadon directed before?

mr.smiley
Don't think so.

buffymitch
whedon hasn't directed really but he was one who did Buffy, Alien Ressurection and Event Horizon. he can do it I don't think Brian Singer will ever do X-men again. I think Vinnie and Kelsey will stay. i think they signed contracts. What i don't thin is that the script or story line will change no matter who comes as director. Avi Arad sound pretty "adamant" about that

mr.smiley
Why don't Avi Arad direct it?

Mai'Keth
Joss Whedon not only has done Buffy but he has also done Angel.
I guess hoping Matthew Vaughn doing a good job on X3 was just hoping for way too much. I hope they get a good director that will stay throughout the entire thing really soon.

BlackC@t
For **** shakes. They're always screwing things up with Xmen. X-2 came out two years ago and they've done shit all. It's time they get their act together.

This is why I love Spider-Man, Sam Raimi knows how to get a good job done quickly.

Nevermind
I didn't realise Grammer was goin' to be in X-men 3 until I read the article He would play the intellectual part of beast every well, I'm just worryin' about when he's goin' to have to fight. This will definitely he a big move by Grammer. Interesting and big.

LISA-J
What about richard donner being the new directer,he is married to the main producer;plus he did help produce x1-I think he'd be a good choice.

Mainstream
yeah Richard Donner would be a great choice....maybe the best.

Britrogue
Originally posted by munkiesarus

Or better, Tim Burton can pull a Batman Begins and make everything crazy...

Can't have Stephen Spielberg!!!! He's obsessed with happy endings, and if there's any hope of there being an X-4, this one can NOT have a happy ending. Can't see old Stevie doing anything that doesn't involve riding off into the sunset.

Mainstream
what are they doing drawing names out of a hat for who can direct X3?? I wonder if my name in the hat

pr1983
Originally posted by Britrogue
Can't have Stephen Spielberg!!!! He's obsessed with happy endings, and if there's any hope of there being an X-4, this one can NOT have a happy ending. Can't see old Stevie doing anything that doesn't involve riding off into the sunset.

I'm inclined to agree... although he did Saving Private Ryan and Amistad... he also did Minority Report... he does drama well, though Superheroes? i'm not so sure...

as for donner, his last decent movie was lethal weapon 4, which was seven years ago... i don't think he could do a dark theme...

I was actually optimistic about Vaughn, he seemed to want to up the action quota, which was what the x movies sorely needed...

My vote? Guillermo del Toro.. he did Blade II and Hellboy... he can do dark Superheroes well imo...

Stephen Norrington did Blade I, he could also be good...

Mainstream
we need more action...more team work in the X movies...I think they were trying to make the story too real..but I don't think they should go the colorful costume route though.

mr.smiley
With spielberg,we would probably get to see some awesome stuff.Fox wouldn't denie him a decent budget.With him,we would probably get to see astroid M and the Sentinals.

Mainstream
and Apocalypse, and the Phallanx..the techno aliens...if they go the alien road...I'd love to see the Phallanx..maybe they could make a big budget Generation X movie spin off.

Going-Rouge
If they do every thing the roumors say they will, that would cost millions, the only way to ensure that we see all the X-men enemys, is to go see the movies, and singel handedly make them a succes, so they'll be a next one!

Britrogue
I'm inclined to agree... although he did Saving Private Ryan and Amistad... he also did Minority Report... he does drama well, though Superheroes? i'm not so sure...

Wasn't Minority Report the one with Tom Cruise in it? If so, that had a hideously "happy" ending, those things that had been imprisoned their entire lives were suddenly living free in the hills. Oh yeah, like they'd be able to survive longer than a day on their own.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
Originally posted by Britrogue

Wasn't Minority Report the one with Tom Cruise in it? If so, that had a hideously "happy" ending, those things that had been imprisoned their entire lives were suddenly living free in the hills. Oh yeah, like they'd be able to survive longer than a day on their own.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing i didnt say it wasnt happy, but it was a solid sci fi movie...

Britrogue
I know, I really liked that film, but the end REALLY annoyed me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Spielberg fan (he bought us Indiana Jones!!!inlove )

munkiesarus
Tim Burton...stick out tongue

He'd probably end up casting Johnny Depp as Gambit.

Just kidding, so don't step on my tail!

But I really do LOVE Burton.

Hellboy was quite enjoyable. So was Blade II. That director would be good.

And for once, I DON'T want a nobody...I'm often saying "Ooh, let's get a sexy no one for Emma Frost" but even though nobody's turn up cult hits, the X-Men movies need a somebody.

Going-Rouge
I know how to find a good emma, set up a ritzy benift pary, and see which blond dose a bodyshot! I pure genious!

MysterioxX619Xx
Brett Ratner - I mean I did enjoy the Rush Hour films, but they were comedy, is he able to carry such a huge production film, I don't know to me he is a 50/50.

John Moore - I haven't seen one of his films that he has directed, and he has only directed six in the last fifteen years.

mr.smiley
Donner would be good for the whole team battles,but other than that it would just go bad.

pr1983
Originally posted by MysterioxX619Xx
Brett Ratner - I mean I did enjoy the Rush Hour films, but they were comedy, is he able to carry such a huge production film, I don't know to me he is a 50/50.

John Moore - I haven't seen one of his films that he has directed, and he has only directed six in the last fifteen years.

ive seen "behind enemy lines" it aint bad...

ratner as you said is so/so...

i think once they keep vaughns script, then we should be fine...

Going-Rouge
Whats with all the war movies that these directors did? am I the only one that notices this???

mr.smiley
I kind of hate war movies.

MysterioxX619Xx
Yeah as long as they don't change the script it should be alright.

mr.smiley
We got Juggernaut!

and Beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fionnuala
Why did he have to go? weep

Going-Rouge
The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away

Mainstream
Why did he have to go? weep

he missed his family...but why didn't they just come with him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.