I consider EU to be Canon...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Leafar
I consider EU to be Canon...as long it doesn't change any of the six episodes, then I accept it as canon. I know a lot of you out there do not accept EU as canon, but I must respectfully disagree. I think the Expanded Universe makes the Star Wars episodes more interesting, and to just dismiss it is wrong. In my opinion, Boga Fett is alive and well.

TraptUnderIce
Originally posted by Leafar
I think the Expanded Universe makes the Star Wars episodes more interesting, and to just dismiss it is wrong. They add more to an already great storyline. They are just additional stories surrounding the original characters. It's a big galaxy and they're important people they are bound to get into more adventure than just the original adventure.

DCLXVI
I concur with your thoughts that it deepens and widens the entire SW Universe, but by no means is the EU in any way "canon" to the SW Universe and storyline.

Lucas could go write up an episode for the proposed new SW show, and in one episode, completely destroy the EU's validity, if he so wished.

LordSorgo
I consider EU to be Canon...as long it doesn't change any of the six episodes, then I accept it as canon. I know a lot of you out there do not accept EU as canon, but I must respectfully disagree. I think the Expanded Universe makes the Star Wars episodes more interesting, and to just dismiss it is wrong. In my opinion, Boga Fett is alive and well.

Yeah, Boba Fett is alive and well. If the EU says he is, then he is.

darth-yoda
i havent read or played much eu just kotor but i love it it adds depth to a alrady great story line im lookin 2 get more into the eu though

Leafar
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Yeah, Boba Fett is alive and well. If the EU says he is, then he is.

I am glad that you agree with me.

LordSorgo
I am glad that you agree with me.

Boba NEVA dies. He is too dangerous to die.

starwarsfreak34
I concure. the EU is absolute canon. to say so otherwise is completely wrong an GL would never ruin that for us. Fett is alive an well, than mandalorians are returning and the EU lives on in the books comic and games.

LONG LIVE THE EU!!
LONG LIVE THE GALACTIC FEDERATION OF FREE ALLIANCES!!
LONG LIVE THRAWN!!
LONG LIVE PELLAEON!!
LONG LIVE THE FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Ridah
yeah right Boba went out like a punk in ROTJ, & I think he is still alive, (getting digested for 1000 years) what a sucka,

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
I concure. the EU is absolute canon. to say so otherwise is completely wrong an GL would never ruin that for us. Fett is alive an well, than mandalorians are returning and the EU lives on in the books comic and games.
Aren't they seperate continuities though? In the EU, which takes a back seat to the movies, Fett did live but movie Fett is dead. Isn't that how it goes.

Fishy
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Aren't they seperate continuities though? In the EU, which takes a back seat to the movies, Fett did live but movie Fett is dead. Isn't that how it goes.

EU is cannon as long as it doesn't contradict the movies... Because you don't actually see Boba die in the original ROTJ he could have lived in the EU nothing wrong about it. In the re-released versions its kinda strange but okay.

They are not seperate things, the EU just adds to the history and the future of Star Wars. As long as it doesn't say Luke was a girl and Han and Leia died in ROTJ then its cannon (well it can say more things that contradict the movie, but you probably understand what I'm saying). Personally I consider all EU to be as important as the movies, if not more so.. Just not when it contradicts the movies it was based on.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Fishy
EU is cannon as long as it doesn't contradict the movies... Because you don't actually see Boba die in the original ROTJ he could have lived in the EU nothing wrong about it. In the re-released versions its kinda strange but okay.

They are not seperate things, the EU just adds to the history and the future of Star Wars. As long as it doesn't say Luke was a girl and Han and Leia died in ROTJ then its cannon (well it can say more things that contradict the movie, but you probably understand what I'm saying). Personally I consider all EU to be as important as the movies, if not more so.. Just not when it contradicts the movies it was based on.
That's not really how canon works. Whether it contradicts or not, material must be "blessed" to be considered canon. It's not up to the fans to decide what is canon or not.

Fishy
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
That's not really how canon works. Whether it contradicts or not, material must be "blessed" to be considered canon. It's not up to the fans to decide what is canon or not.

As long as it doesn't contradicts the movies its cannon

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Fishy
As long as it doesn't contradicts the movies its cannon
I just read up on how it goes. It seems to all be canon but, to parody the line from Real Genius, it goes from George, to movies, to books/maybe comics, to games as to what's more canon than what.

starwarsfreak34
the books all follow one large plot. what happens in one affects others. the books FOLLOW on from the films. also long as they don't contradict the films, fine. the film only SUGGESTS fett dies, the books follw the story on and it turns out he survive, we hear nothing from him for many years than BAM, he turns up to save Han's butt. no contradiction there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.