Movvie dudes riot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kun-ni Habeo
Darth Sidious
Darth Tyranus
Darth Vader(suit)
Darth Maul
GG(i know he isnt a sith but hes a badguy)

vs.

Yoda
Mace Windu
Obi wan
rotj Luke
Qui Gon Jinn

Darth L. Dipsit
Excellent!

I think Yoda could take Sidious all alone and Mace could take Dooku. ROTS (I'm assuming that this is ROTS because of the thread title) Obi-Wan Kenobi is a better swordsman, albeit perhaps not as powerful as, Darth Vader, I think. And I know people will probably disagree with this, but I think ROTJ Luke could take Maul. It just seems like, since he beat Vader and proves to have a strength of will beyond Vader, Dooku, and probably Maul, that he could pull it off. Besides, I think that an OT Vader vs. Maul thread was done by the Dragon guy (The Mask) and everyone agreed that Vader would win. Thus, I think, since ROTJ can take OT Vader, he can take Maul. Between Jinn and Grievous, I'm not sure, but I do think that Windu would defeat Dooku before Jinn was killed (the fight might not be easy, but I think Jinn would be alive by the time Windu prevailed). Thus, I think Mace and Jinn would defeat Grievous together. The Jedi might be able to do this without casualty. However, that's only if I am right, which it is quite possible I am not, and if they fight the opponents I designated.

Great job, Habeo! It seems that we are back on track with the SW threads!

Fishy
Originally posted by Kun-ni Habeo
Darth Sidious
Darth Tyranus
Darth Vader(suit)
Darth Maul
GG(i know he isnt a sith but hes a badguy)

vs.

Yoda
Mace Windu
Obi wan
rotj Luke
Qui Gon Jinn

Yoda takes Sidious
Mace takes Dooku, i know he lost from Dooku but that was 13 years ago in Rots, and Mace became better while Dooku was stagnant
Luke takes Vader like seen in the movies, by ROTJ Luke wins because Vader doesn't want to fight
Obi takes Maul
QGJ loses from GG

Then its Yoda, Sidious, Luke and Obi against GG... GG is dead

Jedi win

Kun-ni Habeo
thnx guys and Dipsit too i just felt we need a Star Wars thread here

Lord_Windu
Pretty good thread. I think Fishy's analysis is correct.

Kun-ni Habeo
i agree too but i wuld like to discuss GG vs. Qui
maybe Jinn wuld be able to kill him

Bobafetty
Darth Sidious vs. Yoda- Darth Sidious
Darth Tyranus vs. Mace Windu- I'd say Tyranus because he has more experience.
Darth Vader vs. Obi wan- Vader only if he faught ANH Obi wan.
Darth Maul vs. Luke- Luke no compition
GG vs. Qui gon- I'd have to GG.

That leaves most of the Sith vs. Luke. The sith would outnumber Luke and slaughter him.

Kun-ni Habeo
i dont agree bobafetty

Wickerman
Originally posted by Bobafetty
Darth Sidious vs. Yoda- Darth Sidious
Darth Tyranus vs. Mace Windu- I'd say Tyranus because he has more experience.
Darth Vader vs. Obi wan- Vader only if he faught ANH Obi wan.
Darth Maul vs. Luke- Luke no compition
GG vs. Qui gon- I'd have to GG.

That leaves most of the Sith vs. Luke. The sith would outnumber Luke and slaughter him.

i disagree. I see it like this:

Darth sidious vs. yoda - stalemate
Darth Tyranus vs. Mace Windu - most definitely Windu
Vader vs. Obi-Wan, depends. If it's both from RoTS it's clear that obi-wan wins. If it's from ANH it's pretty clear that Vader wins. You have to be more specific.

Darth Maul vs. Luke - Luke without a shadow of a doubt.
GG vs. Qui-Gon - as much as i hate to say it i'm pretty sure GG wins.

So that leaves us with 2 options:

Sidious vs. Yoda - stalemate
Luke vs. ANH Vader - Luke as seen
Windu vs. GG - Windu as seen in clone wars when GG has to escape.

After this it's Yoda + Luke + Windu vs. Sidious. Sorry but the Emperor is going down.

2. Sidious vs. Yoda - stalemate
Windu vs. GG - Windu
Luke and Obi assist Yoda and it turns to

Yoda + Luke + Windu + Obi-wan vs. Sidious. even worse off for the Emperor.

So from this we deduce that if it's ANH Vader the Sith have a better chance, but still a small one, and if it's RoTS Vader they.don't.have.a.chance. wink

~wickerman~

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Sidious takes Yoda---again
Mace takes dooku---Vapaad
Maul owns qui-gon---again
Obi owns GG---again
Vader owns Luke--cuz this time he wants to

round 2
Sidious owns MAce--cuz he has no one he wants to recruit
ROTS Obi (im guessing) takes MAul---*sniffle*

then its vader and Sidious vs obi wan, and i regret to infrom that....obi loses

even though sith lords are his specialty(coolest movie line ever spoken IMO)

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
Sidious takes Yoda---again
Mace takes dooku---Vapaad
Maul owns qui-gon---again
Obi owns GG---again
Vader owns Luke--cuz this time he wants to

round 2
Sidious owns MAce--cuz he has no one he wants to recruit
ROTS Obi (im guessing) takes MAul---*sniffle*

then its vader and Sidious vs obi wan, and i regret to infrom that....obi loses

even though sith lords are his specialty(coolest movie line ever spoken IMO)

So....i disagree with this.
You're saying that Sidious takes Yoda, which i disagree. I figure it's a stalemate until someone else jumps in to help one side.

And Vader owning Luke cause he wants to??????
So the words "Then....you..will...DIE" mean nothing huh?

~wickerman~

Kun-ni Habeo
sidious didnt beat yoda

Lord_Windu
In ROTS Sidious did not prove himself superior to Yoda in any way. Whatever Sidious could throw at Yoda, Yoda could throw right back.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Lord_Windu
In ROTS Sidious did not prove himself superior to Yoda in any way. Whatever Sidious could throw at Yoda, Yoda could throw right back.

Exactly why i say they'd stalemate. Doesn't really matter who'd get the upper hand in long combat because by then someone would win (jedi or sith) and help one out.

~wickerman~

Bobafetty
Originally posted by Kun-ni Habeo
sidious didnt beat yoda
Yes he did.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
sidious owned yoda, and if vader wanted to kill luke in ROTJ it would have been done.

http://www.2084.org/starwars/ownedami.jpg

Wickerman
sidious owned yoda, and if vader wanted to kill luke in ROTJ it would have been done.

So you're mind reading Vader's intent? Cause he did say "Then you shall die" right? So that was just a clever way of saying "I'm gonna pretend to wanna kill you but really i don't" ?

~wickerman~

Fishy
Originally posted by Wickerman
So you're mind reading Vader's intent? Cause he did say "Then you shall die" right? So that was just a clever way of saying "I'm gonna pretend to wanna kill you but really i don't" ?

~wickerman~

Vader really did not want to kill Luke..

When he sends Luke to the Death Star from Endor he just stands there after everybody is gone looking into the sky, probably thinking about what he did. He could have killed Luke a few times in that fight never did. In bespin he threw force power after force power at Luke. In the Death Star he did nothing like that

Kun-ni Habeo
fu*c u Dan u know sids didnt own yoda

Bobafetty
Yes he did. He kicked his ass. Why else did Yoda book it and retreat to that giant peice of slime people call a planet.

Lord_Windu
funny how everyone looks at the very last bit of the fight and decide to throw away everthing else that happened. Yoda could counter everything Sidious threw at him. throughout the whole fight, Sidious was running away from Yoda like a coward, keeping a distance from the little green guy. I certainly don't call that total ownage on Sidious part. If Sidious were leagues above Yoda, then why didn't Sidious just destroy him in the blink of an eye?

Darth_DaNThEMaN
i have a better question.

if yoda was better, and could easily have taken sidious. Then why didnt he? why did he run like a coward? why did he admit to failing?

ahem, kicked, his as$ was.

Darth L. Dipsit
I think Yoda thought he could beat Sidious, but that there was a fair risk of his death, and if he died, then Luke would fail. Thus, Yoda decided not to risk his death simply because the consequences were too great. The fight was going nowhere, and I think he planned for it. I think Yoda was already planning for Padme's children to overthrow the Emperor, and his death would spoil everything. Remember, he planned just in case the fight grew too real and the risk grew too great:

"Precise timing we need." The escape was premeditated, so he knew he might need to leave once he saw how probable his death was. This doesn't mean that he really lost. Sidious certainly wasn't going to run away, and anyways, in summation, the fight was going nowhere. This is merely my opinion, but I'm also subjective on this matter.

Bobafetty
What is this thread for?

Darth L. Dipsit
It was made to get back on track with the Star Wars threads, as it was right after all those Darth Crazo and radiopaul threads - this was to get back to SW and off of the topic of Crazo, radiopaul, paola, and Wierdo. It was a very diplomatic effort on Habeo's part. Is that what you meant by that question?

Bobafetty
yes, thank you.

Kun-ni Habeo
thank you Dipsit,but anyway to get back to the thread sids didn't own yoda and never culd,yoda ran away because his saber was destroyed

Lord_Windu
i have a better question.

if yoda was better, and could easily have taken sidious. Then why didnt he? why did he run like a coward? why did he admit to failing?

ahem, kicked, his as$ was.

Did I ever say Yoda was better? Did I ever say Yoda could easily take Sidious? I'm just saying Yoda proved to be one hell of a match for Sidious. Yoda ran because he fell to the bottom of the chamber. When the lightning exploded, Yoda was standing at the edge of the pod, Sidious was standing in the middle. Yoda flew right off, Sidious was able to grab on to the pod. Indeed Sidious won in the sense that Yoda failed to kill him, but Sidious isn't leagues above Yoda.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Sidious won. Plain and simple.

Bobafetty
true.

Lord_Windu
True. But who says the winner has to be leagues above the loser?

DarthCrazo
Sids did not win. A win would mean a kill.

Lord_Windu
Not necessarily. Dooku defeated Obi-Wan in AOTC, and Obi-Wan didn't die.

Emperor Revan
I agree with Lord Windu, Yoda knocked Sidious on his butt with telekinesis, and pushed Sid's lightning back in his face with his bare hands.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
I never said he was extremely more powerful than Yoda......but more powerful enough to get the job done. Which he did.

Kun-ni Habeo
ure Dumb jack u saw the movie right?yoda blocked his lightnings with his BARE hands!and also owned him big time

Fishy
Yoda didn't own him big time, I do think Yoda is more powerful the movie pretty much showed but that Sidious was more powerful. But not all that much. Yoda and Sidious still had a great fight, and Sidious won by choosing the more strategic location.

Lord_Windu
I'm pretty sure Lucas would say they are evenly matched because look at it. Whatever Sidious could throw at Yoda, Yoda could throw back. Their lightsaber duel was awesome, and both of them survived the fight without sustaining any significant damage physically.

Fishy
Well the reason I think Yoda is more powerful is because he had the worst location and had to defend himself and he still threw it back. Like with that pod for instance, throwing a 50 kilo bag at somebody isn't that hard. For that somebody to catch it and then throw it back right away, now thats hard.

Lord_Windu
I see your point.

Nai Fohl
Sidious "won" against Yoda because he had the better position all the time.

- during lightsaber combat he had the middle of the pod while Yoda had to jump around outside
- when they are throwing things on each other he had the higher ground on his side
- when the "explosion" happens because Yoda throws back all his force lightning he again is in the better position.

When they both would fight on a normal ground, Yoda will kick Sidious ass in lightsaber combat, since he had 10 times Sidious lifetime to practice with that weapon.

HimoKun
Cuz he was hurt from Sidious' pansy move.

Kun-ni Habeo
+Yoda has the bette mastery of the Force

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Sidious won, because he's better! if yoda was better and/or smarter, he would have done whatever sids did to win. The fact is, he didnt. he lost the fight, get over it. He's tossin senate pods at yoda like theyre pebbles. yoda struggles with ONE. yeah, that shows how powerful yoda is.....so he blocked the lightning...big deal. even if they both landed in the same spot, sidious would have continued to own yoda.

Lord_Windu
It's always tougher to catch something, redirect it, and throw it back than simply throw it.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Ok, well, all that throwing didnt seem to get him the win did it?

im not impressed.

Lord_Windu
Who says it had to make him win?

Darth_DaNThEMaN
no one, obviously, because he lost.

Fishy
Of course he lost, otherwise the rest of the movies couldn't be made.

But winning does not always make you better. 300 spartans stopped a million persians.. Were they better in fighting those persians one on one, yes... Would they have been able to destroy as much as those persians could? No. Winning means nothing, the fight is what matters.

And everything Sidious threw at Yoda was returned in his face, and Sidious was the one that ran away in the beginning and then in the second part of their fight made sure he got the high ground. Sidious realised damn well he couldn't win from Yoda in a fair fight. Yoda wanted a fair fight otherwise he would have done what Sidious did.

Darth Sakul
Listen, people, you have to understand something about these "versus" posts. First, the original Star Wars films, although better movies than the prequals, just didn't have the refined level of choreography as the prequeals. So, of course, the prequal characters seem to be better fighters, even though that might not be true of the characters. Second, physically Darth Vader retains Anakin's skills, except that his strength has been enhanced many-fold, even if some of his movement is sacrified. Third, and most important, Anakin had not yet been trained in the Dark Side. Once trained in the Dark Side, which is probably more lethal in terms of its fighting prowess than the light side (witness Palpatine's ability to dispatch three Jedi masters in no time at all), Darth Vader would be a lethal foe to any jedi or Sith lord alike. He does, after all, have midichlorian levels beyond any other Force user (even Yoda, ugh I can't believe I had to reference midichlorians to make my point!). If Anakin the Jedi Knight can defeat Darth Tyranus without any training in the Dark Side, surely Darth Vader, Lord of the Sith, would do away with Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, and Obi Wan without thinking twice. The force lightening that many assume would do away with his circuitry may well be displaced as easily as a blaster bolt from Han Solo's revolver (as in the dinner scene in ESB). Yoda displaced a dark-side bolt, and I am sure that the Lord of the Sith and the Jedi prophecy could do the same. Vader was only affected by Palpatine's bolt in ROJ because he came into physical contact with the Emperor and took his body upon his person, and thus could not deflect the lightening. The point is that you all forget even Palpatine's comment to Yoda in ROS, that Vader would become even more powerful than Palpatine. There shouldn't be any question but that Darth Vader is the most powerful Sith lord in its long history.

Null ARC Avis
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU NECROMANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Advent
Originally posted by Darth Sakul
The force lightening that many assume would do away with his circuitry may well be displaced as easily as a blaster bolt from Han Solo's revolver (as in the dinner scene in ESB).

Except for the fact that the Revenge of the Sith Visual Dictionary states exactly that Darth Vader can neither conjur nor repel Force lightning as it requires living hands to do so. Darth Vader has artificial arms, ergo he cannot stop Force lightning with merely his hands a la ESB.

So, because Yoda can, Vader can as well? Considering Yoda is more proficient in the Force than Vader, I'd surmise not. At least taking it from the premise you are (that a post-suit Vader can because Yoda can). Though, I would concede that if Vader hadn't been strewn across the banks of Mustafar, he'd be able to do the same with his left arm.

Too bad for our beloved Vader, that he indeed, has artificial hands and thusly is unable to repel Force lightning in that manner. Perhaps, though, he could with his lightsaber as shown by Kenobi in AOTC, but to assume he can do it with his hands is not only an unsupported assumption, it's blatantly overwritten by the fact he is stated not to be able to.

This is irrelevant to the fact that without a lightsaber he has no chance of blocking Force lightning.

Now, let's take that quote:

"Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us!" (Revenge of the Sith movie)

Anyone who's passed third grade English class would know that "will become" is future tense. What happened, however, was that he lost that potential after the duel on Mustafar. If you will recall the scene where Darth Vader is left severely burned and missing about three limbs (aside from his already missing arm). After that specific point in time, Vader lost the potential to become more powerful than Yoda and Sidious, hell - the potential to become the most powerful ever.

So, as you can clearly see, Palpatine's comment is tantamount to jack shit other than his potential, which as stated, was lost.

This is trumped by the fact quite a few Sith Lords prior to Vader's time would plainly best him, and are more powerful than Vader (such as Exar Kun, Darth Bane, Darth Revan) and Palpatine, even during ROTS, is capable of taking out Vader. Jacen Solo will undoubtedly be able to take Vader, as well.

This is also toppled by the fact that we already know Sidious > Vader, not only by pure logic, feat wars into context, and etc., but by Lucas' own word:

"He tries it with anybody he thinks might be more powerful, which is what the Emperor was looking for in the first place: somebody who would be more powerful than he was and could help him rule the universe. But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor-- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that."

-- George Lucas, Rolling Stones, June 2, 2005.

And to make it simple: Lucas' word is law, ergo Vader is definitely not the most powerful, and not the second most powerful either, nor third.

Blax X
Darth Sakul, you smell like a sock. Can someone check him?

Nine-Tail Fox
I SHALL REPORT

Nine-Tail Fox
SOMEBODY

Ogami Itto
quote:
This is trumped by the fact quite a few Sith Lords prior to Vader's time would plainly best him, and are more powerful than Vader (such as Exar Kun, Darth Bane, Darth Revan) and Palpatine, even during ROTS, is capable of taking out Vader. Jacen Solo will undoubtedly be able to take Vader, as well.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud what a load of poppycock!!

if ur so keen on Lucas's opinion think about this:

if u asked gl whos more powerful, Vader or Exar Kun who do you think the Flannelman would say wins???Kun?? Pfft

ask the same question but with bane or revan or jacen "im a loser"solo

ergo (kfc colonel matrix time laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud ) Vader Pwns (except vs palps vader or obi 1)!!!

Nine-Tail Fox
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
quote:

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud what a load of poppycock!!

if ur so keen on Lucas's opinion think about this:

if u asked gl whos more powerful, Vader or Exar Kun who do you think the Flannelman would say wins???Kun?? Pfft

ask the same question but with bane or revan or jacen "im a loser"solo

ergo (kfc colonel matrix time laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud ) Vader Pwns (except vs palps vader or obi 1)!!! spam_laser WTF???

Advent
what a load of poppycock!!

Please, never address me if you cannot use proper grammar, and if you are incapable of formatting your sentences in a way that can be read.

So "keen"? Ahem, but Lucas' word is law, check our canon policies, pal. Whatever he says, goes. Simple as that.

Do you have proof that he would actually say Vader? Let alone the fact that he tends not to get directly involved with the EU, he's stated that the Expanded Universe is like a different "realm" than te movies.

And not that this matters, if Lucas said Vader was more powerful than Exar Kun - it would be so. He hasn't, and you of all people cannot voice his thoughts. And anyways, as stated by Dan Wallace LFL never intends to publish "power charts" such as in terms of versus matches.

And this is tantamount to jack shit because you can neither voice Lucas' opinion nor imply an answer. Why? It's a logical fallacy in the way that you're using it.

Therefore, you are an idiot, and have wasted not only your time, but mine as well as I had to respond to this horribly written, and unsupported assumption ridden "rebuttal" (I put it in quotes considering this is far from a general accepted reply).

Ogami Itto
hohoho how thick can an american be?? that smilie and words pretty much sums it up laughing out loud laughing out loud
Blow the place up THEN say WTF????OMG!!droool11!

What i meant was if u asked Lucas (whos word is PURE canon) he would say Vader could pwn ALL these EU characters no matter what the authors who created them say

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by Advent
Please, never address me if you cannot use proper grammar, and if you are incapable of formatting your sentences in a way that can be read.

So "keen"? Ahem, but Lucas' word is law, check our canon policies, pal. Whatever he says, goes. Simple as that.

Do you have proof that he would actually say Vader? Let alone the fact that he tends not to get directly involved with the EU, he's stated that the Expanded Universe is like a different "realm" than te movies.

And not that this matters, if Lucas said Vader was more powerful than Exar Kun - it would be so. He hasn't, and you of all people cannot voice his thoughts. And anyways, as stated by Dan Wallace LFL never intends to publish "power charts" such as in terms of versus matches.

And this is tantamount to jack shit because you can neither voice Lucas' opinion nor imply an answer. Why? It's a logical fallacy in the way that you're using it.

Therefore, you are an idiot, and have wasted not only your time, but mine as well as I had to respond to this horribly written, and unsupported assumption ridden "rebuttal" (I put it in quotes considering this is far from a general accepted reply).

Ohh sassy u got issues OMG!!!!

Nine-Tail Fox
r u asian

Advent
hohoho how thick can an american be?? that smilie and words pretty much sums it up laughing out loud laughing out loud
Blow the place up THEN say WTF????OMG!!droool11!

1.) What the hell are you talking about? Better question: what are you smoking? Because I'd like some.

2.) If you are calling me an American, you're obviously incorrect unless by some twist of fate, my father isn't Japanese, and my mother isn't either. Clearly, though, I am not an American. Nothing is like the feeling of jumping the gun and being wrong, eh?

Again, prove it. You are blatantly voicing Lucas' opinion on a subject that he more than likely would not give one on.

Ogami Itto
so like yeh HOHO i wasn't even referring to you laughing out loud laughing out loud

If u really believe lucas would side with Exar Kun in a battle with Vader then I give up

Advent
If u really believe lucas would side with Exar Kun in a battle with Vader then I give up

Probably not, but you fail to realize not only is there appeal to probability for that subject (meaning to state such is a fallacy), but it's a subject that Lucas would more than likely never reference or talk about. I doubt he'd say "Vader > Jacen Solo" anyways, but then again - it doesn't matter.

If Lucas said Vader > Kun, or Vader > The Universe, then it would be so. Since he has not stated this, nor even will - the point you are trying to make thus holds no water.

Ogami Itto
can u hear that???? That is the sound of someone desperately clutching at straws laughing out loud laughing out loud

search ur feelings u KNOW what Lucas would say

Advent
You are truly the epitome of idiocy, Ogami.

Ogami Itto
Merci bucket!!! cool

How about a date, Advent??? ur fancy big words turn me ondroolio

Nine-Tail Fox
Merci bucket!!! cool

How about a date, Advent??? ur fancy big words turn me ondroolio Hmm...
An old witch, a dwarf and Ogami Itto stand before the Mirror of Truth. Everybody that tells a lie in front of the mirror gets obliterated immediatly.

Old Witch: "I think I'm the most beautiful woman in the world" *zap* she's gone
Dwarf: "I think I'm the greatest person in the world" *zap* he's gone.
Ogami Itto: "I think" *zap*

Back to the topic: Yoda will most likely win this.

Nine-Tail Fox
BTW she only dates Moderators or people with dixs bigger than 7 inches long and 4 inches in circumference(you have no dick)

Ogami Itto
Advent you size queen!!!!!! laughing out loud

Blax X
This is sexual harassment to the highest degree no expression

Besides, everyone knows that the only way your penis can be that large is if you're black, which, I happen to be...

naughty

Darth Kreiger
Whats with bringing back all these dead threads?

Anyways, I say the Sith win

Oh shit! Advent is RETIRED?!?!?!? bawling hang

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Blax X
This is sexual harassment to the highest degree no expression

Besides, everyone knows that the only way your penis can be that large is if you're black, which, I happen to be...

naughty

well thats one sterotype i've broken....i'm white and have...well that doesnt matter, lol...

Blax X
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Whats with bringing back all these dead threads?

Anyways, I say the Sith win

Oh shit! Advent is RETIRED?!?!?!? bawling hang

No, she just says that.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
well thats one sterotype i've broken....i'm white and have...well that doesnt matter, lol...

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.