What do gothics belive in?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XxoooxX
Do gothic people worship the devil? That would be stuped, stopid to worship god to.

debbiejo
Don't know about Gothics...FYI...the devil is only a made up character.

XxoooxX
Ya

sonnet
Originally posted by debbiejo
Don't know about Gothics...FYI...the devil is only a made up character.

Satanism is not made up. It is very real just as Satan is!

sonnet
Originally posted by XxoooxX
Do gothic people worship the devil? That would be stuped, stopid to worship god to.

I guess according to you the world is full of stupid people and you are one of few who are not. Great. big grin

debbiejo
Originally posted by sonnet

People practicing satanism doesn't make him real...Satan/devil was created in 150 AD by Justin Martyr. He added al the torment thing...The Jews being God original people DO NOT BELIEVE IN A SATAN...That idea came from paganism.

jnr hiphop

Dont you find it a little offensive saying that its stupid to worship god? its what people believe.. if you think its stupid.. then keep that useless info to yourself.. i bet peope that worship god think that people like you are stupid..

mr.smiley

Satan means adversary.Satanist don't belive in a God or Devil,they belive in returing what has been done to you.Which most people are like that anyway,so it' kind of scary when you think about it.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Satan means adversary.Satanist don't belive in a God or Devil,they belive in returing what has been done to you.Which most people are like that anyway,so it' kind of scary when you think about it.

That's not very true. Satanists very much recognize a God and a Christ. They even recognize an end and a final justice. Infact they have even admited to being on the losing side. The only reason there staying, is Satan promises a little less tourment the more sould you drag down with you. I know this, not because I was once a Satanist, but a friend of mine was. And I say friend because he is now a devout Catholic knowing what the shorter end of the stick is like...

jnr hiphop
Well.. im not a really smart guy.. but i think youre right.. i think they decide to go to satan's side.. the thing is.. most of the so called 'satanists' are just try hards that try and act all gothic and write lame lil stuff on their fingers and that.. srsly.. there's so many people that try to be satanic.. they just want to fit in i guess..

jnr hiphop
not all gothics worship the devil.. most that i know are just like i said.. hard *****..

finti
dont confuse gothics with goth!!!!!!!!!!! Goth is just a musical and cultural bunch, sometimes even philosophical, that has no relation to Satanism what so ever

finti
TRUE satanist are mostley agnostics, if they discuss satan they dont refere to the christian devil. Satan for them are about, virility,pleasure, strength and a pasion for life. A pagan way, a pre christian way. Satan for them is not a powerful entity but a way to celebrate the induvidual.

Gryn Jabar

finti
goths dont resemble any of the above

mr.smiley
Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
That's not very true. Satanists very much recognize a God and a Christ. They even recognize an end and a final justice. Infact they have even admited to being on the losing side. The only reason there staying, is Satan promises a little less tourment the more sould you drag down with you. I know this, not because I was once a Satanist, but a friend of mine was. And I say friend because he is now a devout Catholic knowing what the shorter end of the stick is like...

That's funny.The church of Satan in LA has no connection to the devil or Christ.Did they change.The leader of their church said satanism is about giving completly in to your animal side and mentioned nothing of the second coming or any of that.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by finti
TRUE satanist are mostley agnostics, if they discuss satan they dont refere to the christian devil. Satan for them are about, virility,pleasure, strength and a pasion for life. A pagan way, a pre christian way. Satan for them is not a powerful entity but a way to celebrate the induvidual.

What is your image of a devil. Becuase some christians believe it to be a little dude with horns a fork and a tail. I dont though...

PrinceofBlades
That's funny.The church of Satan in LA has no connection to the devil or Christ.Did they change.The leader of their church said satanism is about giving completly in to your animal side and mentioned nothing of the second coming or any of that.

Give in to your animal side, and you become nothing better than an animal...

finti
dont belive in the devil

finti
who ever said being an animal is bad?

debbiejo
dont belive in the devil

No no...again it's Santa = Satan

AdventChild
we die..no devil...no God... just a rotting corpse....God is an idea along with the whole bible....damn Paganism...damn religion....

debbiejo
Originally posted by AdventChild
... just a rotting corpse....

That idea doesn't smell right to me.

AdventChild
laughing

mr.smiley
Originally posted by PrinceofBlades

I never said I did.I was just stating what was said.

PrinceofBlades
I never said I did.I was just stating what was said.

And i was simply retaliating to the comment, it wasn't directed to you. However, jumpy in response a guilty consciouse perhaps...shifty

mr.smiley
You know my secret!LOL

Vivien
I used to hang with Goths and I used to hang with Gothics.
The Gothics worshiped anything dark and abysmal.
The Goths on the other hand, worshiped my cock.
I hope that answers your question though I doubt it does.

AdventChild
Originally posted by Vivien
I used to hang with Goths and I used to hang with Gothics.
The Gothics worshiped anything dark and abysmal.
The Goths on the other hand, worshiped my cock.
I hope that answers your question though I doubt it does.
what a dumbass idiot you are...if you're not going to state a mature opinion ..seriously..don't state one at all..grow up.....it doesn't matter what goths or gothics believe in.....

fruits
well, its not like all goths believe the same thing. I mean, you have some goths who are christian, but they just enjoy wearing black clothing everyday and wearing weird make up and stuff. but it is a stereotype that gothics are satanists, and some are, but not all. that's like asking what religion all preps were or something

AdventChild
Originally posted by fruits
well, its not like all goths believe the same thing. I mean, you have some goths who are christian, but they just enjoy wearing black clothing everyday and wearing weird make up and stuff. but it is a stereotype that gothics are satanists, and some are, but not all. that's like asking what religion all preps were or something
with that i agree with you..such a SOLID point...

fruits
thank you.

finti
dont confuse nor mix goths with gothics.
Goths are musical performers or followers of a certain musical genre
the goth genre

fruits
and what exactly are gothics then?

mr.smiley
It's almost a fashion trend that goes hand and hand with music.Download love you to death by Type o Negative.They are considered a goth band and you can hear it.Most Goths realy get on my nerves and are just like the sterostypes on south park!

mr.smiley
I just saw an interview with Levey,the founder of the satanic church.He said satanist belive God and Satan are delusion ideas and their is only self reliance.

finti
it is about the middle ages (medieval.) frurther gothic is a style of architecture, it is also relating to the Germanic and Teutonic and a printing style

Filth
I am one of these so called "gothics", and I take on a pagan/wiccan belief, but I know "gothics" who are of all religions there is no rules laid down as to who you worship.

finti
well gothics and pagan ain the same so................

debbiejo
Pagans have a cool idea though.

finti
so do I

debbiejo
so do I

And, So it is....???

Filth
Paganism has some real good ideas, just seems to make more sence than any of the other religions.

finti
my overall master plan

debbiejo
my overall master plan

God must be contemplating a new adventure.....

I think it would be fun do practice some pagan things....Dancing around the fire and howling at the moon..

finti
nah I dont go to Republican meetings

Filth
God must be contemplating a new adventure.....

I think it would be fun do practice some pagan things....Dancing around the fire and howling at the moon..

It's not like that, Paganism is really about the ideas rather than the practice these days...

mr.smiley
nah I dont go to Republican meetings

Lots of F@#king laughs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing

debbiejo
But I really like howling.......

Filth
Howling is fun big grin

debbiejo
I howelled yesterday and it wasn't even a full moon....Just a power animal

oooMAESTROoo
for me,, gothic aren't satanics,, im really sure that God and Satan is real... by the way im a Christian is that something?? Well back to the topic,, Gothic is only a lifestyle,, it's rumors are related only to vampires because being gothic is kinda creepy.. Do you know that the Catholic songs are Gothic especially when they used their Pipe organ on singing..see??

cking
I use to have neighbors that were gothic.

Shakyamunison
I find Gothic fashion ironic, it seems to me that they are trying to be outside the norm, but the style is so restrictive that they become there own norm. I'm more outside of the main stream style than they are, mainly because I don't care. Other than that, the ones I know are really nice people, and not that different. However, my knowledge on this topic is limited.

debbiejo
You see them at the "Hot Topic" store....that's where they buy most their clothes....and the people there are really no different than anyone else.....

People shouldn't be judged by the way they dress, though I do think they can look a little strange...Not quite my taste....and I like the color black......Bikers are also judged...but are some of the nicest people I've ever met...

cking
no they shouldn't

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by cking
no they shouldn't

I don't understand cking

no they shouldn't be judged?
no they shouldn't be nice?
no they shouldn't be around?
no they shouldn't look the way they do?
no they shouldn't believe the way they do?

Help me out here cking, please don't post ambiguous statements.

cking
ok then I won't

Shakyamunison
ok then I won't

Stop that! eek!

cking
ok

Shakyamunison
ok

mad

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Maybe we should pray for a miracle...or do I need another dog sacrifice for cking...I'll get my ritual book and robe, gather my candles...and pray and make sacrifice to the Great One to restore ckings lack of initiative with vocabulary.

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud

Maybe we should pray for a miracle...or do I need another dog sacrifice for cking...I'll get my ritual book and robe, gather my candles...and pray and make sacrifice to the Great One to restore ckings lack of initiative with vocabulary.

NO...NO... don't you take another life! If we don't get control over you, the farm you live on will become void of life.

cking
this is some funny stuff. laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
NO...NO... don't you take another life! If we don't get control over you, the farm you live on will become void of life.

It will become nothingness....

Shakyamunison
It will become nothingness....

laughing

You get me every chance you can. laughing

Atlantis001

vaya_the_elf

Depends on the goth.

Also depends on what you mean by goth.

Each goth have their own views, and there are some the are more common than others. Although it still comes down to them believing in whatever they want.

cking
how many groups of goths are there?

vaya_the_elf
Most goths are just teenagers.

cking
yep, never seen any adult goths.

vaya_the_elf
There may be a few.

cking
a growing population of them.

vaya_the_elf
Not really.

I use to be a goth when I was in high school.

cking
really, why?

vaya_the_elf
Well I had a very bad family growing up, so I did everything I could to not think about it.

I wrote the black lip stick, and black cloths. Listened to have rock music, which i still do. Although I listen to christain rock mainly now. It was the style I was into, and I had friend who also grew into it. Goths are not really that bad. They are like any other group in high school really. Still human.

Although I got out of it all because well I became a christain, and saw things a different way. Although I do still like some of the goth cloths, and i still like rock. Only listen to rock that does not have bad lyrics though.

cking
sad story.

vaya_the_elf
Not really.

Story is not over smile

cking
ok, continue

Atlantis001
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Well I had a very bad family growing up, so I did everything I could to not think about it.

I wrote the black lip stick, and black cloths. Listened to have rock music, which i still do. Although I listen to christain rock mainly now. It was the style I was into, and I had friend who also grew into it. Goths are not really that bad. They are like any other group in high school really. Still human.

Although I got out of it all because well I became a christain, and saw things a different way. Although I do still like some of the goth cloths, and i still like rock. Only listen to rock that does not have bad lyrics though.

But what did you do as gothic, do you shared those gothic beliefs, like paganism or occultism ?

cking
I want to know also?

JacopeX
I would like to say that gothic religion is garbage and stupid. I mean, you are wearing make up for something you belive in. Darkness. Its a creepy religion.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JacopeX
I would like to say that Gothic religion is garbage and stupid. I mean, you are wearing make up for something you belive in. Darkness. Its a creepy religion.

I didn't know that Gothic was a religion. I thought it was a style.

Freaky Zeeky
I would like to say that gothic religion is garbage and stupid. I mean, you are wearing make up for something you belive in. Darkness. Its a creepy religion.

Agreed. They be cutting themselves and other foolishness.

Imperial_Samura
The Goths I know (not all bad, some have a kind of purity of purpose and aren't into all the tosh of the stylised, popularised ones) don't believe in the Devil.

But then since when have being "Gothic" been a religious thing? It is, or was, unless it's changed, a social sub culture, like all those other stereotypical ones out there. It's a lifestyle. Goths can, and do worship nothing (your typical Atheistic or nihilistic ones), God (not really that common), New Age or Pagan deities (probably one of the larger sub, sub culture types), Hindu Gods (a interesting person, let me tell you, thankfully dropped the Goth thing after High School), there are ones who worship "the Darkness" and not always as a god like thing, but rather as an abstract concept and so on. And yes, there probably are those who worship the Devil, but then there are non-Goths who do that, it is not a Gothic exclusive thing.

Some history - the designation "Gothic" as in Gothic architecture, Gothic literature etc was originally a derogatory term coined during the Renaissance. This was because during that period the Roman Empire was viewed as the "Golden Age" of civilisation, and the Goths were (mostly unfairly) blamed for its destruction. And what followed the Roman empire was viewed, by many Renaissance scholars, as base, worthless and the work of the Barbarian "Goths". So negative connotations all round, but fundamentally flawed and elitist. Anyway this doesn't really have anything to do with the Gothic Subculture.

Atlantis001

JacopeX
Oh but still man, Why do they do this. I mean, They be cutting, doing black magic and all that. I hate magic but i like power.

Atlantis001

darkness114
well im a goth and no most dont worship satin.(or god) i worship neither. and if youre so curios about this stuff, ask someone thats goth.

(make sure you dont say anything offensive)

anything else?

darkness114
...is anyone talking at all?

darkness114
....hellooooooooooooo

darkness114

debbiejo
You worship satin to....????? hahahahahahaha...Well better than suede.

markie
Satanism is not made up. It is very real just as Satan is! Most satanists don't believe in satan. I think they're pagaans that say the christians called satanists because they figured if you don't worship god you are worshipingg the devil.

markie
People practicing satanism doesn't make him real...Satan/devil was created in 150 AD by Justin Martyr. He added al the torment thing...The Jews being God original people DO NOT BELIEVE IN A SATAN...That idea came from paganism. They believe in an angel called ha satan, he is supposed to be doing god's will. He is the tempter and it's mans cchoice which way he's going to go. They think therre is a differant way for gentiles to be saved and god works with differant people in differant ways.

markie
Originally posted by AOR
What is your image of a devil. Becuase some christians believe it to be a little dude with horns a fork and a tail. I dont though... He's a 7 headed dragon.

markie
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Stop that! eek! TThey shouldn''t be judged because of how they way they look, but I think gothic women are sexy I guess that's a judgement though.

markie
I would like to say that gothic religion is garbage and stupid. I mean, you are wearing make up for something you belive in. Darkness. Its a creepy religion. I don't thinnk it has any thinng to do witth religion and they probably wear makeup to make themselves look like they want to look. People think tthey're so weird they must bbe ddevil worshipers.

goth-taku
lol I was looking for a good place to get cloths using google (other than Hot Topic) nd I found this thread, so I decided to register to the forum so as to reply to it lol So yeah, I'm goth I guess, nd no I don't worship Satan or practice witchcraft, thou I do know ppl who are into wicca nd stuff, I don't cut my self either. I'm goth because I like to dress in black, listen to hardcore rock like Tool, Corn, nd Disturbed, I watch hoarer movies nd laugh, I do research into Satan even thou I don't worship it, I also find witchcraft interesting, I even go deeper into research like back to ancient Egyptian coulters and stuff, I watch Hellsing and think its the greatest thing made by human hands, also I'm a true agnostic. All in all I'm this way because of depression issues and stuff I guess, because this stuff is more interesting than God or Atheism and it distracts me from my life. I mean If yer Christian right you know how depressing it can be to wory bout if yer sinning nd stuff right? Well if u don't go that rout than yer golden. XD
I mean Who's cooler, Sephiroth or Cloud? In fact I think FFVII is like a representation of the worlds view of Mainstream vs Goths, Cloud is "Mainstream Culture" and Sephiroth is "Goth Culture" or at least one viewpoint on goth culture. and if u just read all that bout FFVII being a statement on culture than u wasted 2 secs of yer life lmfao. Vampires are cool, everyone hates me, Im to smart to kill my self, or is it Im to stupid not to? sad

debbiejo
Well....You sure had a mouthful to say.....and go talk to someone if your depressed... angel

goth-taku
oh lmao I forgot to say what I "belive in". I belive in hot steamy raunchy hardcore over the top out of this world wet slippery insanely fast and wild speed reading. That and Count chocula.

GoodCharlotte
Gothics can believe in anything. But it does kind of depend on if you are a stereotype or not. I know I am only 10, but I am a gothic just not a stereotype I think that if you are a stereotype it just depends on what your so-called gothic freinds you hang out with believe then you kind of just go along with what they think.
I have been rised in a Christian family, but I am definitly not a Christian. I am not going to tell you what I am either.
Well that is I all I f*ckin have to say to you idiots out there that don't know anything well bye.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by GoodCharlotte
Gothics can believe in anything. But it does kind of depend on if you are a stereotype or not. I know I am only 10, but I am a gothic just not a stereotype I think that if you are a stereotype it just depends on what your so-called gothic freinds you hang out with believe then you kind of just go along with what they think.
I have been rised in a Christian family, but I am definitly not a Christian. I am not going to tell you what I am either.
Well that is I all I f*ckin have to say to you idiots out there that don't know anything well bye.

You are too young to be on this forum.

Rule
Under 13's
We do not allow the registration for users under the age of 13. This is basically for their own protection and our need to comply with US Law, especially the COPPA.

Please leave. big grin

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by AOR

"he who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"

_Sanctuary_
"Give in to your animal side, and you become nothing better than an animal... "

Just accept that you are an animal and not above any other!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
"Give in to your animal side, and you become nothing better than an animal... "

Just accept that you are an animal and not above any other!

We can not be better than anyone else, but we can be better then ourselves. We are born an animal, but we learn how to be human.

_Sanctuary_
I just do not understand how people think they are better than an animal, as if they have more of a right to live...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
I just do not understand how people think they are better than an animal, as if they have more of a right to live...

That was not the point I was making. I have a Buddha nature in me and I can realize this or not, but so does my cat and she can realize it also.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.