The New Blame Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
As humans, we've always need a scapegoat to blame things on. "The Devil made me do it," is always popular. When bad things happened way back when, it was that someone hadn't given the proper respect to the gods. Then it was that we were being punished by God for our sins, repent, etc. "Society's fault" is another classic. (Videogames cause violence! Take THAT, Columbine!)

But now we've got genes and psychological disorders. Have you noticed how many people have ADD/ADHD nowadays? If the kid is wild, it is not because of the excessive levels of sugar in his or her diet, it is because he or she needs some Ritalin (or Adderal or whatever). As it stands, though, we've got the most concrete, proveable means to blame our actions on something we cannot control. And yet that won't be enough.

What will be next to blame? We'll have to move forward from genes and chemical imbalances at one point. But what will be our next target?

FeceMan
Well, damn, I'm just unpopular as ever today. Hmmph...my entire family has been sick for the past few days. It sucked. I kept dry heaving all night.

mr.smiley
Who knows what's next.They'll end up killing random newborns just on a guess they'll get rid of the bad ones.

FeceMan
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Who knows what's next.They'll end up killing random newborns just on a guess they'll get rid of the bad ones.
Brave New World for the win.

Afro Cheese
I supposedly had ADD in middle school. I never took the medicine and eventually grew out of it. I think it was more of a phase of lazyness instead of a medical disorder.

Big Evil
They said I should take medication too, these were the same doctors I also put in thier place because I knew some stuff they themselves didn't. When I corrected them I told them "what did you do those ten years in college?" I wasn't trying to be a smartass as a child, I really was curious how someone could be so "intelligent" and yet not know shit.

I do suffer from schizotypal, paranoia, Adult ADD, and maybe some obsessive-compulsive disorder. But i'm aware of it and use it to empathize for those worst off then me. Infact alot of people come to me for advise and couseling like a therapist. Only when you've been down a road do you know the directions for a destination.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.