Emo Kids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trickster
I don't understand why people that listen to emo are automatically subjected to the view that they cut themselves and write depressing poetry, as well as like to wear black.

In fact, it's becoming an insult to be an Emo Kid, and I'm not entirely sure why. Why do people dislike emo, and the fans of emo?

Morgoths_Wrath
because it's lame

GCG
color me dumb but what is Emo ? is that short for 'Emotive' ?

Afro Cheese
Cause it's popular at the moment and people love to go against the grain.

jaden101
as i've said before on emo kids behalf...the only difference between emo kids and mosher kids is that emo kids have actually had real girlfriends to sing about

Trickster
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
because it's lame

Exactly the kind of answer I didn't want.

What's wrong with it? So it's less heavy - so what?Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Cause it's popular at the moment and people love to go against the grain.

I guess, but I don't see why they do so - I mean you don't see fans of emo telling people about Rap Dickheads.

Big Evil
Because nobody wants to hear a sad-sack, the mission in life is to be HAPPY. Emo is the oppisite, they reject happy because they believe it's non-esistant, therfore they know only suffering and to be around them is to cause un-wanted and furthermore un-needed suffering. Thereby determing they contribute nothing positive and therfore should not exsist themselves.

Kindof like liberals only emo is more obvious. laughing

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Trickster
I guess, but I don't see why they do so - I mean you don't see fans of emo telling people about Rap Dickheads. Yes I do. I see it all the time, actually. I can't even count the number of times I've heard an emo fan use the phrase "rap is crap."

Andrew McLeod
Because Emo is a waste. It's a stupid concept in itself...listening to depressing music and enjoying it because you're so full of angst. I can't stand the goths and emos that think the world's against them. My advice to people like that? Get it over with and kill yourselves. The happy world doesn't need people like you bringing us down. lol

Trickster
Um, no, they don't. They write melancholy songs, but playing a gig in front of hundreds of people isn't an attempt to feel more depressed...

Wait, can't you listen to emo without wanting to kill yourself? I listen to it because I appreciate the rhythmn and the skill. The music appeals to me, not the lyrics - they are part of the music.

GCG
Rap Dickheads .....hummmm....kinda reminds me of the story of dickheads, pussies and assholes in Team America

Oh yes ; im beginning to get the picture of Emo now

mr.smiley
I don't mind Emo music.It's decent.I think one part of the Emo hate comes from the "Punk" rockers.To them,Emo is like the "diet" version of Punk music.

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Andrew McLeod
Because Emo is a waste. It's a stupid concept in itself...listening to depressing music and enjoying it because you're so full of angst. I can't stand the goths and emos that think the world's against them. My advice to people like that? Get it over with and kill yourselves. The happy world doesn't need people like you bringing us down. lol Relax.. it's just a genre of music. People who bash emo fans must have a more miserable existance than the emo fans themselves, since they care so dearly about what kinda music other people listen to.

Personally emo isn't my thing but I don't care if other people wanna listen to it.

Trickster
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Yes I do. I see it all the time, actually. I can't even count the number of times I've heard an emo fan use the phrase "rap is crap."

That's different from classing people who listen to rap as twats, though. I wouldn't mind if people said it was crap, but classing an entire group of people as depressed self-harming kids is that unfair. I know that loads of different people listen to rap, and while I don't listen to hardcore 50-Cent kinda thing, I enjoy stuff like Jurassic 5 when I'm round at my mates.

Trickster
Originally posted by GCG
Rap Dickheads .....hummmm....kinda reminds me of the story of dickheads, pussies and assholes in Team America

Oh yes ; im beginning to get the picture of Emo now

What?! Lol.

Afro Cheese
That's different from classing people who listen to rap as twats, though. I wouldn't mind if people said it was crap, but classing an entire group of people as depressed self-harming kids is that unfair. I know that loads of different people listen to rap, and while I don't listen to hardcore 50-Cent kinda thing, I enjoy stuff like Jurassic 5 when I'm round at my mates. Rap fans get classed as gangbangers if they are black.. and as wanna-bes if they are white. It's all due to the content of the music they listen to.. rap fans get stereotyped just as often as emo fans.

Trickster
Maybe, I guess.

That doesn't happen over here, though. Maybe it just has spread over the net in a way that gangbangers just won't.

I suppose if I lived in a more urban area, I might see that, but I don't in the north of the the UK.

Andrew McLeod
Well...it's not so much Emo I hate but the product of it. Kids who are all angsty...I can never stand them. They just want attention. They completely mock the people who actually have serious problems with their heads.

Personally...Emo's not my bag though. Rap isn't either. I'm weird with my music, I like a crap load of music but not that stuff...ugh. I guess when all a person can do is whine about stuff it makes me annoyed. All this pseudo-punk music these days where they whine about some girl who left them...I hate that as well. Blink 182 should die...along with the wave of similar bands under even more stupid names...Good Charlotte? Simple Plan? Ugh...

GCG
Music is a form of expression.
We express ourselves mostly with a range of emotions.

I really dont see what is this gripe with this emo music as it seems that those against Emo are getting a bit 'Emo' about emo.

HECK ! what irony !

DeRFmAn
EMO SUCKS MY BALLS!!!

Just kidding but it is annoying have guys whine about sh!t nonstop. So some chick dumps you, HELLO YOUR TWENTY-FREAKING-FOUR grow up and realize there are better things in life....like cars....and GOOD music.

Anyway just my thoughts

PEACE MUTHAFUKAS

Lana
That's different from classing people who listen to rap as twats, though. I wouldn't mind if people said it was crap, but classing an entire group of people as depressed self-harming kids is that unfair. I know that loads of different people listen to rap, and while I don't listen to hardcore 50-Cent kinda thing, I enjoy stuff like Jurassic 5 when I'm round at my mates.

50 Cent isn't hardcore, he's just shit wink

I don't care what kind of music people listen to, and I really dislike stupid stereotypes based on stuff like that.

periera
Simple, because noone wants to listen to a 25 year old guy *****, moan, and whine about his girlfriend (or ex girlfriend) repeatedly in a whiney I-just-got-kicked-in-the-balls voice for an hour. Oh yeah, and most emo kids/emo bands have retarded haircuts. Plus, it's homogenized, shitty, wanna be punk rock that's a by-product of the pop punk that slaughtered an otherwise good genre of music.

SlipknoT
I hate EMO kids, Pussies and their girl pants...

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Big Evil
the mission in life is to be HAPPY.

Life is service to the Lord.

moises
EMO kids are retarded. They think their lives are depressive but they don't know shit:

Definitions of depression:

- a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity

- sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy

- depressive disorder: a state of depression and anhedonia so severe as to require clinical intervention

- An affective disorder characterized by extreme and intense sadness, pessimism, sense of inadequacy, etc.

- A mental state of depressed mood characterized by feelings of sadness, despair and discouragement. Depression ranges from normal feelings of the blues through dysthymia to major depression. It in many ways resembles the grief and mourning that follow bereavement, there are often feelings of low self esteem, guilt and self reproach, withdrawal from interpersonal contact and physical symptoms such as eating and sleep disturbances.

Thats Depression.

This is EMO:

- I FUKING HATE SCHOOL, MY GIRLFRIEND IS A STUPID B1TCH, MY PARENTS TREAT ME LIKE SHIT CUZ THEY WON'T COP ME THAT BRAND NEW 50 ALBUM

EMO kids are stupid, and woudlnt' know the first thing about REAL depression. as stated above, depressed people dont' look for attention, they dwell on their depression and hide it from others. I would know, my girlfriend used to be depressive, and trust me depressed people dont' talk about their shit just to anybody, like EMO kids do. The reason why depression is so serious is because it's something that people dont' show on the surface. Thats why it's such a dangerous medical condition to have. EMO kids are just kids seeking attention...

TOPIC CLOSED smile

SlipknoT
I Just hate EMO kids because they are stuck up douche bags wearing girls pants and ridiculously tight Black Hoodies and that stupid swooping haircut in their eyes dyed ink black. And aside from that Listen to Shitty Music.

BlackC@t
Get it over with and kill yourselves. The happy world doesn't need people like you bringing us down. lol

What the **** is your problem?! That isn't funny!

It's people like you who need to be taught a lesson or two.

I love Emo. It's not all depressing, Yellowcard and Taking Back Sunday have none of the 'miserable' stuff.

Is there even such thing as emo? Or is it a made-up genre created by people that hate that kind of music?

SlipknoT
Originally posted by BlackC@t
What the **** is your problem?! That isn't funny!

It's people like you who need to be taught a lesson or two.

I love Emo. It's not all depressing, Yellowcard and Taking Back Sunday have none of the 'miserable' stuff.

Is there even such thing as emo? Or is it a made-up genre created by people that hate that kind of music? YellowCard Arent Emo, they're pop, and Taking Back Sunday just flat out suck.

BlackC@t
Depression isn't caused by listening to that type of music, it's caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain.

But I'm not all emo, gimme' Metallica, Black Sabbith and Iron Maiden anyday! rock

BlackC@t
Originally posted by SlipknoT
YellowCard Arent Emo, they're pop, and Taking Back Sunday just flat out suck.

Yay! Then I'm not emo! eek!

I don't like Simple Plan anymore sick

What are The Ataris? confused

They use to be punk rock but then their music changed drastically.

fruits
Because nobody wants to hear a sad-sack, the mission in life is to be HAPPY. Emo is the oppisite, they reject happy because they believe it's non-esistant, therfore they know only suffering and to be around them is to cause un-wanted and furthermore un-needed suffering. Thereby determing they contribute nothing positive and therfore should not exsist themselves.

that pretty much hit the nail on the head!

a few of my friends went for the emo look, but they really aren't emo, they just wanted to look it. it was kind of humorous, the hair to the side and the girl pants. every day they were asking different girls to borrow their pants. good stuff.

moises
Depression isn't caused by listening to that type of music, it's caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain.

But I'm not all emo, gimme' Metallica, Black Sabbith and Iron Maiden anyday! rock liar!

BlackC@t
I'm not lieing, I love those bands.

moises
I'm not lieing, I love those bands. Who are you trying to fool here? I bet you would cry if you were ignored for a minute!

GCG
I Just hate EMO kids because they are stuck up douche bags wearing girls pants and ridiculously tight Black Hoodies and that stupid swooping haircut in their eyes dyed ink black. And aside from that Listen to Shitty Music.

isnt that the description of girls....?

that is

the stuck up part (cause of stilettos)
The girls pants part (Girl pants)
The Tight Black clothes (showing off the curves)
Swooping Haircut (its long innit !)
Eyes dyes ink black (mascara)
Shitty Music (love songs)

confused

GCG
Originally posted by moises
Who are you trying to fool here? I bet you would cry if you were ignored for a minute!

OI ! lay off Blackcat ! mad stick out tongue

SlipknoT
Originally posted by GCG
isnt that the description of girls....?

that is

the stuck up part (cause of stilettos)
The girls pants part (Girl pants)
The Tight Black clothes (showing off the curves)
Swooping Haircut (its long innit !)
Eyes dyes ink black (mascara)
Shitty Music (love songs)

confused ....It fits just as well for the Guys...

GCG
i still dont understand WTF is EMO ;

So far i gathered that some teenagers go through a phase thats called EMO.

moonwalker741
Isnt emo just emotionally driven music?

What i'm trying to point out that all music is written with emotion, so its kinda making the genre void....

i dont know what i'm talking about, somebody comment

SlipknoT
Exactly, It is nothing more than a Fad.

BlackC@t
Thanks GCG happy

I'm not going to waste my time trying to prove to you what is the truth. Don't you have someone else to anoy?

With an attitude like that, you won't last much longer on these forums.

GCG
Originally posted by moonwalker741
Isnt emo just emotionally driven music?

What i'm trying to point out that all music is written with emotion, so its kinda making the genre void....

i dont know what i'm talking about, somebody comment

comment before the last to be noted on page 1

Darth Revan
Well...it's not so much Emo I hate but the product of it. Kids who are all angsty...I can never stand them. They just want attention. They completely mock the people who actually have serious problems with their heads.

Personally...Emo's not my bag though. Rap isn't either. I'm weird with my music, I like a crap load of music but not that stuff...ugh. I guess when all a person can do is whine about stuff it makes me annoyed. All this pseudo-punk music these days where they whine about some girl who left them...I hate that as well. Blink 182 should die...along with the wave of similar bands under even more stupid names...Good Charlotte? Simple Plan? Ugh...

You're whining an awful lot for someone who hates whining. erm

SlipknoT
Thanks GCG happy

I'm not going to waste my time trying to prove to you what is the truth. Don't you have someone else to anoy?

With an attitude like that, you won't last much longer on these forums. Was that directed towards me?

mr.smiley

That goes with all kinds of music.I know quiet a few people who say those Slipknot punks look pretty dumb in their black clothers and stupid haircuts wink

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Darth Revan
You're whining an awful lot for someone who hates whining. erm

your right!

I don't seriously hate or like Emo,but I realy don't see what all the big fuss is about.

moonwalker741
Thanks GCG happy

With an attitude like that, you won't last much longer on these forums.

what?

SlipknoT
Originally posted by mr.smiley
That goes with all kinds of music.I know quiet a few people who say those Slipknot punks look pretty dumb in their black clothers and stupid haircuts wink Where Do you hear that, Usher Fans?

moises
My final word towards emos:

here's my advice for anyone emo/cutters/suicidal/dperessed/whatever - ready, its gonna be harsh, but its the truth -

kill yourself or SHUT THE F*CK UP! jesus crist, theres 8 year old boys sucking dick just to buy f*cking food...now shut the **** up and realise you have too much f*cking time on your hands. maybe if you were busy sucking dick for food, you wouldn't have time to have angst or pain over the 'trajedy' of life. you know what i'm depressed about, the fact that i have to listen to these whining emo kids all day, and everything they complain about is such f*cking bullshit, i wanna kill every f*cking thick rimmed glasses wearing, tragically hip, angst ridden, bad fashion f*ck that i see. grow some f*cking testicles! i mena, if you are feigning emo to **** some hot little emo chick, big thumbs up, but if you seriously buy into the idea that life is pain, or pain is the only real experience or whatever, just f*cking end it. that last thing we need are you bored, well off, 'can't find anything interesting in life cuz we had it all handed to us' babies running around trying to define pain. and before you say 'i wasn't well off, i was poor', shut the f*ck up. unless you were greasing up your ass at ten so your 30 brothers and sisters could eat, don't waste my time telling me how f*cking trgic life is. boo hoo...

SlipknoT

here's my advice for anyone emo/cutters/suicidal/dperessed/whatever - ready, its gonna be harsh, but its the truth -

kill yourself or SHUT THE F*CK UP! jesus crist, theres 8 year old boys sucking dick just to buy f*cking food...now shut the **** up and realise you have too much f*cking time on your hands. maybe if you were busy sucking dick for food, you wouldn't have time to have angst or pain over the 'trajedy' of life. you know what i'm depressed about, the fact that i have to listen to these whining emo kids all day, and everything they complain about is such f*cking bullshit, i wanna kill every f*cking thick rimmed glasses wearing, tragically hip, angst ridden, bad fashion f*ck that i see. grow some f*cking testicles! i mena, if you are feigning emo to **** some hot little emo chick, big thumbs up, but if you seriously buy into the idea that life is pain, or pain is the only real experience or whatever, just f*cking end it. that last thing we need are you bored, well off, 'can't find anything interesting in life cuz we had it all handed to us' babies running around trying to define pain. and before you say 'i wasn't well off, i was poor', shut the f*ck up. unless you were greasing up your ass at ten so your 30 brothers and sisters could eat, don't waste my time telling me how f*cking trgic life is. boo hoo... laughing out loud

GCG
I never met an emo kid in my life ; are goths emo ?

SlipknoT
Originally posted by GCG
I never met an emo kid in my life ; are goths emo ? Nope

GCG
<----- Hasnt grasped the subject

Cinemaddiction
You know, I almost tolerate wiggers more than emo kids.

Emo is nerd chic. They throw on argyle sweaters, get together to listen to Weezer, and have "Revenge of the Nerds" movie marathons every weekend.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
You know, I almost tolerate wiggers more than emo kids. laughing

Dr. Strangelove
If they want to hate life, wear tight pants and listen to depressing music then let them. It seems pretty harmless to me so really I don't see what the fuss is about.

Cinemaddiction
Boy, I'm dreading the day that it's trendy to be individualistic. Is that even possible? God, I hope not. I couldn't imagine a bunch of kids wearing different colored socks, grandma's panties over their plaid capris, and band shirts for groups like Air Supply and Dead or Alive, with reverse mohawks and pig tails..

It would be the true death of individualism.

SlipknoT
Boy, I'm dreading the day that it's trendy to be individualistic. Is that even possible? God, I hope not. I couldn't imagine a bunch of kids wearing different colored socks, grandma's panties over their plaid capris, and band shirts for groups like Air Supply and Dead or Alive, with reverse mohawks and pig tails..

It would be the true death of individualism. The Day I see a Kid walking down the street with an Air Supply shirt on I'll feel my life is complete, I would die a happy man.

Cinemaddiction
I always wanted a Mike McDonald shirt, but I figure, he's probably emo. Actually, Mike McDonald is the blackest white man alive, so I could quite possibly be a wigger, should I so choose to sport said shirt.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

*sings as he walks away*

"I..KEEP..forgettin' we're not in love anymooooreeeeeee..."

SlipknoT
I always wanted a Mike McDonald shirt, but I figure, he's probably emo. Actually, Mike McDonald is the blackest white man alive, so I could quite possibly be a wigger, should I so choose to sport said shirt.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

*sings as he walks away*

"I..KEEP..forgettin' we're not in love anymooooreeeeeee..." You know way to much about Air Supply man

GCG
Is The Character Edward Scissorhands considered to be Emo ? eek!

Cinemaddiction
http://www.palacenet.com/images/online/michaelmcdonald_250.jpg

Mike McDonald's from The Doobie Brothers. He's got soul!

SlipknoT
Doesnt he Do that song for that commercial for Sprint or something?

Cinemaddiction
Doesnt he Do that song for that commercial for Sprint or something?

Yeah! He does that "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" song.

Originally posted by GCG
Is The Character Edward Scissorhands considered to be Emo ? eek!

Ugh, the epitome. Alone, because he's "different", feels like nobody loves him, all that shit.

I'll tell you what, if a kid walks up to me with ****ing scissors for hands, he can be as emo as he wants to be. He's legit. He's got "cred" with the inner circle elitist emo-er's.

GCG
Edward and Emo kid downtown:

Emo Kid : sad "hi ; im an Emo Kid "

Edward : sad "they call me edward "

*shake hands*

Emo Kid : eek! " BLOOD! COOL ! ; Can I meet you more often ? "

BlackC@t

kill yourself or SHUT THE F*CK UP! jesus crist, theres 8 year old boys sucking dick just to buy f*cking food...now shut the **** up and realise you have too much f*cking time on your hands. maybe if you were busy sucking dick for food, you wouldn't have time to have angst or pain over the 'trajedy' of life. you know what i'm depressed about, the fact that i have to listen to these whining emo kids all day, and everything they complain about is such f*cking bullshit, i wanna kill every f*cking thick rimmed glasses wearing, tragically hip, angst ridden, bad fashion f*ck that i see. grow some f*cking testicles! i mena, if you are feigning emo to **** some hot little emo chick, big thumbs up, but if you seriously buy into the idea that life is pain, or pain is the only real experience or whatever, just f*cking end it. that last thing we need are you bored, well off, 'can't find anything interesting in life cuz we had it all handed to us' babies running around trying to define pain. and before you say 'i wasn't well off, i was poor', shut the f*ck up. unless you were greasing up your ass at ten so your 30 brothers and sisters could eat, don't waste my time telling me how f*cking trgic life is. boo hoo...

I know you've posted something different, but all I see is 'Blah, blah, blah...I need professional help, tra la-la-la-la...' yes

Anyways, I'm not an emo girl no2

Darth Revan
You know, I almost tolerate wiggers more than emo kids.

Emo is nerd chic. They throw on argyle sweaters, get together to listen to Weezer, and have "Revenge of the Nerds" movie marathons every weekend.

Weezer are not emo in the slightest. They wear glasses with thick black rims. The similarity ends there.

Anyways... I don't understand the "emo kid" bashing either. I listen to some emo, and yet I'm not an emo kid. Hmmm....

Emo kids kinda got the short end of the stick there, in that they're probably the harshest stereotyped, well, stereotype there is. Some people absolutely tear anyone with the tiniest affiliation to emo (ie, me, Weezer) to shreds, and honestly it's ****ing stupid. I have to wonder: have these people ever listened to any emo other than the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack? Do these people know that the music itself (not the lyrics) is derived from the ultra-masculine post hardcore era, whose proponents are so tough, the average Maggit spontaneously combusts under their gaze?

Tptmanno1
I really don't listen to "emo" Music, but from what you've told me and stuff, I probably wouldn't mind it.
Just what bugs me are the 14 year olds with the Sharpie Black (Yes that is my official term for the color) hair, that talk about cutting themselves and how much their lives suck...
Thats just retarted, and I can't stand it.

Fire
wtf is emo music in the first place?

All teens (well 95% of them) think their lives suck. Usually its ones talking about cutting who don't do it anyways.

Trickster
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Weezer are not emo in the slightest. They wear glasses with thick black rims. The similarity ends there.

Anyways... I don't understand the "emo kid" bashing either. I listen to some emo, and yet I'm not an emo kid. Hmmm....

Emo kids kinda got the short end of the stick there, in that they're probably the harshest stereotyped, well, stereotype there is. Some people absolutely tear anyone with the tiniest affiliation to emo (ie, me, Weezer) to shreds, and honestly it's ****ing stupid. I have to wonder: have these people ever listened to any emo other than the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack? Do these people know that the music itself (not the lyrics) is derived from the ultra-masculine post hardcore era, whose proponents are so tough, the average Maggit spontaneously combusts under their gaze?

Thank you!

That's my point!

mr.smiley
Where Do you hear that, Usher Fans?

From several types of people.One of my best friends loves hard rock and heavy metal,but he despises slipknot.He thinks their music crap and their fans are stupid

lil bitchiness
I don't understand why people that listen to emo are automatically subjected to the view that they cut themselves and write depressing poetry, as well as like to wear black.

In fact, it's becoming an insult to be an Emo Kid, and I'm not entirely sure why. Why do people dislike emo, and the fans of emo?

Because people find it easier to feel ''normal'' themselves i they segregate people into groups where the other group seems more pathetic then themselves.

But I agree...leave Emo Kids alone and worry about your own problems.

Curl_Up&Dye

there is a song by stunt monkey called 'emo kid'.... a very very highly recommended song from me to you.

Cinemaddiction
Whatever happened to being yourself?

eggmayo
Surely emo is jsut a short word for emotional anyway... I would think the only real emo's are the annoying crying shits.

Df02
both sides of this argument are pathetic, the fact that anyone is actually bothered by emo is more embarassing than actually being emo...

and emo is short for emotional hardcore - the amount of times people have spelt that shit out is beyond beleif now... me and Deathblow between up have corrected up to 100 people on that 1 issue.

emo has been around 20yrs, it'll be around for quite a while aswell, the fact it's become popular recently seems to have bothered a few people for some reason... god knows why, i'm not a huge fan of the black leather and long hair style of metal but i don't plaster the forums about how pathetic they are for choosing to fit a scene and 'worship the devil and get sweaty and fling their hair about' or whatever ridiculous stereotype people come up with about EVERY music genre.

Cinemaddiction
If they're cool with being sheep, so am I. yes

Df02
If they're cool with being sheep, so am I. yes

more than 1 person in the world hates emo... baa?

PVS
one of the best southpark scenes ever:

Goth 1:
Life is pain. Life is only pain. We're all taught to believe in happy fairytale endings. But there's only blackness. Dark, depressing loneliness that eats at your soul.

Goth 2:
Who needs that kind of Barbie love, anyway? Everyone's just walking around like a bunch of conforminsts. Go ahead and wear your business suits so you can make thirty-four thousand dollars a year to buy your condominium. They're all zombies racing to their graves. Love didn't work for my mom and dad. Why should it work for me?

Goth Girl:
My dad is such an *******. Drunken bastard doesn't even know I exist. But then he won't let me go to the Skinny Puppy concert because my heroine-addict aunt is coming over for dinner. Dinner? That's a laugh. Just an excuse for my mom to ***** at me for not wearing girly clothes like all the Britney Spears wannabes at this school.

Little Goth:
They're all a bunch of Nazi conformists cheerleaders.

Stan:
But if life is only pain, then... what's the point of living?

Goth 1:
Just to make life more miserable for the conformists.

Stan:
All right, so how do I join you?

Goth 2:
If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do.

Imaginary
laughing out loud

I enjoy listening to Emo music, but I'm definitely not emo. I listen to it for the music, not the lyrics. I'm a pessimist, but I don't whine about how much my life sucks and how I wanna die, because I don't think my life sucks and I don't wanna die. Stereotyping genres are stupid.

carnival_junkie
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
because it's lame

true dat.

i like the occasional emo music, it isnt bad.

but jesus, to attempt to subject yourself to something so lame.

LIFE > you

BlackC@t
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Because people find it easier to feel ''normal'' themselves i they segregate people into groups where the other group seems more pathetic then themselves.

But I agree...leave Emo Kids alone and worry about your own problems.

Lil B, you are as wise as Master Yoda and as strong as Master Skywalker smile

BlackC@t
Why care that some people like emo? It's not your problem.

People that hate emo kids are intolerant pricks. It's time to accept others for being themselves. They accept the fact that you like your music, now let them like theirs.

I'm part emo, part rock! rock

lil bitchiness
Lil B, you are as wise as Master Yoda and as strong as Master Skywalker smile

cry thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!

BlackC@t
Show me the true power of the dark side, Sith Mistress. I pledge myself to you...Master evil face...

ApolloX
what is emo? everyone says it?

Darth Revan
Thank you!

That's my point!

You're welcome.

BackFire
Ack, emo kids, aka the kids with stupid square framed glasses and intentionally messy hair who think that because theylisten to At The Drive In they're experts in politics.

Them, goths, skaters, wiggers, gangstas and wannabe rappa's should all drown in the ocean.

Cinemaddiction

People that hate emo kids are intolerant pricks. It's time to accept others for being themselves. They accept the fact that you like your music, now let them like theirs.

I'm part emo, part rock! rock

Emo kids that label themselves aren't being themselves. They are walking contradictions. The same goes for people that define their lifestyles with their music.

So pointless..just be. Period.

Filth
Originally posted by DeRFmAn
EMO SUCKS MY BALLS!!!

Just kidding but it is annoying have guys whine about sh!t nonstop. So some chick dumps you, HELLO YOUR TWENTY-FREAKING-FOUR grow up and realize there are better things in life....like cars....and GOOD music.

Anyway just my thoughts

PEACE MUTHAFUKAS

coming from a starwars fan...........

BlackC@t
Alright, then I'm not emo.

You americans are so prejudice! Don't stero-type everyone.

We're all completely different.

Filth

We're all completely different.

Agreed

DenKi
You saying Emo cut themsevles? what the **** are you on about

Emo have the best clothes sense in the world, it says it all magazines...
Emo is the most popular trend aswell..

Filth
Originally posted by DenKi
You saying Emo cut themsevles? what the **** are you on about

Emo have the best clothes sense in the world, it says it all magazines...
Emo is the most popular trend aswell..

I would not say it is the most popular trend, but it is popular.

SlipknoT

We're all completely different. Your the one calling yourself emo.....

Imaginary
She isn't, she's just saying that she likes "emo" music.

Morning_Glory

i dont know who is emo or who is punk...

DeRFmAn
Originally posted by Filth
coming from a starwars fan...........

Exactly Fan not Fanatic

not just that but its not like watching starwars gets me all whiney and sad. so comeback when you got something better little one

moises
I know you've posted something different, but all I see is 'Blah, blah, blah...I need professional help, tra la-la-la-la...' yes

Anyways, I'm not an emo girl no2 just bite the bullet and hush smile

BlackC@t
Try and stop me smile

Careful. If you play with fire, you're gonna' get burned...

moises
Try and stop me smile

That must be the worst comeback I have ever herd. laughing *yawn*

BlackC@t
Then it must be the first comeback you've ever heard.

moises
Then it must be the first comeback you've ever heard.

No, I've heard great comebacks and very bad comebacks; unfortunately for you, you're just embarassing yourself. You'll never learn when to shut up with your invalid bullshit. smile

Anyways, I'm not an emo girl no2 Get tha f*ck outta here with that bullshit!

DeRFmAn
No, I've heard great comebacks and very bad comebacks; unfortunately for you, you're just embarassing yourself. You'll never learn when to shut up with your invalid bullshit. smile

Get tha f*ck outta here with that bullshit!

*agrees*

BlackC@t
If I was embarassing myself I'd leave. You need to be silenced.

I've come across punks like you before. You lived in some ghetto were you sucked at school and your parents didn't love you. You get feed up with it and resorted to petty crimes. This world was not meant for you, run along little boy! eek!

BlackC@t
Relax, I'm messin' wit' choo! eek!

periera
Anyone else here heard the emo song by Anti-Flag? I think it's called "Emo sucks", but I'm not sure.

Awesome song.

Afro Cheese
It's called Indie Sux, Hardline Sux, Emo Sux, You suck! and it's hardly an awesome song. The overall message of the song is "we're too punk to make good music."

Darth Revan
Try and stop me smile

Uhh... No offense BC, since I semi-agree with you, but that really was a lame comeback. Then again, so was "just bite the bullet and hush." Both could be classed as the kind of insult one uses when they want people to think they've put up one hell of an argument, when in reality they haven't. This has truly deteriorated into one of the dumbest flame-wars I've ever read. Please stop. You're hurting me...

BlackC@t
Okay Revan, I'll stop. But only because we are both Sith Lords.

DeRFmAn
Hey A. Cheese who made you the big critic? I don't believe that you're qualified enough to say that that much music sucks. Last I checked we were just talking about emo...anyways.

Trickster
Didn't see you arguing with him before, when he was talking abut music. Only as soon as he disagrees with you.

But yeah, I think this is a thread that is deteriorating.

I'd just like to say, I like Emo and Punk, and Ska. As well as other stuff... But I think it's stupid that the term Emo is now used as an insult.

BlackC@t
I agree, Trickster.

But we're all different. Don't sterotype us!

StaT1c

I've come across punks like you before. You lived in some ghetto were you sucked at school and your parents didn't love you. You get feed up with it and resorted to petty crimes. This world was not meant for you, run along little boy! eek! I can't believe you typed all that crap

DeRFmAn
I'm not saying everyone who listens to it is stupid I'm just saying the average "emo" kid doesn't know much about music. They like emo because all their little friends like emo. I don't consider emo to be an insult so much as it is a discriptive word. I believe the only time I came close to insulting anyone was with my last post which wasn't meant to be insulting and the one before it where I agreed with whoever it was aobut some dumb comeback because it was a lame comeback. I didn't even mean it in a harsh way just joking. Most of the sh!t I do say is meant to be taken litely. Thats just the kind of guy I am. Anyway I like cinnamon rolls thems good mmmmmm......I think I spelled cinnamon right, never really had to spell it all that often. Ok I'll stop yammering on now.

Afro Cheese
Hey A. Cheese who made you the big critic? I don't believe that you're qualified enough to say that that much music sucks. Last I checked we were just talking about emo...anyways. What qualifications do you need to say a song sucks? All you need is two ears and an opinion.. I have that.

Sorry if you were insulted by me saying that song isn't awesome, but I'm sure you'll get over it.

DeRFmAn
Nah I wasn't insulted, I was just messin'. I'm not easily angered. I was just asking for your qualifications. Thanks for providing them. thumb up

silver_tears
Um, no, they don't. They write melancholy songs, but playing a gig in front of hundreds of people isn't an attempt to feel more depressed...

Wait, can't you listen to emo without wanting to kill yourself? I listen to it because I appreciate the rhythmn and the skill. The music appeals to me, not the lyrics - they are part of the music.

Me too big grin

Curl_Up&Dye

I've come across punks like you before. You lived in some ghetto were you sucked at school and your parents didn't love you. You get feed up with it and resorted to petty crimes. This world was not meant for you, run along little boy! eek!

are you effin serious? Man I had at least a shred of respect for you right up till there.
I'd like to see u say that to one of our faces in REAL life.... not a forum... you'd get your ass kicked seven ways to sunday.... and then we'd take your wallet, just to spite you and your petty crimes comment.
evil face

DeRFmAn
Originally posted by Curl_Up&Dye
are you effin serious? Man I had at least a shred of respect for you right up till there.
I'd like to see u say that to one of our faces in REAL life.... not a forum... you'd get your ass kicked seven ways to sunday.... and then we'd take your wallet, just to spite you and your petty crimes comment.
evil face

:werd: mad

DeRFmAn
oops

periera
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
It's called Indie Sux, Hardline Sux, Emo Sux, You suck! and it's hardly an awesome song. The overall message of the song is "we're too punk to make good music."

why? because they tend to sing about relevant things (ie: political issues) and not about some ***** that cheated on them in the ninth grade and ruined their life forever??

Afro Cheese
I rest my case.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Curl_Up&Dye
evil face

Hey! You wanna' lil' taste of C@t!? mad box

Raven Guardia
um...this maybe a dumb question but can you give me an example of emo music or a emo person. are they like Simple plan (I dont like that group) or what?

Dr. Strangelove
No, Simple Plan aren't emo, they're shit.wink

Hear's a thread that explains emo music:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=295103&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

And hear's the infamous "emo" image:

http://users2.ev1.net/~dlimon/firecracker/firecracker10/images/cohete_emo1.jpg

moises
I think that is consider old school emo. Who started that look? the Smiths

Freaky Zeeky

no

That comeback was garbage.

Do you see the converse on that guy! Their cooked!

Dogbert
Emo kids need to die.

SlipknoT
Agreed

DeRFmAn
I wouldn't say die just find better taste in music and pref. not mine.

Filth
Emo music has some good stuff, and the fans aint that bad either, at least they don't try to be something they are not.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by Dogbert
Emo kids need to die.

laughing out loud

moises
Emo music has some good stuff, and the fans aint that bad either, at least they don't try to be something they are not. We can say that about everything. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BlackC@t
No, you can't.

DeRFmAn
You could say that about the Klan and some people would agree.

Not this person tho....I'm just making a point.

Filth

Not this person tho....I'm just making a point.

I don't know what you are talking about....

DeRFmAn
read statements made by others b4 me

Filth
Ah ok... anyways back to the topic, whats so bad about emo music/style anyways?

StaT1c
Emo music has some good stuff, and the fans aint that bad either, at least they don't try to be something they are not. It just depends on the EMO person or any person belonging to its stereotyped group for that matter (punks, skaters, etc). There are many people who try to be something they are not. This world has its share of hypocrites. So you're saying ALL EMO kids don't try to be something they're not? That doesn't really make sense. =] Anyways, I'm done.

peace

SlipknoT
Ah ok... anyways back to the topic, whats so bad about emo music/style anyways? Everything

Afro Cheese

Not this person tho....I'm just making a point. You racist.

...Kidding. stick out tongue

Filth
Originally posted by StaT1c
It just depends on the EMO person or any person belonging to its stereotyped group for that matter (punks, skaters, etc). There are many people who try to be something they are not. This world has its share of hypocrites. So you're saying ALL EMO kids don't try to be something they're not? That doesn't really make sense. =] Anyways, I'm done.

peace

All I am saying is emo kids (and not the wannbes) are what they are and are not trying to be somthing, nor are they trying to fit in like some of the other social groups such as chavs....

moises
.....-_-

StaT1c
All I am saying is emo kids (and not the wannbes) are what they are and are not trying to be somthing, nor are they trying to fit in like some of the other social groups such as chavs.... Ummm...they try to get attention by complaining how life sucks and they don't have anyone to depend on and this and that. Yet they say that and they usually hang out in a big ass EMO groups having a good time and go on with their hypocritical theories. In my opinion, EMOs are full of shit and DO try to fit in. I'll add more later =]

peace

Filth
Originally posted by StaT1c
Ummm...they try to get attention by complaining how life sucks and they don't have anyone to depend on and this and that. Yet they say that and they usually hang out in a big ass EMO groups having a good time and go on with their hypocritical theories. In my opinion, EMOs are full of shit and DO try to fit in. I'll add more later =]

peace

In my time spent on this earth I have learn to acept people for what they are, I knew a girl once, she was one of these emo kids but I grew to love her, and she made me laugh. There not as bad as they seem, yeah they complain about life all the time but so do I life sucks and they have the right opinion...

StaT1c
In my time spent on this earth I have learn to acept people for what they are, I knew a girl once, she was one of these emo kids but I grew to love her, and she made me laugh. There not as bad as they seem, yeah they complain about life all the time but so do I life sucks and they have the right opinion... I respect your opinion. I'm only saying what comes to mind. If you feel I disrespected you in some way, then I apologize. The way I see it, you should feel happy and enjoy life and be glad you don't have to struggle like other people in other countries who starve, are opressed, or have no shelter. People take too many things for granted and don't come to their thoughts and instead make their own lives as miserable as they possibly can. Most of the time, its not their own lives that make them "depressed", it's themselves.

peace =]

Filth
Worry not friend you did not disrespect me as I feel everyone is alowd there own opinion. However it is my belief that depression is very painful thing to experience and it can feel far worse than any physical pain, so the ones who are depressed have right to complaine about life, but those who pretend are not worthy of life.

DeRFmAn
In my time spent on this earth I have learn to acept people for what they are, I knew a girl once, she was one of these emo kids but I grew to love her, and she made me laugh. There not as bad as they seem, yeah they complain about life all the time but so do I life sucks and they have the right opinion...

If your life is so bad and all that other shit stop being a whining friggin baby and just shoot yourself in the ****ing face. People who think like that have no concept of the world beyond what is immediately around them. Originally posted by StaT1c
I respect your opinion. I'm only saying what comes to mind. If you feel I disrespected you in some way, then I apologize. The way I see it, you should feel happy and enjoy life and be glad you don't have to struggle like other people in other countries who starve, are opressed, or have no shelter. People take too many things for granted and don't come to their thoughts and instead make their own lives as miserable as they possibly can. Most of the time, its not their own lives that make them "depressed", it's themselves.

peace =]

Like he said you take way too much shit for granted you should join the red cross go over to ethiopia (however you spell that) and take a good friggin look around because you obviously have it better then most of them seeing as how since you are on a computer, which means you have shelter, electricity, luxuries that others dont (such as computers) and I doubt you are starving because if you were you would sell your computer to get some friggin food so quit your goddamn whining friggin cry baby.

I apologize for being so harsh but wake the f*ck up.

Filth
If your life is so bad and all that other shit stop being a whining friggin baby and just shoot yourself in the ****ing face. People who think like that have no concept of the world beyond what is immediately around them.

Believe me I would love to just be able to end it all, but that would be wrong and selfish, I would not cure my problems. On a side note I will add that you are an ignorant fool.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>