Snoop Dogg Beats the Shit out of a Fan!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlipknoT
Tuesday, May 31, 2005

'Loyal fan' claims he was beaten onstage at Snoop Dogg concert

By ATHIMA CHANSANCHAI AND ROBERT L. JAMIESON Jr.
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTERS

A Seattle-area hip-hop fan claims he was pummeled onstage this weekend at a concert with Snoop Dogg, The Game, Oowee and other artists.

Richard Monroe, 24, said he jumped onstage to dance at the encouragement of the rap artists when about a dozen people, including Snoop Dogg, hit and kicked him repeatedly. He alleges they ripped out his diamond earrings, poured alcohol on him, stole his watch and cell phone and took his wallet containing cash and identification.

Joshua Trujillo / P-I
Snoop Dogg fan Richard Monroe keeps ice on his eyes, which are swollen shut. Monroe said he was beaten and his belongings were stolen when he went onstage at Snoop Dogg's concert at the White River Amphitheatre.
Fans who watched the chaotic scene on stage Saturday had varying accounts. Some said they saw a man rush toward the artists from the backstage area before the fight broke out.

"The Game was throwing everything he had into it, and you could see Oowee moving back and forward and kicking the guy. I was kind of shocked," said 17-year-old Thatcher Marshall, who sat in the front section.

Marshall said the violence erupted during Snoop Dogg's song "Gin and Juice."

Administrators of White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, where the concert took place, acknowledged late yesterday that a fan had approached the artist on stage "unexpectedly" and had to be removed.

"The safety and security of our artists and our patrons is very important to us," the amphitheater's executive director, Lance Miller, said in the statement.

"We fully support the local authorities in their investigation of this incident."

Monroe spoke to a deputy from the King County Sheriff's Office Sunday evening, and the deputy took his statement.

The Kent man's eyes were swollen almost shut during an interview with the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Sunday evening. He was taken by ambulance to Auburn Regional Medical Center, suffering bruised ribs, a broken nose and a busted lip, according to his family. He said if he weren't so big -- he stands 6-foot-3 and weighs 250 pounds -- his injuries might have been worse.

Monroe, an aspiring model who calls himself "a loyal fan" of Snoop Dogg's, said that within seconds of getting onstage, the rap stars' bodyguards pounced on him and dragged him to the back of the stage.

"White River security guards didn't do anything. They didn't help," he said. "What are they there for?"

The scuffle was a chat topic on Snoop Dogg's Web site over the weekend. "We were right up front and watched that fool get the (expletive) kicked outta him ... there was blood and (expletive) everywhere, man," wrote one.

The concert was the season opener for the White River Amphitheatre, on the Muckleshoot reservation. Many fans, who paid from $25 to $46 for tickets, were disappointed when the show abruptly ended after the incident.

"I kept hoping it would just end, and they would finish up the concert," said Marshall.

Representatives of Snoop Dogg could not be reached yesterday, but one talent manager said last night that anyone who jumps onstage should know they will be removed.

Anthony Johnson, Monroe's cousin, and Monroe's girlfriend, Sonya Waters, attended the concert with him. Neither jumped onstage. "All they had to do is say you ain't supposed to be on the stage," said Johnson. "He was there for a minute with Snoop kickin' it."

Monroe's friends and family allege that Snoop Dogg also hit him in the head with a microphone during the melee.

Snoop Dogg, a fixture on MTV shows who has branched out into movies such as "Soul Plane," was at the venue on the tail end of his How The West Was One Tour, in which he headlines with California rapper The Game.

Snoop Dogg is on tour promoting his latest record, R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece.

Some fans yesterday questioned whether the onstage brawl might have been part of the rap stars' act.

Monroe said it was no act.

"They beat me like a slave," he said, holding an ice bag to his face. "It's horrible. They just went too far."

laughing

BlackC@t
Someone got seriously hurt, I don't see what's so funny.

PVS
well what do you expect from a member of the crips and an ex crack dealer?

SlipknoT
He's Blood isnt he? Not Crip.

RedAlertv2
I saw video footage of this. For some reason, a fan walked on stage, and he got his ass kicked by Snoop Dogg and his entire music crew! It was quite the gangbanging

KidRock
" stole his watch and cell phone and took his wallet containing cash and identification."

LOL, like snoop dogg realllllly needs some guys wallet and cell phone. I think he is just looking for attention.

PVS
Originally posted by SlipknoT
He's Blood isnt he? Not Crip.

no, im pretty sure he's a crip

meh...wtf does it matter? "scumbags"

PVS
Originally posted by KidRock
" stole his watch and cell phone and took his wallet containing cash and identification."

LOL, like snoop dogg realllllly needs some guys wallet and cell phone. I think he is just looking for attention.

not really. its not about posessions, but more about posturing.
i find this very believable. not that i proclaim it to be true, but thats
typical thug bullshit.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by PVS
no, im pretty sure he's a crip

meh...wtf does it matter? "scumbags" Eh..Crips are pussies, Bloods own them.

PVS
Eh..Crips are pussies, Bloods own them.

i hope you're just joking.
im sure you are.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by PVS
i hope you're just joking.
im sure you are. Just saying that Cripps are usually pussies...

Rob Owns You
Ha snoop dogg is a f*cking moron. He needs to take that money and go buy himself a new voice. His voice makes him sound like a raspy ass
b!tch

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Rob Owns You
Ha snoop dogg is a f*cking moron. He needs to take that money and go buy himself a new voice. His voice makes him sound like a raspy ass
b!tch I like his older stuff

Cinemaddiction
Eh..Crips are pussies, Bloods own them.

They are all my bitches, and they know it.

Rob Owns You
You like snoop dogg? Eh slip how can you say that you dont like rap, yet you like one of the worst rappers there is?

SlipknoT
You like snoop dogg? Eh slip how can you say that you dont like rap, yet you like one of the worst rappers there is? No actually I do like some of it, And its not like I'm a die Hard fan, I just like a few of his older songs here and there.

Rob Owns You
No actually I do like some of it, And its not like I'm a die Hard fan, I just like a few of his older songs here and there.

Oh ok well I think that snoop dogg is seriously one of the worst rappers there is. Plus hes the one that started that stupid fo shizzle my nizzle wizzle dizzle shit

SlipknoT
Plus hes the one that started that stupid fo shizzle my nizzle wizzle dizzle shit Exactly laughing out loud

Afro Cheese
Snoop Dogg is a well known Crip, while The Game claims to be a Blood. It really means jack shit outside of compton though, both of them are just entertainers at this point.

Despite them making terrible music, I'd hope that Snoop and Game have more sense than to beat up a random fan for jumping on the stage. I don't doubt that they'd do it, but I hope it's false. If it is true, I hope the fan sues the shit outta them.

Rob Owns You
What a f*cking moron. You should listen to stuff like tech 9 if you want to hear good rappers. Snoop dog is not acceptable slip!!!!!

SlipknoT
What a f*cking moron. You should listen to stuff like tech 9 if you want to hear good rappers. Snoop dog is not acceptable slip!!!!! No Dude, I also Like Necro and Wutang

Rob Owns You
Oh Wutang is awsome

Afro Cheese
Snoop used to be good way back in his "Doggystyle" days, but he's sucked for quite a while now.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Snoop used to be good way back in his "Doggystyle" days, but he's sucked for quite a while now. Thats what I'm trying to say

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Snoop Dogg is a well known Crip, while The Game claims to be a Blood. It really means jack shit outside of compton though, both of them are just entertainers at this point.

Wonder what set Serena and Venus Williams claimed?

SlipknoT
What?

GCG
i saw the video and there was snoop and 2 guys with glasses of Orange juice doing the thing they call RAP.

Then a baity fellow ran to snoop's right and was gonna say : "Hi MOM..." and he got shoved, wrestled to the back of the stage and got the living daylights beaten out of him with punches and kicks.

I thought it was a bit of an over-reaction to kick a floored guy.

Dr. Strangelove
Does anyone have a link to the video?

GCG
he who asks shall be served

HIT me ; sorry .......Click ME !

Cinemaddiction
What?

See, in *quote fingers a la Chris Farley* "THA HOOD", should you so choose to "run" with a "set", at times, gang affiliates will insist on you providing proper identification in regards to which affiliation you "run with". It usually goes down like this..

"Say! Who's side are you on, pal?", to which the person being questioned would most likely recite his gang affiliation, his residential area's main street, their nickname, and quite possibly demonstrate a distinguishing trademark with his hands and or digits.

Serena and Venus Williams were born and raised in Compton, now, it's not likely that they "ran", therefore, it wouldn't be necessary for them to "claim their set" in any instances.

Keep this procedure in mind and your credibility in the neighborhood will soar to new heights!

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
See, in *quote fingers a la Chris Farley* "THA HOOD", should you so choose to "run" with a "set", at times, gang affiliates will insist on you providing proper identification in regards to which affiliation you "run with". It usually goes down like this..

"Say! Who's side are you on, pal?", to which the person being questioned would most likely recite his gang affiliation, his residential area's main street, their nickname, and quite possibly demonstrate a distinguishing trademark with his hands and or digits.

Serena and Venus Williams were born and raised in Compton, now, it's not likely that they "ran", therefore, it wouldn't be necessary for them to "claim their set" in any instances.

Keep this procedure in mind and your credibility in the neighborhood will soar to new heights! confused

Dr. Strangelove
I don't know if Venus and Serena affiliated with any gangs as the sisters dad pretty much kept them on tennis courts instead of the streets and gangs.

Cinemaddiction
Alright, easier terms...

I wondered what set Serena and Venus claimed. Probably none, although growing up in Compton, gangs were as prevalent as STD's there.

So, you walkin' down the street and some nigga gets all up in yo' grill, hollerin'.."Claim yo' set, *****!". That's when you jus' say "Oak Street Snitchjackets, yo." Throw up a sign, if you feel like. If he's cool with that..then you get to pass. If not, you bess' be strapped, ya heard? That nigga ain't tryin' to hear you be a rival on they turf, dun.

You comprehend?

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I don't know if Venus and Serena affiliated with any gangs as the sisters dad pretty much kept them on tennis courts instead of the streets and gangs.

"Compton Country Club, *****! WHAT! WHAT!"

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

SlipknoT
Alright, easier terms...

I wondered what set Serena and Venus claimed. Probably none, although growing up in Compton, gangs were as prevalent as STD's there.

So, you walkin' down the street and some nigga gets all up in yo' grill, hollerin'.."Claim yo' set, *****!". That's when you jus' say "Oak Street Snitchjackets, yo." Throw up a sign, if you feel like. If he's cool with that..then you get to pass. If not, you bess' be strapped, ya heard? That nigga ain't tryin' to hear you be a rival on they turf, dun.

You comprehend? laughing out loud Talk like that from now on in all threads

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by GCG

HIT me ; sorry .......Click ME ! Well that was a stupid move on his part, and though I don't agree with them beating him up.. he was stupid to think he would get away with that.

Dr. Strangelove
"Compton Country Club, *****! WHAT! WHAT!"

"Don't mess with me or I'll hit you with my racket, WEST SIDE COUNTRY CLUB HOLLA!"

Dr. Strangelove
Couldn't see the video as the media player didn't download on my stupid laptop. Will try to find another site carrying it.

Afro Cheese
Wonder what set Serena and Venus Williams claimed?
laughing out loud
They probably joined opposing gangs. You know how siblings are..

GCG
Bet you those two hit more balls than any one else !

Dr. Strangelove
Got the video to work. Really didn't see much once the skirmish started but from the reports a lot happened after the video was over. Certainly, Snoop and co should have let security handle it, but then again this is Snoop Dogg were talking about, not the most sensible guy on the planet.

GCG
Oh Come on !

Snoop & Co. didnt do shit !

It looks clearly that the fan pickpocketed Snoop !

Dr. Strangelove
FREE SNOOP!!!1111

HE THE JESIZLE OF ALL HIZZLE LIZZLE IZZLE RAP BIZZLE!

http://wobh.home.mindspring.com/test/pazzle.jpg

Typing like that made me feel stupider by the second. messed

KharmaDog
That guy's gonna be a millionaire! It's security's job to restrain and maintain. What they did was kick his fricken' ass! Not to mention that when percieved threat was nullified they kept kicking him to show all the fans how tough they were.

Was the guy stupid for getting on stage? No doubt. Did Snoop and his boys show how pathetic they are by beating him down like that? Even less doubt. Could a lawyer who has any clue whatsoever get this guy at least 3-5 million dollars from this? Abso-f*cking-lutely!

Jackie Malfoy
I never heard of that news.When did this happen?I mean i know but I do not even listen to him so it does not even matter to me.JM

KharmaDog
blowup

PVS

thank you for your insightful input JM.
i think you hit the nail on head.
so glad you are here to put complicated issues into perspective.
i guess its 'case closed' and this thread can be locked now laughing out loud

WindDancer

Richard Monroe, 24, said he jumped onstage to dance at the encouragement of the rap artists when about a dozen people, including Snoop Dogg, hit and kicked him repeatedly. He alleges they ripped out his diamond earrings, poured alcohol on him, stole his watch and cell phone and took his wallet containing cash and identification.

HAHAHA!!! What a moron!

Trickster
Originally posted by KharmaDog
blowup

Trickster
Wow - that guys gunna be in the money!

Curl_Up&Dye
Oh ok well I think that snoop dogg is seriously one of the worst rappers there is. Plus hes the one that started that stupid fo shizzle my nizzle wizzle dizzle shit

actually he didnt even start that, he ripped it off from carnies and wrestlers. They used it as a form of piglatin, so they could communicate to each other about what was going on in the show, without revealing anything to the paying audience

DeRFmAn
Well if they guy had been more subtle about being up there....he looked drunk from the way he was stumbling and he nearly took down snoop. I'm not defending snoop but had I been in that situation I can't say that I'd not react the same. To snoop it must have felt like he was being put in a headlock. Just look at the video.

ragesRemorse
As much as i hate snoop dogg and other rappers. I am sure there was instigation than just walking on stage. These guys have plenty of body gaurds to do the beating for them legally.

DeRFmAn
well if you watch the vid they guy looks drunk and in all reality it looks like he just wanted to chill with his arm around him but you have to look at from snoops pov he didnt see they guy coming and it looks like he almost was brought down by the guy.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by DeRFmAn
well if you watch the vid they guy looks drunk and in all reality it looks like he just wanted to chill with his arm around him but you have to look at from snoops pov he didnt see they guy coming and it looks like he almost was brought down by the guy.

yes

BadKitty
I can't imagine why he thought (the fan) he could just put his arms around these guys like they're best friends..but what they did was way to extreme and it's all on video..oh shit is this gonna sting their asses.

Freaky Zeeky
What they did wasn't extreme. Like DeRFmAn said the fan looked like he was about to put snoop in a head-lock.

Afro Cheese
What was extreme about it is when 20 of them started stomping the guy when he was already on the ground...

eggmayo
Maybe they started it to stop injury to the people on stage... noone wants more music murders.

Rob Owns You
What Im amazed at is at how the guys with the orange juice didnt spill a drop. They help on to their orange juice even while kicking the man laughing out loud

DeRFmAn
What Im amazed at is at how the guys with the orange juice didnt spill a drop. They help on to their orange juice even while kicking the man laughing out loud

Thats what you call talent. cool

Rob Owns You
True, when a black man holds on to his orange juice while beating somebody up then you know he has talent yes

eggmayo
Originally posted by GCG

HIT me ; sorry .......Click ME !
That link is something about fighting insurgents confused

bruthaindahood
Man that snoop dogg. well that kind of behavior is ridiculous.I'm really against violence especially when it isnt necesarry
its just not cool. And I also hate how celebreties never go to jail. stuuuuupiiiiid!

bruthaindahood
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Got the video to work. Really didn't see much once the skirmish started but from the reports a lot happened after the video was over. Certainly, Snoop and co should have let security handle it, but then again this is Snoop Dogg were talking about, not the most sensible guy on the planet.

wheres the darn video

DeRFmAn
if you see the video you'll realize what I said a page or 2 ago is true tho.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by DeRFmAn
Well if they guy had been more subtle about being up there....he looked drunk from the way he was stumbling and he nearly took down snoop. I'm not defending snoop but had I been in that situation I can't say that I'd not react the same. To snoop it must have felt like he was being put in a headlock. Just look at the video.

The beating the guy took wasn't justified, no matter how big an idiot the guy is for getting on the stage, Snoop and his Crew went WAAAAAAAYYY overboard.

Trained security would never have beat him down like that and would never have allowed Snoop and others to join in. These guys were thugs and punks. Once taken down this guy posed absolutely zero threat. Everybody joined in because it was the "thug" thing to do.

DeRFmAn
I'm not trying to sound dramatic or anything but if you're raised in the ghetto its hard to get it outta you. I'm not making excuses for them I do think they went over board but I know what it feels like to have someone surprise you with a headlock from behind. I'm white and I grew up on the south side of houston and I got f*cked with all the damn time to where whenever I'm in an unfamiliar place I try and get myself into a position where I can see everything going on so I don't get surprised by something. Its all most neurotic (however you spell that). I've moved since then its been almost 3 years since I moved out of there and I'm still the same way I don't ever think I stop doing things like, when I'm in a room I tend to have my back to the wall so again I won't have to worry about getting hit from behind.

But again I do realize that yes they did go overboard but I dont seem to fault them as much as others do.

BackFire
Lucky guy, I'd gladly take a beating onstage for several million dollars. Guy's a freaking genius.

DeRFmAn
I second that tho we will have to wait to find out if he files a suit

dark1365
Originally posted by BackFire
Lucky guy, I'd gladly take a beating onstage for several million dollars. Guy's a freaking genius.
I know, you can pay the mortgage off in an evening.

Blue Dragon
He's that rapper ain't he...all these kind of rappers & hoodes people, they're nothing but trouble makers! mad You say he got on stage to dance with Snoop Dogg?

Is he allowed up on stage? Besides I don't think beating him up is a good idea, he could have said don't come up here, what's wrong with that? mad no expression

Freaky Zeeky
Huh?
confused

DeRFmAn
chicken fingers

Freaky Zeeky
What the f**k?

HimoKun
Take this from someone who did grow in the ghetto. There is alot of gang beatings which include almost killing the guy by kicking the living shit out of him.

dark1365
You know when Snoop's ego's too large when...(read the title)

s|m
Originally posted by KharmaDog
blowup

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.