USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Dark Side Followers (Epireans)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Epireans are the native inhabitants of the planet Epireus.

They are tall, strong, violent, ugly, kinda brown creatures in a bronze age state of development. I am keen to distinguish 'Bronze Age' from 'Caveman'; just look at what the Egyptians managed. The Epireans have a recognisable civilisation (technically lots of little ones, but this is Star Wars so we ignore that), with what they call cities and basic technology.

They know of space travel due to previous contacts, though it is entirely beyond them. They can learn other languages just fine also, allowing communication.

Space travel makes them nervous, but force powers are totally outside their experience. Along with your lightsabres, they are scared out of their wits by you guys; they don't worship you as such, but they probably think you are some form of demonic star species. As they seem to respect strength-based domination, they are happy enough to work for you.

You don't own the planet, that's not feasible, but you always have access to Epirean followers. In that respect, they are the Dark Side equivalewnt of Padawans, though they work totally differently. They make good bdyguards, being strong, violent and intimidating (they also make rather brutal weapons), and can perform plenty of basics tasks like keeping watch, freeing you up for other stuff.

On any given Episode you can bring Epireans with you. You can only bring some- you cannot bring an army for two reasons:

1. You couldn't fit them on the ships

and more importantly

2. A few strange alien mercenaries will go unnoticed in the SW galaxy. But a whole army of unkown aliens- that's damn suspciious. People will talk and wonder. It might even be the Bureau that gets to hear of it. Doon got to Epireus; there must be records of the planet somewhere. Draw too much attention and your secret base will be exposed.

So please use the Epireans, but don't overdo it.

Epireans have a Strength of 9, and their grunts have a basic fighting value of 7. Their axes do Strength +4 damage.

Lord Melkor
Galder and Rianna may train some elites in using modern weapons, right?!

Ushgarak
Well, Rianna hates modern weapons, she only likes sabres.

Other than that, it might be possible, in time, to sophisticate them a little. As the next episode starts, though, they will be as listed above.

Lord Melkor
Hmm, Gallador will look for Epireans who seem to be more lucky/intelligent/insightful than others, checking them for at least a minimal amount of Force Potential. Not necessary enough to meet Jedi standards, but enough so they have potential to be taught some elementary Force Powers, like Sense or Pull.

Another question: You gave the stats for grunts, but we rather would take Champions with us. Is it possible to gain some named followers? Could Corruption be useful?

Trickster
stick out tongue Gallador's eager - I doubt it, Melkor.

We might get one... wink

Dexx
yep..he has a point. If there is the slightest bit of force potential in at least one of them, Takuan should probably know of him.
And yes, what about the champions....
there are a few questions i'd like to ask....how do we interract with them daily? (as in do we stroll in town in the evening or what), where do we get our supplies from.
and i'm curious if countinuous training(in the time span) from one of us with a bunch of them will create a named character or a few...

Lord Melkor
Good idea would be the check if they have some Shamans or Priest Caste, they could have unknowingly develop abilities like Dreams, Sense or Intution.

Dexx
well force potential isn't exactly an often thing to see...but..no harm ina sking

Lord Melkor
But aren`t Jedi training only those with a considerable amount of Force Potential/Midichlorians? Most likely only those who can achieve 10+ Farce Rating. I assume there are much more beings with a smaller amount of potential, but enough to be "Acolytes".

Lana
Hehe, neat....

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Well, Rianna hates modern weapons, she only likes sabres.

Heh, got that right.

Trickster
Indeed. If Tanic used a length of metal, about the size and weight of a lightsabre, could he spar with them?

(Also would like to train them to use guns)

But I think the point is it takes a long time to establish ourselves on the planet in the first place - we don't just arrive.

Ushgarak
Force potential is zero.

What sort of supplies?

As you will find out, you prefer not to interact with them at all. You don't like to go down there and they don't like to come up here. These ghuys are muscle, nothing more.

And they don't seem to have any other Champions that you have found.

Dexx
i see...what about training named characters

Ushgarak
None of the grunts you use really have that potential.

Lord Melkor
But we can use them to get in touch with the leaders....

Ushgarak
Well, I guess if you could have done you would!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.