hulk v wonder woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
did a quick search and was shocked i didn't find this thread immediately. i think it'd be a hellafight! who takes it?

by the way, i found it interesting that the 'experts' at wizard placed WW well above the hulk in their top 10 list . . .

Mainstream
in theroy WW could beat the HUlk if she get in a couple of really "near superman level" punches..but I believe Hulk...Savage Hulk or Professor Hulk..would prove to much for her.biggrin

Draco69
I say WW. I've already made several sound arguements of how WW can win.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Draco69
I say WW. I've already made several sound arguements of how WW can win.

I remember

ZephroCarnelian
She SHOULD win.

All Hulk has for him is his strength and his durabilty.

WW is the better fighter, she's faster, more maneuverable and close enough in strength to Supes to deliver some monstrous punches.

It depends on how quickly she gets the job done.

I'd say she probably has a better chance at it than Supes does as WWs more likely to go all out...

colossus17
hulk smash puny, big chested amazon woman!

Swanky-Tuna
*sings* Lasso of Truuuuuth.

ZephroCarnelian
"But Hulk has unlimited strength! He would snap the lassoo like string!"

"No."

"But why not?"

"Magic" big grinbig grinbig grin

Sentry
Lasso Of Truth, will tie Hulk up. She wins. Wonder Woman then asks Hulk, any questions mortal? He says why don't you use your Lasso on everyone and beat the sh!t out of them like you did me? Why does Superman routinely kick your a$$? Why didn't you use the Lasso on him to beat him? Why didn't you use the Lasso on Doomsday and tie him up, that would have prevented Superman from dying in their first conflict. Why can't you tie up Darkseid and kick his a$$? Doesn't he beat your a$$ on a regular basis everytime you meet? How can a retard like Bizarro break out of this Lasso. In my Savage form, I'm a retard, maybe I could break out of it too. I could break out of the Crimson Bands Of Cyttorrak but I can't break out of this? big grin

leonidas
<<Lasso Of Truth, will tie Hulk up. She wins. Wonder Woman then asks Hulk, any questions mortal? He says why don't you use your Lasso on everyone and beat the sh!t out of them like you did me? Why does Superman routinely kick your a$$? Why didn't you use the Lasso on him to beat him? Why didn't you use the Lasso on Doomsday and tie him up, that would have prevented Superman from dying in their first conflict. Why can't you tie up Darkseid and kick his a$$? Doesn't he beat your a$$ on a regular basis everytime you meet? How can a retard like Bizarro break out of this Lasso. In my Savage form, I'm a retard, maybe I could break out of it too. I could break out of the Crimson Bands Of Cyttorrak but I can't break out of this?>>

BWHAHAH . . . funny, AND it raises some interesting questions . . . i'm surprised everyone is picking diana.

Mainstream
hulk no smash flag laddie?

Sentry
Flag lady pretty... Hulk not smash. Hulk love.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Sentry
Lasso Of Truth, will tie Hulk up. She wins. Wonder Woman then asks Hulk, any questions mortal? He says why don't you use your Lasso on everyone and beat the sh!t out of them like you did me? Why does Superman routinely kick your a$$? Why didn't you use the Lasso on him to beat him? Why didn't you use the Lasso on Doomsday and tie him up, that would have prevented Superman from dying in their first conflict. Why can't you tie up Darkseid and kick his a$$? Doesn't he beat your a$$ on a regular basis everytime you meet? How can a retard like Bizarro break out of this Lasso. In my Savage form, I'm a retard, maybe I could break out of it too. I could break out of the Crimson Bands Of Cyttorrak but I can't break out of this? big grin
In another thread of yore when asked about Doomsday and WW, apparently Doomsday did get tied up but WW was in a weakened state and couldn't finish the job. Doomsday, while flopping around like a fish, got out of it and totaled her.

Sentry
Yeah, she was all beat up, but do you think if she was at full strength, do you think she could have held on to him? Maybe.

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah. It's magic.

If magic in comics was that easily overcome, then people could hurt Juggy. But they don't hurt him do they?

Swanky-Tuna
Oh, and the Crimson Bands are based on will. Kinda makes you wonder if Juggernaut could make himself stronger by practicing focus and such.

kgkg
i say WW wins after a very hard battle

6/10 wins

leonidas
<<i say WW wins after a very hard battle

6/10 wins>>

don't tell me we agree on something . . .

Mainstream
Originally posted by leonidas
<<i say WW wins after a very hard battle

6/10 wins>>

don't tell me we agree on something . . .

wonder woman pretty tough character43

Scoobless
the lasso would only really hold him if she quickly tied a knot in it after trapping him.... otherwise he shouldn't have any trouble loosening the non-knotted rope and freeing himself

LordFear
I pick Hulk for this.
Maybe certain versions of him might lose but primal, savage Hulk?
Not happening.
She couldn't put down Mongrul, Darkseid or really big bad asses.
Why would Hulk lose?
Brute strength alone prevails along with a regenerative ability that's astounding.
IF he grabs her, the fight is over. He will pummel her into submission or death.

Mainstream
Proffessor Hulk could beat her in a spelling bee too.

Superherovandal
but she would win in a modelling contest and a swim suit competition no problem big grin

Draco69
Originally posted by LordFear
I pick Hulk for this.
Maybe certain versions of him might lose but primal, savage Hulk?
Not happening.
She couldn't put down Mongrul, Darkseid or really big bad asses.
Why would Hulk lose?
Brute strength alone prevails along with a regenerative ability that's astounding.
IF he grabs her, the fight is over. He will pummel her into submission or death.

WW would easily win. She's faster, initially stronger and hell a of a fighter.

And she beat Mongrul and Darkseid once.

Lansinar technology and the lasso make the day.

long pig
Diana. Easily if she went all out.

Why is it that some people are immune to the lasso of truth?
What the hell makes you immune to it?

Draco69
Originally posted by long pig

Why is it that some people are immune to the lasso of truth?
What the hell makes you immune to it?

The only people known to be immune to the Lasso of Truth are Circe and some cosmic beings.

Gamma Crush!
Wonder Woman's strong as hell, and that's the truth. However, I seriously doubt she's stronger than the Hulk, even at his 'base strength'. Her godlike strength won't be of much help in this fight. She's got superior speed and fighting ability and potent magic, but Hulk's superior strength and durability would make this an extremely hard fight for her to win.

Draco69
Originally posted by Gamma Crush!
Wonder Woman's strong as hell, and that's the truth. However, I seriously doubt she's stronger than the Hulk, even at his 'base strength'.Her godlike strength won't be of much help in this fight.

Not stronger even at his base strength?:

Lifted an island (Themyscira) TWICE the size of Japan. Makes that mountain feat look pretty small.

Lifted the entire Empire State building with ONE arm and used the other deflect magical blasts froms Circe.

Lifted a Celestial craft the size of Denver City.

Pushed the moon out of its orbit.

Possesses the Strength of Gaea GREATER than that of Hercules. Hercules shouldered the entire Earth. Guess what Diana could do?

She's got superior speed and fighting ability and potent magic, but Hulk's superior strength and durability would make this an extremely hard fight for her to win.

It would be rather easy for her to win. Hulk is not nor never will be a tactical fighter. Even with Banner's intelligence, his method of battle is still "Hulk Smash!" That's it. Imagine a character that has mastered every single form of combat PLUS alien martial arts (i.e. Thangarian, Kryptonian, Martian, Akoloptian, etc.), has thousands of years of fighting experience, has defeated countless gods, possesses a technology that is basically an amalgram of Invisible Woman's forcefields and GL Lantern's ring, a head that can even turn gods to stone, near-Superman level strength and Mach 10 superspeed and you have a knocked the f*** out Hulk.

long pig
The only people known to be immune to the Lasso of Truth are Circe and some cosmic beings.

And Deathstroke.

long pig
http://secondtosupes.tripod.com/ds.html

Check out the scans, "sorry princess, I'm immune"

WTF ?

Draco69
What the F***?! Indeed. Good LORD. That was TERRIBLE writing. Jesus effing Christ. Batman beat Deathstroke. So OBVIOUSLY Batman is STRONGER and FASTER than Wonder Woman.

Ugh. It should be burned.

Gamma Crush!
Not stronger even at his base strength?:

Lifted an island (Themyscira) TWICE the size of Japan. Makes that mountain feat look pretty small.

Lifted the entire Empire State building with ONE arm and used the other deflect magical blasts froms Circe.

Lifted a Celestial craft the size of Denver City.

Pushed the moon out of its orbit.

Possesses the Strength of Gaea GREATER than that of Hercules. Hercules shouldered the entire Earth. Guess what Diana could do?

It would be rather easy for her to win. Hulk is not nor never will be a tactical fighter. Even with Banner's intelligence, his method of battle is still "Hulk Smash!" That's it. Imagine a character that has mastered every single form of combat PLUS alien martial arts (i.e. Thangarian, Kryptonian, Martian, Akoloptian, etc.), has thousands of years of fighting experience, has defeated countless gods, possesses a technology that is basically an amalgram of Invisible Woman's forcefields and GL Lantern's ring, a head that can even turn gods to stone, near-Superman level strength and Mach 10 superspeed and you have a knocked the f*** out Hulk.

I can't comment on most of those feats, except for her moving the Moon with the assistance of Superman and the Green Martian.

Hulk has closed an earthquake fissure while operating at his "base strength." Tectonic plates weigh a lot. I'm not convinced that Wonder Woman is stronger.

Wonder Woman's usual weaponry include her lasso, bracelets, and tiara. I don't recall her carrying the head of Medusa with her regularly. Wonder Woman is faster, and she's a better fighter, but Hulk has fought opponents of her calibur, namely, Thor. Regardless of the victor, this is a hard fought fight.

long pig
Batman never beat deathstroke in h2h or anything that I know of.
He did kick him off a building once.

Draco69
I can't comment on most of those feats, except for her moving the Moon with the assistance of Superman and the Green Martian.

That was the JLA/Titans arc. I'm referring to another issue.

Hulk has closed an earthquake fissure while operating at his "base strength." Tectonic plates weigh a lot. I'm not convinced that Wonder Woman is stronger.

Initially she's much stronger. After a long period of anger he'll eventually reach her strength level.

And for god's sake. If Hercules held the Earth, and Wonder Woman is stronger than him, the OBVIOUSLY a tectonic plate isn't going to be much for her to handle.

Wonder Woman's usual weaponry include her lasso, bracelets, and tiara. I don't recall her carrying the head of Medusa with her regularly. Wonder Woman is faster, and she's a better fighter, but Hulk has fought opponents of her calibur, namely, Thor. Regardless of the victor, this is a hard fought fight.

Read her comics. Her Lansinar Technology is carried in a small pouch in her costume. Another name for it is the "Invisible Plane" and the "Wonder Dome" I'll show you the Medousa Head in the next post.

If Spider-Man, Captain America and friggin Wolverine can dodge his blows...

Thor vs. Hulk battles have always been inconsistent. What does Thor do? Throw his hammer again and again like an idiot. WW wouldn't do the same. She would go Bruce Lee on his a$$. Not to mention the Lasso would restrain his movements greatly.

Draco69
Batman never beat deathstroke in h2h or anything that I know of.
He did kick him off a building once.

That may true. But for god's sake you gotta admit that's the worst pile of so-called writing since the Venom and Superman fight during the Access event.

sick

Sentry
It's crap writing? Must be the same guy who wrote Predator VS. Superman comic. Superman is defeated by a Predator in that comic. Could have been a graphic novel...

long pig
I dunno, it showed WW easily taking him out with one punch.
All the while she didn't want to kill him.

His only advantage was his reflex's and speed/agility, and of course him being smarter.

Not TOO hard to believe, Batman has hung with WW as well....gave her just as good of a fight as Slade did.

Draco69
Here it is:

long pig
What's that?

Draco69
I dunno, it showed WW easily taking him out with one punch.
All the while she didn't want to kill him.

His only advantage was his reflex's and speed/agility, and of course him being smarter.

Not TOO hard to believe, Batman has hung with WW as well....gave her just as good of a fight as Slade did.

WW holds back with Batman. She said so to Artemis. She even has to meditate to "lower" herself to his level. If she didn't hold back she would accidently knock his head off by mistake.

For god's sake she can deflect Professor Zoom's lightspeed blows and Superman's near-lightspeed heat vision....but Slade is too fast for her?!? sick

Gamma Crush!
That was the JLA/Titans arc. I'm referring to another issue.

Initially she's much stronger. After a long period of anger he'll eventually reach her strength level.

And for god's sake. If Hercules held the Earth, and Wonder Woman is stronger than him, the OBVIOUSLY a tectonic plate isn't going to be much for her to handle.

Read her comics. Her Lansinar Technology is carried in a small pouch in her costume. Another name for it is the "Invisible Plane" and the "Wonder Dome" I'll show you the Medousa Head in the next post.

If Spider-Man, Captain America and friggin Wolverine can dodge his blows...

Thor vs. Hulk battles have always been inconsistent. What does Thor do? Throw his hammer again and again like an idiot. WW wouldn't do the same. She would go Bruce Lee on his a$$. Not to mention the Lasso would restrain his movements greatly.

I am not aware of Hercules holding the Earth, or his strength in relation to Wonder Woman's. I have yet to be convinced that Wonder Woman is stronger than the Hulk.

Captain America nor Wolverine have ever dodged Hulk's punches. The only time Spiderman has ever dodged Hulk's blows was when he possessed the power of Captain Universe. He often battles heroes with a high degree of superspeed. He isn't the slow clod that you believe him to be.

Thor uses his fighting ability to great effect against Hulk. He rarely uses Mjolnir. The fact of the matter is that Hulk's incredible durability and insane regenerative abilities compensate for what he lacks in fighting ability and super speed.

How exactly does the head fit in this small pouch?

Draco69
What's that?

WW using the Medousa head on a Hekton-Kheires. A Titan of myth. Briarheos himself.

Gamma Crush!
I apologize for not posting this in my previous post, Draco69, but how exactly did Hercules hold up the Earth? Was it in peril of falling?

long pig
Herculese did that in the myth, not actuall continuity.
Just like Thor didn't lift the snake that was squeezing the earth.

Same names, different powers.
one is a comic, the other is a religion.

Draco69
I am not aware of Hercules holding the Earth, or his strength in relation to Wonder Woman's. I have yet to be convinced that Wonder Woman is stronger than the Hulk.

What more convincing do you need? Think it about. He can trade blows with Class 85 (Thing & Namor) character....but one punch cannot knock themout? Wonder Woman can lift well into the millions of tons. But Hulk has trouble with the Thing and Namor?

Captain America nor Wolverine have ever dodged Hulk's punches. The only time Spiderman has ever dodged Hulk's blows was when he possessed the power of Captain Universe. He often battles heroes with a high degree of superspeed. He isn't the slow clod that you believe him to be.

Captain America dodged and even friggin blocked on of his punches numerous times particularly when the Hulk left the Avengers. And several other times when he faced the Avengers in a battle.

Did you read Wolverine's first appearance in the Hulk. Hulk couldn't land a hit. Only when Wolverine was distracted by the Norwegian girl was he able to land a blow. And I won't even mention his period as Death.

Spider-Man faced the Hulk as a plain ol' normal self...and dodged every blow. Hulk only managed to get a glancing blow after hours of fighting and Petey was beginning to tire.

Wonder Woman can exceed the speed of sound by folds. Add her near-Superman-level strength and fighting ability and Hulk loses.

Any blow coming her way would be dodged, deflected or parried.

Thor uses his fighting ability to great effect against Hulk. He rarely uses Mjolnir. The fact of the matter is that Hulk's incredible durability and insane regenerative abilities compensate for what he lacks in fighting ability and super speed.

No he doesn't. He punches Hulk then he throws his hammer. Rinse and repeat. Sometimes he uses a occassional lightening bolt. But all his fights with Hulk have been a very poor showing of Thor's abilities.

The Hulk durability and regenerative abilites would only compensate for a while. WW would eventually have his number...and proceed to kick the crap out him.

How exactly does the head fit in this small pouch?

Not the head. The Lansinar technology. Although she now carries a bag with Medousa's Head in it.

Draco69
I apologize for not posting this in my previous post, Draco69, but how exactly did Hercules hold up the Earth? Was it in peril of falling?

Did you read the Seven Labours of Hercules? He held it for Atlas.

Draco69
Herculese did that in the myth, not actuall continuity.
Just like Thor didn't lift the snake that was squeezing the earth.

Same names, different powers.
one is a comic, the other is a religion.

Not true. Hercules in the Marvel Universe maybe. But certainly not Hercules of DC universe. Everyone of his feats actually happened. Diana even got to see a magical pamphlet that showed him holding the Earth.

Hercules is MUCH different from Marvel Hercules.

long pig
Are you serious?
How do they explain holding up the earth??

Draco69
Are you serious?
How do they explain holding up the earth??

The same reason they explain ANY type of magical feat: magic.

Yes it defies all laws of physics. But what doesn't in the DC universe? big grin

Gamma Crush!
What more convincing do you need? Think it about. He can trade blows with Class 85 (Thing & Namor) character....but one punch cannot knock themout? Wonder Woman can lift well into the millions of tons. But Hulk has trouble with the Thing and Namor?

Captain America dodged and even friggin blocked on of his punches numerous times particularly when the Hulk left the Avengers. And several other times when he faced the Avengers in a battle.

Did you read Wolverine's first appearance in the Hulk. Hulk couldn't land a hit. Only when Wolverine was distracted by the Norwegian girl was he able to land a blow. And I won't even mention his period as Death.

Spider-Man faced the Hulk as a plain ol' normal self...and dodged every blow. Hulk only managed to get a glancing blow after hours of fighting and Petey was beginning to tire.

Wonder Woman can exceed the speed of sound by folds. Add her near-Superman-level strength and fighting ability and Hulk loses.

Any blow coming her way would be dodged, deflected or parried.

No he doesn't. He punches Hulk then he throws his hammer. Rinse and repeat. Sometimes he uses a occassional lightening bolt. But all his fights with Hulk have been a very poor showing of Thor's abilities.

The Hulk durability and regenerative abilites would only compensate for a while. WW would eventually have his number...and proceed to kick the crap out him.

Not the head. The Lansinar technology. Although she now carries a bag with Medousa's Head in it.

I think you're mistaken. Captain America hadn't even been introduced when Hulk left the Avengers. Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man founded the Avengers. Hulk left the Avengers when the Space Phantom disguised himself as Hulk, and his teammates attacked ruthlessly. Captain America hadn't even been conceived. He has never dodged blows from th Hulk.

I own the the issue in which Wolverine was introduced. Wolverine did not dodge Hulk's blows, and he was defeated soundly.

Once again, I challenge you to find an issue in which normal Spiderman has dodged Hulk's blows, without the advantage of the powers of Captain Universe. I will search my collections.

Do you own any of Hulk and Thor's battles? I own quite a few. Thor uses Mjolnir's power as a last resort. He uses his mastery of hand to hand fighting when battling Hulk. When Hulk's strength becomes too great of a factor, he resorts to Mjolnir.

Why would his durability and regeneration fail? Both increase with his anger, similarly to his strength. The angier he becomes, the more durable he will become. The longer the fight lasts, the more it turns in Hulk's favor. If anyone's durability is in question, it's Wonder Woman's

Could you referr me to the last issue in which Wonder Woman carried the head with her in battle? In a recent JLA comic book, I did not see her carrying it.

Did you read the Seven Labours of Hercules? He held it for Atlas.

Is this a DC comic book series, or are you referring to the actual legend?

Gamma Crush!
The same reason they explain ANY type of magical feat: magic.

Yes it defies all laws of physics. But what doesn't in the DC universe? big grin

What was he standing on?

Gamma Crush!
Sorry again, here's my reply adressing Hulk's strength.

Hulk trades blows with Thing and Namor both. But, it has also been shown that he can lift billions upon billions of tons while totally calm. Hulk doesn't attack people, or start fights. He just want's to be left alone, and will do whatever his necessary to be rid of his foes. It isn't always a question of strength, but instead, durability. On the other hand, who wants to read a fight in which Hulk knocks out his opponent in one punch? Is it really much different than Wonder Woman trading blows with Deathstroke? Wonder Woman isn't exactly notorious for knocking out her opponents in one punch, either. The companies do have to sell comics.

If you don't mind, I'd like some sort of concrete evidence proving that Wonder Woman is stronger than Hulk is while calm.

Draco69
I think you're mistaken. Captain America hadn't even been introduced when Hulk left the Avengers. Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man founded the Avengers. Hulk left the Avengers when the Space Phantom disguised himself as Hulk, and his teammates attacked ruthlessly. Captain America hadn't even been conceived. He has never dodged blows from the Hulk.

You're right I was mistaken about that. (Stupid Caffeine rush).

I own the the issue in which Wolverine was introduced. Wolverine did not dodge Hulk's blows, and he was defeated soundly.

Uh...no. All it took was ONE punch to knock out Wolverine. Wolverine dodged all his punches was practically playing leap-frog with him. The only reason Hulk managed to get a blow was because the Norwegian sister of the avatar of Wendigo distracted him. And Hulk took that to his advantage.

Once again, I challenge you to find an issue in which normal Spiderman has dodged Hulk's blows, without the advantage of the powers of Captain Universe. I will search my collections.

Web of Spider-Man #8

ASM #119-120

Marvel Treasury Edition #28

Marvel Team-Up #124

Incredible Hulk #300

Amazing Spider-Man #500

Need anymore?

Do you own any of Hulk and Thor's battles? I own quite a few. Thor uses Mjolnir's power as a last resort. He uses his mastery of hand to hand fighting when battling Hulk. When Hulk's strength becomes too great of a factor, he resorts to Mjolnir.

I don't own. But I have read them. Unfortnately it doesn't accurately displays how Thor really fights. It was just a plot to see which characters were stronger.

And unfortnately for Thor he doesn't have superspeed. Diana does. That combined with her strength and fighting skills would negate a rather large portion of his blows.

Why would his durability and regeneration fail? Both increase with his anger, similarly to his strength. The angier he becomes, the more durable he will become. The longer the fight lasts, the more it turns in Hulk's favor. If anyone's durability is in question, it's Wonder Woman's

His durability would be in question because of this factor:

A thousand near-Superman blows per second at superspeed. Namor knocked him out with a couple of blows underwater.

Regeneration would be in question because the Lansinar technology can analyze and counteract it. It can become anything it desires.

If you notice I'm not even mentioning the Lansinar technology nor the lasso to its fullest potential. The Lasso has calming effect on those entrapped in it's grasp. Calmness plus the Hulk equal Bruce Banner.

Could you referr me to the last issue in which Wonder Woman carried the head with her in battle? In a recent JLA comic book, I did not see her carrying it.

Sure. Wonder Woman #213. Here's a tip: READ. HER. BOOKS. JLA is never and never will be a accurate display of her abilities. Especially with the needless amping of Batman.

Is this a DC comic book series, or are you referring to the actual legend?

This is an actual event in DC continuity. Not legend. The only changes is the fact that Hercules is more of an @$$ in this universe.

Draco69
What was he standing on?

Some mystical plane. It was a glittery looking cloud. confused

long pig
Billions of tons while calm?

Draco69
Sorry again, here's my reply adressing Hulk's strength.

Hulk trades blows with Thing and Namor both. But, it has also been shown that he can lift billions upon billions of tons while totally calm.
Hulk doesn't really attack people. He just want's to be left alone, and will do whatever his necessary to be rid of his foes. It isn't always a question of strength, but instead, durability. Besides, is it really much different than Wonder Woman trading blows with Deathstroke?

That's strange the Official Handbook of the Incredible Hulk says otherwise.

He needs anger to reach that level. He certainly cannot reach the level of strength when he is calm. That's ludicrous. When he's calm he is at his weakest. He needs anger OR adrenaline to reach that level of strength. Particularly when a mountain his about to crush him.

Durability? Wonder Woman was hit by Zoom at lightspeed. Traveled from New York to Paris in less than a second. Hit the ground EXTREMELY hard. Then was hit again to Egypt. Then to China. Then COMPLETELY around the world to Themyscira. The entire time she was laughing at him.

Wonder Woman isn't exactly notorious for knocking out her opponents in one punch, either. If you don't mind, I'd like some sort of concrete evidence proving that Wonder Woman is stronger than Hulk is while calm. I'd like some concrete evidence

I already gave you evidence. Look a couple pages back. I sincerely suggest reading her comics.

WW is initially stronger than the Hulk. After several bouts of anger he'll eventually surpass her. Not that he would be conscious that long anyway.

long pig
Calm hulk is only around the 75 ton mark, everything i've ever read shows this.

Gamma Crush!
Calm hulk is only around the 75 ton mark, everything i've ever read shows this.

Would "everything" include his comic books?

Gamma Crush!

He needs anger to reach that level. He certainly cannot reach the level of strength when he is calm. That's ludicrous. When he's calm he is at his weakest. He needs anger OR adrenaline to reach that level of strength. Particularly when a mountain his about to crush him.

Durability? Wonder Woman was hit by Zoom at lightspeed. Traveled from New York to Paris in less than a second. Hit the ground EXTREMELY hard. Then was hit again to Egypt. Then to China. Then COMPLETELY around the world to Themyscira. The entire time she was laughing at him.

I already gave you evidence. Look a couple pages back. I sincerely suggest reading her comics.

WW is initially stronger than the Hulk. After several bouts of anger he'll eventually surpass her. Not that he would be conscious that long anyway.

There is no "Official Handbook of the Incredible Hulk" in print. There is an "Incredible Hulk Encyclopedia," and "The Incredible Guide to Hulk" published by DK. If you're referring to the book published by DK, it's full of inaccuracies. The Hulk Encyclopedia merely preceeds the movie, and doesn't offer much information.

I'll respond to the rest tomorrow. Good night, and nice debating you Draco69.

Cosmic Cube

Ahh, this thread brings back memories.

lol

Handbooks aren't worth anything. Use the comics when gauging power. Truth is, everything Gamma has said pertaining to Hulk's strength is true. Hulk moved tectonic plates while 100% calm. When angry, he has punched the Earth from it's orbit, destroyed planets, and performed other feats of strength that Wonder Woman could only dream of.

I don't know where everyone got the notion that it takes hours four Hulk to attain a certain level of strength. He isn't Goku. Hulk starts off with an insane base strength, and he becomes stronger when more strength is required. He doesn't have to charge his anger, or anything. It just increases exponentially. It's that simple. Hulk is the strongest; bar none. Strength is no object.

Draco also has a valid point. Though Thor certainly does use his fighting ability against Hulk, (which is countered by Hulk's durability,) he has never unleashed the full fury of Mjolnir on Hulk, either. The results would be disasterous for Hulk.

Even still, Wonder Woman has many advantages other than strength. She's a uber-well-rounded god-like character with incredible fighting ability, unbreakable bracelets that project forcefields, a lasso that's unbreakable, and access to a source of power that can make her nigh-omnipotent. Hulk's strength would only carry him so far in this battle, and it isn't exactly the point of victory. Hulk is more than a match for Wonder Woman physically, but Wondie using all of her abilities and resources, plus her thousands of years of fighting experience... let's say Hulk has a better chance of beating Superman.

JWangSDC
There is no "Official Handbook of the Incredible Hulk" in print. There is an "Incredible Hulk Encyclopedia," and "The Incredible Guide to Hulk" published by DK. If you're referring to the book published by DK, it's full of inaccuracies. The Hulk Encyclopedia merely preceeds the movie, and doesn't offer much information.

JWangSDC
And hulk is like 95 ton strength when he is calm.

Also I don't believe that things weigh the same in the DC universe, but Diana would still be in level 7 in the marvel universe. That is...stronger than the hulk when he's calm. If you went by number for number...Diana is probably stronger than the hulk even when he's enraged...but that's only because DC power levels are ridiculous.

I prefer to think Diana is around Thor's strength, slightly lower. Still...that's stronger than a relaxed hulk.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by JWangSDC
And hulk is like 95 ton strength when he is calm.

Also I don't believe that things weigh the same in the DC universe, but Diana would still be in level 7 in the marvel universe. That is...stronger than the hulk when he's calm. If you went by number for number...Diana is probably stronger than the hulk even when he's enraged...but that's only because DC power levels are ridiculous.

I prefer to think Diana is around Thor's strength, slightly lower. Still...that's stronger than a relaxed hulk.

Handbooks count for nothing. The DC Encyclopedia estimates that Wonder Woman can lift fifty tons. Use comics. Diana can obviously lift a lot more than 50 tons. Hulk's strength, while calm, is obviously much higher than 95 tons. Put down the handbooks and read some Hulk comics for Christ's sake.

Cosmic Cube

He needs anger to reach that level. He certainly cannot reach the level of strength when he is calm. That's ludicrous. When he's calm he is at his weakest. He needs anger OR adrenaline to reach that level of strength. Particularly when a mountain his about to crush him...

...WW is initially stronger than the Hulk. After several bouts of anger he'll eventually surpass her. Not that he would be conscious that long anyway.

If you actually read Hulk comics, you wouldn't make comments like that.

Nothing you've said proves that Wonder Woman is stronger.

leonidas
the problem i have with the 'calm hulk is weak' theory is that if he were truly 'calm' he wouldn't BE hulk. hulk has lasted in lengthy battles with foes who, by your reasoning draco, are MUCH stronger than hulk at the outset of the fight, and yet THEY (thor, hercules, juggernaut to name only a couple) have proven unable to put hulk down - quickly or any other way! if they couldn't beat hulk quickly enough to keep him from getting even stronger, i don't see diana doing it either. that's not to say she couldn't beat him, i just don't think it would be anything RESEMBLING a quick fight. that lasso, however, is a big factor and i'd love to see the results of her using it on him.

JWangSDC
uhh..buddy, read my post. The guy says no such thing as a handbook exists, so I showed him one does.

Also, the hulk has to be pissed to be the hulk, but I'll find the comic where he's gettign tossed around by thor until he gets really pissed off.

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Handbooks count for nothing. The DC Encyclopedia estimates that Wonder Woman can lift fifty tons. Use comics. Diana can obviously lift a lot more than 50 tons. Hulk's strength, while calm, is obviously much higher than 95 tons. Put down the handbooks and read some Hulk comics for Christ's sake.

JWangSDC
http://www.geocities.com/hulksmashes/hulk402.html

how about that? Juggernaut is only ~90 tons range anyway

K3VIL
Someone here mentioned Thor.
If during his fights with Hulk Thor was REALLY showed using his skills like in Thor VS Loky and Fenris in Ragnarok saga and his powers over the weather like in his fight with Durok also happened during Ragnarok, he'll school him so bad probably fanboys will start to cry fulling the planet with their tears.
I mean, someone that without his uru hammer can school a Loki powered by another Uru Hammer and Fenris, shouldn't be showed going down cause Hulk got mad and hit with 3 blows stronger than those he took before.
Thor just need to grab Hulk into a submission move, then blast him.
Same way, WW need to grab him with the lasso, pummel his face with 3 fists at Mach 100 speed, throw his body into space.

Cosmic Cube
http://www.geocities.com/hulksmashes/hulk402.html

how about that? Juggernaut is only ~90 tons range anyway

If you even read the handbook, you'd know that Juggernaut can lift a whole hell of a lot more than 90 tons. He is level 7 as well.

Cosmic Cube
uhh..buddy, read my post. The guy says no such thing as a handbook exists, so I showed him one does.

Also, the hulk has to be pissed to be the hulk, but I'll find the comic where he's gettign tossed around by thor until he gets really pissed off.

Actually, he said that there is no "Official Handbook of the Incredible Hulk" in print, and that's the truth.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K3VIL
Someone here mentioned Thor.
If during his fights with Hulk Thor was REALLY showed using his skills like in Thor VS Loky and Fenris in Ragnarok saga and his powers over the weather like in his fight with Durok also happened during Ragnarok, he'll school him so bad probably fanboys will start to cry fulling the planet with their tears.
I mean, someone that without his uru hammer can school a Loki powered by another Uru Hammer and Fenris, shouldn't be showed going down cause Hulk got mad and hit with 3 blows stronger than those he took before.
Thor just need to grab Hulk into a submission move, then blast him.
Same way, WW need to grab him with the lasso, pummel his face with 3 fists at Mach 100 speed, throw his body into space.

That just gives you an idea of how strong and durable the Hulk is. He's just stronger and more durable than you realize. However I agree that is Thor really used Mjolnir's power on Hulk, he'd get schooled. Thor is way more powerful than many people know. To think, some people actually believe Superman could beat him. laughing

dvampire
Originally posted by leonidas
did a quick search and was shocked i didn't find this thread immediately. i think it'd be a hellafight! who takes it?

by the way, i found it interesting that the 'experts' at wizard placed WW well above the hulk in their top 10 list . . .

I think WW would win because she is a trained fighter, plus she has the ability to fly, making it more difficult for the Hulk to get a good attack on her, and the speed advantage.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by dvampire
I think WW would win because she is a trained fighter, plus she has the ability to fly, making it more difficult for the Hulk to get a good attack on her, and the speed advantage.

I agree.

Draco69

I think JangWCS already made an appropiate response...

Bye. See you too. Although that may be a couple of hours....

Draco69
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Even still, Wonder Woman has many advantages other than strength. She's a uber-well-rounded god-like character with incredible fighting ability, unbreakable bracelets that project forcefields, a lasso that's unbreakable, and access to a source of power that can make her nigh-omnipotent. Hulk's strength would only carry him so far in this battle, and it isn't exactly the point of victory. Hulk is more than a match for Wonder Woman physically, but Wondie using all of her abilities and resources, plus her thousands of years of fighting experience... let's say Hulk has a better chance of beating Superman.

yes I completely agree. WW won't hold back. You get WW angry WATCH OUT. She'll go into a beserker rage that would make Wolvie wet his pants. Superman unfortunately will hold back even in bloodlust. For god's sake when the Imperiux was gonna create another Big Bang Superman STILL didn't use his powers to the max. He has this obessive desire not to kill or seriously harm his opponents regardless of the harm to others or how desperate the situation is. sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.