Discussion: Batman Year One by Frank Miller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Batman Year One

June Book of the Month

All discussions related to this book should be in this thread. To keep readability of posts, there is no need to use spoilers in your posts unless you feel it is absolutely necessary. Anyone reading the posts in this particular thread must be aware that they may contain spoilers about the plot and characters of the book.

Note: The Deluxe Edition Reprint of Batman Year One is also acceptable for discussion. It was released recently in May and you can find it at your local bookstore or amazon. Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1401206905/qid=1117740944/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-9840808-6480801?v=glance&s=books

Clovie
(just off topic question: what movies are comming out in july? erm)

Bardock42
Originally posted by Clovie
(just off topic question: what movies are comming out in july? erm)

Who cares for July, Batman comes out in June. And for us germand The HHGTTG comes out too, and I have birthday in june, JUNE ROXXORS.

Now for the book, well I didn'T read it, I read the comic, is that acceptable too?

If it is I have to say it was decent not great though, I didn
't like that he used a gun, nor that he found the killer of his parents

That being said, it isn't Batman continuity, is it?

WindDancer
Certainly! The comic book issues count. But if you can get the book is even better. Or like I mention in the first post the reprint is perfectly fine.

whirlysplat
Tear 1 is Very good, but not as good as the Schwartz/Austin seventies Batman. imo the real "Darknight"

WindDancer
I been looking for the reprints of seventies Batman but no luck. But yes their stories of the Dark Knight are among the best.

DCLXVI
Seventies' Batman rocked, but my favourite was the eighties-to-nineties era Batman. wink

ON-TOPIC> The one thing I didn't like about the Comic Book, (which I've read), is that Batman used a gun. A gun? I thought that was the whole point behind his becoming Batman, that he swore he would never use a weapon like a gun - hence the premise for the okay cartoon show, "Batman Beyond".

Still, it was a good read, and Frank Miller is awesome.

WindDancer
Originally in his first year (back in the early days of Detective Comics) Batman did carry a gun with him. So years later DC was stuck with the origin of Batman. Then they decided to bring Miller in to help with fixing the dilema of Batman early days as a crime fighter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.