A question regarding orcs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
where they weak to sunlight?I always thought they where and thats why the Uraki where created.Am I right or wrong?

JohnnyBloom
I'm not entirely sure ... they're deffinately not in the films, I always though the Urukhai were created beause they were better fighters ...

mr.smiley
I know middle earth for dummies says they where,but other than that,i'm not sure

xXLauriëXx
i'd always thought orcs hated sunlight

LandoSpeeder2
wasn't it just the goblins that hated light?

Exabyte

DCLXVI
One of the things that bothered me about the films was how they made it out to seem that Saruman created the Uruk-hai, when there are references throughout one, or two of the books recalling the "black Uruks of Mordor", or something of the like....

Exabyte
Originally posted by DCLXVI
One of the things that bothered me about the films was how they made it out to seem that Saruman created the Uruk-hai, when there are references throughout one, or two of the books recalling the "black Uruks of Mordor", or something of the like....
Yes, it was Sauron who created them, some centuries earlier... they were responsible for one of the first attacks on Osgiliath as far as I remember, that was in... 2475 TA? That's more than 500 years before the War of the Ring

DCLXVI
Uh....exactly. stick out tongue

*Puts on hick-accent:*
Yeah, I loves them Mordor Orcs....

Smodden
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I know middle earth for dummies says they where,but other than that,i'm not sure

That book, has a lot of the author's own oppinion in it...and I don't think a lot of it is true to Tolkien. He just has a lot of ideas that's all.

mr.smiley
Is their any definate proof they where weak too it?Like within the book?

Exabyte
Tolkien for example mentions it when the Fellowship leaves Moria smile I think they also used that in the film.
What sort of 'proof' are you looking for? A quote or what? confused

xXLauriëXx
Originally posted by Smodden
That book, has a lot of the author's own oppinion in it...and I don't think a lot of it is true to Tolkien. He just has a lot of ideas that's all.
yeah.. we should get exa to rewrite a proper version yes

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Exabyte
Tolkien for example mentions it when the Fellowship leaves Moria smile I think they also used that in the film.
What sort of 'proof' are you looking for? A quote or what? confused

Kind of,but what you said helps a lot.

Exabyte
The only quote from the book I remember atm is when Aragorn says "The Orcs will not come out till after dusk, but we must be far away before nightfall" - I can't find the passage though where he directly states how the orcs hate sunlight.

Flying High

Smodden

Morning_Glory

is there really a book called "Middle Earth for Dummies" ??

Smodden
Yes...and I own a copy.no expression

Morning_Glory
oh my! ... I might go buy a copy ... embarrasment

DCLXVI
laughing out loud

Fëanor
Originally posted by Smodden
Yes...and I own a copy.no expression hehehehe....i was this close *puts forefinger and thumb microinches apart* to buying that book

instead i got a harlequin romance novel with fabulous fabio's pecs gracing the cover.....what? no expression

Morning_Glory
but there is seriously a book called " middle earth for dummies"

Fëanor
actually there really is....at first when i saw a dummies book in the scifi/fantasy section, i thought someone had stocked it in the wrong place

sure enough, it was about middle earth...heh go figure erm

Morning_Glory
i might go check it out erm

Fëanor
i was actually thinking about buying it.....just to add to my growing collection on things Lord of the Ring no expression

Exabyte
Originally posted by Flying High
but get some one to dumb it down....most of the time i hardly understand what Exa says no expression
That's because I can't speak English stick out tongue embarrasment

Middle-earth for Dummies? hyper I want that I want that happy *goes to search for it on Amazon*
*wonders if there's enough room left in her Tolkien bookshelf ermm*

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by DCLXVI

yrah, that always annoyed me too ... fillm-makers licence!

Smodden

shaber
Sunlight makes them lightheaded.

mr.smiley
Middle Earth for dummies helped me understand a lot of things that originaly I was clueless about.

Morning_Glory
found it on amazon happy

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0764541862.01._PIdp-schmoo2,TopRight,7,-26_PE32_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

mr.smiley
Awesome.

Morning_Glory
happy yep

Flying High
Originally posted by Exabyte
That's because I can't speak English stick out tongue embarrasment

Middle-earth for Dummies? hyper I want that I want that happy *goes to search for it on Amazon*
*wonders if there's enough room left in her Tolkien bookshelf ermm*
no....it's cause she speak it far better than me lol...

Nazgul lord
where they weak to sunlight?I always thought they where and thats why the Uraki where created.Am I right or wrong?

they hate sunlight because it makes them weak dude

mr.smiley
Some one on the comic book versus forum told me I was stupid for thinkng that! mad

Nazgul lord
thats why there on the comic book versus forum and not here!

mr.smiley
Well I guess I can put it to rest somewhat.
I'll give him the link!

Discos
I didnt get the feeling (during the movies) that Saruman originally created Urik-Hai. I mean when your mother makes a caserole dish you dont immediatly assume she was the original creator if it.

Discos - Saruman just wanted some Caserole yes

Flying High
your mum makes caserole dishes eek!

mr.smiley
Caserole is awesome!

DCLXVI
Tuna!

Exabyte
Where... where have the orcs suddenly disappeared to? cry

Fëanor
*in deep gravelly grunty voice*

I *pounds chest* Grishnakakaka am here *grunts*! Would the lady *grunts* likes some maggoty flesh *grunts* for lunches? *grunts*

*snickers*

Flying High
yum no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.