The Empire vs. The Yuuzhan Vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Follower
Could Palpatine's Empire, at the height of its power and order, have defeated the Vong?

With ruthless aggression, a disregard for loss of life on both sides and the Empire's superweapons, I feel they could have pulled it off.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Empire all the way!

TraptUnderIce
I'm not too sure. A group of Vong could probably take on a whole army of stormtroopers. It was never very clear but I think the Vong armor could take a blaster shot. It is very vague because half way through they noticed they made the vong too difficult to beat and allowed lightsabers to penetrate easier. I'm rambling now but could blasters penetrate vong armor would sum up the battle.

Star Destroyers vs Worldships would be interesting also. Tie Fighters would easily be beaten by the Vong ship. (Forgot the name) As for the Worldship I think they would eventually beat the Destroyers after the fighters swarmed the destroyers and overwhelmed their shields.

Darth_Glentract
still, there was maybe ten worldships vs. 25000 star destroyers

Sith Follower
Also, the Empire had many other fighters beside the basic TIE Fighter. There were TIE Interceptors and that specialized one Vader flew in A New Hope. With Palpatine's battle mediation and if he called in Thrawn to assist, I think I'd give the Empire the edge.

Corranhorn
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
Tie Fighters would easily be beaten by the Vong ship. (Forgot the name)

Coral Skippers

Nai Fohl
Empire blows them into dust with two death stars.

Fishy
Yeah Empire blows them away. The death Star will be a very effective weapon and every planet that is conquered by the Vong will be blown up immediately.

TraptUnderIce
Too bad the death stars got destroyed by a farmboy and a guy that does Malt Liquor commercials.

Even if the worldships were outnumberded I'm sure they could take out half of those Destroyers. It took the force to really defeat the worldship and last I checked not many force users in the Empire except Vader and Palpatine and other random people that don't count.

Revan Darkstar
ah, but they were destroyed by force sensitive people, the Vong could never do that. About what is that nonsense of the worldships taking on half the star destroyers, the empire had over half a dozen super star destroyers, and 25 000 imperial star destroyers, that is not counting support ships like frigates, victory star destroyers etc. One super star destroyer took on a worldship. And palpy would have no trouble sacfificing people to kill the vong, empire takes this easily.

Oh and about the death stars, the second one could take on all the worldships by itself, it could target individual capital ships. No, the vong are screwed.

TraptUnderIce
The dovin basals would assorb the turbolasers. Well if the Empire is bringing in their whole fleet then what the hell is stopping the Vong from bringing in everything. The vong could just drop all their troops off on coruscant and massacre everyone. Then they can grow new worldships and slowly take over the empire.

Revan Darkstar
the dovin basins don't stop everything, they can be overpowered, just like shields. And a laser that could destroy a planet would certainly take out a measly dovin basin.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
The Empire can also call upon the black sun.

TraptUnderIce
black sun the criminal organization? what the hell do they got?

Bobafetty
The Yuuzhan Vong are a race of battle and the'll do anything for their deities. The Empire is filled with a bunch of clumsy jack ass's in white suits.

Darth_Otaku
Anyone has a match?

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
black sun the criminal organization? what the hell do they got?

They'll steal the vong's wallets.

Bobafetty
i see

Jedi Mom
vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.