Anakin's Most Evil Act

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Biker Scout
Vote for his most evil folly

((The_Anomaly))
definitly the temple and younglings....

that was pretty damn evil...

astrofan428
I foresee a rout.

The Biker Scout
true, Master Astro

but the sand people thing coulda been longer and better...

Darth Zhin
killing children is allways in the top of "Evil"

astrofan428
Originally posted by The Biker Scout
true, Master Astro

but the sand people thing coulda been longer and better...

But everyone hated those ****ers anyway.

Wickerman
definitely younglings slaying sad

~wickerman~

Lazerlike42
Padme choke. Anyone can kill random folk, or even aquaintences. It takes someone "special" to kill someone he loves so much he threw away his entire life for.

Darth Zhin

Lazerlike42
Nope. The betrayal of love, no matter how temporary or insignificant, is the worst act one can commit.

theflyxx
Child killers always top my list of the most evil.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Padme choke. Anyone can kill random folk, or even aquaintences. It takes someone "special" to kill someone he loves so much he threw away his entire life for.

HOWEVER when he did the whole temple slaying thing, he was still conscious of his acts, because the dark side wasn't strong enough in him to not care. When he did the padme choke the dark side was stronger in him and his personality more dimmed. So one could say that he was like a drug addict, and the difference would be killing kids in order to get drugs, and then killing the one you love while being drugged.

~wickerman~

astrofan428

DarkYoda
I think betrayal is one of the worst evils... especially toward a bunch of defenseless and terrified kids. He should have had his stormtroopers take care of them. eek!

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by theflyxx
Child killers always top my list of the most evil.

I don't agree because it's the same logic that leads to having stricter penalties for killing a police officer than for killing a regular person. A police officer's life does not have more value than anyone else's, nor does a child's life have any more value than that of a 99 year old person.

Darth Zhin

Wickerman
I don't agree because it's the same logic that leads to having stricter penalties for killing a police officer than for killing a regular person. A police officer's life does not have more value than anyone else's, nor does a child's life have any more value than that of a 99 year old person.

scroll up to see my view on it (i think you didn't notice it due to many posts)

~wickerman~

Lazerlike42
I saw it and I disagree because I think the betrayal of love tops all under any circumstances, but your idea is perfectly valid and pretty good. My philosophy is just different.

Wickerman
I saw it and I disagree because I think the betrayal of love tops all under any circumstances, but your idea is perfectly valid and pretty good. My philosophy is just different.

In another background story, i'd accept that. However, here their love wasn't detailed as much as i would've liked it to be. So the impact wasnt so great on me.

~wickerman~

The Biker Scout
I agree Wicker

Emperor
No doubt slaying the younglings. This is very EVIL to do. evil face

jerlark386
The Tuskin Raider Massacre - meh.
The Dooku Beheading - he had it coming. did you see the look on his face?! hah!
The Mace Murder - technically anakin did'nt murder him just *disarmed* (boy this film takes it literally) him. One of the few black people in the movie(so ofcourse he dies).
The Separatist Slayings -glad to see to them burn. vader was just too smooth in that one.
The Padme Choke - she was whiny and noone really liked her anyway. Plus without her this whole situation would'nt exist.
The Youngling Slayings/Jedi Temple Murders - Worst act of betrayal/murder in the whole series.

mark101389
Not only did he choke her, but her death was directly his fault. He tried to save her and ended up kiling her. I find it ironic and funny that after he becomes darth vador, if you pay attention, Yoda says that qui-gon-jen has found the key to imortality on the good side of the force.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I would say the Younglings, but I prefer the Mace-situation>>>it was real dark and the way it turned out for Mace like; > "What the hell are you doing???"..................

Darth Mourgus
Actually the The Youngling Slayings werent technically Anakin, he was Darth Vader at that point.
I'd have to say Mace's Murder.
I think that Anakin choked Padme to save her from him, coz he knew he could do a lot more damage than that.

DenKi
Umm no....

Anakin didnt do it to save her from him. he didnt do it for that reason. He did it because he thorght Obiwan Turned Padme againts her. and for that second as he choked her it was the Darkside who did it.

Jedi Styles
I saw a security tape of him

Killing, *hand over mouth* youngliiings....

astrofan428
His most evil act was taking Natalie for himself. Lucky Bastard. mad

mysterio69
if you had the chance, you'd do the same. stick out tongue

astrofan428
Originally posted by mysterio69
if you had the chance, you'd do the same. stick out tongue

That is different, I wouldnt hate me for doing that. stick out tongue

mike_kenobi
Originally posted by astrofan428
His most evil act was taking Natalie for himself. Lucky Bastard. mad

i agree he should share the wealth

astrofan428
Originally posted by mike_kenobi
i agree he should share the wealth

Whoa, I aint into that wierd sharing stuff. eek!

theflyxx

I never stated that a child's life has more value than anyone else's. This thread is about the most evil act, not about whose life is more valuable. I don't know how you got that from my post. I was implying that it takes someone of pure evil to wantingly kill children. Children are naturally trusting and innocent. To take advantage of that trust and pure innocence and to kill them is just outright evil.

Sith Master X
Killing the younglings by far. No contest there in my opinion.

astrofan428
One thing that should be taken into account is that when he choked Padme he never meant to kill her, as he said he could feel that she was alive. And also that when he killed the younglings, he didnt kill one, he killed a bunch of them.

So what is worse, accidently killing your wife or flatout slaughtering a bunch of preteens.

Aldaron
Killing the younglings, no doubt. It was like something that happened in Europe along time ago.

-Aldaron

ragesRemorse
I would say when pledged himself to palpitine. That went against everything the jedi believe.

vader519
No doubt, the yonuglings scene was the most evil act. I mean just hearing Anakin turn on his lightsaber, and it makes that deep hum. That was awesome.

adamrubin
how do you guys make a table like that(poll)

Lazerlike42
I never stated that a child's life has more value than anyone else's. This thread is about the most evil act, not about whose life is more valuable. I don't know how you got that from my post. I was implying that it takes someone of pure evil to wantingly kill children. Children are naturally trusting and innocent. To take advantage of that trust and pure innocence and to kill them is just outright evil.

To say that killing a human is worse than killing a bug implies and demands that the human's life is more valuable than the bug's (it's basic philosophy). To say that killing a child is worse than an adult also implies and demands that the child's life is more valuable. You are saying children are naturally trusting and innocent. That is a reason for why they are more valuable. Even if not, this logic supports my point because the trust between Anakin and Padme was as strong as trust can be; it was so strong a trust that it blinded her and made her see only good in Anakin despite the obvious evil.

I would ask this, which is worse, killing 20 childen, or 100 adults? If you say children (as most would), that is fine, but it demands that the childrens' lives are more valuable than the adults'.

matreid
The youngling slaughter, followed by the padme choke looks about right to me.

dark1365
I say killing all the Jedi in training, those poor kids!!! cry

goth-girl108
yeah...killing all the younglings was his most evil act so far, far from when he killed the tusken raiders (that was actually funny, watching him kill them)
mace had it coming...even if he lived, he would have died, cause palpatine would have condemned him 2 death because of an 'assasination attempt'
dooku was just sick and disgusting, so i didnt really care about that
anakin thought he was going 2 save Padme, but he wasnt able 2 CAUSE HE ALMOST FRIGGIN KILLED HER!!! padme just lost her will 2 live
sorry, i have a problem with that
but killing younglings, that is just wrong

Heather 29
I couldn't decide between the Younglings slayings & The Padme Choke.
But I put The Younglings slayings, but the Pademe Choke ranks very high with it as Anikins Most Evil Folly

theflyxx
To say that killing a human is worse than killing a bug implies and demands that the human's life is more valuable than the bug's (it's basic philosophy). To say that killing a child is worse than an adult also implies and demands that the child's life is more valuable. You are saying children are naturally trusting and innocent. That is a reason for why they are more valuable. Even if not, this logic supports my point because the trust between Anakin and Padme was as strong as trust can be; it was so strong a trust that it blinded her and made her see only good in Anakin despite the obvious evil.

I would ask this, which is worse, killing 20 childen, or 100 adults? If you say children (as most would), that is fine, but it demands that the childrens' lives are more valuable than the adults'.

Clearly, you didn't comprehend my posts. Where in any of my threads did I state that children are more valuable because they are innocent and trusting? Please quote me where I said this. I'd really like to see it.

First off, saying that children being more valuable because they're trusting and innocent makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know where you keep getting that notion. Secondly, if you read my post closely, I stated that Anakin's act of taking advantage of children's innocence and trust is evil.

Again, the thread is about Anakin's most evil act, not about whether a child's life is more valuable than someone else's. roll eyes (sarcastic)

green dude
Choking and killing are two different things killing is worse than choking they were only like 5 or 7 but still Padme choking was bad but killing 20 or more Yonglings is pure evil poor little guys sad

Yeah we hate them but still it was evil killing on is bad killing 30 is way way bad hard bad dark black center only a spec of good like a star in the night sky is Anikans heart big grin that is a metiphor or exaple of how evil he is. (Younglings song: do you really want kill us do you really want us to die Anikans song: im a maniac im maniac woa and Darth Vader song : you know im bad im bad you know it) lol laughing

Lazerlike42
Clearly, you didn't comprehend my posts. Where in any of my threads did I state that children are more valuable because they are innocent and trusting? Please quote me where I said this. I'd really like to see it.

First off, saying that children being more valuable because they're trusting and innocent makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know where you keep getting that notion. Secondly, if you read my post closely, I stated that Anakin's act of taking advantage of children's innocence and trust is evil.

Again, the thread is about Anakin's most evil act, not about whether a child's life is more valuable than someone else's. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You said, "Child killers always top my list of most evil." That statement implies and demands that children are more valuable, otherwise there is no basis for saying it is most evil. If you are saying it is most evil because it is betraying trust, then you are correct and you are not saying that they are more valuable, you are making a moral judgement based on trust as opposed to valuel.

However, I don't think you're doing that. Take, for instance, strangers. All parents tell their children not to trust strangers, and that stangers will hurt them. If a child is approached by a stranger and killed, there is no betrayal of trust. The child never had trust to begin with. Now compare this to the choke of Padme. Would you still say the killing of the child is most evil? Now there is but on betrayal: the betrayal of the trust and love Padme had in Anakin. If you still say the child slaying is more evil, then your judgement is based not upon trust, but upon the value of the life.

I would still argue as well that if trust and innocence are the key issue, that there is nothing so innocent and trusting as true love.

green dude
No it dosn't kids are defenceless that why it's more evil they are young. They have barley lived a life the valu i same but age is not. erm

If I 1000 years old with a kid of age 4 and guy was going to shoot the kid what do you do jump infront you have lived your long life they haven't so the young one should live instead of me cuz iv'e live my long life they still have 55 years a head of them i would only have a few left if i was 1000. smile

The valu the same but young is young they have'not live full life get it yeash huh! some people.sad

It is bad to choke your wife but she didn't die the younglings you listening to name buster YOUNGLINGSSS they are young they were all killed and same as killing older Jedi he killed the Jedi that was the worst more lives killed. big grin

Theres a difference in number Padme+ kids = valu = 3 III the Jedis about this Jedi knights +Masters+Younglins= about 100 alot soo difference in lossing lives yes valus in ways Youngling young but killing no matter who or what age is wrong killing three people bad killing 50 really very BAD! O.K get it Lazerlike42 review: the younger the worse and more evil cuz they are defenceless when younger older stronger can defend them selves better O.K stick out tongue

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by green dude
No it dosn't kids are defenceless that why it's more evil they are young. They have barley lived a life the valu i same but age is not. erm

If I 1000 years old with a kid of age 4 and guy was going to shoot the kid what do you do jump infront you have lived your long life they haven't so the young one should live instead of me cuz iv'e live my long life they still have 55 years a head of them i would only have a few left if i was 1000. smile

The valu the same but young is young they have'not live full life get it yeash huh! some people.sad

It is bad to choke your wife but she didn't die the younglings you listening to name buster YOUNGLINGSSS they are young they were all killed and same as killing older Jedi he killed the Jedi that was the worst more lives killed. big grin

Theres a difference in number Padme+ kids = valu = 3 III the Jedis about this Jedi knights +Masters+Younglins= about 100 alot soo difference in lossing lives yes valus in ways Youngling young but killing no matter who or what age is wrong killing three people bad killing 50 really very BAD! O.K get it Lazerlike42 review: the younger the worse and more evil cuz they are defenceless when younger older stronger can defend them selves better O.K stick out tongue

Normally I would agree, in part.... but let me ask this: who is more defensless, Padme, or the younglings?

jerlark386
Are you people trying calculate the value of life or something ?

I think you'll need more than addition and multiplication to do so.

Really now.

You could atleast throw in some ratios, probability, circumstances. Or how about this?

How valuable is Anakin's life as a child? Would it be wrong to kill him?

Now this should have an interesting answer.

Lazerlike42
My point is that all life is of equal value and we can't make a judgement on it, so if Anakin had a most evil act it had to be based on something else because we can't designate the value of a life.

theflyxx
You said, "Child killers always top my list of most evil." That statement implies and demands that children are more valuable, otherwise there is no basis for saying it is most evil.

Yet again, I still don't know how you come to that conclusion from my statement. You are making a complete and total assumption. My statement in no way shape or form implies that children are more valuable than others. Child killers top my list of most evil because of the way they take advantage of children's naivete and trust.

Originally posted by Lazerlike42 If a child is approached by a stranger and killed, there is no betrayal of trust.

No betrayal of trust? Don't be silly. Of course there is. The first thing that a child predator/killer does is build up and gain the trust of a child who might be wary. Once that trust is established, the child's guard is let down.

Originally posted by Lazerlike42 If you are saying it is most evil because it is betraying trust, then you are correct

That is EXACTLY what I am saying.

However, I don't think you're doing that.

That's where you're wrong. Again, you're making baseless assumptions. Don't tell me what I'm saying or thinking. I know exactly what I'm saying. You're the one who is misinterpreting it.

Now compare this to the choke of Padme. Would you still say the killing of the child is most evil?

Yes.

Padme is not as naive or blindingly trustful as a child. And just for the record, I AM NOT SAYING THAT A CHILD'S LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PADME's. I am saying that taking the Younglings' lives is more evil. Not because one's life is more important than the other's, but because of how it was done.

Lazerlike42
No.... a stranger walks up to a child and kills him on the spot, neither's ever seen either before. No trust involved whatsoever.

theflyxx
^^^ Irrelevant.

In ROTS, Anakin wasn't a stranger to those younglings. The younglings knew Anakin and put enough trust in him to come out from their hiding place and ask him what they should do.

He took advantage of that trust and killed them in cold blood.

Evil.

Case closed.

Lazerlike42
Until that meter up top says Younglings 100% the case is always a matter of opinion.

Hybris
everybody that has seen this movie, knows that the youngling-slaughter was the most terrible thing that anakin ever did. I find it very lame of GL that he didn't show the Jedi-masters who were killed by anakin.

The Biker Scout
I agree

green dude
You can not put a price on life you only have one chance but the more you kill the more evil the less you kill well your still evil Padme was not in any real danger the Sith didn't say go kill Padme he siad slaughter every Jedi that is bad but both are bad case closed stick out tongue

Fishy

Lord_Windu
My vote definitely goes to the youngling murder. That was just down right evil.

The Biker Scout
wow the Padme choke is gettin votes !!!

Fishy
He killed a bunch of people he didn't really care about to save his wife, the wife he loved. Great lots of people did that... Killing the one you love however, or starting to do it. Breaking her up destroying ever she loved for yourself when you know thats not what she would want. Now thats evil

Bicnarok
Killing the young ones IMO. Women are anoying and there are more cases of women being killed by thier husbands than someone killing children. Apart from the odd school masacre of course

Fishy
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Killing the young ones IMO. Women are anoying and there are more cases of women being killed by thier husbands than someone killing children. Apart from the odd school masacre of course

Well yes, but how often are those woman killed out of pure love? How often does a man walk up to a woman without any real reason "I love you" then destroys everything she loves and then beats the shit out of her?

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by Fishy
He killed a bunch of people he didn't really care about to save his wife, the wife he loved. Great lots of people did that... Killing the one you love however, or starting to do it. Breaking her up destroying ever she loved for yourself when you know thats not what she would want. Now thats evil

Absolutely

Red Superfly
Ankin's worst act was when he touched the younglings.....down there!

theflyxx
http://img136.echo.cx/img136/4323/swepiiirotstheforcenetsucks0ej.gif

Master Caddy
Killing of the Younglings was the worst b/c he knew that they were defenceless

Lazerlike42
I still say that the younglings had more ability to defend themselves then Padme did.

The Biker Scout
yup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.