USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE III (RENEGADES)- The Hunters Hunted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Bespin Bart
Xeth is, of course, playing! This is his fanboy dream right here... eek!

Dreams for him, via PM.

*goes off to contact other Renegades*

Ushgarak
Heh!

Delfedd has been in touch with me, says he will be back ASAP.

I saw Kiu drift past, he just hasn't posted.

And what is this sudden by PM vibe? That's for Dark Siders!

Bardock42
Renegades are are dark siders on the good side though haha

Bespin Bart
Fine! Just bloody post the damned thing! stick out tongue

Xeth doesn't have Darkie tendencies, he's not evil, what are you talking about?! *twitch*

Anyway! I sent a message to Densk and Lurik, dunno where SA went, but I know DC is around.

Good to hear that Delf is in!

HimoKun
Right here. And I'll be using Dreams.

Bespin Bart
Excellent! Now, just waiting for word from Densk and Lurik.

Ushgarak
Yup. Well, it all kicks off with you, Xeth...

... as you get back to the office one night, with the others out in 'town' at a nearby bar, and find everything in unxpected darkness...

Bespin Bart
"Odd," Xeth comments as he enters the Center of Renegade Jedi Investigations (woohoo!), stopping to search for the lights but staying alert, as ever.

DCLXVI
~Reporting in.
Since Lurik has "Foresight" in his stats., I would like to utilize this ability, if possible....and hopefully I get a good roll....stick out tongue~

Ushgarak
Okidokey!

As soon as you turn on the lights, Xeth, a device springs into operation- something strange on your desk that you have not seen before.

A blue light plays out from it, from all directions, and runs down the wall.

"Security check clear," an automated voice says. "Identify yourself."

HimoKun
Yes! Mission time.

Bespin Bart
Xeth raises a brow at this odd device, but answers truthfully.

"Xeth Tam, Jedi Knight," he replies, trying to see if he senses any danger about the room...

Ushgarak
The device beeps a few times.

"Identiity confirmed.

Shaded Windows, 9pm".

It winks out.

Shaded Windows is a local nightclub, Xeth.

Bespin Bart
Xeth sighs, relieved to know that the thing itself is not a threat. He flicks the lights off as he leaves, grabbing his reddish-brown cloak as he leaves. He had not worn his light armor all day, and decides that he still wishes to be without it.

He secures his lightsaber at his belt and sonic blaster on his back and heads out.

Ushgarak
You rbing the crew along?

(The crew being anyone that is playing)

Bespin Bart
Xeth will go pick them up before he goes to Shaded Windows, R3 following him out as he leaves.

Ushgarak
The Shaded Windows then! Typical Star-Wars like night spot, though more Coruscant than Tatooine. The fact that you guys are a variety of freaky alies... makes you fit in all the better.

But meeting an unknown contact here could be a problem.

Bespin Bart
Xeth supposes that he will be the one found, though he probes around with Scan or Sense to see if he can pick up any vibes from anyone that may be looking for him.

"Keep an eye out, will ya R3?" Xeth says to his droid.

He then proceeds to the bar, ordering himself a tall glass of Aludium-pu36, and waits for his holowatch to strike nine.

Ushgarak
It is, in fact, the barman that makes contact with you.

"Your name Xeth?" he asks. He's holding a piece of paper telling him to look out for a strange bug-like person named Xeth.

Bespin Bart
Xeth is slightly surprised, but keeps his cool.

"Yes, that would be me," Xeth replies, glancing at the paper. "Why?"

Ushgarak
"Hey!" he says, "Happy birthday, bud!"

Bespin Bart
"...it's my birthday?" Xeth replies, a tad amused by more confused.

Ushgarak
"Well, sure it is, pal!" he says. "You've got that party all booked out in the private function room!"

Bespin Bart
"Oh!" Xeth says, playing along with a cheerful grin. "Well, I've been so busy with work I haven't had the time to celebrate! Show me where this room is and head I'll right back there!"

Ushgarak
"Up the stairs, first on the right. Hope you enjoy your day!"

Bespin Bart
"Oh, I sure will!" Xeth says, heading for the room, and making a gesture for R3-U9 to follow him. He takes the stairs, R3 waddling up behind him, and stands before the door. He knocks lightly before trying the door.

Ushgarak
Those droids really hate stairs, you know.

No answer.

Bespin Bart
Yes, I know...

Before trying to open the door, Xeth uses Force Lift to help R3 up the stairs, amused at the waddling motions that R3 attempts to use to climb.

Then, he pushes the door open.

Ushgarak
Darkness inside.

Bespin Bart
For the second time tonight, Xeth enters a dark room and searches for the lights, flicking them on when he does.

Ushgarak
The lights only seem to provide a very vague illumination.

"Many happy returns, Xeth," comes a voice from the far wide of the room.

Bespin Bart
Xeth steps into the room cautiously, tapping R3 on the dome and whispering for him to activate his spotlight mechanism.

"Thank you," Xeth replies smoothly.

Ushgarak
He rather neatly illuminates the Commissar.

"Did you make a wish?" he asks.

Bespin Bart
"Possibly," Xeth says, grinning slyly.

"Greetings Commissar," Xeth says, moving to shake his hand. "It has been awhile."

Ushgarak
Gralus steps out the shadows and interposes himself.

"Sorry, Xeth," he says. "No personal contact. That's policy."

Bespin Bart
Xeth continues to grin.

"Just testing you, Gralus," Xeth says, lowering the hand.

"Well, here we all are again, in the same room," Xeth says, looking about. "I suppose something has come up that doesn't involve the Center of Renegade Jedi Investigations rescuing kittens from trees or tracking Dark Jedi?"

Ushgarak
"We might have a lead you are interested in," says the Comissar. "It has been a busy two years since we last met. How has it been for you?"

Bespin Bart
"Been keeping fairly well," Xeth says, nodding. "I'm sure you heard about the situation at Droben. Might have been a lead on a droid shipment, but, alas, our target died in the fighting."

"What might this lead be?"

Ushgarak
"It is a shame indeed that you could not take Balek alive; he was the one responsible for eliminating all the other witnesses to the collusion between the Trade Federation and Techno-Union and must have known one of the senior members responsible. But no matter. Our great work continues and we have had a number of projects running since you caught up with Carlan Ryamore.

"What is it that you have been looking for lately, Xeth?"

Bespin Bart
"Nothing really," Xeth replies. "Mostly we've been taking up bodyguarding duties, catching thieves and murderers, the like. Droben was the closest I got to picking up the Conspiracy plot with the Union myself. Krakken had Droidekas."

Ushgarak
"Sadly," says the Commisar, "Droidekas have been on the open market for some years. If he had had some of the Mark II Battle Droids- which are still not yet in full circulation- then it would have been more suspicious. Besides, Balek ambushed Marcus and Vlad on a droid productrion facility; he may have picked up some gear there."

Bespin Bart
"Eh, very true," Xeth replies, a bit disappointed.

"Well, what of this lead?"

Ushgarak
"Well now, Xeth, I have good news there. How would you like to work with the Jedi again?"

Bespin Bart
"Depends; work with them how? Like I do with my friends Marcus and Roan and such?"

Ushgarak
"It's happened before, hasn't it? Nothing unusual about that."

Bespin Bart
"No, of course not," Xeth says, shaking his head a bit. "Well, what did you have in mind?"

Ushgarak
"Good! Then nothing at all unusual about you doing so again. We understand the Jedi are organising a mission, Xeth. We'd like you to help them out."

Bespin Bart
"Certainly," Xeth replies. "What is this mission?"

Ushgarak
He leans back.

"Have you ever heard of a planet named Charaeus?"

Bespin Bart
"Hmm, I think so," Xeth says. "Just bordering the Republic, isn't it?"

Ushgarak
"Very unpleasant people there, Xeth. Known as the Cult of Charaeus, often incorrectly referred to as 'Techno-Pirates'. They need dealing with."

Bespin Bart
"Techno-pirates?" Xeth says, a bit of a chuckle. "Sounds like an evil dance team. I take it the Jedi are heading there to eradicate them? Who's on the mission?"

Ushgarak
He hands you a file.

This has details about Charaeus and its Cult- this is for everyone's benefit!

(feel free to chip in, non-Xeth people!)

---

Charaeus is a harsh jungle world just outside of the Republic. Although it is a habitable planet, the last great expansion of Galactic civilisation, thousands of years ago, ignored it for other more hospitable planets in the sector; now that civilisation has receded somewhat from the Outer Rim, few would have any reason to care about this world.

However, to the misfortune of the border worlds of the Republic in that sector, Charaeus has become home to a vicious cult now known simply as the 'Cult of Charaeus'. The Cult is an organisation of fantatics who believe in the eventual construction of a Machine God that they believe will one day rule the Galaxy- a sort of Supercomputer that they see it as their destiny to construct, although it already exists in potential, and they worship its spirit. As part of their dedication to its spirit, all Chareans go through a process of cybernisation, implanting an artificial right hand as part of their initiation ceremony, and becoming more cybernised as time goes by.

The other traits of the Cult are pure utility combined with ruthlessness and a total lack of morals or empathy. They have no regard for life and regard all other civilisations as inferior and unworthy. They have no reason to actively fight other people, but beause Charaeus is lacking in resources and sufficient manufactring facility- and becausr the Cult has a high demand for technological goods- the Cult has a habit of simply taking what it wants from someone else, and because they have no reagrd for life and do not like witnesses, they always exterminate every living thing they see whenever they so act.

The Cult is known amongst nearby worlds as "Techno-Pirates", because they are sometimes known to attack ships in space that are carrying technological goods. This is inaccurate; pirates steal for profit and have little need for extraneous killing; the Cult are not pirates at all- they are simply stealing goods when they need them. Living people they do not need, hence they destroy them.

---

"A mission to the planet Alzarius is being led by Master Marcus," says Gralus.

Bespin Bart
"Ah, good old Marcus!" Xeth says absently, looking through the file. "Looks like they do indeed need to be dealt with. Why would Taloraan be interested in them, though?"

Ushgarak
Bad news folks- no visions today. Better luck next time!

Bespin Bart
Ah well, wasn't really expecting any...

Ushgarak
Yeah, only Lurik had a chance, really.

Bespin Bart
Thought as much! Xeth never has any visions; the Sith are probably obfuscating him like hell. stick out tongue

Bespin Bart
Are we waiting on the Jedi to be brief, or for my companions to show up? confused

Ushgarak
Both, really!

The Comissar will relay to you the same story that Marcus has just been told though.

The Cult has massively stepped up its attacks on Republican space in recent times, so much that not even the Senate can ignore it any more, and the Jedi team has deen dispatched in a long overdue attempt to bring the cult to heel.

Most recently, it attacked a starliner called the Orion Phoenix. This liner was well-defended by a stroing security compliment; it was also an unusual target as the Cul, as we have established, attack things simply to nick parts for their work; a liner seems an odd choice to attack rather than a cargo vessel. Still, they put a lot of effort into it, overcame the security, and butchered everyone on board, Nasty.

This was also the third attack in three weeks, compared to an average of two or three a year.

Bespin Bart
"Tragic," Xeth replies, shaking his head.

"Doesn't explain what Taloraan wants with the Cult, though."

Ushgarak
"Let's examine this scenario, Xeth. A threat that has been for a long time low key has suddenly stepped up its operations and become very violent indeed. And as a result of this stepping up of operations, a group of technologically augmented warriors has attacked a seemingly random and pointless target, and killed everyone they saw. Does that seem to sum it up for you?"

Bespin Bart
"Ah, I get it now," Xeth says, shaking his head. "Sounds almost exactly like what Strine did to his slaves. The Techno Union strikes again."

Ushgarak
"The MO is identical. And think about the Cult, Xeth. An entire organisation devoted to the supremacy of technology, to the point where they even gradually cybernise their entire bodies. Could there be any more natural allies for the Techno-Union?"

Bespin Bart
"Hah! Of course not," Xeth says, running a hand over his head. "Well, should we start then? Now that we've got trouble, I intend to end it quite fast..."

Ushgarak
"There's more," says the Comissar. "Last year, worried about the Cult, some of the planets in the area looked into the possibility of huying arms to defend themselves. The Techno-Union and the Trade Federation- producers and sellers, respectively- sent representatives to the area to make a pitch. A total waste of time- the planets could never have afforded even one droid army.

"But then something very odd, Xeth. Although it must have been very clear there could be no deal, the Techno-Union moved a vast amount if supplies and equipment into the area; enough for several droid armies."

Bespin Bart
"I take it that they possibly sided with the Cult in an effort to make a sale? The Cult has trouble finding parts for their cybernization, perhaps they made a pact?"

Ushgarak
"Ah, but Xeth, the Techno Union cannot make or sell parts unless they can prove there is a buyer, yes? And as soon as that deal fell through, the Techno Union were legally obligated to return all thoe parts to their factories. Everything was being logged."

Bespin Bart
"I am guessing that that is where I come in," Xeth says, crossing his arms.

Ushgarak
"Too late, I am afraid Xeth, Because the entire shipment mysteriously vanished. How very odd, yes, Xeth? Because the Union is normally so careful never to lose anything, hmm?"

Bespin Bart
"Oh, what a mysterious occurrence," Xeth sighs, rolling his eyes. "How very much unlike the Union to do that."

Ushgarak
"Now, it so happens my intelligence agents have acquired the origianl versions of the sent out reports in these matters, Xeth,"

Gralus hands you a datapad.

"Have a look at who the orders came from and were signed by, Xeth, Both th order placing the forces there, and acknowledging their disapperance."

You know the answer already. Cirus Cannes.

Bespin Bart
"I am supposing that this is not enough to put against Cirus?" Xeth says, not even looking at the datapad.

Ushgarak
"No, he has been very clever," says the Commissar. "By moving in the parts when the local planets were interested, he had a buyer which let him move the goods. When the deal collapsed, whoops! Sorry, we lost it. Never mind. No case.

"But clearly, Cannes has now let all that equipment leak to the Cult. Enough for at least two droid armies... but not quite complete, which is odd.

"Obviously, we want you to stop them. But we also want you to find out WHY. It doesn't fit any of their previous motives.

First off, they want the Cult to try new technology for them, as Strine was. We don't think so, There have been some survivors from the attacks and it's the same vicious Cultists that were always there. Besides, they won't keep trying that trick; people will get suspicious if Techno-Union equipment keeps being used by evil cults and pirates, and they have no Ryamore to explain it this time- and the manifest of stolen equipment contains no experimental gear. Nor would it have any reason to be there.

I thought they might be trying to secure new manufacturing facilities. But Chararus doesn't have anything like the amount they need- whole point is the Cult doesn't bother, they just take what they need.

So what is Cannes up to?"

Bespin Bart
"Well, obviously there is destruction involved in this," Xeth says. "Perhaps the Techno Union is stepping up their goals to a bit higher than 'testing equipment'? I mean, they had full-sized armies at Arminium, what were they going to do with those?"

Ushgarak
"This is not impossible," says the Comissar. "And you will have to find out.

"Now, Xeth, here is where we get to the tricky bit. Helping your friends is your cover. It's your reason to be there without attracting attention. Now, by all means, help them oppose the Cult- it is evil and needs opposing and might be involved. But remember, whilst they are there to protect the local worlds, YOU are there to thwart Cannes and the Union. Shut down their operation if you can. And if you want to shoot for gold... expose it. If you can prove they leaked hardware to the Cult, we'll strike them a mighty blow indeed. But don't get yourself killed trying that- you are no use to anyone deads. Find out what it is all about, shut it down, get any info you can. Expose if if it seems possible- and reasonable."

Bespin Bart
"I will do my best," Xeth says, with a bit of a salute. "It is my every intent to have this blow up in Cannes' face, have no fears..."

HimoKun
Hey Ush, are all of the others down in thee club waiting for Xeth to come back?

Ushgarak
No no, you can all be up there with him!

HimoKun
As Kiu was listening, he was wondering why the Cult would suddenly change to attacking passenger ships from cargo ships.

Ushgarak
Good question. None of all this about the Techno Union aiding them explains that.

Which means there is something in the motivation for all this that you do not understand.

Bespin Bart
"What was the motivation for the Cult?" Xeth asks. "Why suddenly step up the attacks? I'm the Techno Union couldn't motivate them as much as they are."

DCLXVI
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yeah, only Lurik had a chance, really.

~Damn. stick out tongue~

Lurik stood silently in the shadows just beside R3, listening intently to the conversation between Xeth and the Commissar. He was listening intently because most of the information was new to him, and some of it had not before been fully disclosed to him, either.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
"What was the motivation for the Cult?" Xeth asks. "Why suddenly step up the attacks? I'm the Techno Union couldn't motivate them as much as they are."

"The Cult's basic motivation has likely not changed. They are simply interested in accruing as much power as possible to help them meet their insane designs. The only question is what has made them so unafraid of reprisal that they have dared do this. This we do not know. But to be sure, the only motive they ever need is that they CAN."

HimoKun
Kiu pulls away Xeth and says," I believe that this has something to do with Fallen Jedi. As we go, we should keep close watch on our backs just in case".

Bespin Bart
"No, Kiu, I don't believe that Dark Jedi are involved," Xeth replies to Kiu. "At least, no in person. The Dark Side seems to surround the Techno Union at some points in time...this is one of those times."

"But nothing like my adventures against Kuylen all those years ago, but that's been over long since then!" He turns to the Commissar and Gralus. "Isn't that right? That Bureau is quite sure that they're dead?"

"Strange, though, that the Cult is picking up the pace, then," Xeth says, continuing the current conversation. "We will have to make sure that they CAN'T."

Ushgarak
"So the reports say. It's all magnificently irrelevant, anyhow.

Yes, strange. No doubt all related to Cannes' plans.

So that is what we have for you, Xeth. Go to Alzarius and aid your Jedi friends. And keep your eyes open."

Bespin Bart
"With all due speed," Xeth says, making a slight bow before motioning for Kiu and Lurik and R3 to follow him out.

Ushgarak
Ok folks- any questions before you head off?

DCLXVI
~Nope. smile~

HimoKun
Kiu bows to the Commisar and walks with the others.

Ushgarak
Very well then! Off to your various ships and off to Alzarius!

Where at this point you are joined in this thread by the Jedi mission also.

---

ALZARIUS

Music: City in the Clouds

Alzarius is a warm, though not quite tropical, world. Out here in the sticks, technology isn't all it could be, though this place is the best of the bunch. You guys are actually expected to land at the orbital departure point, which is where the security commander will meet you. As the co-ordinating space station for the whole sector this is a very large station, probably the most important thing Alzarius is responsible for.

Of course, you guys might want to make your hellos at this point!

Bespin Bart
Xeth grins slyly as he steps down the hatch from his ship, a few spurts of steam accompanying him and his Renegade crew.

"Stay with the ship, R3," Xeth says to the astromech droid, who is locked in on the inside of the ship.

"Master Marcus! Vlad!" Xeth calls out, having just landed at the same time as they. "What a pleasant chance!"

HimoKun
Kiu walks out casually and bows to Master Marcus and Vlad, and keeps walking on.

DCLXVI
Lurik steps lightly as he walks over to the Jedi he once served with. Bowing, he says, "Good day, Master Marcus." He turns to Vlad. "And to you, Knight."

Fire
"Xeth what the devil are you doing here? good to see you again after all those months(?). Same goes for you too Kiu and you aswell Lurik, we missed you on Droben."

McClain
Arken's brow arched slightly as he stepped out from the ship just after Vlad and Marcus had. His eyes drifting over to the group which seemed to be greeting them, including an odd looking one. "Master..?" he said with a hint of apprehension in his voice, not knowing the intention of the people they had just met up with. "I assume they are friends of yours?"

Fire
*turns around*
"ooh yea, sorry Xeth, Lurik, Kiu (and all the others whose name I forgot) this is Arken, he was a last minute addition to the team"

McClain
Arken smiled slightly after realising that the group they had met up with was a welcomed addition to their party, and was not a threat. He bowed his head to the group in greeting before moving to take his place at Marcus' side. "I thought the stations security commander was going to be meeting us here..?" He glanced from side to side, looking for any sign of the commander.

Fire
"They'll come, there's no rush, they're expecting us"

Ushgarak
And indeed they are- a deputation is awaiting you led by Captain Kiro, who is in fact female.

"Master Jedi!" she says. "It is good to see you. And a much larger deputation than what we expected!"

Fire
"Yes, we apparently ended up on the same planet."

Ushgarak
"I am sorry?" she asks, not understanding.

Fire
"It will all be clear in time captain, remember There is no coincidence there is only the force."

Ushgarak
Did you just call her child?

Fire
crap I miss read it, can I still change it or not I don't mind playing wiv my *fck up tho

Ushgarak
Feel free to change it.

Fire
edited

Ushgarak
"You've lost me," she says, rather non-plussed at first impression. "What perceived coincidence are you talking about?"

Fire
"The 'coincidence' of two individual groups of jedi arriving at this planet on time." I make it clear I don't believe in coincidence

Ushgarak
"I am afraid I am not sure what you mean," says the Captain."Are some of you not part of this mission?"

Fire
"Actually I am not sure why these guys *waves to xeth and other renegades* are here"

Ushgarak
Well, Marcus just torpedoed Xeth!

The Renegades will have to improvise from here, having failed to confer with your comrades you are now at risk of almost immediate failure.

Fire
Sorry BB

was playing in character

Ushgarak
No love lost here, clearly...

Fire
I'm not following

HimoKun
Kiu steps forward," We are here to help you Master Marcus."

Fire
"Very well, Right then let's get on with it shall we Captain?"

Ushgarak
"Sorry," says the Captain, "but I am still not clear about what is going on here, You are Master Marcus, yes?"

Fire
"Yes that's me"

McClain
Arken chuckled slightly at all of the confusion going on. He stepped forward, just beyond the group that had gathered, towards the Captain and her escourt. "I am sorry about all of this.. Yes this is Master Marcus, we were dispatched by the council to assist you in your.. troubles. These three, however." He paused and turned towards the Renegades that had joined them, his hand moving out to signal to them. "Are friends..? Of ours, who I have a feeling will also be coming to your assistance."

He smiled slightly and turned his attention back to the Captain, now. "I believe Master Marcus would agree that it's time you updated us on the situation here.. anything relevent to the Cultists would be most helpful in our dealings with them."

Ushgarak
"I'm sorry," says the Captain, "but I am not in a position to reveal security information to anyone not on the mission."

Hmm, double-screwed now TWO of the jedi team have disowned them!

Bespin Bart
"Greetings, Arken," Xeth says with a slight nod to the newcomer.

"Harsh, Marcus!" Xeth replies, looking at him with a bit of annoyance, but not enough to invoke Marcus's wrath. "We were contacted by the Council, concerning the situation here. Ending trouble and evil-doers is our specialty, after all. That and rescue pets from trees."

Xeth turns to the Captain. "I am Xeth Tam, of the Unity of Renegade Jedi Investigations. We were sent to aid Master Marcus and his cohorts with this mission."

Ushgarak
"Renegade Jedi?"

Bespin Bart
(She's picky, ain't she? What, did we accidentally grab our Cult uniforms this morning?)

"A term for Jedi who provide justice a bit farther out than the Republic," Xeth replies, trying to look confident and cheerful and as helpful a person as any.

Ushgarak
No, just you guys totally messed up about introducing yourselves. Marcus disowned you, and now you say you are on offiical business yet Renegades, and now apparently pursuing illegal activities (i.e. justice outside the Republic).

This gives a penalty to your Persuasion roll, which is poor anyway. You have totally failed to convince her that you have any right to be here.

(Why did you pose as Renegades? The Commissar asked you to make out you were part of the Jedi mission)

Bespin Bart
*smacks forehead*

As if Xeth is used to pretending to be a full-on 'Yes Council, I will obey!' Jedi... stick out tongue

And why do we have to persuade this person, who needs our help, that we're Jedi? Look, lightsabers! ID's!

"Marcus...?" Xeth says, looking to the Jedi Master when he sees that the Captain is giving them the worst possible look of distrust that Xeth had ever seen...

Ushgarak
Well, actually, that's the thing- carrying sabres and looking reasonably like Jedi she wouldn't have been suspicious at all.

Except Marcus TOLD her he didn't know why you were here.

McClain
Yea.. Everyone keep their mouth shut from now on when regarding renegades embarrasment

Mind trick @ Captain anyone? *Whistles innocently* lol

HimoKun
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
*smacks forehead*

As if Xeth is used to pretending to be a full-on 'Yes Council, I will obey!' Jedi... stick out tongue

And why do we have to persuade this person, who needs our help, that we're Jedi? Look, lightsabers! ID's!

"Marcus...?" Xeth says, looking to the Jedi Master when he sees that the Captain is giving them the worst possible look of distrust that Xeth had ever seen...

You just messed it up!!! I had it covered and then you come in!!! (Meant as being playful).

Would Leadership help Ush?

Man, I wish I had seduction.

Ushgarak
Hahahaha!

Persuasion is your best friend. Which is why the idea what to get your Jedi mates to give you the cover, see?

HimoKun
No Renegade has Persuade and can leadership work on her so it will make it look like I'm superior to her and she should listen to me?( Force Power)

Ushgarak
Sadly, as she has the vested authority in this area and the only person she thinks is in charge is Marcus..

... then no. He could use it though.

HimoKun
Marcus, hurry or were screwed.

McClain
Quick, somebody club her while they aren't looking! >_>

But yea.. Arken has a pretty high Persuade level, would it be worth while trying to explain to her the situation, or would she just brush it off seeing as he isn't in charge of the mission?

DCLXVI
~EDIT:~

"Perhaps I can explain, Captain," spoke up Lurik. "You see, Master Marcus is the "leader" of this mission, yet the Jedi Council thought that he may need some help, such as that only we can offer." Lurik gestured to he and his companions.

2Tidus!
Fire! Quick Recap please! I was always reading the Jedi thread. Sorry!

Fire
Then go read this thread Tidus, it's only 3 pages since it went wrong stick out tongue

"Ah ok that makes sense, Now captain I think that is settled. We let in a hurry, seeing as the republic wants to make a clear statement about dealing with the threat to your world. So sometimes things get altered without the mission leader knowing about it. However rest assured that Xeth and the others will only help to solve this threat faster. The more jedi the better we can handle these cultists no?"

Jazzman_78
Edit. Sorry, wrong thread.

Ushgarak
Ok, Marcus passes his social roll!

"Ah, very well then!" she says. "Anyway, welcome to Alzarius. We're very glad to have you all here."

McClain
Arken couldn't help but grin slightly at all of the confusion going on. With any luck, this wouldn't be the trend for the entire mission.

Ushgarak
Kiro will tell you what they have, which is not much. Over the last few months, the attacks from the Techno-Pirates have stepped up and somehow either overwhelmed or evaded every security procedure in place. As always with the cult, mercy is a foreign attribute. Fear is, if nothing stops them, they will try larger and larger targets. Should they start moutning planetary strikes on some of the smaller worlds... it could be catastrophic.

The Orion Phoenix (the liner, the attack upon which led to this mission) was taken at a nav buoy whilst navigating for a hyperspace jump. They are very upset at the loss of the Phoenix because it was one of a new generation of liners designed to be very secure (in response to the problem of the Cult). It's annihilation, as opposed to some lone cargo vessel, has destroyed all confidence in space flight in this area. The economy is at crisis point.

However, Kiro says she needn't go into too much detail on that as they have recovered the liner itself. The Phoenix- still mostly intact- is lying in dry dock at this station for your inspection.

At this point there are many options for you. The liner itself is well worth a look. The Jedi are here to co-ordinate with local security. The Renegades are trying to suss out how the Union is involved. Kiro will help you any way she can.

Fire
(what confusion, Marcus resolved it very well stick out tongue)

"Guys I suggest we go have a look at that liner"

*turns to Xeth*
"We should have a few words in private aswell, you know of any good bars around here somewhere."
*turns back to Vlad and Arken*
"So what say you?"

DCLXVI
"Perhaps we should ask the Captain for any witness accounts? Then we should check out the liner."

Ushgarak
Witness accounts are a big fat zero. No-one from the liner survived, though Kiro can tell you that not all bodies are accounted for; the missing are presumed dead.

DCLXVI
~Hmm.....this broadens the scope a bit....~

Fire
"Can I get a list of the ppl persumed missing, and a list of everybody aboard the liner before it was attacked Captain?"

Ushgarak
She can certainly get you those lists.

"But I wouldn't hold out hope for the missing," says Kiro. "Almost certainly their bodies are in space."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>