Would luke be more powerful than Yoda if he had proper training?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

orkaz
intresting debate

DenKi
Very interesting, I voted post new threads, just because the force wasnt strong with him at that moment.

Although give opinions is another possiblity.

how about you guys?

Lord Yoda
No, because Yoda lived to be a 900 year old Jedi and that means he has to have a lot of experience. So unless Luke became plder than Yoda, you might have something there, but he didn't

h4nn1bl3
if luke had proper jedi training and had been taken in when he was a baby then yes, i do believe he could best yoda in combat, but in the OT yoda could take luke down easily.

DenKi
Anakin was Stronger than Yoda in Episode 3

orkaz
please excuse the pothetic poll i had no idea what i was doin!!!

orkaz
Originally posted by DenKi
Anakin was Stronger than Yoda in Episode 3
nah i disagree a think yoda was stronger..however, it would be nice to know lukes medicholriant count, possibly higher than yodas?!

xeous
The whole Midicholorian thing is a bunch of bulls***. It was Lucas' way of fitting in a GIANT plot hole with the whole "Chosen one" thing.

He took the force from something mythical and amazing in the OT and turned it into a science. Way to go!

The truth is that Luke DOESN'T have a midi count because they don't exist then. Alas, how it should be.

With that said, I believe Luke could have been more powerful than Yoda if he had the proper training. (I'm not an EU guy by any means but doesn't he become almost godlike in the extended universe?)

Morning_Glory
that poll made no sense

astrofan428
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
that poll made no sense

Okay good someone else saw it too, I thought I was seeing imaginary polls again.

xeous
Give opinions is kickin' a**!

feebusfeebus
I say no way, Master Yoda is the most powerful. Come on, no one else can move like that. And really, he owns those 2 guards when he walked in on sidious.

mike_kenobi
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader = 27,700
Darth Sidious/Palpatine (with Kyber Crystal) = 20,500
Yoda = 17,700
Luke Skywalker = 14,500
Leia Organa Solo = 14,500
Aenon Jurtis (Most powerful Jedi Master prior to Yoda) = 14,200
Shintor Beerus (ancient Jedi Master) = 13,900
Ce Ce Denowai (the most powerful female Jedi) = 13,700
Ben (Jhon) Skywalker = 13,700
Anakin Solo (New Jedi Order novels) = 13,700
Darth Plagueis (Darth Sidious' master) = 13,600
Count Dooku/Tyranus = 13,500
Obi-Wan Kenobi = 13,400
Kaja Sinis (the first Jedi) = 13,250
Kyle Katarn = 12,200
Mace Windu = 12,000
Darth Maul = 12,000
General Grievous (New Episode 3 Villain) = 11,900
Kit Fisto = 11,800
Exar Kun (Dark Lord of the Sith during the Sith War) = 11,700
Shindor = 11,500 (Dark Jedi from Episode 7)
Yaddle = 11,300
Xanatos' (Qui-Gon Jinn's former apprentice) = 11,300
Darth Seer (Founder of the modern Sith Order) = 11,200
Plo Koon = 11,100
Mara Jade = 11,000
Darth Malak (Knights of the Old Republic video game) = 10,800
Jedi Master Corran Horn (from the New Jedi Order series of Star Wars novels) = 10,700
Ki Adi Mundu = 10,600
Darth Bane = 10,500
Nebar Foxis (Jedi Knight played by SuperShadow in Episode 3) = 10,400
Joruus C'baoth = 10,350
Darth Imperius = 10,300
Shaak Ti = 10,300
Tahari Vehlia (New Jedi Order novels) = 10,300
Echuu-Shen Jon = 10,200
Darth Revan = 10,200 (Knights of the Old Republic video game)
Jedi Master Kam Solusar (New Jedi Order novels) = 10,100
Aalya Secura = 10,000
Qui-Gon Jinn = 10,000
Average Jedi = 10,000
Assajj Ventress = 9,600
Naga Sadow (Dark Lord of the Sith that fled to Yavin 4)= 9,400
Jedi Master Adeus Hust = 9,300
Jacen Solo (New Jedi Order novels) = 9,000
Jaina Solo (New Jedi Order novels) = 9,000
Jedi Master Cihgal (New Jedi Order novels) = 9,000
Darth Rage (Sidious' apprentice after Darth Maul) = 9,000
Jedi Master Tionne Solusar (New Jedi Order novels) = 8,500
Dezar Looger (Dagobah Dark Jedi) = 8,400
Xio Jade = 7,400
Chewbacca = 7,200
Tylus Liv = 7,100
Aurra Sing = 7,000
Need To be Considered for Training as a Jedi = 7,000
Padme Amidala = 4,700
Danni Quee (New Jedi Order Jedi Scientist)= 4,500
Beru Lars = 3,700
Shmi = 3,300
Lando Calrissian = 3,300
Boba Fett= 1,500
Han Solo = 1,500
Jango Fett = 1,500

however this was found at supershadow so it may be bs
Owen Lars = 1,500

Tulak Hord
^^...HAHAHAHHAHA! HAHAH! HA! H...I'm done laughing.

DeVi| D0do
YAY! 'give opinions' is winning!

blink

Swanky-Tuna
You'd think they'd just use the force to make their midi-chlorians multiply.

green dude
I think Luke would need to be trained by Yoda to defeat Yoda in combat cause to beat ones enimey you must learn how they think and fight.big grin

Like count Dokoo movie II clonewars Yoda vs Dokoo he cheated stupid he use force pull to try and distract yoda to help Ani and Obi and he runs away like palps and their scared of a mini green dude lol laughing but Dokoo put up more of a fight than palps in my oppion. smile

orkaz
hahaha a know, a said earlier please escuse the poll i had no idea what i was doin!!!!

Orin_The_Great

Orin_The_Great

Orin_The_Great

Orin_The_Great

Orin_The_Great

Orin_The_Great
The George Lucas Interviews at SuperShadow.com
Monday, May 30, 2005

You said earlier the reason the dark side is destroyed in Episode 9 is so the saga is complete, but I don't see the problem with leaving it open. Of course new villains arise and the battle between dark and light will be never ending I think because it is human nature.

George Lucas: Well, in your vision perhaps the struggle between good and evil personified by the light and dark side persists for eternity. However, I wanted to bring a permanent end to the Sith and the only way to do this is to get rid of the dark side. Since Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi ever, it is only natural for him to be the one to destroy the dark side. Evil people do exist after Episode 9, but they are not able to rely on the dark side to accomplish their evil schemes. Episodes 10 to 12 focus on a new type of villain.

Could you explain your proclivity towards fart and burp humor in some of this new Star Wars material?

George Lucas: The Phantom Menace is the only Star Wars film to feature a fart joke and somebody stepping in Bantha fodder. Considering that The Phantom Menace is the most successful Star Wars film at the box office, you would have to admit that most fans found this scatological humor to be quite ingenious.

Hello Mr. Lucas. I just want to say thanks for spending the time on answering all of the fans questions. I also have a few questions that only you or S.S. can answer. First in Revenge of the Sith what kind of blasters will the clone troopers use the ones from Episode 2 or the ones from the original trilogy? Secondly in Episode 5 on cloud city who was it who blasted C-3PO in that room?

Thirdly what do you think about the idea of having a predator alien in the next trilogy? My final question is in Episode 8 there are gong to be Mandalorians. I thought they were almost all, but extinct after the first Mandalorian war that happened 4,000 years prior to the films. I thought that Jango Fett was the last of them. Or are these just guys that just call themselves Mandalorians? Thanks for your time keep up the good work!

George Lucas: The clone troopers will utilize the prequel-era blasters for Revenge of the Sith.

muserke
Oh please. We all know there aren't going to be any ep7,8 and 9.
You got this stuff from supershadow. All that twit can do is lie.

Orin_The_Great
dtheatre
.com/read.php?sid=2655 this is a message board site.check it and see many others agree!!!!read and learn.

p.s. dose anyone go to netdragons?

Orin_The_Great
i got this stuff off of many other sites too!!!

also this stuff is in starwars books.the books are 7-9 episodes but are not specified as movies. so booya.

Orin_The_Great
you are probably someone who always beleive what George Lucas says. he said no more after return of the jedi...he made three more and plots for 3 more!!!

a trilogy of trilogies makes sense to me...some ppl need to open thier closed minds.

Orin_The_Great
some people are retards.

Orin_The_Great
starwars is better to end with a trilogy of trilogies...i mean there are over 20 jamesbond movies and they all suck!!!!

muserke
Act normal, n00b. There isn't going to be a new trilogy. Maybe a tv-series but no trilogy! Got it?

Hybris
It's too bad, the scripts are great I think. But it's true that GL doesn't want to make another SW movie....

xyz jedi
Yes he is. What's the point in having a plot if there isn'ty going to be a film? George Lucas says in Star Wars the battle will never end but the main thing in star wars which everyone knows and remembers is the force which was balanced in VOTF (Ep 9)

And would a trilogy of torilogies be bad? I think it's the best idea ever! rolling on floor laughing

green dude
Do you guys listen he thinking of making prequals why not sequals if he dose make more i will waiting.

And Orin_The_Great great stuff it was good and you know what if i were GL finish what you started pluse he would be famous after death the great GL with his 9 or 15 movies on SW the best movie money can buy they could put that on a grave th Great GL big grin

muserke
He isn't going to make a new one! He said that if he would do that, he would have to work till he was over 90 years old, so he's stopping. Quit dreaming.

green dude
Well i can dream all i want GL had dream and look where it got him so there muserke and it only takes a year to make one movie check LOTR and SW. smile

So there i hope he makes more a least to nine he seems to make these by 3s but i don't care what you say if he dose till he goes sad he will been known for years on his grave they will write the one and only man to make 9 movies on one story and everyone still likes the movies.big grin

So don't rain on my parade keep you comments to yourself. stick out tongue

muserke
Well ok. Just don't hope to much, cuz you're only going to be dissapointed when you find out I'm right and they don't come out. I rest my case, and now I'm going to watch Spiderman 2. Good evening.

Darth Halo
This was all dumb I like the ideas of new movies but GL is not going to ruin the Star Wars name...... Even though he almost did with the PT movies but kinda redeemed himself in ROTS. One other thing GL had a dream to make a spectacular space movie, you green dude have a dream of another guy's dream to make movies

xyz jedi
He is thinking on making ep0 before the phantom menace, and a sequal trilogy which are going to be the last movies he'll make. Then his children if he has any, might make more films.

Trilogy of trilogies is the best idea ever and supershadow is good, so is "www.starwarss.com"

Darth Plagues
Luke Skywalker did become more powerful than Yoda in the NJO series.

Sodo
No, I honestly don't think Luke was more powerful than Yoda in any of the movies. EU is another story. Yoda has more experience in everything.

Darth Travizzle
Dude, definitly NOT! Yoda was pretty much the head of the Jedi Order, and he was small and still almost defeated the Emperor. So no. Yoda would still come out on top. but if your talking about Luke being more powerful AFTER Yoda died, then still no.

Darth Travizzle
I really hope that SOMEONE makes episodes VII, VIII, and IX.

Darth hi
Yoda is definately better than luke. he has hundreds more years of exp so he would be way better

if luke had been trained for long enough he would have turned to da dark side evil face

Darth_Nefarus
We never see Luke at his full potential in the movies. Based on the books I've read, and the fact that midichlorians are real I'd say Luke eventually bests Yoda.
You can argue that Yoda was older wiser, blah blah blah blah friggin blah, but right under Yoda's nose a Sith Lord took over the galaxy and converted the Messiah of the Jedi Order.
Any Yoda > ROTJ Luke
NJO Luke > Any Yoda

Sega
the only person more powerful than yoda is sidious and no one could of learned much more in anything to become better than thoes 2..and if yoda wuld train luke foryears i dont think he would teach luke everything he knows and since he trained luke he would know every single move luke knows

Darth_Nefarus
Not true, Anakin was more powerful than Yoda, but he wasn't as controlled.
NJO Luke is far beyond Yoda in power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.