Batfollies is now complete!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mavic19
go to unifiedstudioproductions .com and you will be able to watch all our shorts including Batfollies. Just right click and SAVE TARGET AS, wait for the download and watch it in all its silly ass glory. Enjoy!

Scoobless
should i get the basic or the directors cut?

NoWare Man
Hey, I'm Dan from the website, I've been working with Gary. You probably won't see me posting too many responses on the website, but last I spoke with Gary, he was busy, but I'll answer your question the best I can. If you want to see the one we entered to Wizard for the contest, get the basic one, but if you want to see what we had to cut out, get the directors cut, it's about 8 min long.

mavic19
watch the directors cut

Scoobless
hell... i just downloaded both of them anyway

mavic19
Right on...Just let us know whatcha think.

Scoobless
not bad .... it could be a lot funnier though... the whole "i'm Batman... are not... am too..." thing was a little juvenile and not really funny

mavic19
that was the whole point. and that it helped build up to what happened next.

diestler
Scoobless, you seem to be a pretty harsh critic (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). I like an honest opinion - it's hard to get honest feedback from most people. I still hadn't heard what you thought of my short (from the Wizard Direct to Video board). See link below - sorry to invade your board mavic19.

Scoobless
Originally posted by mavic19
that was the whole point. and that it helped build up to what happened next.

i realise that... but it could have been doen in an amusing way... you can be juvenile AND funny at the same time

Originally posted by diestler
Scoobless, you seem to be a pretty harsh critic (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

i wasn't trying to be harsh.... i just thought that if i said i didn't 100% like it all then i should say which parts i thought could be improved

although one of the better bits was in the directors cut but not the wizard cut... the guy falling off the roof

i haven't seen yours yet

diestler
By "harsh" I meant honest - and I think that is a good thing.

Scoobless
Originally posted by diestler
By "harsh" I meant honest - and I think that is a good thing.

lol... ok.... i'm DLing "Reality Roundup" just now.. halfway done

diestler
Could you reply to "Reality Round-Up" in the Wizard post - I don't want to take over mavic19's board. Thx.

mavic19
Honest opinions are great. What I guess any artist would like about their project is constructive criticism. Details like what worked and what didn't. We found that around 80% of the people who watched Batfollies, found that sequence with Batman and the crook taunting each other and Robin getting shot to be one of the funniest. They all liked the timing. So we kept it. It was totally meant to be juvenile in that sense as our concept was to take everything Batman is and do a 180 degree turn. Make him lazy, poor, and kinda dumb. Throw in a gay Robin and a scrawny Bane and there you go! lol. So I guess what we would like to know is details on what worked and what didn't.

diestler
mavic19 - well said, that is what I meantsmile

Scoobless
Originally posted by mavic19
80% of the people who watched Batfollies, found that sequence with Batman and the crook taunting each other and Robin getting shot to be one of the funniest.

don't get me wrong... i thought that robin getting shot was great... and the best part of it.... but the taunting could have been cut a little shorter for my own tastes... maybe 1 less (are not... am too)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.