The Flash vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman88
can the flash defeat the man of steel or will he die at the hands of superman?

Xplosive
He will die (Flash).

Creshosk
Could flash steal the man of steel's speed?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Creshosk
Could flash steal the man of steel's speed?

Wally could. Actually, any of the Flash's could probably just avoid Superman indefinitely...making it a draw. But nothing any of them could do would hurt Supes.

-DM

Blair Wind
hey a million punches gotta do something....but he could just steal his kinetic energy making him a statue

CorderaMitchell
Would about one of his all powerful tornado attacks, or he could just spin him light speed and toss him, thats gotta hurt, it did some on the justice league.

ZephroCarnelian
You can throw Supes around all you like, if he smashes into anything, it pretty much only hurts the thing he smashes into lol.

I don't think even Flashes most powerful punches could injure the Man of Steel - maybe knock him really far, but doubtful whether they'd hurt him.

But I doubt Superman could catch the Flash to hurt him either.

In a strightline in outerspace, maybe Supes could get close to Flashes speed. But on a planet, in a fight? Supes is outmaneuvered.

I'll call it a draw.

CorderaMitchell
Yeah I'll go with that.

Hoshi
i already saw flash fighting against a guy that was almost as fast as him and as tough as superman , and wally was being busted like a dog , and than he just ran faster and faster till he could catch this guy back , than he punched his face saying : He may be as tough as super but with the speed that i acquired ... he will feel it .
But i dont think he could win , all i am saying is that he could hurt super , but never win

CorderaMitchell
Flash could DEFINITELY hurt superman.

Swanky-Tuna
He could steal Superman's speed then throw a blanket over him and wait until he's weak.

CorderaMitchell
Or flash could come on all of the computers in a city and tell us that he will win on this forum in all red letters.

Swanky-Tuna
I-I mean Flash wins

Scoobless
Flash could avoid Superman as long as it takes him to get hold of some villains confiscated weaponry that could help him

CorderaMitchell
Well, you just took the fun out of this.

whirlysplat
Wally or Barry loses

CorderaMitchell
Please tell us how, I know this is your first post in this thread, but we are nowhere with that comment alone.

Batman88
This is the Wally Flash

Batman88
This is the Wally version of the flash incase you were wondering.

Batman88
oops didnt mean to double post.

ZephroCarnelian
You mean triple post? wink

The only thing of Supes' I could think of that might catch Flash off guard is heat vision, even then it'd have to be close range.

Pre-crisis Supes would catch up with him and smack him about no problem.

leonidas
i really don't like flash much for this forum. i like the character, but it's too hard to come up with good battles for him. (and he's got to have the WORST rogue's gallery!) anyway, flash could make headaches for supes, but beyond that there's not much he could do to truly hurt/beat him. unless he steals his speed. or some kryptonite. on the flip side, it would be tough for supes to land a shot - but it would only take one. if supes decided to fight the battle from the air, it would help him. in flight he might be able (??) to at least approach flash's speed THEN hit him with something like a wide angle heat vision blast. at best, supes wins, at worst i think it's a draw.

CorderaMitchell
perhaps

Scoobless
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
You mean triple post? wink

The only thing of Supes' I could think of that might catch Flash off guard is heat vision, even then it'd have to be close range.

Pre-crisis Supes would catch up with him and smack him about no problem.

perhaps... but the original version of Superman would get his head caved in by the Flash

CorderaMitchell
well thank you for at least pointing out that, superman can indeed be injured by the flash.

ZephroCarnelian
The original version of Superman?

I happen to have a video of the original 1940s Superman - they were literally the comic strips turned into animation.

He stood there and took full on an 'electrothanasia ray' which had just destroyed a huge bridge and a skyscraper.

He's not exactly a weed lol, not by a longshot.

Scoobless
The original version of Superman?

I happen to have a video of the original 1940s Superman - they were literally the comic strips turned into animation.

He stood there and took full on an 'electrothanasia ray' which had just destroyed a huge bridge and a skyscraper.

He's not exactly a weed lol, not by a longshot.

i mean the ORIGINAL original... from the first appearance... where he can't fly..... isn't that fast.... is nowhere near as strong as now... and can be hurt by tank shells... don't think he had heat vision either

CorderaMitchell
oh

ZephroCarnelian
My video IS of the original.

He evolves from the first episode to the seventh.

In the first episode, the intro describes him as:

faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound

By the last episode it says:

faster than a bolt of lightning, more powerful than the pounding surf, mightier than the strongest hurricane, able to soar higher than the highest aircraft

leonidas
pre-crisis supes (not the 30's/40's supes - geez scoob, you're dating yourself . . .) could run as fast as flash AND do all the other stuff supes does now but at a higher level. heheheh. precrisis supes was great! and if all the upgrades continue, we may not be far from seeing him again!

CorderaMitchell
wow you remembered.

ZephroCarnelian
There will be so many complaints from people on this forum.

But Supes shouldn't have been watered down.

Ah well - just gives Surfer/Gladiator etc their time in the spotlight! wink

CorderaMitchell
supes needed a little water to make the soup better get it?

ZephroCarnelian
No. Supes should be like eating a can of condensed soup, or drinking undiluted squash - flavour to the max, even if it's ont to everyone's liking!!! big grin

CorderaMitchell
then he will be "Suppped up"lol

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
pre-crisis supes (not the 30's/40's supes - geez scoob, you're dating yourself . . .)

lol.... i realise that... but PC Supes wasn't part of the thread and he got brought up anyway... so i figured i might as well bring up original Supes....

and i'm not that old... i only just read the first appearance of him last month

smile

whirlysplat
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Please tell us how, I know this is your first post in this thread, but we are nowhere with that comment alone.

roll eyes (sarcastic) mismatch roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do I have to?

confused ok he uses the Tricksters giant shoes and trips him up laughing

mismatch

Keep the faith big grin

Keep it Whirly laughing

not even worth a serious reply

juggernaut74
In a race FLash wins everyone should know that.

In a fight FLash dies everyone should know that.

Happy Dance

CorderaMitchell
how is supes touching him this is already been declared a draw.

DrDoom
Superman wins 4/10, they draw 4/10, and Wally races around the planet at lightspeed--searching for Kryptonite (an assload has recently fallen out of the sky) and uses it to win 2/10.

Seriously, Blue Beetle ALONE had 100 pounds of assorted colors of K in storage.

Cosmic Cube
Superman won't even land a punch on Flash if Flash doesn't want him to. Flash wins, pretty obvious.

8bitChris
Unless Batman shows up and kills them both with a death touch.

ragesRemorse
i'm just curious on how Flash would touch superman, seeing how Superman has flight capabilities. Couldnt Superman just fly up really high, and crash into the Earth like a Atom bomb? i mean, he has done it before.

ZephroCarnelian
He could do it, but would he?

norrin radd
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He could steal Superman's speed then throw a blanket over him and wait until he's weak.

LOLOLOLOL, very good

ragesRemorse
He could do it, but would he?

No, he never does what he CAN do untill the final issues of a series. I'm sure he wouldnt fly at all and try and dodge flash human style.

black robb
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Wally could. Actually, any of the Flash's could probably just avoid Superman indefinitely...making it a draw. But nothing any of them could do would hurt Supes.

-DM maybe the one from Kingdom Come could

K3VIL
The most stupid thing about Flash actually is that he still can't fly.
In Kingdom Come he was able to, it's all a matter of moving his molecules in the directions he want to, like he do when he's running.
A flying Flash is very uber alles.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by K3VIL
The most stupid thing about Flash actually is that he still can't fly.
In Kingdom Come he was able to, it's all a matter of moving his molecules in the directions he want to, like he do when he's running.
A flying Flash is very uber alles.
I think it's cooler than he can just run up pollen or dust.

whirlysplat
Supes big grin

CorderaMitchell
Flashlamo

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
No, he never does what he CAN do untill the final issues of a series. I'm sure he wouldnt fly at all and try and dodge flash human style.

How would Superman dodge Flash?

CorderaMitchell
your guess is as good as mine.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
How would Superman dodge Flash?
Superman is also very fast.

Superman wins

CorderaMitchell
He still cant touch flash, he is beyond very fast, beyond really fast, beyond fast period.

kgkg
He still cant touch flash, he is beyond very fast, beyond really fast, beyond fast period.
Bullshit.

Superman was faster than Flash before he learned to master the speed force.

Superman can fly, use heat vision, yes he might miss few times but supes is going to kill the flash.

Superman wins with ease.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by kgkg
Bullshit.

Superman was faster than Flash before he learned to master the speed force.

Superman can fly, use heat vision, yes he might miss few times but supes is going to kill the flash.

Superman wins with ease.
He'll steal the speed of Superman's heat vision.

CorderaMitchell
calm down bud supes aint faster than flash if he were would there need to be one, and you guys wonder why supes can get boring.....http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/review/R15722.html

kgkg
calm down bud supes aint faster than flash if he were would there need to be one, and you guys wonder why supes can get boring.....http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/review/R15722.html
Never said he is faster.

He was faster than flash before he mastered the Speed Force.

kgkg
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He'll steal the speed of Superman's heat vision.
you are joking rite?

CorderaMitchell
read this link, I posted it on accident at first but some of you may think it is funnyhttp://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/review/R15722.html

Swanky-Tuna
you are joking rite?
It has speed. We can only assume Flash can steal it. Like he'll steal it from Superman.

jrodslam
Flash has said himself that hes faster than heat vision. Superman tried it, and Flash outran it.

Metalmanx
Flash would definitely be able to hurt Superman, but not really defeat him.

Superman, on the other hand, would never be able to lay a hand or hurt the Flash in anyway.

In a real fight to a knock out, I say this fight is a draw.

nigel45
So I read like the first two pages of this thread so far, and here are some comments I have:

Flash has the speed advantage, meaning he could hypothetically avoid Superman for quite awhile. However, Superman has definitely got the endurance advantage, meaning eventually Wally would have to slow down or stop, and then it's bye bye.

Flash could steal his kinetic energy, but I think all that would do is trip Superman up for a a second (I'm basing this off a statement made in Flash #102? #104? Sorry guys, I'll get the issue number in the morning).

Flash is faster than heat vision.

Some high velocity punches would probably have some effect, but Superman should be fast enough to fight back.

And then there's the "Wally collects Kryptonite" theory, which would actually probably work, but I don't know if the thread creator would allow it.

K3VIL
He can it Superman with Speed Force bolts, with proved to be very powerful and travel fast too, then perform a single IMP, during the process of the IMP he sayed he can hit Zum thousand times before he can blink an eye, and one thousand IMP are too much even for Supes.

CorderaMitchell
hey good point.

jrodslam
He can it Superman with Speed Force bolts, with proved to be very powerful and travel fast too, then perform a single IMP, during the process of the IMP he sayed he can hit Zum thousand times before he can blink an eye, and one thousand IMP are too much even for Supes.

Eventhough im rooting for Flash in this one, I have to come to Supermans defence here.

Flash wouldnt be able to hit Superman with a thousand IMP's. It takes time for Flash to build up the speed in order to do it. It took him 7 seconds to do it to Grodd in Flash #211. And that was just to knock him out. In order for Wally to do a successful imp against Superman, he'll need more time and distance to pull it off.

I still say Flash wins by stealing Supes's speed, unless Superman uses the icy breath which might have a chance of slowing Wally down. It works for Capt.Cold.

K3VIL
Originally posted by jrodslam
Eventhough im rooting for Flash in this one, I have to come to Supermans defence here.

Flash wouldnt be able to hit Superman with a thousand IMP's. It takes time for Flash to build up the speed in order to do it. It took him 7 seconds to do it to Grodd in Flash #211. And that was just to knock him out. In order for Wally to do a successful imp against Superman, he'll need more time and distance to pull it off.

I still say Flash wins by stealing Supes's speed, unless Superman uses the icy breath which might have a chance of slowing Wally down. It works for Capt.Cold.
It's not a matter of distance.
Also, the issues with guys like Cap Cold are cheap written.
I mean, if Flash himself stated he can hit someone with the energy of the IMP before he can blink an eye, he's not doing some bravado assumption, he knows the limits of his powers, and even if it's not a thousand times, it's certainly over 20 the number of IMP he can throw you, it means Supes will go down anyway.

Cosmic Cube
I mean, if Flash himself stated he can hit someone with the energy of the IMP before he can blink an eye, he's not doing some bravado assumption, he knows the limits of his powers, and even if it's not a thousand times, it's certainly over 20 the number of IMP he can throw you, it means Supes will go down anyway.

Agreed, not to mention the fact that Superman is nowhere near the Flash in speed. Superman's speed limit on Earth is Mach 10, at maximum.

K3VIL
Agreed, not to mention the fact that Superman is nowhere near the Flash in speed. Superman's speed limit on Earth is Mach 10, at maximum.
Exactly cube, Flash can enter in the SF Dimension avoiding damage caused from his movement at such high speeds, Supes can't on the other hand.

CorderaMitchell
exactly

Blair Wind
ok...im rooting for flash here because well he should be able to kick the crap out of almost ANYBODY....but why is it that he is always getting HIS ass kicked???

Mainstream
Originally posted by Blair Wind
ok...im rooting for flash here because well he should be able to kick the crap out of almost ANYBODY....but why is it that he is always getting HIS ass kicked???

he lacks focus being fast or powerful doesn't make you invicible young warrior.character50 if you mess with a tough oppoent you will pay the price.revenge

kgkg
Superman wins

-Flash speed is overrated; he needed momentum and space to reach high speed. (Flash Comics)

- Flash is as slow as anyone when he is not on the Ground (Flash comics)

- Superman has raced flash (flash is faster, but like I said he need momentum and space)

- Flash has admitted that speed blitz could also hurt him if not done rite.

Mainstream
Superman wins

-Flash speed is overrated; he needed momentum and space to reach high speed. (Flash Comics)

- Superman has raced flash (flash is faster, but like I said he need momentum and space)

poor wally.

K3VIL
Superman wins

Yes, all before he become one with the speed force, he can even create a costume made of SF Energy he used when his legs where injured and unavailable.

nigel45
Superman wins

Superman requires just as much if not more momentum to reach high speeds. They "raced" not too long ago, and if Wally had decided to kick it up, Superman would have eaten his dust.

The being off the ground part isn't entirely true. He still HAS his speed, he just can't use it as he usually does (running). He could still deliver high speed attacks to Superman if Supes somehow managed to get Wally in the air.

And the speed blitzing, well, I think we can all agree that he's had just a little practice with that. I know he's said that if done incorrectly it could hurt him, but I personally have never seen him screw it up. If you've got an example of this, by all means.

I've got a general question for everyone: What exactly are the speed force bolts? That's the one thing that I haven't seen before.

kgkg
Originally posted by nigel45
Superman requires just as much if not more momentum to reach high speeds. They "raced" not too long ago, and if Wally had decided to kick it up, Superman would have eaten his dust.

The being off the ground part isn't entirely true. He still HAS his speed, he just can't use it as he usually does (running). He could still deliver high speed attacks to Superman if Supes somehow managed to get Wally in the air.

And the speed blitzing, well, I think we can all agree that he's had just a little practice with that. I know he's said that if done incorrectly it could hurt him, but I personally have never seen him screw it up. If you've got an example of this, by all means.

I've got a general question for everyone: What exactly are the speed force bolts? That's the one thing that I haven't seen before.
Yes the point was Flash cannot just kill anyone with beyond light speed (or close to it) it requires time and space.(same for supes , but unlike flash supes doesn’t even need speed due to all the other power at his disposal)

-“The being off the ground part isn't entirely true.” ( I didn't make this up , I got this rite from flash’s mouth he said when am on the air he is at the mercy of gravity , not my opinion)

-ok smile

The point is supes is going to get few hits, he can easily level the ground they are battling, send him in the air and break his bones.

Flash had trouble with Grood.

Supes is
Fast - not as fast as Flash, but fast enough to make a difference.
Strong - flash is human strength.

And lastly he can fly  flash won’t be doing much there.
etc.

Cosmic Cube
Yes the point was Flash cannot just kill anyone with beyond light speed (or close to it) it requires time and space.(same for supes , but unlike flash supes doesn’t even need speed due to all the other power at his disposal)

-“The being off the ground part isn't entirely true.” ( I didn't make this up , I got this rite from flash’s mouth he said when am on the air he is at the mercy of gravity , not my opinion)

-ok smile

The point is supes is going to get few hits, he can easily level the ground they are battling, send him in the air and break his bones.

Flash had trouble with Grood.

Supes is
Fast - not as fast as Flash, but fast enough to make a difference.
Strong - flash is human strength.

And lastly he can fly  flash won’t be doing much there.
etc.

The high velocity mass punch was effective against Zum, but I don't think it would have the same effect on Superman.

How will Superman hit Flash? If Wally was an idiot, and he ran up and tried to attack Superman a million times, of course he'll get knocked out. But why would he do that?

nigel45
The being off the ground part isn't entirely true.” ( I didn't make this up , I got this rite from flash’s mouth he said when am on the air he is at the mercy of gravity , not my opinion)

I know you didn't make it up, I'm just saying that even though he can't fly, I personally believe him capable of avoiding Superman in the air long enough to get to the ground. He still has all of his speed, meaning he can channel it to his arms or whatever and dodge Superman whenever he gets close.

Course I don't have any proof or examples to show you, so I'll shut up. wink

kgkg
The high velocity mass punch was effective against Zum, but I don't think it would have the same effect on Superman.

How will Superman hit Flash? If Wally was an idiot, and he ran up and tried to attack Superman a million times, of course he'll get knocked out. But why would he do that?
Because he is the flash lol

Anyways

How will superman hit Flash? Are you saying someone with supes speed can't hit Flash (not even once?) , or level a huge block where they are fighting (sending him in the air)?

Superman has raced flash few times and they were pretty close.

Am not saying Superman will be keeping up with flash, flash will get hit at least few times.

It should be the other way around how will flash hit Superman, and will it even hurt Superman? Superman could fly (flash can’t)

At high speed Flash has been scared of hurting himself.

Cosmic Cube
Because he is the flash lol

Anyways

How will superman hit Flash? Are you saying someone with supes speed can't hit Flash (not even once?) , or level a huge block where they are fighting (sending him in the air)?

Superman has raced flash few times and they were pretty close.

Am not saying Superman will be keeping up with flash, flash will get hit at least few times.

It should be the other way around how will flash hit Superman, and will it even hurt Superman? Superman could fly (flash can’t)

At high speed Flash has been scared of hurting himself.

You have a point. I'm sure Flash doesn't accelerate from 0 to lightspeed in no time flat. I've heard Flash cruises at about 150 mph, but it's really a matter of acceleration. Superman would have to hit Flash before he gained enough momentum, which could be pretty darn fast. I'm sure one hit will end the fight, but it all depends on Flash's acceleration.

I have always questioned Flash's reaction time. He has broken his nose a couple of times running into walls.

K3VIL
You have a point. I'm sure Flash doesn't accelerate from 0 to lightspeed in no time flat. I've heard Flash cruises at about 150 mph, but it's really a matter of acceleration. Superman would have to hit Flash before he gained enough momentum, which could be pretty darn fast. I'm sure one hit will end the fight, but it all depends on Flash's acceleration.

I have always questioned Flash's reaction time. He has broken his nose a couple of times running into walls.
Flash don't need to fly in this fight.
He'll wait for Supes flying in his range of melee attacks.
Zum's durability was in Supes magnitude of durability, so was that of the other White Martians.An IMP or more than one are a force Kal El must reckon with Cosmic Cube.
Plus Flash has run into force fields or walls but he's not always that dumb.When well written Wally is really strong.Remember World War III, the saga of Mageddon?Wally raced from the end of D.C. Universe to the Earth followed by Glimmer, last survivor of Wonderworld, and if he sayed it, it means he can someone run without ground under his feet.If he didn't took Glimmer to the Earth, the JLA wouldn't be able to give superpowers to all the earth population and unleash a massive attack to Mageddon.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Unless Batman shows up and kills them both with a death touch.

omg.. lmao laughing

black wolverine
as much as i hate superman he wins superman's speed is close to the flash's speed and being a little faster dont mean nothin supes can hit him there might be a kidat skool faster than u but that dont mean u cant beat his ass u see wat im sayin

jrodslam

Flash cant even deliver 20 imp's in a row. Hell, he couldnt even do 5 in a row. He needs build-up to do and IMP.

How many IMP's did he hit Zum with? Was it 1 or many. My guess is 1.

You say that Flash has stated that he can hit someone with a thousand IMP's before they could blink an eye? I think you read wrong. I think he said that he could just hit someone a thousand times before they can blink an eye. Regular punches and IMP's are different. And he needs time to execute an IMP.

black wolverine
supermans gay ass wins

CorderaMitchell
I thought he was with louis lane

Dizzle
No see, only his ass is gay. The rest's all straight and American. And Bush won't let you forget it! (hehe, please don't hurt me)

nigel45

Well, 0 to lightspeed takes some time I'm sure, but he can sure as hell accelerate. He's heard gunshots fired, began moving so quickly that they virtually stood in midair, and knocked them down. There's no exact speed given in that, but it's certainly pretty quick. And I could be wrong, but I thought that Flash's cruising speed (when he's not doing anything important) is more around 300 mph. Could be wrong.

As for the nose thing, well, I've always kinda looked at it as Comic induced stupidity or Wally induced stupidity. He makes mistakes from time to time, but he usually doesn't.

Cosmic Cube
Well, 0 to lightspeed takes some time I'm sure, but he can sure as hell accelerate. He's heard gunshots fired, began moving so quickly that they virtually stood in midair, and knocked them down. There's no exact speed given in that, but it's certainly pretty quick. And I could be wrong, but I thought that Flash's cruising speed (when he's not doing anything important) is more around 300 mph. Could be wrong.

As for the nose thing, well, I've always kinda looked at it as Comic induced stupidity or Wally induced stupidity. He makes mistakes from time to time, but he usually doesn't.

You may be right. Achieving lightspeed would take time, but if he can go from standing still to swatting bullets, his acceleration must be pretty high.

How exactly does stealing speed work?

jrodslam
Well, 0 to lightspeed takes some time I'm sure, but he can sure as hell accelerate. He's heard gunshots fired, began moving so quickly that they virtually stood in midair, and knocked them down. There's no exact speed given in that, but it's certainly pretty quick.

In Flash #207 - Flash says "I'm moving fast, but time doesnt stop. Weaving through the crowd, I cant go from zero to mach 8 instantly. Turning like this--I'm lucky if im breaking the sound barrier."

There was a parade going on, and someone shot in the crowd while Wally was trying to contact Hal(Spectre). As soon as he heard the shot, he "shifted into gear". He searched the whole crowd, checking every potential victim. Flash picked a sniper bullet out of mid air, then slowed down to see where the sniper was perched, due to some pigeons flying away.

jrodslam

In Flash #209 - "I could steal all of Supermans kinetic energy and stop him cold, but it'd be like throwing him out of a car--One moving at over 2,000 miles a second.

Flash is able to steal the persons knetic energy. Meaning he can only do this feat if the person is moving(walking, running).

In the DC Encyclopedia, it states that Flash can lend his speed to moving objects or people by touch. I assume he also has to touch the person in order to steal the speed as well.

Cosmic Cube
In Flash #209 - "I could steal all of Supermans kinetic energy and stop him cold, but it'd be like throwing him out of a car--One moving at over 2,000 miles a second.

Flash is able to steal the persons knetic energy. Meaning he can only do this feat if the person is moving(walking, running).

In the DC Encyclopedia, it states that Flash can lend his speed to moving objects or people by touch. I assume he also has to touch the person in order to steal the speed as well.

When he does this, is the subject frozen, or just stopped momentarily?

jrodslam
Stopped momentarily. If he were to steal Supermans speed, it wouldnt have froze him. It would have been like tripping him, and having Superman roll to Moscow. But Superman wouldnt be able to do anything about it.

jrodslam
Cosmic Cube, to your post in SS vs Superman, Sperman was moving at over 2,000 miles per second. They both were. smile

When Flash stated " One moving at over 2,000 miles a second"

The "One" meant a car.

Cosmic Cube
Cosmic Cube, to your post in SS vs Superman, Sperman was moving at over 2,000 miles per second. They both were. smile

When Flash stated " One moving at over 2,000 miles a second"

The "One" meant a car.

Ok. I've just been a little skeptical about some Superman claims since I've seen/read some of his comics.

Cosmic Cube
Stopped momentarily. If he were to steal Supermans speed, it wouldnt have froze him. It would have been like tripping him, and having Superman roll to Moscow. But Superman wouldnt be able to do anything about it.
Ok.

jrodslam
laughing laughing Understandible.

nigel45
You may be right. Achieving lightspeed would take time, but if he can go from standing still to swatting bullets, his acceleration must be pretty high.

Yeah, and I still don't know if he can go at light speed without entering the speedforce, and what it means if he does enter it or what. Jrodslam, do you know what happens when Wally hits lightspeed?

jrodslam
Yeah, and I still don't know if he can go at light speed without entering the speedforce, and what it means if he does enter it or what. Jrodslam, do you know what happens when Wally hits lightspeed?

Wally can go lightspeed at anytime, BUUUT, he risks time travel everytime he does it. Hes trying to get better at it though. I love that guy.

Thats why he doesnt do it often. Hardly ever. Thats when he fully taps the speedforce. But he doesnt wanna risk it.

nigel45
interesting

K3VIL
Flash cant even deliver 20 imp's in a row. Hell, he couldnt even do 5 in a row. He needs build-up to do and IMP.

How many IMP's did he hit Zum with? Was it 1 or many. My guess is 1.

You say that Flash has stated that he can hit someone with a thousand IMP's before they could blink an eye? I think you read wrong. I think he said that he could just hit someone a thousand times before they can blink an eye. Regular punches and IMP's are different. And he needs time to execute an IMP.
Oh god, why you are so boring?
1.Flash performed the IMP in seconds if not nanoseconds
2.He reached Zum exiting from the SF Dimension, and Zum was appearing to him like standing still
3.He stated he can hit him thousand times before HE and HE means ZUM can blink an eye.
4.If he stated that he can hit him with the energy achieved through the IMP manouver thousand times it means he can, he knows how fast he is.

CorderaMitchell
flash is watered down a lot, if used to his max potential, he could simply get a strong weapon and take out some of dc's best.

jrodslam
Oh god, why you are so boring?
1.Flash performed the IMP in seconds if not nanoseconds
2.He reached Zum exiting from the SF Dimension, and Zum was appearing to him like standing still
3.He stated he can hit him thousand times before HE and HE means ZUM can blink an eye.
4.If he stated that he can hit him with the energy achieved through the IMP manouver thousand times it means he can, he knows how fast he is.

Me boring? Doubt it. Dont blame me for posting the truth. Flash is my favorite DC character, but facts are facts. He CANT do an IMP in a second, nanasecond, milisecond. He needs at least 5 seconds to do so.

2. Ofcourse when he hits someone with an IMP, they seem to be standing still. But he HAS to build up the speed in order to do so.

3. Yes Flash can hit someone a thousand times before he can blink an eye. He wasnt referring to hitting him with a thousand IMP's. He was talking about REGULAR punches. Regular punches and IMP's are very different.

4. Can you post the scan of him saying that he could hit Zum with a thousand IMP's? If not at least the issue #, and his exact quote from the comic.

5. In Flash #211, he needed 7 seconds just to do it to Grodd. Him and Kightwing were fighting Grodd together in the Flash museum, and while they were fighting, he said to Nightwing.........

Flash - "Can you stay alive for another SEVEN seconds?"
Nightwing - "Maybe even eight."

Then Flash says to himself......"Time to build up some momentum."

He CANT do an IMP in nanoseconds. I think you misinterpeted what he said. Can he hit someone a thousand times before they can blink? Yes. Can he hit someone a thousand times with a IMP before they can blink? NO.

Cosmic Cube
Me boring? Doubt it. Dont blame me for posting the truth. Flash is my favorite DC character, but facts are facts. He CANT do an IMP in a second, nanasecond, milisecond. He needs at least 5 seconds to do so.

2. Ofcourse when he hits someone with an IMP, they seem to be standing still. But he HAS to build up the speed in order to do so.

3. Yes Flash can hit someone a thousand times before he can blink an eye. He wasnt referring to hitting him with a thousand IMP's. He was talking about REGULAR punches. Regular punches and IMP's are very different.

4. Can you post the scan of him saying that he could hit Zum with a thousand IMP's? If not at least the issue #, and his exact quote from the comic.

5. In Flash #211, he needed 7 seconds just to do it to Grodd. Him and Kightwing were fighting Grodd together in the Flash museum, and while they were fighting, he said to Nightwing.........

Flash - "Can you stay alive for another SEVEN seconds?"
Nightwing - "Maybe even eight."

Then Flash says to himself......"Time to build up some momentum."

He CANT do an IMP in nanoseconds. I think you misinterpeted what he said. Can he hit someone a thousand times before they can blink? Yes. Can he hit someone a thousand times with a IMP before they can blink? NO.

I agree with Jrodslam. Flash had to run around the earth several times to gain enough inertial mass the first time he performed that punch. All it takes is one punch from Superman to put him down. Superman can definitely land one punch. Flash can't just run up to Superman and hit him with an inertial mass punch.

jrodslam
I hate typing. I gotta get me a scanner. reading

nigel45
I'm still really torn on this one. Hypothetically, an IMP (or at least a few HVP's) have the potential to knock Superman out, if only for a brief time. And even that might be a stretch. And of course, if Superman could get a decent punch in that Flash can't dodge, Wally's head would no longer be attached to his body.

Decisions.

K3VIL
I agree with Jrodslam. Flash had to run around the earth several times to gain enough inertial mass the first time he performed that punch. All it takes is one punch from Superman to put him down. Superman can definitely land one punch. Flash can't just run up to Superman and hit him with an inertial mass punch.
What part of FLASH ENTERS IN THE SPEED FORCE DIMENSION TO PERFORM THE IMP isn't clear to you?
He entered in the SF, and exited from here with the power of the IMP and hitted Zum.He didn't run across Earth, the IMP don't work in this way.It's so hard to understand?

Cosmic Cube
What part of FLASH ENTERS IN THE SPEED FORCE DIMENSION TO PERFORM THE IMP isn't clear to you?
He entered in the SF, and exited from here with the power of the IMP and hitted Zum.He didn't run across Earth, the IMP don't work in this way.It's so hard to understand?

Flash has to go at light speed to enter the Speed Force. That in itself takes time.

He did run around the Earth several times before he hit Zum. Flash has to accumilate inertial mass to perform the punch.

K3VIL
Flash has to go at light speed to enter the Speed Force. That in itself takes time.

He did run around the Earth several times before he hit Zum. Flash has to accumilate inertial mass to perform the punch.
The Speed Force is ANOTHER dimension, a different plane of existence, it's not the Earth.Flash didn't run around the Earth, why you can't understand DIDN'T?
He entered in the SFD when he achieved lightspeed, then exited from there an hitted Zum, a sort of teleportation.Like Nightcrawler exit from another dimension, Flash comes out from the SF Dimension to drain energy from SF and then hit you with the IMP

Saint Ramaeker
Flash could get some cryptonite really fast, get a couple miles away, run as fast as he can and shove into supermans chest. the flash would win any day!

Magee
The Speed Force is ANOTHER dimension, a different plane of existence, it's not the Earth.Flash didn't run around the Earth, why you can't understand DIDN'T?
He entered in the SFD when he achieved lightspeed, then exited from there an hitted Zum, a sort of teleportation.Like Nightcrawler exit from another dimension, Flash comes out from the SF Dimension to drain energy from SF and then hit you with the IMP I agree with you man, he just needs to enter the SF dimension to get the momentum he needs, hence the running at light speed to enter the SFD.

FieryBalrog
what the hell is an "infinite mass punch"? The Flash would collapse into a black hole. I think they mean "infinite force punch"....

Zod4Life
The Flash would be dead from one punch from Superman.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
what the hell is an "infinite mass punch"? The Flash would collapse into a black hole. I think they mean "infinite force punch"....

It's a high inertial mass punch, giving Flash a lot of force. The Infinity mass punch is not the real name. It is impossible for Flash to attain infinite mass, because there is a finite amount of mass in the universe. If Flash really had infinite mass, the universe itself would collapse upon him instantly.

He entered in the SFD when he achieved lightspeed, then exited from there an hitted Zum, a sort of teleportation.Like Nightcrawler exit from another dimension, Flash comes out from the SF Dimension to drain energy from SF and then hit you with the IMP

Wrong. Flash has to attain lightspeed to enter the Speed Force. That requires time and space. He can't do a dimensional warp at will. Nightcrawler can.

Do you have the comic in which he punches Zum, the White Martian? He runs around the earth several times, then punches him into orbit.

K3VIL
It's a high inertial mass punch, giving Flash a lot of force. The Infinity mass punch is not the real name. It is impossible for Flash to attain infinite mass, because there is a finite amount of mass in the universe. If Flash really had infinite mass, the universe itself would collapse upon him instantly.

Wrong. Flash has to attain lightspeed to enter the Speed Force. That requires time and space. He can't do a dimensional warp at will. Nightcrawler can.

Do you have the comic in which he punches Zum, the White Martian? He runs around the earth several times, then punches him into orbit.
I've the comic right in front of me.
Flash is gaining speed, the Speed Force energy is starting tu surround him, he surpass Zum, entering in the SFD, he sayed he don't think Zum is linked to the SF, he doubt he's fast as Flash is when he tap into the SFD energy, he runs around him reappering behind him through the SF, he says he's just right out the tunnel of compressed photons.
He says he'll appear to him a like a light beam, he can hit him 1000 times before he can blink an eye, but one punch will be enough.
Flash's physical mass was practically limitless after entering into the Speed Force, exiting, he conserve the power of that mass, then punched Zum or his mass is just of a considerable amount after performing that manouver.
And just to let you know Cube, all this happened in nanoseconds, cause after throwing Zum away, Flash comed back to the bazar he surpassed moments ago, and picked up a vase, and gave it to the owner of the shop.The vase started to fall after he and Zum passed through the bazar.

jrodslam
What issue # is that? Can you post a scan?

So what youre saying is that Zum was already running, and Flash had to catch up with him? Thats what you mean by surpass?

So that would mean that Flash is already running, thus already building the momentum at the same time while chasing Zum.

Thats totaly different than standing still then going to perform an IMP at a still target. Ofcourse its gonna seem like a nanosecond while hes already running, but how lond did that take from the time he was standing still? Doubt that was a nanosecond.

K3VIL
Can someone tell me a site where I can update scanned pics?
I warn you the pics are in italian, not in english, but the images show you clearly what's happening
It's the Issue 4 of the first JLA series with Aquaman, GL, Flash, Superman, WW, Batman as official roster

darthgoober
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.