first horror movie that scaried the shit out of you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basementred
mad smokin' evil face sick

jnr hiphop
probably the chucky series.. well.. if you see em now.. its just a load of jack.. but i watched it when i was a lil kid..

tabby999
jaws, easy, i was like 6 and it scared the shit out of me

BackFire
The Shining scared me really bad when I first saw it. I couldn't sleep that night.

But, I was like 9.

BloodBird
mars attacks technacly cuz i thought it was a horror other than that i guess when i watched bits of bordello of blood or freddy kouger or candy man LoL

ragesRemorse
rawhead rex scared the crap out of me, it still remains as the only horror movie i can remember that actually fireghtened me. I htink it is because i always had this vision of a monster waiting in the shadows for me, and it looked a great deal like raw head did.

the scariest movie though, was red dawn. that was the first time i actually learned what could happen to America if we ever lost a war. I couldnt sleep for two days. My dad made me watch patton, and he said patton would never let us lose a war. When i was a kid it was exactly what i needed to hear smile george C scott that is.

papabeard
ANOES and Psycho.

Is rawhead rex any good?

jaden101
one of my first memories ever was sitting up late with my dad watching the thing (remake)...that scared the shit out of me

slipknotfreak
i have never been scared of a horror movie. it's either funny, or boring. if there is no gore, it's not horror, it's crap.

Gaetane
Definitly 'THE THING' remake, my god that was the only movie i turned my head away at some scenes, and also poltergeist, the clown scene scared me to death (i always thought he was under MY BED to)

Evil Dead
1. wow........no gore, it's not horror? That is utterly retarded. nice job corky.

2. you must have been one of those sheltered children who did not see a horror movie until you were proper age to see one. I'm sure Hellraiser or ANOES would have scared the crap out of you at 6 or 7 years old.

3. I realize you're too young to get my "corky" remark......do a google search for "Corky Life Goes On"

eggmayo
Aliens, when I was about 4

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by papabeard

Is rawhead rex any good?

No, not really. It is only good to me for nostalgia value. It's may be cool to see atleast once though.

basementred
i think it was chucky 's bride i was 4 and now i know better

Cinemaddiction
That would make you 11 years old, and WAY too young for this site.

Xtremechik2
Childs Play

jnr hiphop
Originally posted by tabby999
jaws, easy, i was like 6 and it scared the shit out of me

hmm.. for some reason that sounds like a shark movie..

ImmortalOne
Hannibal ...... It almost made me crap in my pants.... (Damn chili dogs)

MildPossession
A Nightmare on Elm Street was the first horror film to scare me.

exorcistlover
i suppose it would have to be childs play, i watched it when i was about 6 or 7. it really scared me , i was scared to turn off the lights coz i thought it would climb on my bed! that was one of the first horror films i watched.

basementred
maby i was 5 because im 12 now

WindDancer
Faces of Death (I was only 11 years old)

Temp3r
I don't know if it was the first movie that scared me, but its the first one that comes to mind. It would have to be "IT". I was so scared after watching it, that I couldn't go near anything clown related for weeks. I also stopped using "it" in a sentence for about a month. Suprisingly, my English mark dropped stick out tongue.

beta-wolf_101
The first horror movie that scared me was The Exorcist.

tabby999
Originally posted by jnr hiphop
hmm.. for some reason that sounds like a shark movie..

theres a very good reason for that

Discos
The first horror movie to ever scare me was the first horror movie I ever watched:

Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

I was around 9-10 years old and me and my mates were round at my house watching the movie and it scared the shit out of us. I had to go to the doctor to get sleep pills as I couldnt get to sleep. tbh I was scared of that movie for about 2 years and never watched a horror movie again till i was 14. Looking back now and laughing at my favourite horror character (Mr Krueger), I like the movie but still see how I was scared.

Discos - it left a deep scar

tommyevil
exorcist for me scared the crap out of me so i decided that it scared me so bad i wanted to write a novel that beat out what scared me about it. I wrote that novel see my profiel for more details.

beta-wolf_101
I'm too young to have my written works taken seriously. Or is it because
I am a pyromanic with ADHD.

Ian Fleming
I saw the original Halloween by John Carpenter when I was about 9. It scared the living hell out of me, literally. Couldn't sleep, had nightmares, ect. It's ironic now though: Michael Myers is one of my favorite horror icons today.

koolruningz
My older sister made me watch NOES pt 1 when i was 10, next to an open window with the lights off.
We're not that close now. no expression

bluesfan
hey i know i'm new to this but come on you have to be for real the movies are only scary if it could really happen those are the ones that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up and make you look over your shoulder. but i would have to say ARACHNOPHOBIA not that it would happen like that but i experenced it one christmas we bought a tree and after having it in the house the spider eggs hached and there were spiders all over my house very creepy now thats scary now thats reality eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

basementred
that's not true there are alot of movies that can't happen but are scary has hell

SithSpy
Ill agree with Child's Play being the first to scare. Which I think will be true for most children of the 80's, it has more scare value to younger viewers b/c who didnt have some kind of doll or action fig. or something in their room that, after viewing the movie, thought would come alive while you slept!

socialrebel101
The Fly, definitely. I first saw that when I was three or four. Jesus Christ... the part when his ear falls off is the only part that Ii remember to this day!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.