Mistakes in Dialouge???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Styles
Anyone catch the mistakes made with some of the lines???

For example...

With the encounter of Count Dooku... The count says, "Your swords, please".

In almost every star wars I have heard the light saber referred to as a jedi weapon or just a light saber but never a sword...

Guess Christopher Lee had a flashback from his Role in Lord of the Rings....

Anyone else catch a mistake.... There are a few...

astrofan428
You really consider that a mistake? Young Ani called it a laser sword.

Jedi Styles
Yes a mistake... I hated young ani, someons should have killed him with a laser sword... LOL

So that's two mistakes then... I basing this on consistency...

astrofan428
If it was a mistake I really think George would have changed it. Jedi are referred to as swordsman, remember Obi's line in Clones.

mike_kenobi
those r not mistakes... u just dont pay close enogh attention. theyre refered to as swords many times.

Robin Darkside
no mistake, swords is slang, so Dooku is hip

mysterio69
"that business on cato neimoida doesn't, doesn't count." that always sounded a little off.

Jedi Styles
Okay, here's one...

Let me Face the Emperor....

Alright, how does Obi-Wan know that Darth Sidious just gave himself the title of Emperor???? When clearly they were not at the Senate Meeting and to busy trying to enter the Jedi Temple....

Robin Darkside
Bail told them

Jedi Styles
WHEN?

Robin Darkside
after the senate meeting when Palpy declared himself emperor. The movie didn;t show it, it was obvious

Rolda Hayes
sure he would have found out somewhere?

Robin Darkside
yes, maybe not Bail, but most likely it was him
'
maybe captain antilles

Jedi Styles
I really doubt it.... But sure...

Robin Darkside
Well how else?, your guess is as good as mine.

astrofan428
They didnt show how Padme got pregnant but we can all assume it happened. They cant show every little detail.

Jedi Styles
Exactly... So I'm guessing it's a mistake in Dialouge.. hA

Robin Darkside
no, not everything has to be spelled out for you...
Man, go watch LOTR

astrofan428
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
no, not everything has to be spelled out for you...
Man, go watch LOTR

He is right, sleep will do you good. stick out tongue

Andrew McLeod
Originally posted by astrofan428
They didnt show how Padme got pregnant but we can all assume it happened. They cant show every little detail.

But they should...in that case. We all know Natalie Portman's capable of being highly sexual on film.

((The_Anomaly))
.....people are picking too much at these movies.

"Alright, how does Obi-Wan know that Darth Sidious just gave himself the title of Emperor???? When clearly they were not at the Senate Meeting and to busy trying to enter the Jedi Temple...."

gimme a break, obviously bail told them, they dont have to show it, for the same reason that there was no words between beru and obi, reason: cause he would just state a bunch of stuff WE JUST SAW, no point on repeating it again...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Jedi Styles
Yes a mistake... I hated young ani, someons should have killed him with a laser sword... LOL

I agree, i liked jar jar binks more than i did the kid they chose to play anakin.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
.....people are picking too much at these movies.

"Alright, how does Obi-Wan know that Darth Sidious just gave himself the title of Emperor???? When clearly they were not at the Senate Meeting and to busy trying to enter the Jedi Temple...."

gimme a break, obviously bail told them, they dont have to show it, for the same reason that there was no words between beru and obi, reason: cause he would just state a bunch of stuff WE JUST SAW, no point on repeating it again...

meh. I found it stupid. The stupid thing is that for the rest of the film everyone calls him 'Chancellor'.

Jedi Styles
I loved the film, movies should have consitency... I guess it's okay to call your boss your employee then isn't it? I don't know I like being consitant with things...

I'm just asking if people noticed any mistakes... It's that so bad to ask... Lighten up people...

Darth Zhin
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
after the senate meeting when Palpy declared himself emperor. The movie didn;t show it, it was obvious

When Obi was watching the holorecordings Sidious came and told Anakin to go "... and bring peace to the Empire".

I Think Obi deduced it from that.

any rebuttals please wellcome smart

Tulak Hord
Originally posted by astrofan428
You really consider that a mistake? Young Ani called it a laser sword.

Well, Anakin was a child, and to him it was a laser sword. He was only 9 or 10 I think, so it's not weird for him to call it a laser sword.

DeVi| D0do
I've been thinking about this...

Obi-Wan's line: "You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now... until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy."

Does that even make sense? Shouldn't the line be "...and now you have become the ...". "until now" suggests that what follows was happening before the present. That is, this line means that Anakin did become the very thing he swore to destroy, but now he is not.

I'm no expert on the english language, so I could very well be wrong... but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

The line should either be:

"You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind and now... and now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy."

or

"You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now... until now you have stopped yourself from becoming the very thing you swore to destroy."

the latter really loses it's effect and seems like a pointless statement...

Robin Darkside
He's using the phrase "until now", to mention that he is here, now.
Not that, what he did before, led him to the present.

I would have choosen different words though, but we all know Lucas aint the best with words

Darth Zhin

DeVi| D0do
heh, perhaps...

It's not a big deal... it just kinda didn't make sense to me.

Or is he saying 'until now' because he's going to put an end to it?

Robin Darkside
I wonder if anybody proofreads Lucas's work.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Darth Zhin
When Obi was watching the holorecordings Sidious came and told Anakin to go "... and bring peace to the Empire".

I Think Obi deduced it from that.

any rebuttals please wellcome smart

Thats right, although, He picked up on it pretty dam quick.
I think that was at the same time where he found out Palpy was sidius as well. I would agree that there were some slight inconsistency.

Obiwan and Yoda never talked about how the emperor came to be, but I guess it spoke for itself, him being sith and all. Then Obiwan told Padme that they were all fooled, Darkside clouds there vision. I think there should have seem something said between Obiwan and Yoda when they found out about Sidious being Palpy. it would give some assurance.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I've been thinking about this...

Obi-Wan's line: "You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now... until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy."

Does that even make sense? Shouldn't the line be "...and now you have become the ...". "until now" suggests that what follows was happening before the present. That is, this line means that Anakin did become the very thing he swore to destroy, but now he is not.

I'm no expert on the english language, so I could very well be wrong... but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

The line should either be:

"You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind and now... and now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy."

or

"You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now... until now you have stopped yourself from becoming the very thing you swore to destroy."

the latter really loses it's effect and seems like a pointless statement...
So yeah, I still think I'm right about this...

It means completely the opposite of what it's supposed to mean. Unless I've just been out of school so long my brain has given up on me and I can't comprehend english anymore...

blink

Darth Koroni
Okay, this isn't a verbal thig but, in the scene where Mace Windu and three Jedi Masters try to bring down Palpatine, what happened to their Lightsabers after they died?

Dresta
obi-wan probobly didn't get an english degree

DeVi| D0do
Yeah, I guess they don't teach english in Jedi school...

RayIsGay
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
Okay, this isn't a verbal thig but, in the scene where Mace Windu and three Jedi Masters try to bring down Palpatine, what happened to their Lightsabers after they died?

They went to a better place...

did anyone think Palpy acted funny, and his fighting style was weird. He kinda reminded me of Gollum from LOTR.

maddani
one line that really got to me was that "im runing out of tricks here" cuz the line b4 that one is something like go on with out me save palps and then its im runing out of tricks here like save me , the editing was so bad in this move

Jedi Styles
This is what Obi-Wan Says before the final duel....

"You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now... until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy."

I have seen the movie enough times that the above is the correct line. He does repeate until now twice.

Rebel Racer
Anakin says "**** you" to Obi-Wan during their duel. Watch closely, you CAN, in fact, see him mouth those words.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Jedi Styles
This is what Obi-Wan Says before the final duel....

"You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now... until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy."

I have seen the movie enough times that the above is the correct line. He does repeate until now twice.
What's your point? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.