House of M(spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
So what did everybody think of the opening issue?

armandovalles
i thought it was so f*cking amazing. I especially like how they showed Vision in a flashback and brought back Magneto, Quicksilver, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, and Falcon. It, in my personal opinion, was one of the besty issues ive ever read and i hope it just gets better.

Scoobless
what's house of M all about?

armandovalles
about the fate of the Scarlet Witch and if they have to fight her they brought back some heavy-hitters from the original avengers and they also have the combined might of the New Avengers and the Astonishing X-Men.

Scoobless
hmmm... i take it it's just started?

Crimson Phoenix
yes, it came out yesterday. But i wont get it till next week.

juggernaut74
I just edited the title with a spoiler alert.

Scoobless
lol... i already read all the posts

i'll probably read the story anyway

juggernaut74
I just wonder where Magneto and Quicksilver took Wanda.

armandovalles
Genosha.

juggernaut74
She was already there.

When the Avengers and the X-Men showed up she was gone.

armandovalles
oh yea.

munkiesarus
Hmm..can anyone scan some pages? Other than the preview from Buzzscope.

thundercracker
saw it in a shop $50 to hell with that im depending on scans here ppl help me or at least gimme the jist of it or tell me to open my damm wallet its worth it .... (only if it is)

SnakeEyes
I'm bumping this thread, now that there is more than one issue out...

xmarksthespot
There's a thread in the X-Men forum with quite a lot of info and some pics (but be warned potential spoilers) about House of M.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=338437&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=13

manjaro
House of M is merely an answer to infinte crisis but im still looking forward to it. this month of wizard magazine shows how the wolrd is divyed up among rulers

mags got genosha
cap britain got britain duh! right?
black panther--duh
Storm--kenya
black bolt--duh
Doom--duh
genis vell got some nation in outer space
Namor finally got atlantis recoginzed as a soverign nation
i belive ther were at least a few others but i dont remember. it also seems like wolverine will forever be the wild card, cuz apparently he's the only guy in the wolrd who remembers how everything should be. last month wizard hinted that it was due to his healing factor or something so maybe it might develop into something like all chacrters with healing factors recovered with thier orignal memories in tact so who knows what turn it will take, im sure going to get into it

Lord S
What I'm wondering is where Magneto came from...I thought he was dead. My current X-knowledge is a little rusty, but I heard he died on Genosha at the hands of Sentinels, then reappeared as some guy named Xorn, who then revealed himself as Magneto, only to get beheaded by Wolverine.

So how is he alive?

long pig
I've wondered the same, maybe he's dead and Wanda brought him back, with extra power from mephisto.

-holds on to that idea- c'monnnnn let it happennnn

Wanderer259
Wolverine beheading Magneto is one of the lamest things I've heard if he wasn't worn down tremendously first.

Tron
Originally posted by manjaro
House of M is merely an answer to infinte crisis but im still looking forward to it. this month of wizard magazine shows how the wolrd is divyed up among rulers

mags got genosha
cap britain got britain duh! right?
black panther--duh
Storm--kenya
black bolt--duh
Doom--duh
genis vell got some nation in outer space
Namor finally got atlantis recoginzed as a soverign nation
i belive ther were at least a few others but i dont remember. it also seems like wolverine will forever be the wild card, cuz apparently he's the only guy in the wolrd who remembers how everything should be. last month wizard hinted that it was due to his healing factor or something so maybe it might develop into something like all chacrters with healing factors recovered with thier orignal memories in tact so who knows what turn it will take, im sure going to get into it

It doesn't have a thing to do with Wolverine's healing factor. In this world everyone gets what they desire, and all Wolverine ever wanted was to know his past. Twist here is, since the world gets all f'd up, all he gets to remember is everything that went on before House of M (I mean everything as it was when he didn't know his past).

long pig
I don't think he beheaded him, he snuck up behind him and stabbed him in the back.
But I think it was a duplicate or illusion made by Wanda maybe.

long pig
Arggggh! New spoilers for house of m!

Apparently Bendis wasn't lying when he said HoM wasn't an alternate timeline. In Pulse #10, it's revealed that it's more of an overlay over the actual reality. Hawkeye can see both the HoM world and the real world. The newspaper clipping that recounts Magneto's victory over the Sentinels, he sees as his obituary. So it's not a time travel thing, it's Wanda imposing her will over reality. Except that will apparently is paper thin.

radioboy121
Originally posted by manjaro
it also seems like wolverine will forever be the wild card, cuz apparently he's the only guy in the wolrd who remembers how everything should be. last month wizard hinted that it was due to his healing factor or something so maybe it might develop into something like all chacrters with healing factors recovered with thier orignal memories in tact so who knows what turn it will take, im sure going to get into it

I'm sure this wasn't considered when Wolverine was put into focus, but due to his experience with the universe's crunch (teamup with Mystique and Spiral against Mojo), he apparently has some unique "memory" protection against timeline changes, which was explained when an alternate timeline broke after an Adversary encounter (with Forge, Albert and Elsie Dee). However, this conflicts with other continuum changes such as AOA.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.