Just Watched Cinderella Man!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

drewbass22
I just got back from seeing "Cinderella Man" and it has to be one of the best movies I have seen, hands down!!

If you like anything close Rocky then you will absolutely love this movie. You never know whats going to happen and you can't help but be on the edge of your seat during every fight scene. These fight scenes make Rocky's look like a joke.

I'm not bashing Rocky either...I love those movies, but this is just soooo much better.

Let me know what you think!!

Morning_Glory
was it really that good... I wanted to see it today - I'll have to wait till Monday

one critique said it was like Seabiscuit ( I know Cinderella Man is about a boxer and no horses... but thats what they said)

Filmmaker451
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
was it really that good... I wanted to see it today - I'll have to wait till Monday

one critique said it was like Seabiscuit ( I know Cinderella Man is about a boxer and no horses... but thats what they said)

Well probably he meant it was as good as seabiscuit and if it was as good as seabiscuit then I'm there but I might get to see it this july but if I don't then I won't be able to see the film till october. Bummer sad

forumcrew
I just saw it, and liked it a lot. Paul Giamati should be a sho in for an oscar with crowe also a strong contender(but its rather early) But I really enjoyed the movie, that it was much better then the over-hyped million dollar baby,

Pepito
But does it contain any montages?

Joker1237
I did not like the way they protray Max Baer in the movie though, In the movie, It seem he went out of his way to killed thsos 2 guys and than brags about it, They went over board on the bad guy image and such.

In REAL life people loved him, Baer did not walk into the ring expection to kill a guy, but hey it happens, But he did pay for the guys kids to go to collage after the ring death. Baer never was the same after that night, He was relly depress over the ring death. He was now a guy that told jokes, and try to find things funny, or to give people a good laugh in the great depression.

Could you have goten up from that Knockdown from Joe Louis.

Baer,

I could have gotten up, but if people wanted to see the excution of Max Baer, they had to pay more than 25 $ a seat.

It was that humor that made him a beloved fighter of his era. Not the jerk shown in the movie,

It was ok, But the way they protray Baer relly ruin it for me.

The Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Pepito
But does it contain any montages? laughing

GothPrincess
I thought it sucked

Mr Parker
Originally posted by drewbass22
I just got back from seeing "Cinderella Man" and it has to be one of the best movies I have seen, hands down!!

If you like anything close Rocky then you will absolutely love this movie. You never know whats going to happen and you can't help but be on the edge of your seat during every fight scene. These fight scenes make Rocky's look like a joke.

I'm not bashing Rocky either...I love those movies, but this is just soooo much better.

Let me know what you think!!

I agree with everything you say Drew.I saw that movie last week and yeah these fight scenes make Rockys look like a joke.I would highly recommend this movie to anybody who liked the Rocky movies to go see.I mean its a true life Rocky story that really did happen.Thats what makes it such a great movie as well besides all the good points Drewbass mentioned.a very underrated movie.

nimbus006
I said it on the other thread of Best summer movies, i told you guys this was gonna be the best movie of the summer, im glad i was right and that people liked it.

botankus
I saw on the news this morning that AMC theaters were offering a refund to anyone who didn't like the movie and wanted their money back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.