Quote by Mark Twain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

periera
If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian.
-- Mark Twain, Notebook

Any opinions?

Gryn Jabar
Well considering what "Christian" was at the time, ie "White Man's Burden", and seeing Twain's policy on imperialism, this isn't surprising.

finti
Twain never were about race so his argument still stand

mr.smiley
I agree with him.

debbiejo
Yup, Christ would not be a Christian....The Christian Religious Fractions = Religious Pharisees of old...I think that is how he'd see it.

mr.smiley
Jesus was a rebel.= going against the norm.I don't know any christians who hang around prostotutes and durnks .(i'm drukl too you see)

Evil Dead
not one place in the bible does it refer to Jesus hanging out with prostitiutes.

The Catholic church long spread the myth that Mary Magdaline was a prostitute based on a passage that refers to an un-named prostitute in the New Testament.................Pope John Paul II appologized for this many years ago, admitting it had no foundation in the texts.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by periera
If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian.
-- Mark Twain, Notebook

Any opinions?

I actually agree.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I actually agree.

I as well, he would be a jewish. Born, raised and died one. Christianity was made in his name by people, not him. Therefore, it is doomed to be flawed. But its purpose is absolute, and perfect.

debbiejo
Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
I as well, he would be a jewish. Born, raised and died one. Christianity was made in his name by people, not him. Therefore, it is doomed to be flawed. But its purpose is absolute, and perfect.

Though in all actually the church was founded on Paul's teachings...

There were the some Jewish Christians, Pagans, Gnostic Christians (Jesus was probably one of them), and the Pauline Christians...The Roman Church chose the writings of the Pauline Christians to found the Church.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by debbiejo
Though in all actually the church was founded on Paul's teachings...

There were the some Jewish Christians, Pagans, Gnostic Christians (Jesus was probably one of them), and the Pauline Christians...The Roman Church chose the writings of the Pauline Christians to found the Church.

A metling pot you say...intersting shifty

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by Evil Dead
not one place in the bible does it refer to Jesus hanging out with prostitiutes.

The Catholic church long spread the myth that Mary Magdaline was a prostitute based on a passage that refers to an un-named prostitute in the New Testament.................Pope John Paul II appologized for this many years ago, admitting it had no foundation in the texts.

He clearly does not shun them, however, as would many Christians today.

PrinceofBlades

Actually that's not true. And I apologise for not stating earlier but I tried to find the passage reading and failed. But anyways, he mentions that "it will be the sinners and the prostitutes that will enter heaven before the pharasies. And that a docter does not come to cure the healthy but rather the sick. He even talked of parables with the prosititues/sinners as the main theme. In the story of the two brothers and the chore of the vineyard. One brother says yes to the father in showing up (whom I believe to be the hypocrits/pharasies of modern times, catholics included), but doesn't. But the son who said no, (sinners, etc.) show up and do his work. That's why some catholics showed get off there soap box, and go out and help people. Because we are to, Spread the Gospel of the Lord, and if neccesary, use words. OF course don't get me wrong, I'm a catholic who like to talk, but a catholic who likes to do more...

mr.smiley

I prefer to think of Mary Magdaline as the lower form of Mary,mother of Jesus.Pretty much the same way described in the jesus mysteries.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.