The Empire, are they really alienists?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

archive monitor
The Empire are known for their anti-alien feelings. Is this just the officers and soldiers as palpatine in ep 2 and 3 has Mas Amedda and that bald women as his trusted advisors. He also has an alien whos a grand admiral.(Thrawn). Vader is no better, he trains Hethrir and Rillao, and he tricks the Noghri into being the empires assasins.
It seems to me that its just the officers and soldiers in this case who demonstrate alienism, as palpatine (oh yeah just remembered darth maul) seems to bear no more hatred towards aliens than humans. As does Vader.
Am I agreed with or opposed?

Fishy
Its probably more a political statement then real hate... If the galaxy had more Rodians then humans they would probably have been the most favoured race... Control the mayority and the minority will just have to follow, I think Palpatine was thinking like that. He didn't hate the aliens, he just saw the advantages of making humans feel superior

archive monitor
when you put it like that it makes sense. thanks

DCLXVI
Originally, "the New Order" was supposed to mean racial or "special", (not special, but an amalgamation of species+racial), superiority.

SnakeEyes
Dooku is one racist bastard! I mean, I am currently reading the Episode Three novelization, and he hates other species. He even looks upon Anakin's fake arm as something horrid because it mixes the lowly droids with the almighty humans! What an ego...

Fishy
Dooku is an elitist yes, thats what makes him so great. Class standards, Palpatine doesn't seem to have those.

Besides he has a reason to hate those arms...

It weakens your body because it isn't yours. You will never be you anymore and not win yourself your mechanical arm will. If you have one of those you have lost a battle, your hand has been cut off a sign that you have been defeated. If you still have your arms you have never been defeated.

A robotic arm shows weakness

Wickerman
Originally posted by Fishy
Dooku is an elitist yes, thats what makes him so great. Class standards, Palpatine doesn't seem to have those.

It weakens your body because it isn't yours. You will never be you anymore and not win yourself your mechanical arm will. If you have one of those you have lost a battle, your hand has been cut off a sign that you have been defeated. If you still have your arms you have never been defeated.

which pretty much explains the "wonderful" look on his face when Anakin cuts his hands off laughing

~wickerman~

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Fishy

That robotic arm didn't stop Anakin from destroying a library full of Dark Jedi and becoming the next dark lord. Plus he got revenge on dooku... Took both of 'em off, plus a little extra. big grin

DarthMandalore
Originally posted by LordSorgo
That robotic arm didn't stop Anakin from destroying a library full of Dark Jedi and becoming the next dark lord. Plus he got revenge on dooku... Took both of 'em off, plus a little extra. big grin I'd say more than "a little extra"

Fishy
Originally posted by LordSorgo
That robotic arm didn't stop Anakin from destroying a library full of Dark Jedi and becoming the next dark lord. Plus he got revenge on dooku... Took both of 'em off, plus a little extra. big grin

No, it didn't stop him we all know that... But Dooku didn't like it, in Labyrinth of Evil he hates every imperfection he finds... hates it, Robotic arms are imperfections... They show weakness they show you have failed.. I loved it when he got his arms cut off in ROTS.. Seemed like the perfect revenge

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by Master of B.S
The Empire are known for their anti-alien feelings. Is this just the officers and soldiers as palpatine in ep 2 and 3 has Mas Amedda and that bald women as his trusted advisors. He also has an alien whos a grand admiral.(Thrawn). Vader is no better, he trains Hethrir and Rillao, and he tricks the Noghri into being the empires assasins.
It seems to me that its just the officers and soldiers in this case who demonstrate alienism, as palpatine (oh yeah just remembered darth maul) seems to bear no more hatred towards aliens than humans. As does Vader.
Am I agreed with or opposed?

you're focusing on pre-Empire time. if the anti-alien sentiment was with palpatine from the start then look at it from this point of view... everything and every one is dispensible to palpatine. he only endures maul as it was a means to an end, the same goes for thrawn and the noghri.

Darth Inanis
I remember a statement from George Lucas saying that he didn't really want the Empire to be alienists, even if the Empire was based on the NAZIs. He says he leaves that part of the story to the EU.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.