Kyp Durron (one of Luke's Apprentice) vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Mader
Kyp was a apprentice of Luke SkyWalker in the jedi academy and he was the finest he ever taught. But he had evil living in side of him that controlled him. He had to sides, he was very strong on the dark side. But soon he was turned back to light and bacame one of the new jedi council

Darth Vader beleived to be the most powerful sith ever in the force. He could choke people far far away and powerful at lightsaber skills. But he chose the light side as soon he saw Luke about to die, his son by sidious. But died trying to save him cause of lighting.

(REVAN IS NOT STRONGER THAN VADER)

HimoKun
Crazy person. Revan kicks Vaders ass all the time. And Kyp win. Vader's too old.

Darth Plagues
No Vader could kick Revan's tail, and Kyp's.

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by HimoKun
Crazy person. Revan kicks Vaders ass all the time. And Kyp win. Vader's too old.

I'm not sure...

Vader had SO MUCH raw power. He could sit there, in my opinion, defenseless, without his suit (no limbs) and levitate his lightsaber and make it fight an opponent as fast as Mace and WIN without even moving. Why do you need speed when you can control your blade with the Force? Or he could levitate multiple lightsabers and have them all fight one opponent, I believe, and he would never have to break a sweat. Honestly, I have never seen a way around this technique. Revan would simply be bombarded with power. HOWEVER, Revan is also one of the most powerful Sith ever. He also has Force-moves that cannot really be defended. So, I don't think one is better than the other by that much, even though some people would definitely disagree. This is just my opinion. For the people who thinks Vader is lame, remember, for example, his face is never shown. He could be feeling anger, hatred, or he could even be getting off on killing every time he chokes a guy. This makes him so much more insane. Under that mask, he could be more intimidating than Darth Maul. Also, in fights, Vader does not use his Force power nearly as much as he should, in my belief. He, in my opinion, is above the need for speed and agility because he can use the Force to do the fighting for him (this is what I believe, but with his midichlorians, I think he can let them do the work for him). Vader KICKS ASS, OLDSCHOOL STYLE, in my opinion.

So, to close, I think that Kyp, if he's fighting ROTS Vader, will get pwned. If he is facing ROTJ Vader, he still might not pull it off if Vader can levitate his lightsaber (why shouldn't he? I know it's a good trick supposedly only for powerful Jedi Masters, but what's the difference? What's going to stop him? He just has so much raw power).

If people completely disagree with me, because I know this might sound inflammatory to some, please, I don't mean to offend anyone or to sound ignorant. These are just what I think are logic-based opinions.

Bobafetty
Darth Vader owns this battle easily. He would never loose to some low class jedi apprentice.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Originally posted by Darth Plagues
No Vader could kick Revan's tail, and Kyp's.

Correctamundo.

Kun-ni Habeo
no.vader culd kill kyp but never Revan

Bobafetty
Actually there is a possibility. Vader is VERY in tuned with the force and as Dipsit said in one thread he could just use the force for all his battles and sit down on a chair enjoying it. He doesent even have to hold the saber. After all, Vader's father is the force.

Kun-ni Habeo
ah i forgot hes the chosen one,,ure right he pwns revan,marka and naga by himself

Lord_Windu
Vader is the chosen one......so what? Is he granted immortality? NO.

Kun-ni Habeo
^^^
the man has it

Bobafetty
I never said that. I mean that Vader is very in tuned with the force and could beat Revan if he put his mind to it. Geeze Kun-Ni I never said he was that powerful so don't depate me on things I never said.

Bobafetty
Originally posted by Lord_Windu
Vader is the chosen one......so what? Is he granted immortality? NO.
And when the hell did I say he's Immortal?

Lord_Windu
I'm just saying using "he's the chosen one" as a reason for Vader winning isn't that good of a reason. He was significantly weaker than he used to be and basically the suit put a limit on his powers. Vader has lost the power of becoming an extremely powerful Jedi or sith.

Bobafetty
But I never said that about him being the chosen one to win this.

Lord_Windu
I thought you did. If I misinterpreted your words, then I apologize.

Kun-ni Habeo
You saidi he was a tuned to the Force very much,,, well then Revan is far more a tuned than vader with the Force

TheTrueSithLord
Lucas has said himself that Anakin/Vader has immense potential up until the point obi-wan cuts him in half then he loses much of his power and ability! Hes still strong with the force but not as strong as Sidious/Palpatine hence the reason he never tries to take the empire for himself.

That said kyp's toast! Revan however is a whole other beast who is at the height of his abilites and mastery of the force! Revan every time!

Wickerman
Originally posted by TheTrueSithLord
Lucas has said himself that Anakin/Vader has immense potential up until the point obi-wan cuts him in half then he loses much of his power and ability! Hes still strong with the force but not as strong as Sidious/Palpatine hence the reason he never tries to take the empire for himself.

That said kyp's toast! Revan however is a whole other beast who is at the height of his abilites and mastery of the force! Revan every time!

wow...i didn't know obi cuts him in half....i thought he did that to DARTH MAUL. Man, i was under the impression he just cuts vader's left hand and feet off.....hmm.....i guess i should rewatch the movies,.....

~wickerman~

Bobafetty
your right. It's Maul who gets cut in half not Anikan.

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by Bobafetty
Actually there is a possibility. Vader is VERY in tuned with the force and as Dipsit said in one thread he could just use the force for all his battles and sit down on a chair enjoying it. He doesent even have to hold the saber. After all, Vader's father is the force.

OH MY GOODNESS. How can you forgive me, Boba? Boba's been getting bashed for backing me up (which is an extremely honorable thing to do, seeing as I know that Revan is his homeboy). I will attempt to right the wrong that I unwittingly brought on him (sorry I didn't come to back you earlier). The original idea, which Boba understood completely and receptively, was that Skywalker, not because he is the Chosen One, but because he has so friggin' much power that he could sit down and control the lightsaber with the Force. Who needs speed when you can make the lightsaber move through thin air with REFLEXES FASTER THAN ANY MUSCLE: your MIND. Being the Chosen One has absolutely nothing to do with it. Revan, however, is also EXTREMELY POWERFUL. He probably has potential comparable to Anakin (more than Yoda, for Christ's sake). So, I think that they are both guys who should not be jerked around. However, I also do not think that Anakin with his full potential (although, admittedly, he never reached his FULL potential, I still think he got close enough) would be easily beaten by Revan or vice-versa. I think that it would be a closer fight than some people think.

This, I believe, was the thought Boba was trying to convey. Vader doesn't need speed or agility when he has the Force and transcends hand-to-hand fighting - it's almost like he uses his arms to swing his lightsaber as a handicap for his opponents, but I know that that statement has no foundation.

Anyways, thanks, Boba. And to Windu and Habeo, I just thought I'd clear up that whole issue because I think Boba said something very wise and helpful.

Peace, friends.

Kun-ni Habeo
why do u thank me ?i was on Revans side

TraptUnderIce
vader lost a lot of power when he was put into the suit and kyp has become a master in NJO so it's going to be a close one and considering luke beat vader as a knight then i got to go with kyp.

Darth L. Dipsit
Actually, though I disagree with your side, I'm going to unwisely give a point that will support it. Luke wasn't even a Jedi until he beat Vader (according to Yoda right before his death).

Anyways, why did he weaken after his accident? I mean, assuming that loss of body parts does not reduce one's midichlorians, I would think he'd become more powerful, seeing as the fight with Obi and Padme's death would intensify his anger like a magnifying lens held in the light - it would give him focus in his pure hatred (did you see what he did when he found that Padme had died? And I don't think he was even trying to destroy anything - the whole thing happened just because he was distraught and angry). Besides, he is the main enemy in the OT, and I take offense to the idea that OT was all a big joke in the scheme of things (as in that the antagonist from OT was a weakling).

As to Luke beating him, he was totally in control of the fight before Luke came out at him (Luke was hiding - Vader had that fight), when Vader found out about Leia and brought out Luke's anger. I think it was such a huge contrast from Luke's pervious display of power that Vader was caught utterly off-guard (like when Anakin beat Dooku - Dooku was more powerful than he was depicted, but he was unprepared for the change in pace of Anakin at the end). Besides, Luke is amazing.

Lastly, if GL said that Vader became weak after his accident, then that is contradicting the whole OT. I still stand by the original and still the best (except for maybe Revan, Sadow, and Ragnos - maaaybe someone like Tulak Hord as well). Sorry - I'm an oldschool kind of guy.

TraptUnderIce
I'd assume that a lack of body parts would make someone have less midi chlorians. That's the way I always heard it. He didn't have the extremely high midi chlorian but he was still strong in the ways of the sith.

Another thing about Kyp is he has the agility and I think he could cross the line when he fights to take out vader. He has some pretty harsh feelings towards the Empire in general.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
all things aside, i am so damn sick of revan.

he sucks.

Bobafetty
You really think that? I believe he's the most powerful sith ever.

TraptUnderIce
I'm tired of hearing about him too. How did he die so I can rub that in all his fanboys' faces.

Bobafetty
he didn't.

TraptUnderIce
he didn't die? if so i quit.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
He is most certainly not the most powerful Sith ever.......the most homosexual....sure.

TraptUnderIce
but did he die?

Darth L. Dipsit
It is, I think, unknown - he is, at first, betrayed, and loses his memory, and then he comes back to power. The Star Forge is eventually destroyed, though, and Malak and Revan both fail. His ultimate end, I believe, is, however, never exactly specified.

Bobafetty
Revan is a very strong enemy though and an even match for Luke any day.

Darth L. Dipsit
Revan is one tough bastard, no doubt about that, but I think there are fights that he would lose one-on-one.

Bobafetty
Probably, everyone has a character the're weak to.

SnakeEyes
Vader and the Fett's are vastly underrated on this site... Sometimes, it sickens me! sad

Darth L. Dipsit
I have posted many times on how I think Vader is one of the top four or five Sith of all time. See my post at the top of this page.

darth tyrant
revan is strongest

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Anyways, why did he weaken after his accident? I mean, assuming that loss of body parts does not reduce one's midichlorians, I would think he'd become more powerful, seeing as the fight with Obi and Padme's death would intensify his anger like a magnifying lens held in the light - it would give him focus in his pure hatred (did you see what he did when he found that Padme had died? And I don't think he was even trying to destroy anything - the whole thing happened just because he was distraught and angry). Besides, he is the main enemy in the OT, and I take offense to the idea that OT was all a big joke in the scheme of things (as in that the antagonist from OT was a weakling).

The loss of body parts does actually affect the amount of once midichlorians. Those things are in every cell of your body. So losing a great part of your body (both legs, an arm in Anakins case) will have a huge effect on your midichlorian count and thereby on your force potential.

If you now take the things said in the movies and the statments of GL himself it works like that:
In the movies Anakin has more power than Yoda or Sidious. Sidious himself said that Anakin will be better than Yoda and he said (during the battle with Yoda) that Anakin might be as powerful as both of them together.

So assume Anakin might have been 200 % Sidious.
According to GL Vader in Suit has only 80 % of Sidious power.
So Anakin had lost 60 % of his entire force potential from RotS and I think this is almost equal to the parts of his body he lost (almost an entire arm + almost 2 complete legs). So OT Vader is not THAT powerful. But he stil is 80 % of Sidious.

According to the information about midichlorians given, childen receive between 50 and 80 % of their parents midichlorians (or force potential). That would give Luke 50 to 80 % of Anakins original potential (100 - 160 % Sidious). So actually Luke has a greater force potential than OT Vader. Since the Dark Side is said to develop potential faster than the light side I would say Vader loses to Luke in RotJ because Luke gives into his anger and overwhelms Vader with force power.

He became weaker but not THAT weak. He is still 80 % of Sidious in force power and when it comes to lightsaber combat he might outclass many people. OT Vader is only in his early - mid 40s. But he is also nothing compared to people like Ragnos, Sadow or Exar Kun.

Darth_Otaku
well it's pretty off-topic now.but is say vader wins...

Nai Fohl
Oh...well...

Coming back to the topic I'd say Vader will win that fight because he has much more experience in force use and lightsaber combat than Kyp.

Bobafetty
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Vader and the Fett's are vastly underrated on this site... Sometimes, it sickens me! sad
Yes I completely agree. The Fetts need to be more reconized of their abilities and same with Vader.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

truest statement ive read in this site.

Bobafetty
I know they need to be reconized!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.