Coheed and Cambria

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScarFace Clone
These guys are crazy when i first herd there music it was ok a little weird but when i saw the lead singer holy crap. it dosent look like his voice goes with his body.

Df02
think i made a thread about these before

EDIT: wow i didnt... probably assumed DB would close it through spite haha

ScarFace Clone
lol...

StinkFist462
C&C are ok i wouldnt mind buying their cd.

mr.smiley
I tell you what,some of the stuff is crazy on their.

Die white girls,die white girls

I'll do anything,slit the throats of babies just to hear your proud of me.

Yeah their crazy.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by ScarFace Clone
it dosent look like his voice goes with his body.

It doesn't look like his voice goes with a male.

StinkFist462
C&C are one of my favorite bands. i bought In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 about a month ago. listened to it then put it away. then picked it up and then grew to love it. then i bought The Second Stage Turbine Blade and loved it. cant wait til Good Apollo, Im Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness comes out. whoa thats a long title

GAIBS4V1:FFTTEOM

Df02
the reason they have messed up lyrics and long song names is because they're comic book geeks and all their albums, along with their comics and the film that will come out soon all make up a huge comic book story about Coheed and Cambria.

you can google the whole story - Apollo is Coheed's dog i think... Newo is a little fairy creature that either coheed or cambria love.. among other characters.

Basically though, i think it's Coheed that is tricked into becoming the Monstarr, and something about destroying the universe

StinkFist462
Apollo is Cambria's dog.

The Camper Velorium is a ship controlled by Al (Al the Killer) the racist pirate (hence "die white girls, die white girls"wink.

Newo is Cambria's code name. Amebillina is the fairy-like creature who watches over Claudio/The Crowing (messiah-like figure and only living child of Coheed and Cambria).

The Monstar is activated by serum injected in Coheed by the dragonly that gives him the power to destroy the Keywork or save it, but the Monstars' natural instict is evil.

The Keywork is a group of 28 planetary systems shaped as a triangle with 7 circles.

WAF3001
how do you knoww all of this?
where can I find the comic?

StinkFist462
comic im sure you could find at a comic store. as for all the info i posted. just run a google search on the c&c stroy.

WAF3001
i've never seen it

StinkFist462
oh. well that was just a guess. im almost certain they have the second one for sale on the official website.

Df02
Originally posted by StinkFist462
Apollo is Cambria's dog.

The Camper Velorium is a ship controlled by Al (Al the Killer) the racist pirate (hence "die white girls, die white girls"wink.

Newo is Cambria's code name. Amebillina is the fairy-like creature who watches over Claudio/The Crowing (messiah-like figure and only living child of Coheed and Cambria).

The Monstar is activated by serum injected in Coheed by the dragonly that gives him the power to destroy the Keywork or save it, but the Monstars' natural instict is evil.

The Keywork is a group of 28 planetary systems shaped as a triangle with 7 circles.

i was going off the top of my head, got the general jist of it right though lol

WAF3001
amazon.com doesn't have their comic either

StinkFist462
the first one i believe is out of print. the second just came out recently.

http://merchnow.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=CAC:CACST-COMIC2&Category_Code=AC&Product_Count=7

thats Vol.2. i doubt you'll be able to find Vol.1 anywhere.

RedAlertv2
Cool band

StinkFist462
very.

RedAlertv2
Can anyone reccomend some good Coheed songs?

WAF3001
A Favor House Atlantic
Soon I'm going to get one of their cds so I'll recomend more then.

RedAlertv2
Ive heard that song a bunch, not as good as some of their others. Keeping the Secrets of silent Earth 3 is my fav so far.

WAF3001
havnt heard that yet, but really want to...

StinkFist462
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Ive heard that song a bunch, not as good as some of their others. Keeping the Secrets of silent Earth 3 is my fav so far.

start off with Second Stage Turbine Blade. that would be the best way if you want to follow the story. if you just want the best cd ( IMO ) get In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3. Good Apollo, Im Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness is sounding pretty damn good so far. based on The Suffering and Welcome Home

WAF3001
i'm planning on getting both the 2nd stage turbine AND in keeping of silent earth 3. Does anyone know how I can get the first one though?

StinkFist462
order it off their official website. its like 10$ on there. anywhere else its like 15.99. Keeping Secrets.. is like 10$ anywhere.

WAF3001
THE F**KING FIRST CD ISN"T ON THERE!!!! STOP LIEING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

StinkFist462
http://merchnow.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=CAC:CAC%2067-2&Category_Code=MU&Product_Count=1

maybe if you LOOKED. ya kno, that tends to help.

WAF3001
THAT IS NOT THEIR FIRST CD YOU FU*KING BULLS*ITTING SON OF A BI*CH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. LOOK UP THE LYRICS TO COHEED AND CAMBRIA (I SUGGEST PLYRICS.COM) AND YOU'LL FIND THE CD I'M LOOKING FOR DUMBA*S!!!!!!!!!

StinkFist462
thats an ep. theres a MAJOR difference between an ep and a full length LP.

the first cd you are referring to is an EP titled Penelope while Coheed and Cambria were performing as Shabutie. same members. just name change. and easy on the caps look and flaming.

WAF3001
did I say fist cd or first lp? really though? and I would like their first one because if you haven't noticed it is the first in the story. Look at the numbering in the cds. Don't treet it completely differently and act like I'm f*****g stupid for not knowing what an ep is. Is an ep not a compact disc or what? Come on man. You have to recognize that that is their first CD! Okay? Damn

StinkFist462
no. its not first in the Co&Ca story. the order is mixed up intentionally the Penelope EP i believe has very little, if at all, to do with the story. the actual story is

The Bag Online Adventures of Coheed and Cambria*+
The Second Stage Turbine Blade
In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness+

* Tentatively Titled
+ Not Yet Released

WAF3001
why wouldn't they release the first one first? and i'm sorry but I just figured that their firrst cd would go with the story. It really confusing since they've been numbering the cds with 2s 3s and 4s. Oh well, no harm done really. Again, I apoligize. Have you heard the ep? Is it any good?

StinkFist462
yes i have heard the EP. its mediocore.

WAF3001
okay, well thanx for all the info on C&C. When I get the two lps, I'll tell you how I feel about them and their story.

StinkFist462
you probabaly won't undestand the story from the music alone. i suggest reading online about C&C or checking out the comics. a lot of the same lyrics/melodies are used throughout Second Stage and In Keeping Secrets.

WAF3001
for concept albums, I usually read the lyrics without listening to the music to understand the whole story. That's what I've done with American Idiot, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, and several others.

StinkFist462
i tend to not read lyrics and figure things out for myself. whatever floats your boat.

WAF3001
I really enjoy concept albums and often can't understand what the singer is saying, but actually listening to the songs is a lot better, so you can hear the guitar solos and understand the tone of the song better.

StinkFist462
yea. C&C are more a concept band.

StinkFist462
i am listening to the Penelope EP right now and its actually very good.

Captain REX
Originally posted by WAF3001
THAT IS NOT THEIR FIRST CD YOU FU*KING BULLS*ITTING SON OF A BI*CH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. LOOK UP THE LYRICS TO COHEED AND CAMBRIA (I SUGGEST PLYRICS.COM) AND YOU'LL FIND THE CD I'M LOOKING FOR DUMBA*S!!!!!!!!!

Tone it down, WAF.

Df02
Originally posted by StinkFist462
no. its not first in the Co&Ca story. the order is mixed up intentionally the Penelope EP i believe has very little, if at all, to do with the story. the actual story is

The Bag Online Adventures of Coheed and Cambria*+
The Second Stage Turbine Blade
In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness+

* Tentatively Titled
+ Not Yet Released

why are you still trying to help this cock?

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Df02
the reason they have messed up lyrics and long song names is because they're comic book geeks and all their albums, along with their comics and the film that will come out soon all make up a huge comic book story about Coheed and Cambria.

you can google the whole story - Apollo is Coheed's dog i think... Newo is a little fairy creature that either coheed or cambria love.. among other characters.

Basically though, i think it's Coheed that is tricked into becoming the Monstarr, and something about destroying the universe

Aren't they Emo

StinkFist462
why are you still trying to help this cock?

to prove a point.

Df02
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Aren't they Emo

not really, no... depends if you wanna be accurate or just be easy.

accurate - no
easy - yes

StinkFist462
i dont consider them to be emo, but then again a lot of people classify them as emo.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Aren't they Emo

not really.

WAF3001
thanks for helping me out StinkFist. Sorry for the flames. By Tuesday I should have both cds....so yeah.

StinkFist462
tell me what you think of them.

WAF3001
well, yesterday I got their live cd. I usually don't get a live cd first, but that's how I started with my fav. band so maybe it'll work for these guys too. I really liked watching the live show. The back up singers are really cool especially on Three Evils. Do you have Live at the Starland Ballroom? Cuz' if you don't, I'd recommend it.

StinkFist462
i have the Starland CD and im not that big a fan of it. its soo much faster paced than the studio versions of the songs and claudio misses like 4-5 lines per song. other than that its all good.

WAF3001
well, knowing that I can't wait to get the other two cds....

Is the story hard to follow, cause you really can't tell in the live stuff. It took me a while to figure out stories from other concept albums like the Jokers Cards by ICP, or 3 Cheers 4 Sweet Revenge by MCR. This story seems a lot mor complex though....

StinkFist462
yea actually its very hard to notice the story unless you listened to the CD 4-5 times. then you realize there is a story. then you gotta understand the story.

WAF3001
cant wait

WAF3001
so, i uh got the cds. they're pretty cool. i didn't hear a story yet, but you know I've only listened to them twice so.....

WAF3001
i still don't understand the storyy....

StinkFist462
ha. told you it's hard to follow.

RedAlertv2
I just watched the video to Welcome Home. Cool song, decent vid. The lead singer was playing a double-necked guitar, which was awesome to say the least

Df02
try seeing em live, playing the solo for welcome home behind his big furry head

StinkFist462
i heard the Live version of Welcome Home. pretty awesome

picked up Good Apollo... today, i already had it on my comp cause im illegal like that. but its a very good album.

RedAlertv2
try seeing em live, playing the solo for welcome home behind his big furry head

I would really like to see them live.

Also, I wanna buy some of their albums. As of now, Ive only been listening to about a dozen songs ive downloaded, but im gonna buy all 3 of their most recent albums eventually.

StinkFist462
i like In Keeping Secrets the best. then comes Good Apollo... Second Stage is meh to me.

RedAlertv2
I still wanna get all three so I can follow the story better, even if one of em is not as good

StinkFist462
the comics tell the story a lot better than the CDs , IMO

matchless
Coheed and Cambria, are the best
In Keeping... is just amazing. I heard Good Apollo on a leak, but I prefer In Keeping....
I wish I could get the comic, but it don't seem to be sold here

RedAlertv2
I bought Good Appolo today and it seems cool so far. Couldnt find Secrets.

me+rob=crowing
i got second stage right when it came out and i fell in love.
coheeds real first cd was an ep called "Penelope"
that was when the band was called shabutie.
those names should be helpful if you want to dl ALL of coheeds stuff. penelope pretty much serves as the start of the story for now, until the bag online comes out.

the story is basically impossible to tell from the music, claudio does not use grammer or syntax at all. just buy the comics if you want to know about the story. or google it.

i love kinderwhore, its sooooo freakin cool.
ps favor house is coca's WORST song.

RedAlertv2
What is everyones beef with favor house atlantic? I mean I know its kind of a poppy song, buts its still cool and fun to listen to it. I just dont like that they made it their single, because it doesnt really represent what their normal music is like. Buut other tahn that I still like the song

StinkFist462
i dont mind the song, doesnt bother me.

mshadowsisagod
yeah the singer doesnt match the voice but he looks sic..they r awesome and they play so good live..and yeah each album is a new comic and each song is a new chapter..they r so good!!

RedAlertv2
Good Appolo was a great album

Smallville
Good Apollo Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness is an amazing album.

RedAlertv2
I have keeping secrets on my xmas list.

VoodooChile89
I haven't heard much by Coheed... but from what I have heard... they're pretty good... I REALLY like 'Welcome Home' because they do it with an orchestra... and I also love how their lyrics are so... straight forward and sophisticated... these guys are definately smart... did they only add the second guitar player recently? becuase I read somewhere that they only used to be a trio.

Smallville
They kind of remind me of a nu metal/punk tribute to Rush

Silverstein
I like The Crowing...that and Faint of Hearts(love the intro). I didnt know alot of people actually like coheed

Fianna
I'm just getting into this band...I love the way they have the graphic novels to go with the albums....happy

Smallville
Ten Speed is one of my favorite songs on the new album. Very good song.

Silverstein
The Suffering and Welcome Home are amazing

i editd this wallpaper for blue (instead of red) for anyone

StinkFist462
the blue does look a lot better than the red

Aj333
C&C are good
the video for a favour house atlantic is funny although the song isn't that good

Silverstein
i like Keeping The Blade it has the two previous intros in it

by the way, describe the favour house atlantic video

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.