Onslaught vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Batman
I searched this thread and it didnt come up. Im sorry if this thread has already been done. Anyways who do you think wins?

ZephroCarnelian
Onslaught.

He would psychically shut Supes down.

I know I've argued that Supes could take Martian Manhunter, but in that fight he'd only have to resist the telepathy for a few seconds in order to pulp Jonn.

But in this fight, Supes would need more than a few seconds to rip Onslaught apart. And in the time he wastes trying to do that, Onslaught has gutted his mind.

jinzin
onslaught....

Darth Batman
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Onslaught.

He would psychically shut Supes down.

I know I've argued that Supes could take Martian Manhunter, but in that fight he'd only have to resist the telepathy for a few seconds in order to pulp Jonn.

But in this fight, Supes would need more than a few seconds to rip Onslaught apart. And in the time he wastes trying to do that, Onslaught has gutted his mind.

Alright since this fight seems one sided how about Superman Prime vs Onslught.

ZephroCarnelian
Hang on.

When did you add the pre-crisis bit???

Darth Batman
Hang on.

When did you add the pre-crisis bit???
i mean im taking normal superman out the fight and putting superman prime in to make it a tougher fight.

ZephroCarnelian
Prime?

Prime's not the same as PreCrisis.

So which are you having Prime, or Pre-Crisis?

Not that it matters....

Darth Batman
Prime?

Prime's not the same as PreCrisis.

So which are you having Prime, or Pre-Crisis?

Not that it matters....

i meant pre-crisis superman

ZephroCarnelian
Pre-Crisis Superman would rip Onslaught into tiny little pieces, eat them, then crap them out, glue them all back together into Onsalught again.

Then smash him to bits again.

However - this time he won't eat him, as that would be very unhygenic.

mr.smiley
I still go with onslaught.

Mider
What the hell was so powerful about Pre-crisis Superman i mean is He stronger then Superman Prime or Superman One Million and were does these Supermen appear?

ZephroCarnelian
No. Not a chance with Pre-Crisis Supes.

He could come speeding in at ten thousand times the speed of light with an invulnerable fist and blow Onslaught to smithereens.

Or he could turn intangible, reach in and pluck out Onslaughts insides.

People need to read more PC Comics lol. smile

ZephroCarnelian
Pre-Crsis Superman was late seventies early eighties. Read some comics from that era - you'll see what the fuss is about. smile

mr.smiley
Didn't he have trouble with a monkey?

ZephroCarnelian
He was very inconsistantly written yeah. big grin

But when someone can travel through time, dance the salsa in the heart of a star, laugh off nukes and outrun the Flash, you realise that Gorrila Grod is pretty much PIS by anyone's standards, lol!

Sentry
Onslaught's pure psionic energy. What the hell is he going to eat? The metal?

ZephroCarnelian
Energy Flakes! smile

All the goodness a Superhero needs.

mr.smiley
He was very inconsistantly written yeah. big grin

But when someone can travel through time, dance the salsa in the heart of a star, laugh off nukes and outrun the Flash, you realise that Gorrila Grod is pretty much PIS by anyone's standards, lol!

stick out tongue

Swanky-Tuna
Pre-Crisis Superman would rip Onslaught into tiny little pieces, eat them, then crap them out, glue them all back together into Onsalught again.

Then smash him to bits again.

However - this time he won't eat him, as that would be very unhygenic.
Or Superman would get knocked out by the normal person Onslaught controls to fight Superman. 'Cause from what I heard, pre-crisis was a roll of the dice for power.

mr.smiley
I'll have to see Onslaught fight a monkey first and see how he stacks up to it.

ZephroCarnelian
lol!

And yeah - it's more than likely that Onslaught would knock the crap out of Supes before Supes stops and thinks 'hang on - I'm Superman' and hits Onslaught over the head with a planet.

Do us a pic of that Swank! You should have your own forum...

willRules
I think superman would win if he teamed up with this monkey

Sentry
Look how scared sh!tless Pre-Crisis Superman is going against He-Man. Supes will get slaughtered by Onslaught. Prime stands a better chance. I have no comment on that battle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/hmportada21wh.jpg

ZephroCarnelian
Yes.

Superman is so far beyond the monkey, I'm suprised the writers didn't actually reveal that Supes had WON the monkey at a fairground coconut shy, and was actuallym PRETENDING that Grodd was a badguy for kicks.

ZephroCarnelian
Err... He-Man has INFINITE strength.

Onslaught does not.

Your post didn't prove much I'm afraid Sentry.

Nice try though.

willRules
I still think Superman needs the monkey to do this

leonidas
<<Look how scared sh!tless Pre-Crisis Superman is going against He-Man. Supes will get slaughtered by Onslaught. Prime stands a better chance. I have no comment on that battle.>>

what is THAT supposed to show?? it's a cover for god's sakes - it's SUPPOSED to make it look like supe's is in trouble. by the way, i have that issue - check it out if you get the chance. he-man and his 'infinite strength' are actually left LAYING by supe's in that battle!! but thanks for bringing it up . . .

willRules
Im still rooting for this monkey

leonidas
precrisis supes would win this fight. his power did fluctuate, but usually against tougher foes he was just written even tougher! pcs was able to push planets around and throw moons! what hulk did to his armor in 2 pages supes would do with one shot. then something ridiculous like superbreath would scatter what was left of onslaught. you gotta understand the writing was different back then. lots of illogical happenings. but pcs was one bad mutha', and if you didn't come with the kryptonite you were gonna lose eventually . . .

kgkg
How can Supes avoid mental attacks?

mr.smiley
Like I said.if onslaught can take the monkey,he can win.
I say A tie,but the monkey beats both.

i;m drunk and it took me 123 initues to write that.
hope you apprriacate.

willRules
I agree with mr smiley the monkey is vital for a victory against onslaught

Xplosive
Onslaught

ImmortalOne
He-Man is over-rated

willRules
and this random monkey Ive never heard of from a superman issue is underrated. If the heroes had this monkey when they fought onslaught it would have been a breeze

wannabe
SM has to battle a being of pure psionic energy, that is more than the summ of its parts. And while SM may be nearly invincible in physical combat, he has to face Onslaught in a totally different arena, where he is without equal (ignoring cosmic beings and real gods).
I go with Onslaught!

leonidas
yah, logically you'd think so. but that's what made pre-c supes so tough - he often defied logic. sometimes all it took was "I'M SUPERMAN!!" at the end of crisis, AM was reduced to a being of pure energy. what did supes do? he PUNCHED it into oblivion!! ahh, for the old days . . .

wannabe
Ignoring reason on a level of a six year old boy, which "winning a battle just because a character is THAT character" is, makes you say ahh...is making a comic more attractive to you???
huh

willRules
I'm still going with this monkey. Think about it. This is the thing Onslaught is least likely to suspect and therefore Superman's and the monkey's chances r improved.

Mainstream
Originally posted by kgkg
How can Supes avoid mental attacks?

I'm going with he can'tOriginally posted by ImmortalOne
He-Man is over-rated
true and gay

Originally posted by Xplosive
Onslaught
indeed my fellow horseman

Originally posted by willRules
I still think Superman needs the monkey to do this
he could have super dog, super cat, super gold fish, super girl and super mario and still be screwed

ZephroCarnelian
Hmm.... how could he avoid mental attacks?

By moving at ten thousand times the speed of light and getting a million punches in first, that's how.

Superman once decided to catch up with a beam of light that had left earth a thousand years previously. And he did - with no effort and in no time at all.

Underestimate him, you do, young padawan.

The force is strong in him.

Mainstream
Hmm.... how could he avoid mental attacks?

By moving at ten thousand times the speed of light and getting a million punches in first, that's how.

Superman once decided to catch up with a beam of light that had left earth a thousand years previously. And he did - with no effort and in no time at all.

Underestimate him, you do, young padawan.

The force is strong in him.

Onslaught isn't exactly a wimp you know.

ZephroCarnelian
No, he's not.

But he isn't exactly pre-crisis Superman either! wink

lol

Seriously, against someone who can turn invisible, intangible, is prettymuch infinitely strong, near as dammit infinitely fast and super-invulnerable, he really doesn't stand a chance.

Everything that Onslaught faced in his defeat he is facing twice over in Superman.

Mainstream
sir, I commend your reply grasshopper. character50

ZephroCarnelian
lol.

You changed your sig again dude?

It's hard to keep up! confused

Mainstream
lol.

You changed your sig again dude?

It's hard to keep up! confused

yeah just call me black flash.

ZephroCarnelian
Or Grandmaster Flash! big grin

Mainstream
Or Grandmaster Flash! big grin

that too young warrior character50

Frisnel The One
I'm a big superman fan lets face the facts onslaught would simply destroy superman! Sorry to get off topic I was wondering who is more powerful adam warlocke or silver surfer and who would win in a fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.