Steven Spielberg a "Guest Director" on Episode III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
I heard that George Lucas allowed his friend Steven Spielberg to design some of the action sequences, including Yoda's duel with Darth Sidious, and Obi-Wan's fight with General Grievous. Spielberg also consulted on other scenes, such as the climactic battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

I thought Lucas was pretty nice allowing Spielberg to work in some part of the movie since they are best friends. I heard a few years ago that Lucas refused Spielberg in directing the one of the Star Wars movies. Spielberg said that Lucas was too possessive of his blockbuster space saga to let anyone else have a try.

"I've asked him. He won't let me do one," said Spielberg. "I wanted to do one 15 years ago and he didn't want me to do it. I understand why - Star Wars is George's baby. "

Yuxa
i heard that too. but he is not credited. alien

Stunrun
nope, didnt see him credited either

green dude
no credit for him lol GL baby this baby is big i think it past being a baby it almost seven lol laughing

HAROLD
Source?

vader519
Spielberg helped on the Yoda-Sidious duel and the Anakin-Obi-wan duel. As far as Lucas letting Spielberg directing a star wars film your wrong. Lucas wanted to him to do ROTJ, and that was his first choice. The problem was that Spielberg is in the directors guild, and in order to direct ROTJ. he would have to drop out, but Spielberg did not want to.

DeVi| D0do
Yup... Spielberg helped on the end Duels...

It is talked about in the Making Of book...

Robin Darkside
The direction of ROTS and the way the movie ran, seemed very similar to ROTJ, especially durng the duals

ragesRemorse
why does everything that spielberg touches turn to gold, even when it is shit?

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
why does everything that spielberg touches turn to gold, even when it is shit?

yeah, AI was pretty bad

DeVi| D0do
Yeah... AI was quite bad. It was originally Stanley Kubrik's film, but when he died Spielberg took over.... I think it would have been a much different film had Kubrik made it.

Robin Darkside
Yeah, its definetly seemed like a Kubrick film. I agree, Kubrick would have made it better

ragesRemorse
Yeah, but the terminal was far worse than AI. the terminal was one of the biggest pieces of crap i sat through. People ate it up though.

Envious Eyes
Sorry to be a little off topic but War of the Worlds, directed by Spielberg, is going to be an awesome movie this summer.

DeVi| D0do
Here's hoping. Also another ILM and John Williams job too. Just to make it Star Wars related big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.