'You were my brother Anakin...'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
I always thought of their relationship as Teacher and Student, friends, father and son but never that of brothers. I found myself wondering where Obi-Wan was coming up with the two of them being like brothers. Brothers is a bit weird considering Obi-Wan is a lot older than Anakin. How would you describe Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship?

zavin
havent u seen chapter 21 of Clone Wars...???

Darth Macabre
Like the saying goes "Brothers in Arms". I think being together through out the war has made them like brothers.

zavin
living and growing together also...

Darth_Vader05
Well if you have seen The Phanton Menace and Attack Of The Clones there brotherhood really starts there and in Revenge Of The Sith it ends with the battle between them...

green dude
They were a team like brothers Qui-gon Jnn more like father to Obi-wan
when you fight along side some one you get a relationship like brothers you listen and learn from each other father and son is when son only dose what dad says and they argue more and stuff brother is when you work to gether and have respect.

Or this better to explain a father sets examples and teaches you do and don'ts.

A bother is more of a friend you can talk one on one on anything they listen more they help you they help each other their always there for the other.

A dad is more relie on him and he relies on himself bothers relie on each other they stick to gether through troble rain or shine you would have to have a brother to know what i mean i have a sis and a bro who do you think i like best bro.

The thing is a bro give you a different love and more exicitement and there your age they understand and know you more but Ani ruined that relationship thats why Ob-wan could not kill he was like his brother not his son he couldn't kill his own friend he was a part of him now so he let him live.

But Anikan is episode II had same hairstyle and looked like Obi-wan in episode I and than in episode II obi-wan has long hair episode III Anikan kinda has same hair style as Obi-wan in episode II it weird

matreid
I think there "brother" relationship started during the clone wars. Up until then I pretty much saw them like father and son. Like when anakin says "You are the closest thing I have to a father, master" in AOTC.

((The_Anomaly))
yes i agree, i think that a more "brotherly" relationship would have started after Anakin was granted the rank of Jedi Knight.

Cybervader
hmm..kinda interestin..because in AoTC anakin said obi-wan was "like a father to him"..so i guess Obi-wan does not see it in that light..but a more intimate one..being brothers.

Nonetheless its said isn't it:

"I HATE you!"

"You were my brother anakin... I loved you.."

Darth_Rankkor
Obi1 says that because he feels betrayed. He could have said "you were like a son" or something.

idiot_1185
If obi wan had said that anakin was like a son, that would have implied that obi wan thought that he was superior to anakin. By saying that they were brothers, they were equals.

mysterio69
ooohh...good one, idiot. never thought of it like that. see, you're not really an idiot. time to change yer name.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
Obi1 says that because he feels betrayed. He could have said "you were like a son" or something.

as pointed out earlier, in chapter 21 of clone wars when Anakin is made a knight, Obi Wan says "It's time we became brothers". i think he means it:

1. Brothers as in both Jedi Knights serving under the same ideals and fighting side by side

2. Brothers as in emotional crap, meaning how they both saw qui gon as a father figure, grew up together, blah blah blah.

~wickerman~

Echuu
I think Palpatine slowly replaced Obi-Wan as a father figure.
Darth Macebre had a good point too; with the war and all.

Reverand89
i dont really think it is that complecated.any strong relationship(thats not sexual)you have with someone can make you feel like they are a brother or sister to you.

Dark hoser
they were more like brothers in many ways they learned and grew up togehter obi-wan is like an older brother always lookng after his yonger sibling the father like figure then would be Qui-gon Jnn or the all powerfull yoda
but hay thats just my opinion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.