Obi wan Vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
I wonder why ObiWan had never managed to beat Count Dooku, he killed Darth Maul (Who was a sith lord, and killed a very experienced and powerfull Jedi : Qui-Gon) he killed General Grievous and he beat Anakin Skywalker, the most powerfull jedi ever !

So, Obi Wan is a very tough guy, but, he lost the 2 fights with Count Dooku, I wonder why.

Ast Rofan
George Ludas told him to.

J/K, I dont know why, maye Dooku had his number.

jerlark386
He did'nt loose really. Because of his teachings Anakin was able to defeat Dooku. Besides neither of them would've been able to solo Dooku. Sure Anakin took him easily afterwards and technically Anakin is far stronger. But since Anakin uses his emotions as a motivator, without Obi-Wan in danger Anakin wouldn't be charged - up enough to defeat him. Remember, Dooku wanted to fight Anakin. They shared something in common. Mutual hate and desire to fight each other you could say.

matreid
I think he was just unlucky. Had Dooku escaped and they dueled again later on I think Obi-Wan would have won. Third times the charm.

Lazerlike42
Dooku was an incredible master of lightsaber combat, I would agree with Jerlark, and say that only Anakin's anger enabled him to do so, and his touching of the dark side. I think only Yoda or possibly Mace could best Dooku in a duel.

((The_Anomaly))
i disagree, at the time of ROTS i think anakin is far better then dooku, even at saber combat. anakin didnt get THAT angry at Dooku, so i really dont think that had a whole lot to do with it. Dooku got schooled by anakin. Fact is that anakin was just far better. and obi wan is not in the league of dooku at all. thats why obi loses.

also Obi defeated Maul, yes. but maul was not in the league of Dooku, in saber combat or force ability...

GG main flaw was really his lack of force ability. and Obi was simply better then GG

Obi defeated Anakin, yea, but he shouldn't have. If ANY other jedi at the same level of kenobi were to fight anakin, they would get owned. it was obi's wits, calm, and his knowledge of anakin that provided him with the victory over anakin. as well anakins arrogance, thats why obi beat anakin.

chilled monkey
I think Dooku was basically too good for Obi-Wan. His Force-touch was stronger, his swordsmanship was better etc. Obi-Wan defeated Anakin because he knew him so well and he kept his head. He defeated Maul and GG by out-thinking them. Dooku was too smart to be out-thought.

obi-wan geynobi
he had a bad day i guess. but king_arthur you said that anakin is the most powerful jedi ever, well, thats not true its just that he thinks he is in the old times (6000 years before Vader) there were much more powerful sith and jedi

Fishy
There is an EU explanation for all of this, that nobody will want to hear but I'll say it anyway stick out tongue

According to Labyrinth of evil, Sidious told Dooku to take care of Obi wan then fight Anakin, but not kill him. He couldn't give it his all against Anakin, if somehow Anakin would manage to win Sidious would step in and stop Anakin. Of course he didn't....

Hybris
I didn't know that, but it's not that EU... I love Dooku's fighting style big grin

Fishy
Dooku's fighting style is great for somebody like him. It doesn't leave room for mistakes, Dooku isn't one to make mistakes... Well except when he changes forms and attacks Anakin alone

Darth_Otaku
I know the whole story:
Sidious:Lord Maul go kill Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi.
Maul:Yes Master.
Sidious:Count Dooku,Maul will not survive the fight so i make you my new apprentice Darth Tyranus now go kill Anakin Skywalker.
Dooku:Yes Master.
Sidious:General Grievous,Dooku will not survive the fight so i make you my new apprentice.Now go kill Obi Wan Kenobi.
GG:Yes Master.
Sidious:Anakin Skywalker GG wil not survive the fight.So i make you my new apprentice,now go kill Obi Wan Kenobi.
Anakin:Yes Master.
Sidious:Hello Random Twi'lek Anakin will probably not survive the fight i will make you my new apprentice.
Clone Trooper:Lord Sidious,Lord Vader has miracliousnes survived the battle.
Sidious:Oh.
Random Twi'Lekbig grino i still get to be your apprentice?
Sidious:*Force Lightning*

I know it's full of mistake's but bassicly this is how it went,bassicly.

A Dark Side Fan
That was actually pretty funny. I bet that IS what happened...

-shifty eyes-

And no. It states on the Star Wars website that Dooku has bested Mace in combat. So I doubt Mace could beat Dooku. Dooku was trained in Makashi - which is the form of combat best suited for lightsabre duels.

Fishy
Originally posted by A Dark Side Fan
That was actually pretty funny. I bet that IS what happened...

-shifty eyes-

And no. It states on the Star Wars website that Dooku has bested Mace in combat. So I doubt Mace could beat Dooku. Dooku was trained in Makashi - which is the form of combat best suited for lightsabre duels.

That was 13 years ago by Rots... Mace had a lot of time to improve

((The_Anomaly))
mace is ok...

Darth Halo
Remeber Dooku was Qui-Gons master so he taught him what he knows and Qui-gon was obi's master. He pretty much knew what obi had up his sleeve. Anakin was awild card and he didn't know that he would tap into his anger and that is why dooku lost to ani and obi lost to dooku

koolruningz
Thats right. Dooku trained Qui Gon so its only natural that Qui Gon passed alot of those teachings to Obi Wan. Plus Obi Wan does well against cocky inexperienced opponents who make mistakes, like Maul and Anakin. Dooku does not have these tendencies and doesnt make any mistakes that Obi Wan can exploit.

Eckle
Obi could not beat dooku because Dooku basicly taught obi through qui-gon, obi had the same upper hand when facing Anakin. Obi beat grevious because Grevious sucked and owned Maul because Maul thought he had already won. Anakin could beat Dooku because Dooku thought he could beat anakin again and was caught off guard (very similar to Mauls death)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.