Why doesn't Dooku reveal Sidious before his death?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
Dooku knows Palpatine is Sidious. At least it results from the novel. Palpatine speaks with Dooku before the fight in Grievous' chamber, as Darth Sidious. However, in the end, right before his death, he does not reveal the Chancellor as the sith lord. I mean, he could've said: "At least I die, let's provide some useful info to these Jedi's. Hey, hey!!! Palp is Sidious!!" He does not do that. Why is that. Moreover, in the book, he begs for mercy from the Chancellor. But he keeps the secret.

Lazerlike42
Possibilities:

A) He was too scared to talk

B) He was begging Sidious to save him by eye-contact, or possibly some kind of force telepathy

C) He thought Sidious would save him (as in B) but that if he revealed the truth, Sidious would make sure he died. Also, knowing Anakin to be a Jedi, and that he should not kill him, he was expecting Anakin not to kill him and did not want to anger Sidious by saying it, or felt it was unecessary because he was not going to die

D) Sidious had told him they'd turn Anakin together, so he was expecting help from Sidious and his expression meant, "any time now!"

Jayd265
they all sound good to me

mandalorian_war
1.maybe he thought anakin wouldnt believe him
2.palps would deny it
3.it would make anakin even more angry because it would be blaming his mentor.
4.It would sound as if Dooku was trying to save his own skin

green dude
Well episode II he tried to help Obi-wan by telling him the Sith lord is alive and will destroy everything..

but the consel ignored Dokoo so why would they believe him this time.

And Palps wanted him dead he knew to much

And he knows he told Obi-wan so thats why

And Dokoo wasn't that bad in episodeII attacked of the clones he has Obi-wan in some kind of rotating freeze thing it was hillarious.lol laughing

But Dokoo wasn't as bad as Palp and he actually fought Yoda and ran after words Palps just ran with out a fight.

Dokoo he didn't seem to like being a sith to much but thats me.

And Palps had to make a spark in Anikan then he would fan the flames then Anikan would be burned in two way lol laughing then DV Darth Vader would be born.

And Papls for once needed a young aprentice and AS (Anikan Skywalker) was the strongest and youngest so he took him then white became black like MJ except other way around lol

Delta 62
Green dude: A) You have no idea what you're talking about and, B) You can't spell.

I do like that moment in the film though.. The way Sidious looks at him and says "Kill him. Kill him now." Dooku was like "!!!!!"

muserke
Who's Dokoo? Anikan?
And wtf are you talking about? It makes no sense.

Wickerman
Originally posted by green dude
Well episode II he tried to help Obi-wan by telling him the Sith lord is alive and will destroy everything..

IMO he wasn't trying to help obi wan but make him trust him.

As if having two lightsabers at his throat he'd think that much through in a heartbeat AND make a decision not to talk shifty

which is known as PIS (plot induced stupidity)

See comment about this above

Again, IMO he was trying to get obi to trust him, maybe gain another dark side ally.

this is extremely confusing as everything in that phrase is wrong.

You really need to watch the toon series clone wars. If he didn't like being a sith, i dunno who did.

This explains why Sidious let Dooku die, not why Dooku didn't talk. Again, PIS

several mistakes in that sentence

1. Anakin was strongest of HIS AGE not of all
2. He wasn't the first young apprentice Sid took. Remember someone called....Darth Maul???? He was trained by Sidious since infancy

~wickerman~

Delta 62
Green dude really ought to cease posting. And get the damn movie title right. "Attacked of the Clones".

Bicnarok

Tommo
He didn't reveal all because he he knew the prophecy had been misinterpreted by the Jedi, the chosen one would kill off nearly all the JEdi and all the Sith. He knew he needed to die for Anakin to become evil, don't forget there can only be 2 Sith at a time.

Reverand89
he didnt because dooku was palpys ***** and couldnt bare to harm him

Red Superfly
Because Palps held his mouth shut with the force?

Could it REALLY be as simple as that?

DenKi
He does say somthing but it got cut out of the Movie becos it was too obvious that he was a Sith Lord...

It's on the DVD

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tommo
He didn't reveal all because he he knew the prophecy had been misinterpreted by the Jedi, the chosen one would kill off nearly all the JEdi and all the Sith. He knew he needed to die for Anakin to become evil, don't forget there can only be 2 Sith at a time.

maybe you haven't worded that the way you wanted, because the way you've worded it it sounds like he sacrificed himself. And trust me, Dooku would never sacrifice himself just like that.

~wickerman~

Fishy
Maybe he hoped Sidious would step in, maybe he was to scared to talk. Maybe he thought Anakin would go over the top if he did tell him, or maybe he just wanted to see Anakin fail and hoped that this was the way to do it. Hurt the Jedi even as he dies, he couldn't prevent that anymore. It was just a matter of who he hated more the Sith or the Jedi... I think he choice he hated the Jedi more and decided to stay silent to hurt them.

PVS
he simply was too stunned to say anything.
notice he didnt even have time to beg for his life.
two words: scared shitless

Hybris
if Sids would have been smart, he would have made anakin his new apprentice and Dooku a sith lord....

Hybris
without killing one of them of course

Wickerman
Don't forget the "only two" rule

~wickerman~

DenKi
Lol the Sith have Such a Stupid Rule, if they had the same amout as Jedi what can be Thousands the Sith would of Won ages ago

PVS
the whole point is that the sith cannot work together. they would be too busy warring with eachother and their insurrection would fail as a result.
thats the whole point of master/apprentice. in such a setup, ONE is in control and gives the orders, and even THAT system is unstable, as the apprentice seeks to overthrow the master by their very nature.

DenKi
Yes but i cant understand why the Sith still choose to have that Rule with 1 Master and 1 apprentice.

And the Jedi can have 1000's of Masters and Apprentaces.

i would of thorght The Sith would of Taken that as a Hint and changed

Wickerman
Originally posted by DenKi
Yes but i cant understand why the Sith still choose to have that Rule with 1 Master and 1 apprentice.

And the Jedi can have 1000's of Masters and Apprentaces.

i would of thorght The Sith would of Taken that as a Hint and changed

Alright, here's the deal. If there were 500 Sith Lords with 500 apprentices, they would

1. each sith lord fight each other to try to become ruler over all
2. each apprentice try to kill sith lords and apprentices, including their own masters
3. the jedi would simply walk in and sweep up the mess

Now...as living statement....when there were thousands of sith, what good did that do huh? None. Now with the only 2 rule, since only Palpatine and an apprentice (Maul, Dooku or vader) existed, how did that do? Well, they overthrew the entire republic turning it into an empire, a sith lord ruled over the entire galaxy, and all the jedi except for TWO AT A TIME became extinct....
do you still think it's a stupid rule?

~wickerman~

Ominous
i still dont think he likes the rule, mad ,lol
I do like the one about Anakin will probably think he's trying to save his own skin and that Anakin probaly wont do it, except he knows anakin is unstable so whatever, hes my thoughts

1. he was so shocked and unable to speak because you see... He Loves Sidious
2. hes a fighter and a gentleman, he's thought could also be "Touche!"

3. But id say he was in shock, and the fear shot through him hard, you see he cant control that anymore he gave in to the Darkside, as a Jedi he was probably a master of calm, like he taught Qui Gon.

b-dan
cuz he knew he was finsihed anyway and probly sideous told him of his evil plan and membur betrayal is the way of the sith learned that the the guid to the movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.