Women's Right's and Are you a feminist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WillKempsgirl
Men in this country forget that this is a free country and everyone is equal.Women have been treated like dirt in this country.*Note to men* Women served in the service and gave their lives for our freedom.I plan to be a feminist.

(A feminist is a person who believes in women rights)

a1hsauce
confused

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by WillKempsgirl
Men in this country forget that this is a free country and everyone is equal.Women have been treated like dirt in this country.*Note to men* Women served in the service and gave their lives for our freedom.I plan to be a feminist.

then im a feminist too *stands tall*big grin

Ken Kenobi
You said "this country" but you didn't specify the country...

dave123
I guess that makes me a feminist as well big grin

xLiNdS x 622x
yup i'm a feminist.....it's dumb not to be

a1hsauce
i was attacked by a feminist once...Most exciting and invigorating 5 mins of my life yes

xLiNdS x 622x
attacked?

WillKempsgirl
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
You said "this country" but you didn't specify the country...
Sorry......The USA

JToTheP
I treat all my girl friends the same, mainly better then my guy friends cuz you just hang out with guys. I hate girls who get irritated & pissed because I make a comment about a girl who is openly nasty or whatever.

Ken Kenobi
But yes, consider me a feminist.

dave123
Male scum eek!

JToTheP
Originally posted by a1hsauce
i was attacked by a feminist once...Most exciting and invigorating 5 mins of my life yes

feminists either get the finger, or they get the finger in front of their mouth, "SH!" and then I leave. Feminists are so annoying.

a1hsauce
Originally posted by xLiNdS x 622x
attacked?
yep...

Ladyluck
in the word you put it, yes, i'm a feminist, but i believe feminists are women who actually fight for women's rights...i believe women have rights but i don't necessarily fight for them because to be honest, i think we're pretty equal to men for the most part and we have it pretty good...women who fight for more and want to be above men and have more rights than men sort of piss me off because they're all "equality now" but i think it's pretty equal already...it's as if nothing satisfies them...(hahaha i know i know, many jokes can be made)...but don't get me wrong...i'm all for women;s rights!!

Killer_Dennis
Originally posted by dave123
Male scum eek! laughing out loud

eggmayo
Yeah, my ex-gf thought a feminist was someone who hated women.

WillKempsgirl
Originally posted by Ladyluck
in the word you put it, yes, i'm a feminist, but i believe feminists are women who actually fight for women's rights...i believe women have rights but i don't necessarily fight for them because to be honest, i think we're pretty equal to men for the most part and we have it pretty good...women who fight for more and want to be above men and have more rights than men sort of piss me off because they're all "equality now" but i think it's pretty equal already...it's as if nothing satisfies them...(hahaha i know i know, many jokes can be made)...but don't get me wrong...i'm all for women;s rights!!
Some men ARE FEMINIST'S!

Ladyluck
yes, i know...sorry if i forgot to mention it...don't get your panties in a bunch

Lianslo
Yeah, I'm all for women's rights, so I guess I am a feminist! smile I've always believed pretty strongly about woman being able to do whatever a man can. Although - I still think women should be treated differently to a certain extent...men and women have differences that should be respected. I don't know if anybody understands where I'm going with this...

WillKempsgirl
yes, i know...sorry if i forgot to mention it...don't get your panties in a bunch
Sorry............I'm havin' mood swings.
mad sad smile embarrasment confused sick Jumpy

Ladyluck
lol...it's okbig grin

eggmayo
If anything, especially in schools... females get treated better... it's actuallly represented in the results, I'm learning about it in Sociology right now..

Clovie

(A feminist is a person who believes in women rights) you're WRONG

a feminist is an insane girl who wants to work in the mine and join the army.

((The_Anomaly))
I believe Women have rights, that should be equal to Men, however there should be no special treatment for Women either.

A lot of women that I know want equality, with a little special treatment, because they are women. which is completely contradictory. Women should be equal, meaning if a women can do something better then a man they they should get the job etc.

but women should not be hired because "not hiring women is sexist". Im not a feminist. actually the real feminists i find annoying. things are pretty equal right now, as equal as i think they can get. yet feminists still blabber on about how men do this and men do that....

please for the sake of the world, feminists, shut up...things are equal, you did your job, blabbering on about pointless things now is useless and only annoying..

xLiNdS x 622x
I'm not gonna get into this but things definitely aren't equal between men and women right now....just my two cents

ApolloX
Women already have all the rights men have and more.

example: At my school girls have all the sports guys do plus
cheerleading and volleyball.

Clovie
The thing is that women should been respected for being women (coz it is nice and kind)
they should have the equal rights as guys in getting job/voting etc.
but it is unfair how nowadays women are still doing all the house works they used to do for centuries plus having career extra. it makes them stressed and unhappy.
guys should be helping at home

and i seriously don't get those REAL femminists, who wants to go to the army and do all the crappy stuff that men are supossed to do and in which they're better.

Englishpin@pple

its nice when some1 voices there opinion big grin

eggmayo
Girls can actually choose what they do at my school, we are forced into stereotypical male sports like football and rugby.

Ladyluck
guys and girls have all ther same sports as each other at my school...even volleyball...and there are actually 2 guys who joined cheerleading which i think is awesome

ApolloX
And girls get off easy. They can talk all they want and only boys get in trouble. miffed

SlipknoT
Ok, Ok, Guys wanna hear a Joke?

Women's Rights stick out tongue

Lianslo
Originally posted by ApolloX
And girls get off easy. They can talk all they want and only boys get in trouble. miffed

That is true, to an certain extent. Back in my junior high days the girls could get away with most anything.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Lianslo
That is true, to an certain extent. Back in my junior high days the girls could get away with most anything.
It's true in general. You can get away with doing homework for stress problems, and it seems more likely that parents write letters for girls.

WillKempsgirl
Originally posted by JToTheP
feminists either get the finger, or they get the finger in front of their mouth, "SH!" and then I leave. Feminists are so annoying.
So you think men should have all the power?Just sayin' this the Iraquies and Afganie's think men should have all the power. I bet you if the women before us didn't proteat to be equel all the women in the United States would not be married.

ApolloX
Im a Malist. Men should be treated the same as women. Whos with me?

Lianslo
lol, not me. stick out tongue Although - I did a big paper on women's abuse earlier this year...and men who don't like to see women suceed or have more power then them are more prone to be abusers. Just thought I'd share that interesting little fact. stick out tongue

eggmayo
So you think men should have all the power?Just sayin' this the Iraquies and Afganie's think men should have all the power. I bet you if the women before us didn't proteat to be equel all the women in the United States would not be married.
Iraqi's and Afghani's, please.

WillKempsgirl
Im a Malist. Men should be treated the same as women. Whos with me?
It's sorta the same thing but vice versa

Clovie
So you think men should have all the power?Just sayin' this the Iraquies and Afganie's think men should have all the power. I bet you if the women before us didn't proteat to be equel all the women in the United States would not be married. grow up.

ApolloX
Originally posted by Lianslo
lol, not me. stick out tongue Although - I did a big paper on women's abuse earlier this year...and men who don't like to see women suceed or have more power then them are more prone to be abusers. Just thought I'd share that interesting little fact. stick out tongue
Thats true. Women have a more caring nature so there less violent then men.

eggmayo
Thats true. Women have a more caring nature so there less violent then men.
And they are generally weaker, I think thats an important factor.

WillKempsgirl
Originally posted by eggmayo
And they are generally weaker, I think thats an important factor.
Who women;I know you didn't just diss the female's?Women gave their livies for our country so did men.You men are so lucky, you don't have to worry about get your period every mounth or giving birth to a baby.

SlipknoT
Who women;I know you didn't just diss the female's?Women gave their livies for our country so did men.You men are so lucky, you don't have to worry about get your period every mounth or giving birth to a baby. FEMENAZI!

grey fox
what i am about to post now i found while crawling the web i am in no way a feminist but i occasionally read it for laughs .

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/femhag1.jpg

Evil Nazi Feminists From Hell.

Feminists are loud, stupid, bitchy and above all: annoying. All they do is run around shrieking about men. News flash: nobody gives a damn. Go away. I'm pretty tired of taking responsibility for some slack-ass women that expect special privilages from men.

Where the hell is the feminist movement today? I looked through some feminist books at the library, and almost every one of them bitched about male patriarchy. Oppression this and equal rights that. BORING. Where's the violence? Nobody wants to read about a single mom trying to raise a kid and keep a job. People want to read about explosions, monsters, and exploding monsters.

I was minding my own business at school the other day when all of a sudden I was surrounded by screaming feminists. They had gnarled claws, horns, goat hoofs and made an unearthly hissing noise. They came out of a hole in the ground that led straight into hell where I could see Satan (Jenny Jones) directing her army. I thought I was done for when suddenly I remembered that I had a shotgun on me (with rounds of common sense).

The feminists started to advance towards me, in all their unshaved armpit infamy, preaching anti-male rhetoric and singing "I am woman hear me roar." One of them jumped at me with a two edged blade of double standards, but I counterattacked with a pile of "Get a job." This kept her occupied, but there were more. I took out my shotgun and blasted 10 or 20 of them, but they kept respawning faster than I could finish them off. It was almost as if they had a hidden energy source. Suddenly I noticed the source of all my problems: music coming out from the pit of hell! It sounded like a mixture of Jewel, Celine Dion, Alanis Morissette and Loreena McKennitt all packed together for a mega dose of super suck.

I had to act quick before the effects of the shitty music would turn me into a permanent dumbass. So I grabbed my shotgun and jumped into the pit. I fell through all the levels of hell, each level conveniently marked with signs saying "Level 1: Expensive Trendy Clothing, Level 2: Dance Clubs For Sluts and Assholes.." etc. until finally I reached the last level where Jenny Jones herself resides. She immediately tried to give me a makeover, but I busted out a can of woop ass wrapped in a package of "Shut the hell up," which seemed to wound her ego. She tried and tried, but couldn't get me to conform. Finally she blew up like a zit, and that's the end of my feminist story. The moral of the story is that feminists are bad, evil people, and listening to too much shitty music will turn you into a dumbass. It's all true, I'm right, go to hell.

25,418 feminists have felt compelled to ***** at me because of this page.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by grey fox
what i am about to post now i found while crawling the web i am in no way a feminist but i occasionally read it for laughs .

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/femhag1.jpg

Evil Nazi Feminists From Hell.

Feminists are loud, stupid, bitchy and above all: annoying. All they do is run around shrieking about men. News flash: nobody gives a damn. Go away. I'm pretty tired of taking responsibility for some slack-ass women that expect special privilages from men.

Where the hell is the feminist movement today? I looked through some feminist books at the library, and almost every one of them bitched about male patriarchy. Oppression this and equal rights that. BORING. Where's the violence? Nobody wants to read about a single mom trying to raise a kid and keep a job. People want to read about explosions, monsters, and exploding monsters.

I was minding my own business at school the other day when all of a sudden I was surrounded by screaming feminists. They had gnarled claws, horns, goat hoofs and made an unearthly hissing noise. They came out of a hole in the ground that led straight into hell where I could see Satan (Jenny Jones) directing her army. I thought I was done for when suddenly I remembered that I had a shotgun on me (with rounds of common sense).

The feminists started to advance towards me, in all their unshaved armpit infamy, preaching anti-male rhetoric and singing "I am woman hear me roar." One of them jumped at me with a two edged blade of double standards, but I counterattacked with a pile of "Get a job." This kept her occupied, but there were more. I took out my shotgun and blasted 10 or 20 of them, but they kept respawning faster than I could finish them off. It was almost as if they had a hidden energy source. Suddenly I noticed the source of all my problems: music coming out from the pit of hell! It sounded like a mixture of Jewel, Celine Dion, Alanis Morissette and Loreena McKennitt all packed together for a mega dose of super suck.

I had to act quick before the effects of the shitty music would turn me into a permanent dumbass. So I grabbed my shotgun and jumped into the pit. I fell through all the levels of hell, each level conveniently marked with signs saying "Level 1: Expensive Trendy Clothing, Level 2: Dance Clubs For Sluts and Assholes.." etc. until finally I reached the last level where Jenny Jones herself resides. She immediately tried to give me a makeover, but I busted out a can of woop ass wrapped in a package of "Shut the hell up," which seemed to wound her ego. She tried and tried, but couldn't get me to conform. Finally she blew up like a zit, and that's the end of my feminist story. The moral of the story is that feminists are bad, evil people, and listening to too much shitty music will turn you into a dumbass. It's all true, I'm right, go to hell.

25,418 feminists have felt compelled to ***** at me because of this page. laughing

eggmayo
Who women;I know you didn't just diss the female's?Women gave their livies for our country so did men.You men are so lucky, you don't have to worry about get your period every mounth or giving birth to a baby.
Automatically I am dissing women. I said weaker. Women dont tend to be 280 pound brick shithouses taking too much Creatine and benchpressing the afternoon away... different types of strength, there are.

grey fox
Again from the same website

Feminism is in a lot of ways like fascism. Your average Fascist will disregard any scientific argument unless the conclusion supports his existing belief. The ideology comes first and the Fascist looks for anything to back it up, no matter how trivial, unreliable or discredited. Much like today's feminists and their ideology. Fascists attempt to rationalize their beliefs and portray them as truth by twisting the facts. A fascist might, for example, cast blame for unemployment and work discontent on immigrants "stealing" their jobs. Feminists similarly cast blame for women's lower average pay onto another party (men). Both feminists and fascists are quick to cast blame on someone else for anything that goes wrong in their lives. Most feminists seem to conform to feminist stereotypes. I can usually pick out a feminist in a croud of women. She'll usually have short hair, regular pants, a regular shirt, and an unbathed look; she'll look very much like a stereotypical guy. I think why a feminist might appear like this is to make a statement that "if men can do it and be accepted, then women should be able to". How bold, to go around and look like a stereotypical guy as opposed to a stereotypical girl. Who cares? Either way, you're an ass for thinking anybody cares about the statement you're making. If you're trying to prove a point to the average guy that's only concerned with women as sex objects, you're wasting your time. A guy that's concerned with women as sex objects is going to be concerned with women as sex objects regardless of how you look. Not every woman will share feminist ideals, so a possible argument that "if all women did it, then guys would have to respect us" isn't very realistic. If you really want to make a point, surgically remove your breasts. Or is that going too far? Feminism serves as nothing more than a wedge to further seperate the sexes, segregating men and women into cultures that wouldn't otherwise exist.

WillKempsgirl
Originally posted by Clovie
you're WRONG

Um...............Wrong-O read It's your world-If you don't like it Change it
Activism for Tennagers
By:Mikki Halpin Pages 189-230

Imaginary
grow up.

Well said.

BackFire

No, but we have to worry about dealing with you when YOU'RE on your period, which is a tragedy itself.

xLiNdS x 622x
Originally posted by BackFire
No, but we have to worry about dealing with you when YOU'RE on your period, which is a tragedy itself.
Well it's not like we can do anything about it

BackFire
You can keep away from people while your on the rag, lock yourself in a room/closet and not complain over everything.

xLiNdS x 622x
Yes, we'll just lock ourselves in a closet for a week with no contact what so ever to the outside world...

BackFire
Damn straight, would make everyone a lot happier.

The Tired Hiker
laughing out loud

JToTheP

No, I myself just dont bother with feminists and my friends would agree with me, their annoying period. I'm all for women having equal rights, just don't bring that feminism into it and we have no problems. If I thought men should have all the power, half of who I work with, talk to online, and in person wouldn't be women then, they would be shallow men now wouldn't they?

sultan kudarat
how about women's left?

JToTheP
What the HELL was the point in that?

Bad comic relief.

sultan kudarat
aren't we cranky....

JToTheP
No...we're sweating & tired & thought that was bad comic relief.

SlipknoT
Who women;I know you didn't just diss the female's?Women gave their livies for our country so did men.You men are so lucky, you don't have to worry about get your period every mounth or giving birth to a baby. Make Me a Sandwhich roll eyes (sarcastic)

sultan kudarat
meh...

Cinemaddiction
As long as they can do it barefoot, pregnant, and in a kitchen, they can have whatever rights they want..confused

shellie
so long as I gt mines befre you roll ovr and sleep..Im fine...thats the rite I hve.

The Tired Hiker
Originally posted by shellie
so long as I gt mines befre you roll ovr and sleep..Im fine...thats the rite I hve. Heh haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaah!!! eek! laughing out loud laughing

Cinemaddiction
Shellie's been saucin'. She's a real firecracker under the influence..well...so I heard..whistle

shellie
tis nt the sauce I want though sad

Clovie
Um...............Wrong-O read It's your world-If you don't like it Change it
Activism for Tennagers
By:Mikki Halpin Pages 189-230 thumb up

Originally posted by Imaginary
Well said. tx purplequeen1

AdventChild
i wonder who's the idiot who voted no....

JToTheP
Well, find out who's a redneck from the south, and there ya go. yes laughing

Bardock42
Errr, well I am for womens equal rights, but I don't consider myself a feminist....cause I am not. Although you could also say I belive in men'S eqal rights where they don't have them, I consider humans (male or female) the same....but please don't call me feminist...when I picture a feminist I see a crazy woman that aloways screams "we demand equyal rights, men are scum, men make war not women" or stuff like that ...

Bardock42
The thing is that women should been respected for being women (coz it is nice and kind)
they should have the equal rights as guys in getting job/voting etc.
but it is unfair how nowadays women are still doing all the house works they used to do for centuries plus having career extra. it makes them stressed and unhappy.
guys should be helping at home

and i seriously don't get those REAL femminists, who wants to go to the army and do all the crappy stuff that men are supossed to do and in which they're better.

This is kind of Hypocritical so girls can do whatever they want but guys are stil suppoed to work in mines and join the army...and I think a couple has to figure out for themselves who does what in the household.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I believe Women have rights, that should be equal to Men, however there should be no special treatment for Women either.

A lot of women that I know want equality, with a little special treatment, because they are women. which is completely contradictory. Women should be equal, meaning if a women can do something better then a man they they should get the job etc.

but women should not be hired because "not hiring women is sexist". Im not a feminist. actually the real feminists i find annoying. things are pretty equal right now, as equal as i think they can get. yet feminists still blabber on about how men do this and men do that....

please for the sake of the world, feminists, shut up...things are equal, you did your job, blabbering on about pointless things now is useless and only annoying..

Oh. my. god.

Please tell me what is a REAL feminist?! Please! I am eagerly anticipating at your deffinition of a REAL feminist.

Jackie Malfoy
I am a feminist in my own way.I do not believe however that woman should be allowed to have abortions just because they say it is there body.
But I do believe that woman should be able to do anything man can do with in certain points.JM

Bardock42

Feminism is in a lot of ways like fascism. Your average Fascist will disregard any scientific argument unless the conclusion supports his existing belief. The ideology comes first and the Fascist looks for anything to back it up, no matter how trivial, unreliable or discredited. Much like today's feminists and their ideology. Fascists attempt to rationalize their beliefs and portray them as truth by twisting the facts. A fascist might, for example, cast blame for unemployment and work discontent on immigrants "stealing" their jobs. Feminists similarly cast blame for women's lower average pay onto another party (men). Both feminists and fascists are quick to cast blame on someone else for anything that goes wrong in their lives. Most feminists seem to conform to feminist stereotypes. I can usually pick out a feminist in a croud of women. She'll usually have short hair, regular pants, a regular shirt, and an unbathed look; she'll look very much like a stereotypical guy. I think why a feminist might appear like this is to make a statement that "if men can do it and be accepted, then women should be able to". How bold, to go around and look like a stereotypical guy as opposed to a stereotypical girl. Who cares? Either way, you're an ass for thinking anybody cares about the statement you're making. If you're trying to prove a point to the average guy that's only concerned with women as sex objects, you're wasting your time. A guy that's concerned with women as sex objects is going to be concerned with women as sex objects regardless of how you look. Not every woman will share feminist ideals, so a possible argument that "if all women did it, then guys would have to respect us" isn't very realistic. If you really want to make a point, surgically remove your breasts. Or is that going too far? Feminism serves as nothing more than a wedge to further seperate the sexes, segregating men and women into cultures that wouldn't otherwise exist.

The Website is Maddox.xmission.com

i thought we might give him some credit.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardock42
Errr, well I am for womens equal rights, but I don't consider myself a feminist....cause I am not. Although you could also say I belive in men'S eqal rights where they don't have them, I consider humans (male or female) the same....but please don't call me feminist...when I picture a feminist I see a crazy woman that aloways screams "we demand equyal rights, men are scum, men make war not women" or stuff like that ...

Thank you for bringing this up - I was about to make a point about it.

You have a picture of what a ''feminist'' is.

Okay, heres a question -

What does a typical functionalist look like and is like? What does a typical post-structalist look like? What about a typical marxist? What about a typical Ethnomethodologist?

If you have a stereotpye of a typical Feminist what are the typical sociological theorists above like?

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Thank you for bringing this up - I was about to make a point about it.

You have a picture of what a ''feminist'' is.

Okay, heres a question -

What does a typical functionalist look like and is like? What does a typical post-structalist look like? What about a typical marxist? What about a typical Ethnomethodologist?

If you have a stereotpye of a typical Feminist what are the typical sociological theorists above like?

A typical marxist is hard to find cause there are not a lot of true marxist that are similar in style and are famous.

On the other hand there are many similiar feminists that can'T stop bitching aboot men being more equal than women ( stole that from George Orwell)

As for the other terms I don't even know what they actually mean...but I can tell you that I don't want to be called a marxist either.

#As for socioligist theorist. I picture either a man or a woman with glasses (the glasses are important) that sit in a boring office and read up on statistics theys once in a while are on tv and get asked something but not for long cause they are boring.

Jedi_KnightAlly
I can tell you this for sure.... Feminist's are a total pain in the arse. You've got your rights, if you don't want to do the washing up and cleanin and have a job then Get your husband or whatever to SHARE the work. I don't think their are that many men who are that backward thinking not to help out.

And if they don't have husbands/partners or whatever then they ae nothing to complain about.

lil bitchiness
A typical marxist is hard to find cause there are not a lot of true marxist that are similar in style and are famous.

On the other hand there are many similiar feminists that can'T stop bitching aboot men being more equal than women ( stole that from George Orwell)

As for the other terms I don't even know what they actually mean...but I can tell you that I don't want to be called a marxist either.

#As for socioligist theorist. I picture either a man or a woman with glasses (the glasses are important) that sit in a boring office and read up on statistics theys once in a while are on tv and get asked something but not for long cause they are boring.

And that just proves your ignorance (and other peoples ignorance) on feminism, because there are many MANY different types of feminism and not all feminist agree with one another.

Possibly the most important thing you ALL fail to release is that feminism you're all talking about is DEAD.

First wave feminism, sexond wave feminism and third wave feminism are very different, and frankly, before I started to b!tch about feminism I would make sure I knew at least a slight differance between the three.

There is a huge differance between an opinion person has on something they know about and an opinion they farted out based on whate everyone else said while having no first clue about what they are talking about.

(Bardock, im not singeling you out, this is to everyone)

Also, how can anyone possibly claim that ''feminist want women to be equal to men and thats all they preach''

Thats the biggest misconception of feminism i have ever heard - and i read many ignorant claims and heard many from people.

You cannot have ''women being equal to men'' when not all women are equal. I said this many times but a middle class white woman has MORE rights than a working class black man, so who is trying to be equal to whom here?

A middle class white woman toa working class black man? I dont think so.

Feminism is not about making all women equal to men, its about making all women equal in rights with each other and all men equal with each other and then everyone equal (in rights and privileges)

And not all women are the same - women are separated by age, by class, by religion, by colour, by creed, by language, by sexuality - its funny how you can all just group all women in one category.

As for the way typical feminist looks like - not all feminists are female, and great majority of them are not lesbian either.

Bardock42
WOMAN....what YOU fail to realize is that I never said feminists are that or that...I just said I don't want to be called a feminist because I have thios picture in my head (sorry can't do anything aboot it...its just there)

Now, I know that..thats why I said equal RIGHTS...the RIGHTS part is important (forget my last post I just quoted animal farm for a cheap joke I could laugh aboot for a second or two)

And for the feminist that I have in mind is still alive and talking. So don't say it is dead as long as there are still feminists that don't know its dead.

In my opening statement I said I am for equal rights but thats not the meaning of feminism in our daily usage of the word.

lil bitchiness
I said in my post im not singeling you out, its for everyone. My first part of the post was for you talking about Marxism ''not being similar in style and not famous''. And while we're at it, tell me a famous feminist.

And your use of WOMAN at the begining of your post was supposed to degrade me? How sad.

Bardock42
I said in my post im not singeling you out, its for everyone. My first part of the post was for you talking about Marxism ''not being similar in style and not famous''. And while we're at it, tell me a famous feminist.

And your use of WOMAN at the begining of your post was supposed to degrade me? How sad.

It was to get your attention....and to show that you are very emotional attached. But I am sorry that I used that it was stupid I don't know what I was thinking.

No you are not singeling me out means that I am not the only one...but one of them anyways so i can just show you that I do not agree with all that you said.

When I said similiar in style and famous I was talking aboot feminists that are kind of like the stereotype I know there are many different but those loud and unfair ones get the most air time. I am thinking of a German Feminist called Alice Schwarzer a very strange4 woman, very smart she got some good political ideas still I can't stand her...she coined my mental picture of feminists. But I can't really say there is any marxist that I could picture even now that I try (its different with feminists the picture just pops in my head when hearing the term)

I apologize again for the usage of the word in the beginning...very immature, sorry.

RebelPhoenix
Just to add, anyone who thinks 'things are pretty equal' and that feminists need to shut up because we got what we wanted is sadly mistaken. I live in London, a thriving place for culture and diversity and one of the places you would think things are equal. Well, quite frankly that's bull shit. Traditional sexism has been countered in terms of having complaints structures and mechanisms for accountability in institutions but they are not particularly effective or efficient and chauvenism runs as rampant as ever and within women too.

Also, feminism has taken a serious back burner to racism and sexism in regards to homosexuality when all have very similar arguments but feminism is not taken as seriously especially not in practice. For example, take the entire 'lower staff' in offices e.g. secretaries, receptionists, PA's and office juniors, the vast majority are female and in an office where ever woman might be over 25 people in positions above that sector and clientel refer to them as 'girls' and everytime someone asks where's that girl, you know the one with etc and you give them a blank look and say there aren't any girls here or try to find the lady they're talking about and use the word 'woman' instead you get a look of scorn as in 'you knew what i was talking about, no need to be extra'. That is so annoying, a whole sector of women being belitted linguistically when it would be just as easy to use thr right language if it is indeed a woman and not an 18 or under girl, but then people go on about being politically correct and how it's a waste of time. It's only a waste of time when it doesn't apply to you, calling a woman a woman and not a girl isn't about being politically correct or extra it's about simply talking a female who is over 18, what is so hard about that? Now, if it was a black man or black men across the spectrum of the sector being called 'boys' it would be taken more seriously.

The above example might not have seemed that serious but it was only general chauvenism that I was outlinging and I'm trying not to go into too much detail or I will easily write a thesis hence I really only want to touch on a few points plus there are other posters here who can and have added alot to the topic. Other example would be that new measures are automatically received with a defensive reaction for example, rape and sexual assault are cases that are constantly met with the backlash 'but any woman could accuse a man of raping her then when the cow was just leading him on' or whatever but that is an extreme reaction which doesn't do justice to the women who do need help from the law and it undermines everything especially since rape and sexual assualt are so hard to prove anyway and to diffrentiate from sex especially if there aren't or are little physical injuries sustained. It is easy to accuse anyone of anything but rape cases are notoriously difficult to even get to court and 9/10 hospital samples from women never get to court and recorded rape incidents only increase year by year. People need to remember that most sexual crimes are committed by men on women and men upon men as well as crimes particularly serious crimes having being committed over recorded time and estimately before that by men in the majority.

I had to give up a job because of sexism in the workplace a year ago and it was ridiculous because it was nice place, a decent job and the people were nice except... yep you guessed it, a large percentage of men in the company would make rude comments and have chauvenistic conversations and expected the women in the workplaec to just put up with it because it was all 'joking'. That is a common excuse used in the working world but it doesn't justify the behaviour at all and women as well as anybody else in any other 'group' who might be made a joke of shouldn't have to put up with it at all, it's not professional and it's not part of your job to have to listen to it or have it paraded in front them. If people have those prejudices or want to make those jokes they should do it in their own space and tiem with people who share their humour, not make the whole office hear it. Where I worked was a firm of engineers and yes even with the encouragment for women to go into science and engineering fields the numbers are still low (another tangent I could explain but wont because the post is getting long as it is) and all of the engineers and their managers were male and the women in the company were all referred to as 'staff' who basically consisted of receptionist, accounts, help desk and administrators. Now the male managers could be nice and polite as anything but during the course of the day they would start with the sexist one liners and metaphors constantly saying things like 'two words: bedroom and kitch, that's where women belong' etc to put you in your place in a debate or as a 'joke' and expect you to take it and when you argue back they just added more sexist remarks instead of arguing properly. Plus if you didn't make tea you were rude and out of order, yet it's not your job to make tea for them but if you're going to it's polite to ask around in general but shouldn't be expected to etc and all of the women except the two main administrators were sick of it and when I finally complained about one person in particular she told me 'that's just the way he is, he doesn't mean it, just ignore it'. I told her that I could just ignore it but why should I, I don't come to work to hear or be talked to like that and not just once, it's everyday and she couldn't see why I was so pissed off. I also said that if he had made a racist remark to me that it owuldn't be tolerated and she didn't hear me and said, 'he was racist to you???' When? What did he say?' and I was like there you go, I didn't say he was racist to me but if he was it would be taken seriously like your reaction just now showed me. At the end of the day though, I was the expendable one and he wasn't so I left and the other women hated it as well but didn't want to risk their job security by complaining because it would be misinterpreted as being uptight and can't handle the working world etc when it's just wanting to be able to get on with your job without that. Yes you'll come accross challenges and pressures whilst working but if you can't legitimately complain then no, things aren't pretty much equal.

In regards to the women's attitudes involved, from the ones who were scared to the one who thought I was making a big deal out of nothing. There are plenty of women who perpetuate sexism and chauvenistic attitudes by their lack of concern, ignorance or fear, many women complain about feminists as well and say they are over the top, that they need to stop going on now, we got our vote etc but they are either just trying to appear cool, more personable to male peers, are ignorant or haven't experienced it - which is one small mercy at least. The annoying thing about those females however is that without feminists of the past and feminists of today who continue to move equal opportunites and equal ideals into practise from theory and have them actually work, they wouldn't be able to run their mouths the way that they do and having to hear them put down feminists is just galling. But at the end of the day there are plenty of women, girls and in some cases men and boys (e.g. domestic violence, rape, sexual orientation or transformations, paternal rights etc) out there who do need the help in small or large ways and thankfully there are still feminists willing to fight for them.

To lil bitchiness: personally, I am an upholder of many different social rights platforms, not just limited to women but very strongly for each and I'm glad you pointed out the different levels of feminism and what it's about more clearly because there are so many common misconceptions about feminism. I've been a neo-radical feminist since I was 8 years old smile, no one forced or persuaded me into it, it's just something I came accross and found out about because I took alot of prejudiced shit in general for different areas and I styled the term 'neo-radical feminist' myself and it's stuck lol smile.

WindDancer
I didn't read the whole thread but I would agree that woman deserved rights. But certain Feminist kill the cause with their arrogance and uptight propaganda. With that said I'll just add that JC Penny is having a sale this weekend. So you gals better run before is over.

lil bitchiness
I agree WD. Radical feminist.

Did you know that majority of feminist for example agree with pornography and prostitution, while radical feminist do not. Its a never ending debate between the radical and other feminists.

Trickster
The poll tricked me... sad

The questions don't relate to the answers. Can I not say no, I am not a feminist, but that women have rights?

KharmaDog

First of all your poll is ridiculous, of course all sane people believe women have rights, the only people who would vote no are complete assholes or people who are just trying to piss other people off, which by definition, makes them assholes also.

Secondly by blindly assuming that all people wil naturally know that you are talking about the U.S. either shows incredible arrogance or incredible ignorance. There is more than one country, and people from more than one country frequent this board.

Your statement is also INCREDIBLY flawed maybe it should read "some men in this country ...blah, blah blah... ". If you think that it is only men are who are prejudiced and that women are the only ones who suffer prejudice then you are incredibly ignorant or incredibly young and naive.

In fact your whole first post is so absurd it borders on the childish to stupid.

I support women's rights, but I am by no means a feminist. I also support the rights of children, minorities and you know what...even white men too!

You see, what you should be focusing your attention on is seeing that EVERYONE receives the respect and opportunities rightfully deserved of each representative of humanity (until of course through transgressing upon the rights of others one loses their own rights).

Instead of wanting to be a feminist, first shoot for educated adult, and then work towards being a person with common sense, and then maybe worry about the rights of everyone instead of any one particular group.

WillKempsgirl
ok,which one of yall thinks that women should have no rigs?WOMEN SHOULD HAVE RIGHTS!

pr1983
in my experience...

if i say "woman" in most cases its taken as a derogatory term...

if i say "girl" its taken in a good way...

i once referred to a woman as a "lady" and was accused of insinuating that she was old...

its not a case of belittling anybody in most cases (though i can understand why you see it that way, and yes there are some examples of it happening smile ).

i'm not saying its something that should be ignored, im just saying that guys get shit too...

yes there is a definate problem with rape cases nowadays, but what about the men who are falsely accused of raping a woman? guys get a pretty raw deal too...

yes i agree charging rape offenders is something that needs to be sorted, but its not a woman only problem...

a lot of men are villified nowadays... did you hear the case of john leslie?

fact is, if a woman accuses a man of rape, the guy is f*cked whether the accusation is false or not...

if he's guilty, then string him up, if he's innocent... well he deserves better...

First of all let me say i am truly sorry to hear that you have gone through what you have, nobody should be put through what you have been put through...

again though i must say, its not a female centered problem...

women can get away with almost anything nowadays...

they can degrade men all they want and pass it off as "just a laugh", they can harass and belittle men all they like, and what can the man do? nothing at all... because the general consensus is that he's "lucky" to have the attention...

while i agree women are entitled to all the rights they deserve, it shouldnt be at the expense of the truly decent men out there...

AdventChild
Originally posted by JToTheP
Well, find out who's a redneck from the south, and there ya go. yes laughing big grin laughing laughing out loud laughing

pr1983
please disregard this post

Morgoths_Wrath

IceWithin
you're WRONG

laughing ...but no, not all femminists are like that...

BackFire
I believe in womens rights, but by no means am I a feminist. In fact, most feminists annoy me on such a massive level that to be called one would cause me to commit suicide.

Take the original poster in this thread, for example. She says "men in this country forget that this is a free country and everyone is equal. note, she doesn't say "most men" or "some men" just "men, which insinuates that all men in this country forget this, and are somehow to blame for this. She generalizes, big time. It's this type of mentallity that gives feminism in general a severely bad name.

Feminism, in its most basic form is fine - wanting women to have an equal opportunity as men. The problem arises when women start asking for special treatments. For example, not to long ago there was a large push by numerous feminist organizations to allow women with , basically, severe periods, to have more days off then men. Obviously, this is utter bullshit and was, luckily, thrown out in the garbage where this idea belongs. Though the fact remains, many people attempted to pass it off as a valid excuse to miss work, and to get paid days off, more so then men. And you just know that if a woman who had to miss work because her vag was bleeding badly was fired, she'd go crazy and sue for sexual discrimination and blah blah blah.

So much utter bullshit is rolled up with feminism that it's given the whole word a bad name.

Now feminazi's, they're a whole different story.

Jedi_KnightAlly
One thing I think is extremely unfair, is the amount of email i get (mass circulated email of course) from my university, with people looking for women to do this, or ethnic minority women. This is all stuff to help them get a better job.

Why is it all aimed towards women? Because if it was aimed towards men then their would be a huge backlash.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for giving women and men equal opertunitys and getting the best they can. But it just seems a little unfair that their is nothing to help men now. Because people are scared of being labelled sexist.

Another thing, Diamond Car Insurance.... Only takes on women. If an insurance company only took on men, then their would be a huge uproar of "thats sexist".

pr1983
Originally posted by Jedi_KnightAlly
One thing I think is extremely unfair, is the amount of email i get (mass circulated email of course) from my university, with people looking for women to do this, or ethnic minority women. This is all stuff to help them get a better job.

Why is it all aimed towards women? Because if it was aimed towards men then their would be a huge backlash.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for giving women and men equal opertunitys and getting the best they can. But it just seems a little unfair that their is nothing to help men now. Because people are scared of being labelled sexist.

Another thing, Diamond Car Insurance.... Only takes on women. If an insurance company only took on men, then their would be a huge uproar of "thats sexist".

that diamond ad pisses me off so much...

there was a problem here in ireland, where a golf course didnt allow members...

there are several organistaions and clubs catering to only women, yet this one only male one gets shit about being sexist...

Jedi_KnightAlly
Originally posted by pr1983
that diamond ad pisses me off so much...

there was a problem here in ireland, where a golf course didnt allow members...

there are several organistaions and clubs catering to only women, yet this one only male one gets shit about being sexist...

Yeah it just seems that it only works one way. I'm telling you, in about 30 or so years, Men will be staying at home doing the housework, while women go out and earn the big cash. no expression

pr1983
Originally posted by Jedi_KnightAlly
Yeah it just seems that it only works one way. I'm telling you, in about 30 or so years, Men will be staying at home doing the housework, while women go out and earn the big cash. no expression

laughing you'd be surprised how common that already is... stick out tongue

RebelPhoenix
yes there is a definate problem with rape cases nowadays, but what about the men who are falsely accused of raping a woman? guys get a pretty raw deal too...

yes i agree charging rape offenders is something that needs to be sorted, but its not a woman only problem...

a lot of men are villified nowadays... did you hear the case of john leslie?

fact is, if a woman accuses a man of rape, the guy is f*cked whether the accusation is false or not...

if he's guilty, then string him up, if he's innocent... well he deserves better...

I just want to say thank you for the kind words and sympathy you have shown towards the personal experiences listed. I only wrote them as example but it was nice of you anyway.

In regards to the quote, this is the argument that is always presented when any type of reform is presented or suggested for rape cases, yes rape is bad but what about the innocent men? It's always about the innocent men who are supposedly accused all the time. It's never, what about the fact that women have been contiually raped since the beginning of recorded human time and if the archaeology, history texts and the animal kingdom the anything to go by probably before as well. People are more concerned with the men who are accused rather then the increasing number of recorded rape and and the overwhelming numbers of cases that are closed, never taken to court and unsolved as well as unrecorded. I don't agree with the few women who take ruin it for the millions of real rape victims, but that's the point, there is no balance or it's completely unbalanced. People are so pre-occupied with them and it's getting harder and harder for a victim to get through a court case or even to court or even finding the rapist if it was a stranger.

When it comes down to it, if a man or even a woman is accused (in this country anyway) they will spend one night in custody under questioning which is fair enough in the sense that if anybody is accused of anything they will taken in for questioning not just rape and guilty or not. If the police think they have the answers they need or the solicitor/barrister (if a barrister is involved) thinks they can win, gather enough evidence & testimony or give a strong case only then does it go to court and most do not get that far. So in the bigger persepective, whose getting the raw deal?

As for John Leslie, that case was not conclusive and it is not representative of 'innocent men' in rape cases and how they are treated at all, it was merely because he was a celebrity that it got all that publicity. Plus, this case involved two celebrities not just one. If it had been 'normal' people it wouldn't have gotten the attention it did and in many a rape case if it goes to court, the defendent usually has a number of character witnesses who aren't going to say 'yes, he's a bastard and most likely did do it' and the line of questioning aimed at the plaintiff is not easy or in many cases sympathetic. Rape is an incredibly difficult thing to prove unless there are obvious circumstances and witnesses but this is hardly ever the situation and in many cases will end up as inconclusive based on a lack of evidence other then the specific testimonies of the plaintif(s) and defendant(s). Many things are taken into account even things like whether she smiled at him or other such things that could have led him on, as if that's any justification but when it comes to getting the cut, representatives in court don't generall care.

If a person is innocent of any crime, then yes they deserve better, they shouldn't be accused or suspected in the first place, but that's in an ideal world and it unfortunately is not and rape is the worst of crimes other then cold blooded murder/torture to the point of. It's not practical and any suspect has to be at least questioned.

I'd also like to add again that sexual crimes are predominantly by men against women and attacks of a physical nature are usually accompanied by sexual harm inthe process. In the majority of cases where a man will be beaten as a victim a woman will be sexually assaulted or raped on top of it.

As for sexism not being a female centred problem, I didn't mean to imply that it was and I mentioned that it includes men, children, the issue and prejudices with homosexuality, paternal rights etc but I didn't go into them because I was responding primarily to the thread.

Women can get away with almost anything? I think that may be a generalisation and stereotype in itself and can be applied to many of the major issues from race to homosexuality to immigration or old age for axample. Take out the word 'women' and replace it with an appropriate term from the other issue groups and you've got the same line many 'anti' arguments use which usually intended to sweep complaints under the carpet.

Personally I dislike attention from people whistling, making comments thinking they're compliments or are arrogant enough to think you'd be flattered or make fun etc. I get that shite every single day but it's still more of a male orientated area. Hence the policies that were set a few years ago to stop builders from belittling or commenting etc towards female passerby's, the fact that there was a need for an official policy highlighted that it was a definite problem. Do you think that the number of boisterous and in some cases downright rude women or girls doing the same to men has increased to the point of being equal or more? It may be the case and if so I regret that and point out that the 'job' of feminists includes looking after all victims of sexism, it's just because the the victims of sexual discrimination have mainly been women in the past and the term 'feminism' that people don't seem to see it and known feminists in the media are continually having to argue that they are not just about the treatment of women but they are of course mainly associated with them.

Back to the whistling etc all I can say is that from everyone I've known it's my female friends that get it the most and other then when by myself, I only get it with my female friends and not male ones. It may also be partially dependent on the area in which people live as well as to how overtly obvious it is but in lond you do not see as many women watching men's arses as they walk down the street or whistling, trying to talk to them, or generally commenting. When that does blatantly happen it usually involves places which people associate with 'socialising' like pubs and bars etc and then yes, people of both sexes are doing it.

Also when I'm out with my partner, people always treat me like shit or as if I'm non existent. For example, when I'm with him and we go out, the people at the place will start talking to me and then just look at me as if I couldn't possibly understand and start talking to him instead and when people ask for directions they just look over me and ask him. Yet I'm the one who usually has the answers because I travel more and when I start talking they look at me with surprised expressions. It really pisses me off and maybe I'm just a magnet for rude behaviour lol but it happens continually.

Anyway I have to go for the moment but thanks again for responding calmly, it's nice to have debates or conversations with people without the defensive rudeness or aggressiveness all the time - I deal with enough of that for a living!

pr1983
Please dont misunderstand me...

any man who rapes a woman deserves to be put away for years...

yes reform is needed... and more measures are needed to help these women deal and get through whats happened...

all im saying is that cant it be done without making those men who are genuinely innocent suffer?

its fair... if something as serious as rape happens to a woman, the police must be sure that they get all the information they need... sure they could make it easier on the woman but only to an extent... its the same with any crime, it has to be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt...

my point about john leslie was simply this... before any judgement had been passed, he lost his job, his career and was vilified by national media as a rapist... and he hadnt even been proven guilty... the same thing happens to any man even if he's innocent just on a smaller scale...

put it this way...

i go out tomorrow, meet up with a woman, go back to hers, have sex and then in the morning she remembers shes married and cries rape...

word travels fast... i'd probably lose any job i had, my family wont know how to look at me and even my friends wouldnt know what to think...

thats my life f*cked...

of course it, i agree totally, but what happens when i get into a fight with a woman and she smacks me over the head with something heavy?

because im in the minority should i be treated differently? i shouldnt, but i will, why? because of the simple fact im a man...

any assault on a woman (unless in self defence) imo is inexcusable, i agree... but isnt also inexcusable when the shoe is on the other foot?

Its cool... big grin

its not a generalisation imo... its from personal experience...

i had a very similar conversation with another member of kmc a while back, ill use the example i used then...

a man and a woman go for a job, both have the same qualifications and are relatively professional...

if the man is hired the woman is perfectly entitled to go and sue the company for sexual discrimination... and she could very well win...

would the man win in the same situation?

sexual harassment cases continue to grow and grow, and nowadays if a man looks at a woman the wrong way he can be successfully sued...

And finally... PMS... its a fact of life that anything a woman says or does can have PMS attached as an excuse for ridiciulous behaviour...

its even been used as a defence for murder...

i am not saying for one minute that it is all women, but there are plenty who would use their femininity as a bargaining tool...

and just to be clear, i dont intend to sweep anything under the carpet...

ive dealt with racism perpetrated against me and my friends and girlfriend many times...

im sorry to hear you were treated like that by the builders...

i am not saying for one second that its more women than men harassing the opposite gender, but i believe its more men than we know of due to the fact so many would refuse to take action...

ive heard several claims about feminists trying to help all victims of sexism (im not an expert on feminism nor would ever claim to be)... but are they helping men as much as they are women? if so could i see a link?

again, being in a minority doesnt excuse any behaviour... being a man doesnt mean me being harassed by a female coworker is any less important than if the positions were reversed...

Forgive me but, how many female builders do you see daily? i would think the number of male builders greatly outweighs the number of female ones... and are there even any openly gay ones that would whistle at men as they walk by?

Yes the whistling is wrong, but construction (the labour side) is primarily composed of men... theres always going to be one idiot...

as for the women watching the men? spend a saturday night in dublin... you'll see it then, and yes even in the street... stick out tongue

may i ask, is it mostly men who ask him instead of you?

as for directions... you know a man never asks a woman for directions... stick out tongue

its not a problem...

ms_erupt

Feminism is in a lot of ways like fascism. Your average Fascist will disregard any scientific argument unless the conclusion supports his existing belief. The ideology comes first and the Fascist looks for anything to back it up, no matter how trivial, unreliable or discredited. Much like today's feminists and their ideology. Fascists attempt to rationalize their beliefs and portray them as truth by twisting the facts. A fascist might, for example, cast blame for unemployment and work discontent on immigrants "stealing" their jobs. Feminists similarly cast blame for women's lower average pay onto another party (men). Both feminists and fascists are quick to cast blame on someone else for anything that goes wrong in their lives. Most feminists seem to conform to feminist stereotypes. I can usually pick out a feminist in a croud of women. She'll usually have short hair, regular pants, a regular shirt, and an unbathed look; she'll look very much like a stereotypical guy. I think why a feminist might appear like this is to make a statement that "if men can do it and be accepted, then women should be able to". How bold, to go around and look like a stereotypical guy as opposed to a stereotypical girl. Who cares? Either way, you're an ass for thinking anybody cares about the statement you're making. If you're trying to prove a point to the average guy that's only concerned with women as sex objects, you're wasting your time. A guy that's concerned with women as sex objects is going to be concerned with women as sex objects regardless of how you look. Not every woman will share feminist ideals, so a possible argument that "if all women did it, then guys would have to respect us" isn't very realistic. If you really want to make a point, surgically remove your breasts. Or is that going too far? Feminism serves as nothing more than a wedge to further seperate the sexes, segregating men and women into cultures that wouldn't otherwise exist. I didn't even through all of the pages of shit, sorry, posts in here, but I this one have me special pause. If these are the traits that make you a fascist, then every other jackass posting their "opinions" on the internet is a fascist.

Anyhow, I think a true feminist cares more about making sure that women have the same rights as males than they do about "making a statement" and man bashing. I consider myself a feminist and I refer to most girls as either chicks or bitches. But, at the end of the day I'm still the person who will take it to the street and stand up for someone who I think is being treated unfairly because of their gender (be they a woman or a man) or any other trivial reason. The problem is that some chicks (there I go again) take the movement too seriously and some guys dont' take it seriously enough. Find a middle ground people. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Court Radcliffe
i'm a feminist!! smile

Fire

Very Broad definition of a feminist tho

((The_Anomaly))
Oh. my. god.

Please tell me what is a REAL feminist?! Please! I am eagerly anticipating at your deffinition of a REAL feminist.

yes, badly worded on my part. what I meant was that sure, women, all women, now feel that they should have equal rights to men, and most men will say the same thing. however, i know many girls who think that and do not consider themselves feminists, as a matter of fact most girls i know find the stereotypical feminists completely stupid as well.

so what i mean is that i didnt vote in the poll, cause the 2 possible answers are not what i think. i think that women should have equal rights (which you DO have now BTW) but im not a feminist.

so what i meant by "real" was the women who go on and on about "the glass ceiling" and all that crap..

Catherine CSI
Equality... rubbish.
Why can't I see half-naked or naked guys at the magazines, commercials and everywhere else? Is there any other way to get a man's attention than naked girls? That's pathetic.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Catherine CSI
Equality... rubbish.
Why can't I see half-naked or naked guys at the magazines, commercials and everywhere else? Is there any other way to get a man's attention than naked girls? That's pathetic.

You can see plenty of half naked guys on magazines, but I was under the understanding that men were more sexually aroused by visual stimulation than women.

And yes there are other ways of geting a man's attention, however naked women are still the best. wink

((The_Anomaly))
Equality... rubbish.

first off, yes equality.

are these "half naked" women forced into doing it? no, they are not.

these women made a CHOICE to do it, and get paid for it, which is exactly what women fought for. freedom of choice.

as well i see half naked guys on TV and magazines all the damn time.

and calling men pathetic only proves your ignorance.

ShotgunWes
Just abvout everyone believes in womens rights so you can't say that you're a feminist just because you belive in women's rights. It's already equal. Actually women have it easier because they can ***** and moan and say that they didn't get their way because they are women. Men have to pay for all the dates and what-not. Personally I'd LOVE to date a REAL feminsit who is willing to pay for her own freakin dinner! Feminist sheminist.

How many feminsits do you see trying to get the law changed so that women can also get drafted?
NONE
They want to play it both ways, they want all the perks without all the sacrifices. When it comes down to it they still think that men should "take care" of them. And when I say take care I really do mean take care. Whether it's paying for the date or getting drafted.

END RANT.

Darth Revan
A true feminist is someone who believes in, and often works for, equal rights for both sexes. The "stereotypical" feminist people are bringing up is not a true feminist because she acts as if women should have more rights than men... Which isn't feminism.

ShotgunWes, a little update, since you seem to be stuck in the 60's: we have no draft for anyone in the states, and as many if not most feminists are liberal, they also oppose the draft. For both sexes.

Where do you get this idea that feminists still want men to "take care" of them? Have you asked a politically active female feminist? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Frankly your whole post was bullshit, just a stupid tantrum about how all the women you've dated were bitches. Tough luck there pal, but it's your own problem if women who are attracted to you are all self-centered fake feminists.

ShotgunWes
First off, they could re-instate the draft at any moment. And no women would be drafted and you would hear no women complaining about it. You can't generalize all feminists as being liberal. I have no problem with the way things are whether it's paying for a date or taking care of my daughter. I just brought up the dates and the draft as examples of how women want it both ways. You want equal rights for women? How about equal parental rights? Why is it that women always get prioriity over men in custody disputes. And no I am not generallizing, because I know for a fact that women get priority because I am in law school and I intern in the summer. My point was that it's already equal if not unequal in the favor of females. So I don't see what all the bitching is about.

HarmoNiC FLo

thanks for not being the usual dumbass feminist. good post. and i am for womens rights

HarmoNiC FLo
dont you guys hate when some stupid ***** complains about chivalry being dead and all yet still want equality? most women deserve wife beater guys..really. i've only seen a few decent women in my life who dont b!tch and moan about every little sh!t they come across and then when they get it, want more and more.

if you ask me, if women really care about fairness they should open their minds and care about being genuine and have a decent character aswell - perhaps then they would deserve the recognition of female rights given to them.

Catherine CSI
Ladies and gentlemen, if you read the book "Why Men Lie And Women Cry", you'd know the typical behaviour of both women and men. And you wouldn't call them bitches for no good reason. A man can be bitchy too, and if you ever saw a man nagging, you'd know it's much worse. I see you all have a degree in psychology, so you can explain something. Why can a guy have five girls and still be the coolest man in town? Why can't a woman do the same without being judged?

ShotgunWes
I'm not going to read that book because I can tell in the title that it is biased against men. And I'd rather not fill my brain with that useless drivel. You say that when a man bitches it is much worse. Why? I'll tell you why. It's because men are taught to shut up and take it. BE A MAN! It's how they are programmed since they are born.

Men are taught to treat women with respect and all that jazz, and most do. But how many women have respect for men. If you are such a feminist, why don't you pay for your own way the next time you are on a date?

The truth is that if women had their way men would be 2nd class citizens.

pr1983
Originally posted by ShotgunWes
Men are taught to treat women with respect and all that jazz, and most do. But how many women have respect for men. If you are such a feminist, why don't you pay for your own way the next time you are on a date?

i'd actually tend to agree...

alot of women (not all by any means) don't make half the effort to respect a man as much as vice versa...

yes there are guys who are pr!cks, im not denying that...

Catherine CSI
Oh, yes, it's true. How can I be that stupid? I read the whole book not just the title. How can you judge something you don't know? In that book, you can read about both sides, how stupid and how smart they are. And the most important is you can learn why. It's really interesting, and it's science, honey, so everyone (girls and boys) must accept it. The good things and the bad things, too. It's not like: "I don't like this or that.", because that's the way it is.

Bardock42
Oh, yes, it's true. How can I be that stupid? I read the whole book not just the title. How can you judge something you don't know? In that book, you can read about both sides, how stupid and how smart they are. And the most important is you can learn why. It's really interesting, and it's science, honey, so everyone (girls and boys) must accept it. The good things and the bad things, too. It's not like: "I don't like this or that.", because that's the way it is.
Hahaha.....its psychology if at all.....its a try thingy...possible but not necessarily true....

pr1983

You talking to me?

Bardock42
You talking to me?

" I don't see anybody else around, so you must be talkin' to me" ...love that move.

But I bet she's not, every girl in the world looks for a guy who likes Cyclops and Superman (if possible Cap A too) the most....that guy is a keeper (well chances are he's homosexual but pr is not stick out tongue)

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Darth Revan
A true feminist is someone who believes in, and often works for, equal rights for both sexes. The "stereotypical" feminist people are bringing up is not a true feminist because she acts as if women should have more rights than men... Which isn't feminism.

ShotgunWes, a little update, since you seem to be stuck in the 60's: we have no draft for anyone in the states, and as many if not most feminists are liberal, they also oppose the draft. For both sexes.

Where do you get this idea that feminists still want men to "take care" of them? Have you asked a politically active female feminist? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Frankly your whole post was bullshit, just a stupid tantrum about how all the women you've dated were bitches. Tough luck there pal, but it's your own problem if women who are attracted to you are all self-centered fake feminists.

Impressive reply DR happy

lil bitchiness
Just to add at the end..

DR hit the nail on the head - i love the oxymorons in this thread - ''i believe women should have equal rights but im not a feminist''

Priceless.

The rest replys are just not even worth replying to - pick up a Judith Butler book then come back to argue, as majority here dont even know what feminism is.

It is evident that many are afraid of it, otherwise they wouldnt be saying stuff like ''i believe women should be equal to men, byt I AM NOT A feminist!!!''

Its actually more amusing than it is enragning. Ignorance is always funny.

pr1983
" I don't see anybody else around, so you must be talkin' to me" ...love that move.

But I bet she's not, every girl in the world looks for a guy who likes Cyclops and Superman (if possible Cap A too) the most....that guy is a keeper (well chances are he's homosexual but pr is not stick out tongue)

i actually despise cap...

i never claimed to...

Bardock42
Or care what feminism is.....

Well yes I know...thats why I said it would be perfect if someone would like cap too.

pr1983
Or care what feminism is.....

Well yes I know...thats why I said it would be perfect if someone would like cap too.

why would it?

Bardock42
why would it?

Cause he is like the nicest boy scout of them all.....god I hate him

pr1983
Cause he is like the nicest boy scout of them all.....god I hate him

laughing

i just dont like him...

pr1983
(

Bardock42
(

This did not work out as it was supposed to be did it?

Big Evil
Bahh, how are ANY of you femenists? You don't even defend the idea anymore!

You conform to the coporations idea of womanhood by buying thier gross cosemetics which they test on animals and put on you as a marking of ownership.

You wear thier revealing and skimpy outfits to prove that you can fit-in with the cool crowd and submit your dignity and pride in exchange for a little attention.

You have no right to call yourself a femenist, you disgrace the femenist movment by feeding into the capitalist-matrix and idoly worshipping plastic celebreties and phantasm ideals..

pr1983
This did not work out as it was supposed to be did it?

accidental double post... my bad...

Bardock42
accidental double post... my bad...
Double post...two hours later stick out tongue.....

pr1983
Double post...two hours later stick out tongue.....

huh... well i didnt post... so i have no idea what happened...

Bardock42
huh... well i didnt post... so i have no idea what happened...

I belive you stick out tongue

pr1983
I belive you stick out tongue

ok... no expression stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.