Comic Book Questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



DarkCrawler
Ask here what ever you want about comics. Me or someone else can find an answer and give it to you. smile

This is so we don't have to make an new thread for every question that we want to ask.

DigiMark007
Great thread idea. Here's mine.

What exactly can Genis-Vell, and the nega-bands, do?

I've seen a lot written recently about him trashing King Thor, and while I've read his Marvel bio it doesn't do a great job expounding upon his abilities.

-DM

DarkCrawler
Here are some things that I found.

Genis-Vell's powers:




Nega Bands:



Some better ones:



And here is the site I found the better description from. Should answer lot of questions about Capt. Marvel.

Blair Wind
nice thread idea......i know there are some questions that i wanted to ask...but now i cant remember...but ill come back and ask later

DigiMark007
Thanks DC

nigel45
Cool. I was just thinking about asking this question in a new thread, but looks like I don't have to.

Bart Allen (Impulse/Kid Flash) is Barry Allen's grandson right? So who are Bart's parents? I ask because I didn't think Barry had any kids, making grandkids a little difficult...

DigiMark007
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/bart.html

It's rather complicated but this should answer your Bart questions...as I understand it, his parents no longer exist because he was conceived in the future and the future he knew no longer exists....something like that. The site says it better.

-DM

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/twins.html

Don (the guy in this link) is his father....Barry's son in the 30th century. These two died at some point and somehow Bart was sent back in time to present day.

armandovalles
yo Blair Wind i luv ur signature. Superman: Godfall was an awesome book.

armandovalles
I have a question also by the way. Okay, i heard somewhere that the original Thunderstrike, Kevin Masterson, was Thor's son. But i just recently read Thor #70, and it says in their that Magni (the red-haired Thor look-a-like) is actually Thor's son. So which one is Thor's REAL son? or are they both?

Sentry
Magni is Thor's Son from an alternate future reality. Amora The Enchantress is his mother. Thunderstrike is Eric Masterson. Was given a mystic uru hammer and Thor like power by Odin and Thor. Thunderstrike is not Thor's son. Kevin Masterson, Thunderstrike II is Eric's son.

nigel45
Originally posted by DigiMark007
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/bart.html

It's rather complicated but this should answer your Bart questions...as I understand it, his parents no longer exist because he was conceived in the future and the future he knew no longer exists....something like that. The site says it better.

-DM

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/twins.html

Don (the guy in this link) is his father....Barry's son in the 30th century. These two died at some point and somehow Bart was sent back in time to present day.

Cool. Thanks alot Digi. As I expected, his story doesn't make a whole lot of sense, at least not to me.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by armandovalles
yo Blair Wind i luv ur signature. Superman: Godfall was an awesome book.

Thanks...ok heres my question: why do Hulks pants never rip??

ok real question: does anyone know why Xavier used Sage as a spy and trained her without the other X-men knowing? and why he said that she would never be as good as his X-men and that she was nothing but a spy? thanks to whoever can help

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Great thread idea. Here's mine.

What exactly can Genis-Vell, and the nega-bands, do?

I've seen a lot written recently about him trashing King Thor, and while I've read his Marvel bio it doesn't do a great job expounding upon his abilities.

-DM

that isn't actually an answerable question at present.... Genis is appearing in New Thunderbolts... his powers have changed due to a near death experience.... and he's now going by the name "Photon"..... which i thought was stupid because the female Captain Marvel changed her name to Photon years ago (strange coincidence...sick ) but at the end of issue 8 it looks like they are going to deal with that as you see her finding out about a "Photon" on the New Thunderbolts team

Genis himself doesn't know what his powers are exactly at present and is getting the Radioactive Man (or R-Man) to help test them out

My Question...... (Thunderbolts related also) .... does anyone else think the "Swordsman" will be revealed as NOMAD? (Jack Munroe)
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/5655/paraphen.html
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/5655/file.html

he seems to have the right blend of fighting ability, usefulness with weaponry, agility.... and he's been controlled before in T-Bolts (as Scourge) ....Swordsman is being controlled by Purple Man...... which is also stupid because in New Avengers Purple man was one of the guys on "The Raft" (the super prison) he put off his escape to f**k with cage's head... then Cage beat him so bad that he should still be in hospital..... not running around on rooftops meeting the Sworsdman

at the moment he's my guess for the Swordsman's identity

DarkCrawler
Okay.

Here is mine question: Is Radioactive Man good or evil? Because I saw him being good on new Thunderbolts, but then he was killing people in Black Panther. Or does the Black Panther series situate on the past?

manjaro
i had a feeling this would happen. a few ideas like this was tried about a year ago and it only yeilded more questions than answers, but here's mine anyway. what ever happened to doomsday in action comics? when Darksied came looking for him, and supes smacked him back in his boomtube then Gog showed up beat supes ass they still never explained what happened to doomsday

DarkCrawler
I don't know...maybe you could try to post the issue number, and I could try to find something.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Thanks...ok heres my question: why do Hulks pants never rip??

ok real question: does anyone know why Xavier used Sage as a spy and trained her without the other X-men knowing? and why he said that she would never be as good as his X-men and that she was nothing but a spy? thanks to whoever can help

armandovalles
Radioactive Man is actually evil in New Thunderbolts. Atlas has suspected this for a while, but it has never been stated to whether it is true or not. So yea, Radioactive Man is a bad guy.

Scoobless
Originally posted by armandovalles
Radioactive Man is actually evil in New Thunderbolts. Atlas has suspected this for a while, but it has never been stated to whether it is true or not. So yea, Radioactive Man is a bad guy.

i read the first 8 issues the other day and he did nothing to make me belive he is evil..... please explain how you came to that conclusion

and what do you think about this?

My Question...... (Thunderbolts related also) .... does anyone else think the "Swordsman" will be revealed as NOMAD? (Jack Munroe)
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/5655/paraphen.html
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/5655/file.html

he seems to have the right blend of fighting ability, usefulness with weaponry, agility.... and he's been controlled before in T-Bolts (as Scourge) ....Swordsman is being controlled by Purple Man...... which is also stupid because in New Avengers Purple man was one of the guys on "The Raft" (the super prison) he put off his escape to f**k with cage's head... then Cage beat him so bad that he should still be in hospital..... not running around on rooftops meeting the Sworsdman

at the moment he's my guess for the Swordsman's identity

armandovalles
Okay, has anyone read the Ultimate X-Men saga called "Cry Wolf"? Well, in one of those issue Wolverine sticks his claws in Gambit's face and Gambit grabs them, making them glow purple because they are now charged with kinetic energy. Well, Gambt said that if he let go he could destroy wolverine's adamantium skeleton, do u think that's true? cuz i thought Adamantium was supposed to be indestructible.

Blair Wind
but its inorganic right??? idk.....but i have question (u can disregard the other one)....I was looking through some old wizard magizines and in issue 79 someone was talking to Alex Ross and he was talking about how there was a hidden sex scene in Kingdom Come....so i went got my kingdom come graphic novel and looked for it....but i cant find it (and i just want to be able to say that I found it dammit!) but oh well anyone know were it is?? PLEASE?????

DarkCrawler
This has not been revealed yet.

My guess is that Xavier is an sneaky bastard.



Jack Munroe, Nomad was killed recently by an unknown assasin in Captain America (v5) Issue #3.



Don't know the place, but maybe he is meaning something with Superman and Wonder Woman (Wonder Woman is pregnant in the end of Kingdom Come, after all.)

Blair Wind
anyone else??? thanks DC for trying

DarkCrawler
No problem.

Scoobless
hey DarkCrawler... i read your spoiler and i just wanted to ask... was it definitely shown that Jack Munroe died? how was he killed?... i don't read Cap so i didn't see any of it.

DarkCrawler
Well, He looked very dead. Here is the pic if you want to see it: Link

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK UNLESS YOU WANT SPOILERS (meant for the others)

Scoobless
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Well, He looked very dead. Here is the pic if you want to see it: Link

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK UNLESS YOU WANT SPOILERS (meant for the others)

ok.... he looks kinda dead..... but it's possible he was shot with high impact tranqs or nanites.... or some other comic book BS.... (it is Marvel after all)...*he said while grasping at straws*..... maybe it's USAgent then... the Swordsman i mean... not seen him in a while

BENITO
HOW EXACTLY DID CASSANDRA NOVA turn into a Jelly Fish?

DarkCrawler
Cassandra's psychic essence was driven away from her body and it started to weaken.

BENITO
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Cassandra's psychic essence was driven away from her body and it started to weaken.
cool.

armandovalles
i have a few questions:

1) How strong is Major Force?

2) Is Firelord's fire actually fire, or is it some kind of cosmic energy?

3) Every site i go on it says Drax is cl 40. I dont believe this. Every time he fights the hulk, he kicks his ass. And dont say its cuz he has the power gem, cuz he only had the power gem once when he fought the hulk, but he has fought him like 4 times. I also heard something about he has a second, more buff, incarnation that got upgraded to a high cl 100, so i think that might be the one that always fight hulk.

4) How fast can Wonder Man (ionic) fly?

DarkCrawler
1. You mean the Green Latern villain? I think that it has never been stated.

2. "Firelord possesses the ability to manipulate cosmic energy in the form of stellar fire. His entire organic carbon-based body was transformed to accommodate the nuclear energies that course through him. These energies make him the humanoid equivalent of a miniature sun. Projected from any point on his body at mental command, Firelords energies encompass the entire electromagnetic spectrum possessed by a star: heat, light, gravity, radio waves, and charged particles. The maximum amount of energy he can produce at once is determined by his mass. When all the atoms of his body are in fusion, his energy level is equivalent to the outer layers of a small star. By the slightest manifestation of his stellar powers, he can burn through any Earthly substance (with the exception of Adamantium). He can project a stream of fire resembling a solar flare for distances measured in the hundreds of miles. Firelord can control the path of his cosmic fire to such an extent that he can project a sustained ring at a fixed distance around a person or object"

3. Drax uses cosmic energy, doesn't he? I think he is able to augment his strength to increase into upper levels with it. Maybe he is Class 40 without using the cosmic powers to augment his strenght.

4. Not calculated. I guess that as he is composed by ionic energy, he can fly as fast as ionic energies that power him...I am not an expert on this, though.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
3. Drax uses cosmic energy, doesn't he? I think he is able to augment his strength to increase into upper levels with it. Maybe he is Class 40 without using the cosmic powers to augment his strenght.

Drax can't really be killed by physical means... so what he lacks in strength he more than makes up for with invulnerability and cosmic energies

although he does seem to be stronger than class 40

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/drax.html

DarkCrawler
Okay.

armandovalles
i have another question. Is there a difference between these two Genis-Vell's? like, is one more powerful than the other?
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/capmarvel/CaptainMarvel-Genis-Starlin.gifhttp://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/capmarvel/CaptainMarvel-Genis5-Starlin.gif

Sentry
Originally posted by armandovalles



4) How fast can Wonder Man (ionic) fly?

I can sort of anwser this one. After Wonder Man returned from Mephisto's realm, he collected most of his powers fron the Crazy 8, and right after that issue he flew part way to Kanem, and battled Professor Hulk in Wonderman #26, and he kept up with F-14's. He can fly at least Mach 1. Possibly faster if focused, upset, or angered.

Scoobless
Originally posted by armandovalles
4) How fast can Wonder Man (ionic) fly?

"Wonder Man can fly by tapping releasing the by-products of the ionic energy interactions within his body unidirectionaly through his skin. The process resembled the workings of a noiseless nuclear powered jet engine. It is unknown the top speed at which Wonder Man can fly, but he can apparently reach escape velocity with ease and journey into outer space under his own power."

http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/WBIO1g.htm

ESCAPE VELOCITY: "From the surface of the Earth, escape velocity (ignoring air friction) is about 7 miles per second, or 25,000 miles per hour. Given that initial speed, an object needs no additional force applied to completely escape Earth's gravity."

http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae158.cfm

"At sea level on a standard day the speed of sound is about 760 MPH"

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen01/gen01184.htm

25,000mph = just under Mach 33.... and he can achieve this WITH EASE!

big grin

armandovalles
that's incredible. I mean, I knew WM was fast, but not THAT fast!

Sentry
Originally posted by Scoobless
"Wonder Man can fly by tapping releasing the by-products of the ionic energy interactions within his body unidirectionaly through his skin. The process resembled the workings of a noiseless nuclear powered jet engine. It is unknown the top speed at which Wonder Man can fly, but he can apparently reach escape velocity with ease and journey into outer space under his own power."

http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/WBIO1g.htm

ESCAPE VELOCITY: "From the surface of the Earth, escape velocity (ignoring air friction) is about 7 miles per second, or 25,000 miles per hour. Given that initial speed, an object needs no additional force applied to completely escape Earth's gravity."

http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae158.cfm

"At sea level on a standard day the speed of sound is about 760 MPH"

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen01/gen01184.htm

25,000mph = just under Mach 33.... and he can achieve this WITH EASE!

big grin

smart a$$. stick out tongue If he's that fast, can't he keep up with Wonder Woman's flight speed? Isn't her flight speed like mach 10 or a little higher?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sentry
smart a$$. stick out tongue If he's that fast, can't he keep up with Wonder Woman's flight speed? Isn't her flight speed like mach 10 or a little higher?

he shouldn't have any difficulty keeping up ... or surpassing her....and as he's practically indestructable, doesn't have to breath and can see into different spectrums he shouldn't suffer any ill effects from travelling at full speed

DarkCrawler
Whoa. Wonder Man is FAST. I have never known all that.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by armandovalles
i have another question. Is there a difference between these two Genis-Vell's? like, is one more powerful than the other?
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/capmarvel/CaptainMarvel-Genis-Starlin.gifhttp://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/capmarvel/CaptainMarvel-Genis5-Starlin.gif

Just different costumes.

armandovalles
oh ok. i really neede some clarification on that Genis-Vell thing, thanx.

life is cruell
i have a question about rogues current powers and how she lost her marvel powers

DarkCrawler
Rogue lost her powers after fighting Vargas using all the powers she had ever absorbed (Sage give her an upgrade). She burned herself out and has only her absorption powers now.

armandovalles
i have another few questions.

1) I heard Drax and thanos went at it one time and they destroyd a planet(s) in the process of their fight. Is this true? If so, did Thanos have his reality Gem? and Did Drax have his Power Gem?

2) Can Drax fly at Warp Speeds light Gladiator and Silver Surfer, or is he slower? If he's slower, is it by alot, or just a little?

3) I realize the list of the most powerful Marvel beings goes like this for the first couple:
1) LT
2) Eternity
3) Infinity

But who is higher on the list and who is more powerful, Death or Galactus (Full Power)?

Bishop X
I got a ? What exactly happened to Sammy the Fish boy? I mean I know he's dead and all but I need specifics.

armandovalles
He was killed by Black Tom Cassidy. BTC ripped him apart literally limb from limb.

armandovalles
one more question - What issue of what comic was it that Gladiator fought Ego the Living Planet?

armandovalles
sry, but im gonna still have more.

Here's one:

How strong is Maxam? (the guy from Infinity War/Crusade) is he Class 100?
Is he as strong as:
1) Thing?
2) Wonder Man?
3) Abomination?
4) Thor?
5) Hercules?

DarkCrawler
I have never even heard from that character...I tried to look up some pages, but nothing showed his strength level...can you list some feats he has done?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by armandovalles
i have another few questions.

1) I heard Drax and thanos went at it one time and they destroyd a planet(s) in the process of their fight. Is this true? If so, did Thanos have his reality Gem? and Did Drax have his Power Gem?

2) Can Drax fly at Warp Speeds light Gladiator and Silver Surfer, or is he slower? If he's slower, is it by alot, or just a little?

3) I realize the list of the most powerful Marvel beings goes like this for the first couple:
1) LT
2) Eternity
3) Infinity

But who is higher on the list and who is more powerful, Death or Galactus (Full Power)?

1. They most likely had both of their gems. At least Drax must have had his gem, I doubt that he would have shown that kind of ability without the Gem.

2. He is able to fly at warp speeds. (It would take him years to cross space, even if he had lightspeed)

3. They both are the fundamental forces of universe, aren't they? I believe that Death is a little bit of higher in the hierarchy then Galactus. I don't have lot of knowledge about cosmic entities, though.

manjaro
is juggernaut over his hump yet? meaning after he pissed of cytorrak and had his power drained i heard something to the effect of he might be slowly regaining his strentgh.. of course that was before he got sucked in that black hole but is any of this true?

Sentry
Is Orion physically stronger than the Savage Hulk? smile

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by manjaro
is juggernaut over his hump yet? meaning after he pissed of cytorrak and had his power drained i heard something to the effect of he might be slowly regaining his strentgh.. of course that was before he got sucked in that black hole but is any of this true?

He was not showing any growing in his strenght even before the black hole incedent. When lifting weight, he was struggling and he was way under Colossus level.



Nobody is. wink

armandovalles
Originally posted by armandovalles
sry, but im gonna still have more.

Here's one:

How strong is Maxam? (the guy from Infinity War/Crusade) is he Class 100?
Is he as strong as:
1) Thing?
2) Wonder Man?
3) Abomination?
4) Thor?
5) Hercules?

Knocked out Strong Guy in one punch. Classic She-Hulk then retaliated in defense of strong Guy, and in doing that she hit Maxam with a barrage of full powered punches, yet they had no effect at all on Maxam. Then back-handed she-Hulk and knocked her out.

DarkCrawler
Probably Class 100 then.

armandovalles
have another question -

What exactly are Eros' (Thanos' Brother) powers?

Zahit
Originally posted by armandovalles
have another question -
What exactly are Eros' (Thanos' Brother) powers?
He's an eternal of titan.
he can lift 15 tons, fly, super endurance, durability, and he has
the psionic ability to stimulate the pleasure centers of anyone's brain.
that's why he gets laid so often.
this trick didn't work on Thanos, cause he has no pleasure centers in his brain.
probably why he turned out a nihilistic goth eternal....

DarkCrawler
I actually have some questions too...

1. What is the Void?

2. Did Sentry REALLY stalemate Galactus?

3. If he did, was it full-power, or weakened, hungry Galactus?

Blair Wind
dont know about those question but here are mine
1) how many times has Supes cheated with WonderWoman?
2) why did Zod have a "tractor beam" in Superman 2
3) Why did Johnathan die in the movies (im guessing that happened in action comics also, but then why is he still alive and kicking in regular DC universe??

DarkCrawler
1. Never in the regular comic continuity, I'm sure.

2. The movie? I haven't seen it.

3. Because the movies don't directly follow comics, I guess.

DarkCrawler
Well, I have another question:

Are Midnighter and Apollo gay? I mean, in the real sense of word. smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Well, I have another question:

Are Midnighter and Apollo gay? I mean, in the real sense of word. smile

yes... they're married

Sentry
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I actually have some questions too...

1. What is the Void?

2. Did Sentry REALLY stalemate Galactus?

3. If he did, was it full-power, or weakened, hungry Galactus?

1. It's entity or persona of Sentry that was created when he drank that serum. The Void is practically the opposite of what Sentry is. Sentry is the ying, Void is the yang. The dark part of Sentry's mind manifesting itself into a tangible being, and that the only reason why Sentry was the only one who could battle the Void, because he was practically battling himself. Wrestling with his own mind, his own demons. At the end of his mini-series Sentry said that the Void had become it's own master, and that by forgetting that he was ever the Sentry wouldn't work.

2. Acoording to Spiderman in the Sentry/Spidey oneshot, Sentry did stalemate Galactus. If you can find another comic that says other wise, please tell me the issue name and number.

3. It didn't really say if Galactus was weak, or hungry, or full powered. I just look at all 3 scenarios and I keep an open mind when comparing his powers to others on these threads.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Scoobless
yes... they're married

blink

Really? I thought that it was only friend relationship.

They argue a lot, though.



Thanks.

armandovalles
Does anyone know what issue of what comics Hercules held up Manhattan in?

Bishop X
Is Mimic going to die in Exiles #66?

armandovalles
I hope not. He's my favorite exile other than Morph.

armandovalles
what are count nefaria's powers?

armandovalles
What issues of what comics did the "Trion" version of Juggernaut appear in?

long pig
Herc' never held up the island of manhattan, he was lying and trying to impress this kid with his strength feats. He never actually did it.

Trion jugs was in his own limited series I think.

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Characters/CountNefaria.jpg

manjaro
exactly when is the much hyped superman vs wonder woman coming out?

Bishop X
Does Batman know The Question's secret identity and vice versa.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by armandovalles
what are count nefaria's powers?

Count Nefaria possesses the powers of Whirlwind, Living Laser and Atlas (All second-rate villains of Avengers). He however, has their powers hundred time greater then the orginals have. This grants him to following superpowers:

Super-human strenght (able to lift about 10000 tons, as he has Atlas's strenght multiplied by hundred).

Able to grow (Don't know if he is shown this power before, but as he has powers of Atlas, he should have this too. Possibly he would be able to grow hundred times bigger then Atlas. That would be 6000 feet.)

Super human speed(Living Laser can travel at the speed of light. So apparently, he would be able to travel hundred times faster then speed of light...not sure though.), along with the ability to rotate his body at 40000 revolutions per minute, power coming from Whirlwind.

Able to excist as boldiless quantity of photons.

Able to shoot incredibly powerful lasers (From Living Laser)

Superhuman durablity (Survived an blow from Thor's hammer unharmed)

Able to create powerful jet streams and tornadoes (Whirlwind's ability increased hundredfold)

I might have missed something...but I hope that this was helpful.

goku-vs-superma
i got a couple questions!

1. what are all the gems in the infinity gauntlet and what do they do.

2. How did kyle raynor become Ion and what powers does he have as Ion

3. what other pantheons of gods are there between Marvel and DC other than Norse Greek and Egyptian

Scoobless
the Dark Gods from Thor.... New Gods of New Genisis (i suppose)

armandovalles
Originally posted by long pig
Herc' never held up the island of manhattan, he was lying and trying to impress this kid with his strength feats. He never actually did it.

Trion jugs was in his own limited series I think.

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Characters/CountNefaria.jpg

No, Herc really did lift manhattan. Ive seen pictures, i just dont know what comic and issue it is from.

armandovalles
Originally posted by goku-vs-superma
i got a couple questions!

1. what are all the gems in the infinity gauntlet and what do they do.

2. How did kyle raynor become Ion and what powers does he have as Ion

3. what other pantheons of gods are there between Marvel and DC other than Norse Greek and Egyptian

1) The Gems consist of: Soul, Time, Reality, Mind, Power, and Space.

2) Kyle Rayner became Ion by completely overusing his powers as GL, therefore when he went to rechrge he became like 10000 times stronger.
As Ion he is omnipotent, and in terms of power he is more powerfl than parallax and probly around Full Power Galactus level.

3) There are these types of gods, i will give an example of each:
Norse/Asgardian - Thor, Odin, etc.
Greek/Olympian - Hercules, Zeus, etc.
Egyptian - Apocalypse, Rama Tut, etc.
Atlantean - Namor, Attuma, etc.

-Thse are the 4 major types of Gods.

goku-vs-superma
thanks armandovalles! but what powers do each gem give?

Scoobless
Originally posted by armandovalles
3) There are these types of gods, i will give an example of each:
Norse/Asgardian - Thor, Odin, etc.
Greek/Olympian - Hercules, Zeus, etc.
Egyptian - Apocalypse, Rama Tut, etc.
Atlantean - Namor, Attuma, etc.

-Thse are the 4 major types of Gods.

Apocalypse is not a god... neither is Namor..... other pantheons would include the Dark Gods.... in fact if you read Thor comics a few pantheons are mentioned, but don't feature much... i suppose you could call the Elders of the universe gods, New Gods of new Genisis and the folk from Apokalipse, including Darkseid

armandovalles
Who's faster (flying), Superman (post-crisis) or Wonder Man (ionic)?

Sentry
Superman.

Wonder Man's fast and can attain speeds over Mach 30, but compared to Superman's Mach 1000... You get the picture.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by goku-vs-superma
thanks armandovalles! but what powers do each gem give?

Time Gem (red) - Control over the flow of time.

Space Gem (purple) - Control over space, allowing instantaneous travel across vast distances.

Power Gem (pink) - Increases physical strength and endurance.

Soul Gem (green) - Control over the soul.

Mind Gem (blue) - Allows mind control and vastly enhances the holder's intellect.

Reality Gem (orange) - Control over reality itself, creating and uncreating matter Matter is anything that has mass and occupies space.

DarkCrawler
Question:

Who are the New Gods and who belong in them?

goku-vs-superma
thanks darkcrawler!!

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by goku-vs-superma
thanks darkcrawler!!

No problem.

Zenoside
does anyone have any information on galactic spiderman? oh and Darkcrawler I like your sig, just cuz its talking bad about superman!!

long pig
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Question:

Who are the New Gods and who belong in them?



To understand that, you need to know who the Old Gods are.

DarkCrawler
Okay. Thanks.





Question: Does Hulk's strength increase when he is angry because of adrenaline?

armandovalles
Has Hercules ever picked up, or at least tried to pick up Mjolnir or any of the other Mystic Hammers like Stormbreaker or Thunderstrike?

If he tried, did he succeed in picking it up?

If so, what issue of what comic was it in?

DarkCrawler
Hercules has never tried to use the hammers of my information...

Spideys Sister
Do you know if Cletus Cassidy(Carnage) Killed himself or was he killed. If someone else killed him, who?

DarkCrawler
Sentry killed him in New Avengers #2.

long pig
Other than getting rid of a flagship character, whats the excuse for SS not turning Hulk into banner permanetly? He's stated he could do it at any time.

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
Other than getting rid of a flagship character, whats the excuse for SS not turning Hulk into banner permanetly? He's stated he could do it at any time.

because he's a sadistic [email protected]@rd.... either that or he's full of sh!t and can't do half the stuff he claims he can

armandovalles
SS is an arrogant son of a b*tch. He claims he is far more powerful than he is, and also claims he can do alot of things that have never been proven.

jrodslam
Hmmm interesting.

armandovalles
Is this guy in (Galactus' hand, from the Stormbreaker limited series) Tyrant? It sure looks like him alot. Is he? or is he someone else?

http://image.milehighcomics.com/istore/images/fullsize/82675998087.4.GIF

Sentry
I've heard a "Strange" rumor about the mystery character on the New Avengers. I heard from a "source", that the mystery character is Dr. Strange. I know it sounds retarded, but Dr. Strange is an excellent close quarter combatant. He did take on Black Panther and Mantis... and beat them! I don't think it's true, but I just wanna hear everyone's opinions. Dr. Strange on the New Avengers will certainly shake things up.

armandovalles
no the new member of the New Avengers team is gonna be introduced at the end of the Sentry storyline and hes gonna be the one to take down Sentry when he goes insane. His name is Ronin, and he is pretty much a mix between Black Panther and Dr. Strange. He has superhuman abilities like Black Panther, plus he has alot of Magical abilities like Dr. Strange.

Sentry
Originally posted by armandovalles
no the new member of the New Avengers team is gonna be introduced at the end of the Sentry storyline and hes gonna be the one to take down Sentry when he goes insane. His name is Ronin, and he is pretty much a mix between Black Panther and Dr. Strange. He has superhuman abilities like Black Panther, plus he has alot of Magical abilities like Dr. Strange.

That's what I'm saying. Did you ever see his face. It could be Dr. Strange. Strange is a bad a$$ fighter and the ultimate sorcerer. Or that could be his servant, Wong or something.

armandovalles
no his name is Ronin!

Sentry
I'm just asking if you saw his face! Is it someone completely different?

Well if it is someone different, with magical powers, I think they balanced it out quite well.

armandovalles
yea and by the way Sentry did u get my PM?

Sentry
No. Did you send me one?

Sentry
My computer was acting up for the past 5 minutes. I probably didn't get it. Ask me or send one now.

armandovalles
ill ask you here.

I heard u have the naked pic of Zarda from Supreme Power, can u e-mail it to me?

Thanx.

Sentry
Did you get it? Check your email.

armandovalles
nope, i didnt get it.

armandovalles
try to send it again.

Sentry
Check your private message now.

armandovalles
yea i got it. Did u get my reply?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by armandovalles
Is this guy in (Galactus' hand, from the Stormbreaker limited series) Tyrant? It sure looks like him alot. Is he? or is he someone else?

http://image.milehighcomics.com/istore/images/fullsize/82675998087.4.GIF

It is Alpha Ray, an robotic Beta Ray Bill.

Scoobless
Originally posted by armandovalles
no the new member of the New Avengers team is gonna be introduced at the end of the Sentry storyline and hes gonna be the one to take down Sentry when he goes insane. His name is Ronin, and he is pretty much a mix between Black Panther and Dr. Strange. He has superhuman abilities like Black Panther, plus he has alot of Magical abilities like Dr. Strange.

how about a spoiler warning......... if it's true that is

sad

Sentry
Sorry... I asked the question. I'm sorry. sad

long pig
Ronin sounds badass. Any pics or further info??

Blair Wind
aight i have a question....heres a pic of the two siblings (storms) saying there gonna switch back to their original powers.....howd they switch in the first place?

DarkCrawler
up

I think the power switch had something to do with Reed.

pr1983
i think it was reed...

q. are power man and luke cage the same guy?

DarkCrawler
Yes.

pr1983
Thanks...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by DarkCrawler




Question: Does Hulk's strength increase when he is angry because of adrenaline?

And also this question:

Is Hulk invunerable to telepathy?

Blair Wind
Im not gonna say im an expert but what I have heard and read is that Hulk does get stronger the angrier he gets and he is not invunerable to telepathy but because he has so many different personalities in his head its almost impossible to attack him that way....

DarkCrawler
Okay, thanks. smile

DarkCrawler
Bump.

DarkCrawler
Actually, this thread could be put as Note.

supremthor
How powerful is High Farther of the new god? wat level is he on

armandovalles
Who is the most powerful Green Lantern ever? (not including Parallax, Spectre, Ion, Ganthet, or any other guardians)

armandovalles
Have Hal Jordan and Alan Scott ever met? (not including Rebirth)

If so, can u tell me what issue(s) of what book(s) they met in?

DarkCrawler
Uppity-up-up

whirlysplat
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
And also this question:

Is Hulk invunerable to telepathy?

He has been telepathically controlled most notably in the Defenders (original series) by the unnameable one.

Exact mechanism of strength increase unknown but it seems possible that basic stress responses are the cause so adrenal (fight or flight) response may well affect this.
Please fans visit my thread where I will attempt to teach you all comicsbig grin

Keep the faith big grin

Stay Whirly rock

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by armandovalles
Who is the most powerful Green Lantern ever? (not including Parallax, Spectre, Ion, Ganthet, or any other guardians)

Hal. Or Alan.

armandovalles
Are these beings considered Cosmic?

Thor
Hercules
Namor
Wonder Man
Vision
Iron Man
Scarlet Witch
Warbird (Ms. Marvel)
Jack of Hearts
Photon
Juggernaut
Nova (Centurion, not the herald)
Cannonball
Havok
Dr. Strange

willRules
Jack of Hearts maybe.................

Nataku8188
Thor - Asgardian (Mythical, etc.)
Hercules - Asgardian (Mythical, etc.)
Namor - Atlantian Mutant
Wonder Man - No idea
Vision - Android thingy.
Iron Man - Genius in a warsuit
Scarlet Witch - Mutant
Warbird (Ms. Marvel) - Mutant
Jack of Hearts - Possibly
Photon - Mutant (right?)
Juggernaut - Mystical (Mutant in ultimates)
Nova (Centurion, not the herald) - No idea who she is
Cannonball - Mutant
Havok - Mutant
Dr. Strange - Mystical

Anyone who isn't like, FROM space, and derive their powers from the cosmos isn't a cosmic. Mutants like Havok who use their mutant ability to harness cosmic style stuff, and the FF are like, cosmic wannabes. They use cosmic powers, but aren't cosmic beings, they are enhanced humans.

whirlysplat
Nova Prime is Def cosmic, other Novas? potentially yesbig grin

Scoobless
Jack of Hearts is.... he used to feature in "cosmic powers unlimited" i would say Nova could qualify

Warbird is not a mutant, she's an altered human... the Kree f**ked with her genes

Thor is an Asgardian.... but he could also qualify as cosmic

i don't think Photon is a mutant.... here we go...

"History- Police Captain Monica Rambeau was investigating an incident at a chemical plant when she was caught in an explosion that should have killed her, but due to the nature of the chemicals involved she instead was imbued with the power to transform herself into all manner of light"

http://www.chezcomics.com/comics-resources-information-pages/marvel-comics-information-resources/marvel-comics-superhero-character-profiles/captain-marvel-f-marvel-comics-profile.htm

she may be close to cosmic but i don't think she's quite there

Sentry
Photon is not a mutant. Her powers can be considered cosmic. She was Captain Marvel II.

Here:

Sentry
Richard Rider and Comet Man are definitely cosmics.

Blair Wind
aight I got a question....its about this Flash stealing speed from people or giving it to them...he steals kinetic energy or he gives kinetic energy correct? Now has he ever done this to saaay, Superman? and if so (or anyone as powerful) can you give the issue...please? Thanks!! big grin

Blair Wind
anyone??? please?????

DarkCrawler
I have an issue where he does it to his enemy, Girder.

Scoobless
bump (cos i want to know that as well)

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Scoobless
bump (cos i want to know that as well)

thanks, I really want to know

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I have an issue where he does it to his enemy, Girder

its a start, you have it with you?

also I really want to know if he has on Superman, in maybe like a Justice League type mission, because....well I want to see if he can....I got my reasons...so please ANYONE...help a guy out..

armandovalles
has Zeus ever fought Odin?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Blair Wind



its a start, you have it with you?
.

Gimme a sec and I find the issue and post the scan.

Blair Wind
thanks....

Blair Wind
a sec?? happend like a week ago....please you got it there? Ima use your own pic against you, lol

namor says:

Scoobless

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>