Mace Windus screen time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reverand89
maybe its just me but i thought that for all the hype mace windu got he could have gotten more fighting scenes.the 2 that he did have did not really show how powerfull he really was.and plus when he got his arm chopped off during the palpy scene he screamed like a little girl.and that did not really help raise his badassness.

Red Superfly
I simply never cared, so it was never a problem for me.

((The_Anomaly))
i thought the same thing actually, but meh. he served his purpose..

Red Superfly
His cooked remains served several homeless Coruscantians(?).

Stunrun
laughing out loud at Red

I thought Sam was great. He did what was expected of him, and pulled it off well

Reverand89
yeah i just thought they could have given him a fight scene that could have actually proved that he was as badass as was said.

The Biker Scout
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
i thought the same thing actually, but meh. he served his purpose..

Mace is crap

Tulak Hord
He got second to yoda using mind tricks and his close-to-dark-side Vaapaad style. I think he WAS on the dark side..I mean, only bad guys use Purple sabers.

cal31
He killed Jango Fett without breaking a sweat, and he was one of the deadliest men in the galaxy. I agree though, they definetly could've used him more. I think a short duel between him and Anakin would've been great like in the game.

koolruningz
If Mace and Anakin would have duelled then "the duel" loses some of its impact. First Mace cant win this because Anakin needs to advance the story, so if Anakin wins then Obi Wan really has no chance later on. Mace took out Jango in seconds, Obi Wan struggled. If Anakin took out the second most powerful Jedi by himself then you cant sell the Obi Wan and Anakin stalemate later on. The only possible way to take a character like Mace out was to have him double teamed by Palpatine and Anakin, it takes out a super-powerful Jedi master and puts the nail in Anakin's coffin as far as turning to the darkside.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I simply never cared, so it was never a problem for me. Same here.

Red Superfly
For what it's worth, even though I never cared, I thought the Mace vs Palpatine confrontation was the best combat scene in the movie.

Reverand89
Originally posted by koolruningz
If Mace and Anakin would have duelled then "the duel" loses some of its impact. First Mace cant win this because Anakin needs to advance the story, so if Anakin wins then Obi Wan really has no chance later on. Mace took out Jango in seconds, Obi Wan struggled. If Anakin took out the second most powerful Jedi by himself then you cant sell the Obi Wan and Anakin stalemate later on. The only possible way to take a character like Mace out was to have him double teamed by Palpatine and Anakin, it takes out a super-powerful Jedi master and puts the nail in Anakin's coffin as far as turning to the darkside.

you know i never really thought about it like that very good point kool

koolruningz
Cheers mate.

cal31
Originally posted by koolruningz
If Mace and Anakin would have duelled then "the duel" loses some of its impact. First Mace cant win this because Anakin needs to advance the story, so if Anakin wins then Obi Wan really has no chance later on. Mace took out Jango in seconds, Obi Wan struggled. If Anakin took out the second most powerful Jedi by himself then you cant sell the Obi Wan and Anakin stalemate later on. The only possible way to take a character like Mace out was to have him double teamed by Palpatine and Anakin, it takes out a super-powerful Jedi master and puts the nail in Anakin's coffin as far as turning to the darkside. Yes, but that already happened in the movie. Dooku manhandles Obi Wan, yet Anakin takes dwon Dooku easily after he uses his anger. So how can Dooku take out Obi Wan so easily, and yet Anakin can't? It is because Obi Wan knows every move and trick Anakin has, he trained him. So that point is irrelevant.

cameron666
Mace Windu is a better swordsman than Yoda. He could actually beat Sidious.

DeVi| D0do
Not this again...

Mace is NOT a better swordsman than Yoda.

koolruningz
Originally posted by cal31
Yes, but that already happened in the movie. Dooku manhandles Obi Wan, yet Anakin takes dwon Dooku easily after he uses his anger. So how can Dooku take out Obi Wan so easily, and yet Anakin can't? It is because Obi Wan knows every move and trick Anakin has, he trained him. So that point is irrelevant.

Yes Anakin took Dooku down and Obi Wan got whipped, so dont you think it would have made Obi Wans odds even greater if Anakin had singlehandedly taken Mace out to?
Im not disputing the reason Obi Wan was able to best Anakin, but if you had seen Anakin deal with Dooku and Mace then it would have been a bit of a stretch to apply the good old "Obi Wan knew all Anakins tricks" rule. It would also ring true that Anakin knew most of Obi Wan's tricks seeing as they have fought side by side through an entire war. I prefer using Anakins overconfidence and arrogance as the reason he lost the duel, but thats just me.

newjak86
Obi wan did get wipped

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.