buying stuff online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
i'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to purchasing stuff online...ive used a couple of clothing sites for buying stuff and yesterday i signed up to play.com to get some dvd's

any of you guys shop online and have you had any bad experiences with online retailers as opposed to ebay or other essentially p2p selling sites

and can anyone recommend any good and reliable online retailers...for anything at all...

botankus
There are verification tools that every retailer should list. Don't buy from them unless they provide one.

botankus
* EDIT - DOUBLE POST *

botankus
There are verification tools that every retailer should list, saying that your information is secure. If you're really paranoid, research their security claim and don't buy from them unless they provide one.

botankus
I apologize for the previous 3 posts. It's early and I keep hitting the wrong buttons.

jaden101
Originally posted by botankus
I apologize for the previous 3 posts. It's early and I keep hitting the wrong buttons. laughing

PVS
pisses me off to no end when that happens to me.
they should place the "edit" and "quote" buttons on opposite sides of the page.

botankus
Originally posted by PVS

Agreed. I'd quote myself a lot less if they did.

bilb
Originally posted by PVS

OMG.. you make mistakes PVS?? confused

stick out tongue

DCLXVI
Originally posted by bilb
OMG.. you make mistakes PVS?? confused

stick out tongue

Best. Quote. Ever. stick out tongue

J/k

bilb
hehehehehe.. he knows I love him stick out tongue

Dr. Strangelove
Pretty much everything I buy online is off of Amazon. I've never once had a problem with them and their shipments usually come days earlier than they're supposed to.

ragesRemorse
I have bought and sold online quite alot. Personally, i have never had any trouble. However, i only shop at official sites. You really shouldn't shop on independent sites. Even E-bay is a great reliable source to purchase rare items for cheap. If you do shop on e-bay you definitely have to use caution and just common sense. Half.com is the e-bay solution if you dont like to bid. Buying online can be very convenient if you use caution.

Curl_Up&Dye
be careful with online buying... theres a huge counterfieting scam going on right now with money orders

bilb
Paypal baby!! eek!

botankus
Like this chick above me said, Paypal is a great option.

SlipknoT
I buy alot of things online and Have never had any problems

silver_tears
Originally posted by DCLXVI
Best. Quote. Ever. stick out tongue

J/k

This is gonna sound odd, but there's a grammar mistake in your sig embarrasment

And the only thing I ever bought online was season passes to an amusement park, so I dont think that'll help much laughing out loud

GCG
Most problems i had was bringing over DVDs and CDs........before i get them, i have to argue not to pay the post extra altough i would have already payed for shipping and handling yet the price im supposed to pay for handling here is outrageous.

Something that amazes me is that i also have to pay another extra to get the DVDs and CDs through censorship...................How on earth to they manage to check them without breaking the seal ??

Tex
I've been buying stuff online for years, ebay, amazon, bestbuy, etc... shop at refutable sites and you shouldn't have a problem.

Also your credit card protects you against purchases on the Internet involving fraud. thumb up

jaden101
thanks for the tips guys...got my package from play.com this morning...watched it already...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.