Lukas got a thing about cutting off limbs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
look at all the "limb cutting offs" which have happened. Anniken looses his one forearm, Windu gets his hand cut of, Dooku looses his head, Anniken gets the other arm and both legs sliced off, Luke looses a hand, Vader looses his new robot hand, he must have realy been sick of it by then.

I probably missed someone.

Fishy
Its a quick and effective way of disabling your opponent... Pretty smart if you ask me, especially if you want your enemy to survive

The Ones
yea but dooku got his head sliced off. thats over kill

Jedi Styles
^

Wouldn't you want to lop his head off if Dooku chopped off your arm?

Fishy
No, I would chop of something lower...

Wickerman
Lucas isn't just being freaky. It makes excellent sense

~wickerman~

jaden101
its a dig at the saudi's

actually...lets not go there

PVS
Originally posted by Bicnarok
look at all the "limb cutting offs" which have happened. Anniken looses his one forearm, Windu gets his hand cut of, Dooku looses his head, Anniken gets the other arm and both legs sliced off, Luke looses a hand, Vader looses his new robot hand, he must have realy been sick of it by then.

I probably missed someone.

how ironic that you would question such material, with such a sig messed

xyz jedi
It's to add effect in how hot the lightsaber is. They also only cut off their hand because they can't fight which is the honarable thing to do. Or they missed the lightsaber, and if so they must be pussies if they are going for the lightsaber instead of them.

Wickerman
Originally posted by xyz jedi
It's to add effect in how hot the lightsaber is. They also only cut off their hand because they can't fight which is the honarable thing to do. Or they missed the lightsaber, and if so they must be pussies if they are going for the lightsaber instead of them.

i'm sure they would've loved your theory on how leaving an opponent with his honour is for pussies in Japan

~wickerman~

maboy
Not only jedi and sith get sliced. Also that bounty hunter in EPII, and the sand people get chopped off. EPIV that guy in mos eisley *hope I got that right* gets his arm chopped. EPV the Wampa creature looses an arm. And a bunch of battle droids in EP I II and III

Darth_Otaku
and the Whale Man...is that the Wampa thing?

maboy
the wampa is the creature that captures luke in hoth

maboy
oh and not to forget OB1, chopped in half, (well, not quite, I think he dissapeared and became one with the force before being chopped in half by vader)

Darth_Otaku
Well Obi cuts the Whale Man's arm of in a bar in ANH.he tosseled him rudely...

Red Superfly
Newsflash, they are using LASER SWORDS.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Newsflash, they are using LASER SWORDS.

NO NO YOUR WORDS HURT ME LIKE A THOUSAND STINGING POISONED DAGGERS

do not insult the creator of this thread that would rather have them all just get stabbed or shot!!!!!!!!!!

~wickerman~

Darth_Rankkor
I think there should have been more shop shop. Like, if the jedi temple massacre was shown and other stuff hehehehehe mangle mangle

Swanky-Tuna
I just played the Jedi Outcast demo and noticed almost every guy I sabered was missing his left hand. Even the guy I cut the left hand off of when he was dead. But I couldn't cut off the right. The only one I remember not dying like that was the one that crouched just as I was throwing my lightsaber and got a little more than a hand removed.

Delta 62
Nothing funner than lopping off arms and heads.

Ogami Itto
Jango got decapitated too!!

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Delta 62
Nothing funner than lopping off arms and heads.
Tell me about it. I just ended my last run by accidently beheading myself. I was both surprised and delighted.

Vanquish
If there is one thing we have seen in the Star wars world, is that a Jedi is useless without his lightsaber. They are not allowed by the code to use things like force lightning and force chokes. So if you disarm a Jedi (literally) they are defensless.

I'm sure it is in every Jedi and Sith training, to go for the hands. It is damn near impossible to get a fatal blow on somebody when they are also trained in the force. But getting someones hand off seems a bit easier, and the obvious target area.

Plus its just damn cool. Except when Mace lost his. He cried like a little *****...

Swanky-Tuna
I'm sure they're not defenseless but in a duel, that's pretty much game over since your opponent would still have his/hers.

And if your opponent didn't have a saber and still disarmed you, you probably sucked too much to win anyway.

seaapple
It's kind of the nature of the weapon.

Whisper
It's Lucas's homage to all the old samurai films. They're always getting dismembered in them.

Darth_Sidious01
Originally posted by Whisper
It's Lucas's homage to all the old samurai films. They're always getting dismembered in them.
Very true

matreid
Did we forget Darth Maul aswell?

Sliced in two. No honour in that, also, Obi and the council could have questioned Maul and found out who sidious was. Of course, had they kept him alive. Obi should have just cut off his hands.

I know Obi-Wan was angry at his masters death but he should of done the more sensible thing.

matreid
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I just played the Jedi Outcast demo and noticed almost every guy I sabered was missing his left hand. Even the guy I cut the left hand off of when he was dead. But I couldn't cut off the right. The only one I remember not dying like that was the one that crouched just as I was throwing my lightsaber and got a little more than a hand removed.

I have that game aswell and and there is a cheat to dismember all parts of the body such as heads, hands, arms, legs and torso's. Its actually quite funny. Some times when you cut off a storm troopers head it is still screaming in pain after his head is already on the ground!

Red Superfly
Yeah the cg_dismember cheat or something right?

I use it all the time. You can set the physics rediculously high so that when you slice someones head off, it pops off and flies into space lol

b-dan
Originally posted by The Ones
yea but dooku got his head sliced off. thats over kill dookus a gay homo and disreved what he got

Red Superfly
Isn't a gay homo a double negative? Does that mean he's straight?

Bishop X
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

Where can I get the demo from?

Yuxa
it was funny when doku got his hands cut. Anakin owned him!

Wickerman
Originally posted by Vanquish
If there is one thing we have seen in the Star wars world, is that a Jedi is useless without his lightsaber. They are not allowed by the code to use things like force lightning and force chokes. So if you disarm a Jedi (literally) they are defensless.

I'm sure it is in every Jedi and Sith training, to go for the hands. It is damn near impossible to get a fatal blow on somebody when they are also trained in the force. But getting someones hand off seems a bit easier, and the obvious target area.

Plus its just damn cool. Except when Mace lost his. He cried like a little *****...

1. If a jedi/sith loses his lightsaber he can get it back by using the force. It happens plenty of times in the OT and in the PT

2. If a jedi's lightsaber is destroyed he is by no means defenseless. I suggest you watch clone wars and see what Mace can do with his fists and simply using the force...ya know....the force....it's something SW is all about.

3. Again, i suggest you watch clone wars and see what Shaak Tii (i think) does to those droids Grievous employs with one of their staffs. Remember the Jedi and Sith don't ONLY train with a lightsaber.

4. Also please rewatch ROTS and see that Obi Wan can also use a blaster....which anyone can.

All in all, don't say that the Jedi are all about the lightsaber and how they're defenseless without it. I'm sure you didn't mean it like that and sorry if i was too harsh, but that kinda thing gets to me

~wickerman~

Bishop X
Very True.

jabbar
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
I think there should have been more shop shop. Like, if the jedi temple massacre was shown and other stuff hehehehehe mangle mangle

U evil, darth rankkor!... .I like....... *laughs meniacly*

jabbar
Originally posted by Wickerman
1. If a jedi/sith loses his lightsaber he can get it back by using the force. It happens plenty of times in the OT and in the PT

2. If a jedi's lightsaber is destroyed he is by no means defenseless. I suggest you watch clone wars and see what Mace can do with his fists and simply using the force...ya know....the force....it's something SW is all about.

3. Again, i suggest you watch clone wars and see what Shaak Tii (i think) does to those droids Grievous employs with one of their staffs. Remember the Jedi and Sith don't ONLY train with a lightsaber.

4. Also please rewatch ROTS and see that Obi Wan can also use a blaster....which anyone can.

All in all, don't say that the Jedi are all about the lightsaber and how they're defenseless without it. I'm sure you didn't mean it like that and sorry if i was too harsh, but that kinda thing gets to me

~wickerman~

newsflash wickerman, it's just a movie and hence there's no need for comments to get to you. There is no such thing as Jedi, or sith, or laser swords or light sabers (although it would be cool, wouldn't it?).

Just a friendly reality check big grin

darth tyrant
isnt that the point of the lightsaber try to slice somebody up?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Bishop X
Where can I get the demo from?
Right here.

I tells ya though, it's so realistic that I don't see how it can be done without the lightsaber since like direct headshots will kill you regardless of your life. Plus it looks so friggen cool taking out baddies with it.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Wickerman

~wickerman~

I can accept the fact that blasters come into play and can still use the force, but don't use the Clone Wars as a basis of an arguemnet.

The CLone Wars are over-the-top. Mace can punch holes in droids while in the movie, Obi-Wan almost breaks his leg kicking Grievous.

The Jedi aren't defenseless without a saber, but they don't suddenly become superheroes ala Clone Wars when they lose them. They can't punch big holes in metal, they can't summon ships from the sky etc.

The Jedi in the CLone Wars don't even need sabers, when you think about it. They are like Neo or something in the cartoons, which is fun for a cartoon, but bears no relation at all to the REAL Star Wars physics.

Dresta
i think that for a change someone should get cut straight down the middle from head to toe

matreid
Originally posted by Dresta
i think that for a change someone should get cut straight down the middle from head to toe

Lol! Like what Anakin does to a geanosian in the factory in AOTC. evil face

Fishy
That would be really hard to do when you are fighting a Jedi

Red Superfly
That's awful! Especially if it's in a crotch-to-head motion.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by maboy
oh and not to forget OB1, chopped in half, (well, not quite, I think he dissapeared and became one with the force before being chopped in half by vader)

It's Darth Maul who gets chopped in half.

Revan X
Dooku did not just lose his head he also his hands.

jerlark386
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I can accept the fact that blasters come into play and can still use the force, but don't use the Clone Wars as a basis of an arguemnet.

The CLone Wars are over-the-top. Mace can punch holes in droids while in the movie, Obi-Wan almost breaks his leg kicking Grievous.

The Jedi aren't defenseless without a saber, but they don't suddenly become superheroes ala Clone Wars when they lose them. They can't punch big holes in metal, they can't summon ships from the sky etc.

The Jedi in the CLone Wars don't even need sabers, when you think about it. They are like Neo or something in the cartoons, which is fun for a cartoon, but bears no relation at all to the REAL Star Wars physics.

For all the physics laws Star Wars obeys it might as well be a cartoon. And theoretically, with the force anything is possible. In fact the saber is almost a redundacy cartoon or movie.
Why not simply *force sharpen* the air into a sword? Or just pull the roof down on opponents? Or force crush? etc..
I'm guessing the only reason the Jedi use sabers is show that they don't rely exclusively on the force. Excessive use is akin to the darkside. Hmmmmm

Bishop X
Thanks Swanky its hella awesome. Have you played Master mode yet? I love fighting those two Sith guys. Anyone know who they are?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Bishop X
Thanks Swanky its hella awesome. Have you played Master mode yet? I love fighting those two Sith guys. Anyone know who they are?
I've gone through easy and normal but I've been sidetracked by learning you can spawn armies of storm troopers then fight them. Gets laggy though. Even all the guns on the floor start messing things up but they're surprisingly easy to get rid of.

And apparently they're normal people that went through the jedi valley and are now watered down dark jedi.

Bishop X
Ohhhh...

Swanky-Tuna
I just went through the other difficulties. I beat the 2 reborn guys the first time through on hard with 85 life left of 100 and the shields I got from the secret area. On extra hard they took me like 10 tries because you only get 50 life.

The second guy seemed to always go down to something easy like being force pulled then stuck in the head or refusing to backflip off the platform and getting cut in half because of the close proximity.

First guy was murder though.

Bishop X
Hey swank I went on Master again and when I got to the reborn dude, I conjured up lik 20+ Luke Skywalkers and 10 Jedi Desanns and watched them fight. The Desanns tore through the Skywalkers. Then I got like 20 Densanns and tried to fight them in god mode. I could never beat them all, it would have taken hours. Endnote: Why do the Kataran spawns suck so much???

matreid
Yah spawning is quite fun. I like to spawn the jedi version of Jan Ors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.